Dr. Preston Burke: "It's just coffee."

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

241 replies to this topic

rekkidbraka

rekkidbraka

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 9:58 PM

I'll take mine black and hot, thanks.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:37 PM

I love Burke and his and Cristina's relationship is definitely my favorite out of all the relationships.

iheartbridges

iheartbridges

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:38 PM

Cris/Burke is my favorite pairing on this show. And MAN that man is hot. If he can wear an ugly orange/yellow turtleneck and a white coat and STILL look good? I'm smitten.

Seriously though, I think he's awesome with the facial expressions, saying so much with no words.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:39 PM

I think he's probably the best actor on the show. And his scenes with Sandra Oh are phenomenal. The breakdown scene between the two of them was amazing.

LingPetunia

LingPetunia

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:54 PM

He is defintely the best actor on this show IMO and the hottest!

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:59 PM

I really like him and can see him getting an Emmy at some point in time for this role.

minnie mouse

minnie mouse

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 8:09 AM

I read in the Prison Break thread that the evil Secret Service dude passed on this role, and I just can't imagine anyone doing it better than IW. He is the hottest doctor on this show.

Edited by minnie mouse, Nov 2, 2005 @ 8:11 AM.

Curare

Curare

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:00 AM

I'm so glad because that actor is good on Prison Break. I can't think of anyone but IW playing Burke. He so embodies the role.

Want2Sleep

Want2Sleep

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:53 PM

And MAN that man is hot

Smokin hot ! The strong, silent type,,nothing better.

Edited by Want2Sleep, Nov 2, 2005 @ 1:03 PM.

SinCA

SinCA

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:57 PM

Oh Dr. Burke! I can appreciate McDreamy for sure, but when Burke puts on those glasses, forget it, I am done. So hot!

I can even forgive the purple flower cap he wears.

How great was he while coaching George through the elevator door? That, and with that first big kiss with Christina in season one are my favorite Dr. Burke moments.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:10 PM

I can't see anyone other than IW playing Burke. It would just be wrong on so many levels of wrongness.

bookgirl71

bookgirl71

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 6:17 PM

I'm just glad to see IW on a weekly basis. He's such a good actor and has been in so many movies, but he seems to be underappreciated. I hope the masses finally get to see his great talent.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 6:40 PM

He's definitely the best male actor on the show. And I look forward every week to seeing his scenes.

Enigma13

Enigma13

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:50 PM

My only problem with Burke is that he needs better non-doctor clothes. (I have to say, I love his flowery hat-thing-- I don't know it's name-- that he wears during surgery.)

simplyperson

simplyperson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:54 PM

I think I'd be happy if they just put him in every scene, he doesn't have to say anything... Just be there and be hot.

I can't say much about the character, though I find him way less annoying than the other male lead. And prettier too.

whatthedeuce

whatthedeuce

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 11:05 PM

Strange as it sounds, I think IW looks like a turtle, and because he insisted on wearing that damn turtleneck when he crawled into Cristina's hospital bed, I decided I'd just call him "Turtleneck." Anyway, I was pretty indifferent to Turtleneck throughout the first season, but he's growing on me. I liked the way he handled the situation with Cristina when she asked him to help her find the leg because he's her boyfriend. It's nice to see someone attemtping to be professional at SGH.

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 11:07 PM

I can even forgive the purple flower cap he wears.

I want the Chief or McD to make fun of the floral cap. Burke says the Chief's hat is too pimpin',then the Chief should get to make fun of the cap.

Also loved his line when Xtina & Mer walked into the mens' restroom to argue the transplant case from season 1. His reply was great, something about 'unless you're going to whip one out.."

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 11:58 AM

I'd forgotten about that line, but it's stuff like that that makes me love Burke. He's the perfect mix of sympathetic and sarcastic.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 11:32 AM

I read in the Prison Break thread that the evil Secret Service dude passed on this role

Kellerman? Seriously? I'm glad he passed, because I can't imagine anyone else playing that smarmy bastard (I mean that in the best way!), and IW is absolutely perfect for Burke. In fact, I can't imagine anyone else playing Burke. Chandra Wilson is pushing him hard, but he's been my favorite thespian on the show since it started. I also damn near caught the vapors when he was on The View this past summer. He was suave and sexy and very much the family man, which made him even sexier, somehow. Love him.

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 12:16 PM

I kinda like that he told the Chief about the relationship. It shows that it really matters to him and he doesn't wanna hide it, he's proud to be with someone hot like Cristina.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:33 PM

I was very proud of him for telling the Chief. That's why I like him better than McDreamy.

LingPetunia

LingPetunia

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

Mmmm. Yummy. I cannot say anything bad about him. I want a Burke of my very own.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 9:29 PM

I want a Burke of my very own.

Don't we all! But I would never let him operate on me. The flammable heart, the towel he left in the woman, no not getting near me with a scalpel.

kaizee

kaizee

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 5:17 PM

It's funny, I never paid attention to the mistakes he's made in the OR.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

It's funny, I never paid attention to the mistakes he's made in the OR.

Every time something like that happens, no matter who the surgeon is, my mom and I stop and look at each other and decide we will never go to Seattle for surgery.

Want2Sleep

Want2Sleep

Posted Nov 11, 2005 @ 1:22 AM

Mmmm. Yummy. I cannot say anything bad about him. I want a Burke of my very own.

May I order one also?

TotalLunaChick

TotalLunaChick

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 8:16 PM

If you think he's hot on GA, check out the movie Love Jones. He out-hotted Laranz Tate. Dude is just that smokin'.

Fang11

Fang11

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 9:19 PM

Want2Sleep 

May I order one also?

As long as he is shipped with a better (read: non-argyle zippy sweater-turtleneck, he rocks normal turtlenecks) wardrobe, sign me up.

Aoedele

Aoedele

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 9:04 AM

As much as I like PD, he ain't got nothing on my man Washington. This is a brilliant and so under appreciated actor. Love, love him.

ToddyEnglish

ToddyEnglish

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2005 @ 10:59 AM

Cristina is one lucky girl. Burke is sexy as all get out. He is the epitome of Tall, Dark, and handsome!
Infact, he out hots even doctor McDreamy, in my opinion!