Supernatural In The Media: We're Legitimate Reporters. We Swear!

• Please log in to reply

16191 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 6:40 AM

Mediay!

Gecko Girl

Gecko Girl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:01 PM

Just reminding the viewers in Canada that Supernatural: Behind The Scenes will be on the Space Channel tonight.

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:01 PM

Just reminding the viewers in Canada that Supernatural: Behind The Scenes will be on the Space Channel tonight.

For the first time ever, I'm jealous of Canada. :(

Tangerine

Tangerine

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:42 PM

You should be! It is filmed in Vancouver after all =D

But darn it, being away at university means I'm poor which means I don't get The Space Channel

but for those of you who missed it, here is the Star!Inside Supernatural special they had on the Star! Network in good ol' Canada. It'll be taken down by the end of the week and once again I apologize for the lack of quality.

Hee, JA is afraid of Clowns. Which just reminds me of that little short film he produced The Plight of Clownana

Belchimaera

Belchimaera

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:14 PM

I don't think this was posted on the old thread:

Strange Horizons reviews this years crop of sci-fi shows, including Supernatural.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

Marti Noxon gives SN a mention at Zap2it.com.

Gecko Girl

Gecko Girl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:25 AM

But darn it, being away at university means I'm poor which means I don't get The Space Channel

but for those of you who missed it, here is the Star!Inside Supernatural special they had on the Star! Network in good ol' Canada. It'll be taken down by the end of the week and once again I apologize for the lack of quality.

I was only able to see the first few minutes of the Behind the Scenes show on the Space Channel, but it looks like it's the same as the Star!Inside Supernatural special.

chickk

chickk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:28 AM

Yep it's the same one. The same company, CHUM, owns Space, Star! and CityTV which runs Supernatural in Canada.

Edited by chickk, Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:30 AM.

Well Manicured

Well Manicured

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:45 AM

I too, am jealous of Canada. Did anyone see last weeks tv guide? JA was in a article called New Stars and his picture was much too small. Why did they have waste a whole damn page on Chyler Leigh and Emily Deschanel? I wanted a full page of HotDean! Which I could then tear out the page and post on my wall, kind of like a return to my Teen People phase. This show makes me 12.

Edited by Well Manicured, Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:47 AM.

vinah

vinah

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 9:55 AM

There is an interview with Jared Padalecki on MSNBC.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9915920/

HarleyQ

HarleyQ

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 12:35 PM

FYI, the Strange Horizons article is written by our very own Keckler, who should know from sci-fi, or the lack thereof, based on her years with Enterprise (god bless 'er).

Brunette

Brunette

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 12:39 PM

There is an interview with Jared Padalecki on MSNBC.com

Good article. Better picture. ;)

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:43 PM

Well, planetout.com did this Biggest Hunk on the WB poll. The Ackles got 43% of the vote, while Tom Welling got 28%. They were the only two in double digits.

Anyway, they're doing this for all the networks. There already up to ABC, the last of the six (but not the least, they are quick to point out). Then, they are going to take the winners from each poll and put them in another poll to determine the hottest network hunk overall. It'll be fun to see the results.

furrymonster

furrymonster

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 5:05 PM

Tangerine, thanks for the special-I totally forgot about it. Does anyone know if it's going to be repeated?
As a media contribution, I happened to notice a sci-fi magazine at the library called Starlog (or something like that) which had a good article about Supernatural in it. I checked and it's not online, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone wants to track it down.

UnfamousLoser

UnfamousLoser

Fanatic

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 11:32 PM

In issue no. 5 of Emmy magazine (which is published by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences) there's an article called "A Wider Net" by Barry Garron. It's an interview with WB chairman Garth Ancier. Ancier talks about the future of the network, and on page 60, there's a full page photo of Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:45 PM

Next week's TVGuide (November 14-20th) features an article about Supernatural and a great picture of JA and JP.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:31 PM

SeattlePI.com's TV writer starts off by saying how her husband loves this show because it's fun, then later says she's been ragging on SN because it's boring. Me confused.

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:40 PM

From that article:

"It's 'Simon & Simon' ... with butt rock! And shotguns! And demons!" he replied enthusiastically.

Following a pause, he added, "And when you think about it, all great TV descends from 'Simon & Simon.' "

Is awesome! She may find it boring, but I think I love her husband:)

ktr675

ktr675

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:44 PM

Why did this:

"It's 'Simon & Simon' ... with butt rock! And shotguns! And demons!" he replied enthusiastically.

Following a pause, he added, "And when you think about it, all great TV descends from 'Simon & Simon.' "

have me giggling like a school girl? Oh yeah, it's the fact that I've never before heard the phrase "butt rock". And not to dirty your thread, but I immediately thought that perhaps this lady's husband is a fan of the Bro!Yay!. Have I missed something obvious here that it refers to?

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:48 PM

She may find it boring, but I think I love her husband:)

OMG I totally want her husband too!!

Francophile

Francophile

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 3:27 PM

Oh, that's too funny. Simon & Simon! Reminders of my childhood!

ktr675, I've always understood "butt rock" to refer, generally, to Dean's music collection. The one Sam refers to as "the greatest hits of mullet rock" in the pilot.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 3:54 PM

Simon & Simon! Reminders of my childhood!

And a reeeeally big part of my old VHS Collection.

That author seems to think there is substance to Lost though so I suspect she is from a different planet than I am and her only mention of Veronica Mars is that Joss Whedon is doing a cameo? Huh. But I will cut her some slack since her husband understands the finer qualities of S&S and can apply them to SN.

voodoo lady

voodoo lady

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 7:02 PM

This is what our local paper had to say about last night's ep:

Supernatural (8 p.m., Ch. 30): There's a lesson to be learned in this episode if you build housing on an ancient Indian burial ground, bugs are going to eat your brain.

Let that be a lesson to us all. Actually, this critic likes the show a lot, and even did a column about it a couple of weeks ago in which he praised its high entertainment value, genuine scariness, and sense of humor.

gzornblat

gzornblat

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 3:57 PM

Has anyone read the TVguide article about supernatural in the Nov 14-20 issue? There's an interesting quote

After fans in chat rooms demanded, "When's Dean going to take off his shirt?"  Kripke decided to give them what they wanted.  "Dean takes off his shirt and then he takes off his skin!" Kripke says.  "And then he tears off his own ear!"

There we have it. Documented proof that they are purposefully teasing us with the whole "When are the boys gonna show a little skin?" issue!

The article is pretty fun though. And yummy yummy pictures of the boys.

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 4:12 PM

Oh my god, that too frigging funny! I love it. They are SO teasing us! Bastards! LOL! Definitely have to get this weeks TV Guide.

La Anah

La Anah

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 6:03 PM

For those of us who don't have access to a hard copy of the TV Guide article, here are scans.

charly

charly

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 6:46 PM

So I had a play with the pic from tv guide and messed with it...mmmmm....check out the hotties...

Link.

Edited by Demian, Nov 10, 2005 @ 7:27 PM.

crumpeteer

crumpeteer

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 7:07 PM

I'm somehow highly entertained by the "getting jumped in a bar" bit. I'm especially entertained because it seems like Kripke was awful proud that the boys fought their way out. How cute is it that they're so close in real life?

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 7:25 PM

Hey, charly, TPTB here don't like us to insert images, they prefer a link (just a heads up). On another not...that's a NICE picture.

mar-g-wan

mar-g-wan

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 9:13 PM

Super nice picture, I'm going to try and go out and get this.

And Loretta Devine is obviously a woman after our own hearts, talking about how gorgeous those boys are. :D I can't wait to see her next week.