Questions and Answers: Who Did What When Where?

• Please log in to reply

1089 replies to this topic

flux

flux

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 3:14 AM

Got a burning question? Post them here and someone will gladly answer. This is for anything GA related.

Enigma13

Enigma13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:08 AM

Not really a burning question, but a question nonetheless...how long are the gang meant to be interns? How long does the program last?

Edited by Enigma13, Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:09 AM.

flux

flux

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 8:02 AM

I think it's 2 years, then they move on to residency.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

PinkyLee

PinkyLee

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:58 AM

I only started watching this show this season and don't know where the name McDreamy came from. I mean, Patrick Dempsey is hot, but McDreamy?

Bruin4Ever

Bruin4Ever

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:05 AM

I believe Bailey coined the term Dr. McDreamy and that it stuck here at TWoP. If we tried, I'm sure Bailey could be the source of many nicknames for this show.

Scheherezade

Scheherezade

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:17 AM

It was Xtina who came out with the first McDreamy. In the "Just sitting here with my penis" scene from 2x02 if memeory serves.

Brittan

Brittan

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:58 AM

Now that iTunes is making certain ABC TV shows available, does anyone know if Grey's Anatomy will be added to the short list of Lost, DH, and Night Stalker? I would love to be able to carry McDreamy around on my iPod and watch him whenever I please.

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:00 PM

I thought they were interns for one year. The gang on Scrubs were only interns for the first season.

And I hope like hell they make GA available on iTunes. They'd make some serious money off me!

ClaireV

ClaireV

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:01 PM

And I hope like hell they make GA available on iTunes. They'd make some serious money off me!

It is! It is! Don't worry. The only problem is that only about 15 songs are on it, so you have to search for the other songs individually.

joy1983

joy1983

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:06 PM

I think that Brittan meant the episodes, not the soundtrack. I imagine if Lost and the other shows do well on itunes they would put GA on it since it is such a big show.

Shambola

Shambola

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 2:31 PM

Where does "Meh" come from? And why do people type Xtina instead of Christina?

Scheherezade

Scheherezade

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 2:46 PM

Meh because there was a general feeling of mehness about the character when the show first started. A lot of people (on this forum anyway) will now identify themselves as being on the Meh love-train but the name has stuck. And it's shorter.

Xtina because cris/cross = X. And it's shorter.

flux

flux

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 2:49 PM

Meh is from a while back when the old GA tread started. A lot of people didn't like her and started to called her Meh. The posters from the old tread just picked it up since it was easier to type than Meredith. Saves time, you know.

Xtina, I think was first started by another poster, rekkid, I think. Anyways, it's also to save time from typing all the letters, Xtina vs Cristina.

ETA: Nevermind, Scheherezade beat me to it.

Edited by flux, Nov 2, 2005 @ 2:49 PM.

RandomRanter

RandomRanter

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 3:07 PM

Enigma13 - I think they're program is seven years. (I seem to remember that from the first episode). Although I agree that typically they are interns for the first year and then x-year residents after that.

Midnightmom

Midnightmom

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 3:57 PM

I think they are interns (general practice) for one year, then residents (specialty) for however many years are required. As potential surgeons it appears that the residency will take 6 years.

Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:01 PM

It's my understanding, from when my brother-in-law was a resident, that the first year of any surgery residency is a general surgery internship after which you do the real specialty training. And that segues nicely into my real question which is: have we heard what any of their specialties is? I get that Shepard is a neurosurgeon and Burk is cardio-thorassic, but what the hell is Bailey and what are the interns? Again, from the b-o-l, he was already applied and was accepted to the orthopedic surgery program before he started his internship.

MelMelW

MelMelW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 5:50 PM

I love this show, but this is the first time I've seen it here on TWoP, so my question is this: there's an old thread for GA that I never noticed before, and it has 343 pages or something - but the show wasn't recapped last season or this season until this past week . . . right? I would love a recap of the few eps I missed, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

fonebone37

fonebone37

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 6:39 PM

Please don't link to recaps from other sites.

Edited by AB Chao, Nov 6, 2005 @ 4:23 PM.

JeS 47

JeS 47

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:29 PM

Please don't link to recaps from other sites.

Edited by AB Chao, Nov 6, 2005 @ 4:20 PM.

MelMelW

MelMelW

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

Thanks JeS 47 and fonebone! I appreciate the info and am glad to know I haven't been missing out on TWoP recaps . . . now if we could only get them to recap Reunion . . .

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:27 PM

Are there any plans to go back and recap season 1?

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 3:55 PM

Is Meredith's dad dead or alive?

Bella Lumina

Bella Lumina

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 5:21 PM

I don't think it's been explicitly said either way, but there have been no mentions of Thatcher being dead.

jandj

jandj

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 5:45 PM

I think I missed a few episodes here and there. Can somebody explain McD's trailer to me? Did he tow it all the way from NY? Where's it parked?

sjoanzors

sjoanzors

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 5:57 PM

I'm not sure how the trailer got there, but I know that it's parked on land that McD owns. From the way he talks about it, it seems like he inherited it or something: "All this land is mine. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it."
The exposition you can get about it is in "Save Me" (season 1 episode 8).

Jitann

Jitann

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 12:28 AM

I haven't quite figured out what Hoyay is...anyone wanna clue me in?

Bella Lumina

Bella Lumina

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 12:37 AM

It means "homoeroticism, yay!" Basically, it's used when a viewer senses a homoerotic subtext to a scene.

almostlunchtime

almostlunchtime

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 7:39 PM

Regarding the Mama Meh storyline -- I missed a couple eps in the last month. How did they settle that one? Is she still in the hospital? Was she sent back to the nursing home?

flux

flux

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 10:45 PM

Yes, MamaMeh is back in the nursing home after she got discharged from the hospital. I hope this is not the last time we'll see her in the show though.

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:40 AM

It looks like Bailey is unaware of Alex's failed exam [judging by the latest ep]. Does she know? That scene where he got punished for showing up late for rounds had me wondering.

ETA: I mean, is Bailey supposed to know about this kind of stuff? Because 2 eps have gone by and I thought the Chief would clue her in.

Edited by gl_shark, Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:45 AM.