Grey's Anatomy on DVD

• Please log in to reply

931 replies to this topic

prue

prue

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:19 PM

Right now, the only official word we have is that Buena Vista plans to release the first season in the near future.

However, Amazon has already made the release its own page. I know some people have speculated that the availability date is a typo, and that it's supposed to be December 31, 2005, but I'm thinking it's actually Amazon's default date for items that don't have release dates yet.

With only 9 episodes on the DVD, does that mean we're likely to get a bunch of extras to make the package more appealing? Here's hoping.

Edited by prue, Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:20 PM.

Invisible Green

Invisible Green

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:55 PM

I think it's more likely that they'll release all 13 episodes of the entire first [production] season as a set, rather than just the first nine episodes. Or maybe they'll wait a year and release the first 2 seasons together, though that would be like a nine-disc set, so probably not.

LookSee

LookSee

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:01 PM

They can do what Three's Company did and sell the first season dvd cheaply ($10).

Edited by LookSee, Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:01 PM.

prue

prue

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:21 PM

I doubt that they'll release both seasons together, because I think they'll profit more by selling them separately.

That would be interesting if they put the first thirteen together. Wonder how likely that'll be.

noscare

noscare

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:27 PM

Doubt it. Mostly, because they made that "filler" episode, which (if they released those 13 together and then the 22 episodes) would fit neither here nor there.
Besides, people who watch GA without obsessively checking the web for any mention of it EVER wouldn't know about the other 4 episodes being in S1 originally and would be very confused.

Invisible Green

Invisible Green

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:52 PM

"Filler" episode? Which one was that?

SourPurple

SourPurple

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:56 PM

The second episode of season two was a filler episode. The one with the Judy Dolls. It was shot way after episodes 1, 3, 4, and 5 of what is now the second season.

Edited by SourPurple, Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:55 PM.

prue

prue

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 11:09 PM

The second episode of season two was a filler episode. The one with the Judy Dolls. It was shot way after episodes 1, 3, 4, and 5 of what is now the second season.

That episode really bored me, and I thought it was the worst one in the show's history. I recently learned of its being a filler ep, and now that's more understandable.

I'd forgotten about the fact that we're getting a 27-episode season two. (Although... that filler episode was shot as an extra order for S1, was it? It's definitely not included in the 22-episode order for S2?) That makes it so much more unlikely that they'll package them all together. 36 episodes in one dvd set is way too many.

cris1135

cris1135

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:10 AM

I hate to bring this up, but if Buena Vista is anything like HBO, I wouldn't be surprised to see a tiny Season One set for a regular size price. This from a Sex and the City fan who was offered tiny seasons 5, 6A and 6B for about the same price as full seasons 1-4!

Buckner400

Buckner400

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:42 AM

Info from TV Shows on DVD Web Site:
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=3605

Quotes an add placed by BVHE in an industry mag. Not much else deatils wise

Sarra not Sara

Sarra not Sara

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 4:34 PM

According to Amazon.com, the first season of GA is coming out on DVD February 14th, 2006. How perfect is that?
More below -I didn't notice if any extras are included. Their price isn't bad either.

Grey's anatomy on DVD

prue

prue

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 6:01 PM

$20.99 isn't bad at all. And I'm glad there's a release date set already! Thanks for the heads-up, Sarra not Sara. Hopefully TVShowsOnDVD will have more information soon.

prue

prue

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 2:42 PM

A listing of the extras and more information about the DVD have been added to TVShowsOnDVD. I hope the actors get to do commentary, too.

Buckner400

Buckner400

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 2:42 PM

Latest info from tvshowsondvd.com (Trying not to sound like a shill, they're just a very good place to look for this info).

