Pop culture references: "Hold a radio over my head"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

Shambola

Shambola

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:31 PM

Got that feeling you should know what is it that the character just said and where it came from, and you are drawing a blank? Ask here.

Here's one:

"I love you. In a really really big, pretend to like your taste in music, let you have the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window sort of way."

"Hold the radio" refers to a 1989 John Cusack movie Say Anything. In that movie, his character is holding a radio over his head to woo Ione Skye with the loving sounds of Peter Gabriel, "In Your Eyes", a song that played when they were first intimate.

Edited by Shambola, Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:51 PM.

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:46 PM

"Make the lambs stop screaming", from our darling George, is of course a reference to Silence of the Lambs. And was hilarious, incidentally.

azture

azture

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 4:29 PM

"Make the lambs stop screaming", from our darling George, is of course a reference to Silence of the Lambs. And was hilarious, incidentally.

But what episode is the "Make the lambs stop screaming" quote from?! I keep seeing reference to it, but I just can't place when he said it.

lidja

lidja

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:01 PM

"Make the lambs stop screaming." was from episode 2.03 "Make me lose control" George makes the comment after they see Izzy talking to Alex and realized that Alex and Izzy were becoming friends. Meh and Xtina just turn and stare at him when it whispers it though.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 2:24 AM

That Silence of the Lambs quote is my fav GA quote of all time, but recently my overwhelming need to see PD in a turtleneck on a regular basis became too hard to fight,and I began to watch non stop Will and Grace reruns. I am now sad to report, that that line was spoken pretty much verbatim by Jack in a W&G ep from about 5 years ago, so its now not as fresh or as original as I first thought it was. I feel so violated.

flux

flux

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 9:27 AM

In the Elevator of Lust back in 1.02, PD said "I'm your sister. I'm your daughter." This is in reference to the movie Chinatown.

Edited by flux, Nov 4, 2005 @ 9:29 AM.

appletree

appletree

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 10:32 AM

I am now sad to report, that that line was spoken pretty much verbatim by Jack in a W&G ep from about 5 years ago, so its now not as fresh or as original as I first thought it was. I feel so violated.

Well, just look at it as a double pop cultural reference then, and you're all set.

NoLoContendere

NoLoContendere

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 10:41 AM

Silence of the Lambs is such a huge pop culture icon I'm sure lines from it, and that line in particular, have been used dozens of times. But it was still hysterical when George said it.

yourmother

yourmother

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:18 PM

George is adorable, he's my favorite character. I want him to get the girl, he should swoop in and rescue Meredith from her broken heart.