Release date: February 14th
First Season - 2 Discs, 9 episodes plus the following extras:
Extended scenes form the pilot
Making of featurrete
Deleted scenes
Alternative main title sequence
Commentaries

Suggested reatil of $29.99, Amazon preorder $20.99

Info comes from Video Business publication. No official word from Buena Visat yet.
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=4459
http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=4443 (earlier story on Amazon posting)

Edited by Buckner400, Nov 7, 2005 @ 2:43 PM.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:50 PM

the first season of GA is coming out on DVD February 14th, 2006.

Yay! 8 days before my 16th birthday! I really hope they'll have tons of extras and I REALLY want commentaries. I'm such a commentary junkie!

prue

prue

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 9:17 PM

DVD box art released.

Shreiva

Shreiva

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 30, 2006 @ 12:10 PM

Just found GA Season 1 on Amazon, selling for $19.48, which is excitingly cheap for poor college students. Anyone heard of what's on it (extras-wise)?

flux

flux

Posted Jan 30, 2006 @ 12:22 PM

These are taken from amazon.ca:

DVD Details
* 2-Disc DVD set (all 9 episodes from Season 1)
* Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
* Presentation: Widescreen
* Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1

Bonus Features:
* Anatomy Of A Pilot The Toughest Cuts From The Pilot Episode
* Dissecting Grey's Anatomy - Exclusive Unaired Scenes
* Behind The Scenes Of Grey's Anatomy
* Avant-Garde Trailer
* Cast And Creator Audio Commentaries
* And more.

On the DVD
Under The Knife: Behind The Scenes Of GREY'S ANATOMY -- A look into the production of the show
A Hard Day's Night Vignette -- Exclusive collection of unaired scenes from the pilot
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Main Title Sequence
French Spoof Trailer -- A fake French trailer made by the production team
Audio Commentaries

Edited by flux, Jan 30, 2006 @ 12:22 PM.

Sir_Fireboard

Sir_Fireboard

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 7:48 PM

Pretty in depth review of the S1 set here.

JeS 47

JeS 47

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 8:13 PM

Best Buy has S1 on sale for $16.99 and Target has it for $17.99. Can't wait!

bsg27

bsg27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 9:25 PM

Mine arrived today. Kickass! *goes to put it in dvd player*

Lyssanick

Lyssanick

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 9:28 PM

Damn I KNEW I should have ordered online....

flux

flux

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 9:29 PM

Wait a minute, I pre-order a month and a half ago and I still don't have it. bsg27, I envy you!

riding the ho train

riding the ho train

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 10:21 PM

I dont' care if it makes me miss my car payment, I'm buying that sucker tomorrow. I can't wait. I missed the Pilot of this show and I can't wait to see it!

aphrodite-in-nyc

aphrodite-in-nyc

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:31 AM

mine arrived last night too -- from amazon -- so I watched 5 hours last night. God I love this show!!!

terryyaki

terryyaki

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 7:50 AM

Just asking some favor since mine didnt arrive yet, was there any bloopers for us fans to devour or have some laughs with it?

snowfall

snowfall

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 10:10 AM

Does it have bloopers?

allidelaespada

allidelaespada

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 11:42 AM

You know, I don't get up early for many things. But last night I actually set the alarm so I could get up and run down to Walmart before work. Of course now I have to go through the whole day with my exciting DVDs stuck in my trunk, but just knowing I have them will make it all go by faster. I can't wait until tonight! Who cares about the Olympics when I have my GA DVDs!

Sorry I didn't look at the case closely enough to see if they have bloopers. *crosses fingers that they do*

EvilSpawn

EvilSpawn

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 12:12 PM

As far as I can tell, there are no bloopers.

Also, there are only 5 unaired scene, but I'm assuming that the other 14 are actually embedded in the episodes. Those 5 couldn't be embedded because most of them are more like alternate takes of already existing scenes.

FWIW, the one where Ellis and Meredith are doing surgury with pens and spoons is cute.

bsg27

bsg27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2006 @ 3:23 PM

I didn't see bloopers. I also only saw 5 extra scenes, but 19 were advertised on the outside of the box. Am I missing something? They're embedded? That seems odd.