Glark

Glark

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 9:50 PM

Media-y!

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 7:29 PM

Not quite current (it's from April of this year), but I thought it was interesting... made me look at Jay (whom I still love) in a slightly different light: Oh, Jay.

And because the internet is technically media: Is that a glamour shot, or what?

Edited by OraBrooch, Nov 6, 2005 @ 7:31 PM.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 10:40 AM

Oh, good god almighty! If you haven't been there lately, Pepper added some new "fashions" to her website. Do NOT miss the silver lamé "gown" on the first page or the "haystack lady" on the second page under the drop-down "Collections." In addition to the marm-ish dresses, I think Pepper went crazy at a Payless Shoe Store fire sale.

Except for the link to Bravo in the "Links" section, she's also gotten rid of all mentions of PR, too.

ETA: Maybe it's because I haven't been to that site in so long, but perhaps they're not all new? I just saw "Nearly Naked Knocking Lady" and that's pretty old.

Edited by Major Misfit, Nov 7, 2005 @ 10:42 AM.

sarichan

sarichan

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:20 PM

Hahaha, in response: My best friend just commented that Wendy Pepper designs dresses for grandmotherly prostitutes.

Seriously, her clothes make me want to vomit. Igh.

Edited by sarichan, Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:21 PM.

Channel7

Channel7

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:20 PM

There are a few dresses I've seen that La Pepper has designed that aren't so bad. But that silver number just HURTS. MY. EYES.

And as for Austin Scarlett? You can't say his site doesn't fit his personality. Very pretty clothes for the most part, though some pieces are a bit costumey for my taste.

sarichan

sarichan

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 11:31 PM

The collection on Austin's site was his Fashion Week Collection - the decoy set that he did so as not to spoil the show's finale. They had him and the final three do a fashion week set so that Fashion Week goers wouldn't know who had actually made final three. I think he already knew he wasn't gonna win anything, so he just pretty much did whatever the hell he wanted. Which was an American Pioneer type inspired thingie. Really a great concept. But then, Austin is a costume designer by day. And he is very flamboyant and costumey in his personality, so of course that comes through in his clothes.

floretbroccoli

floretbroccoli

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 1:12 PM

From Laurel's TV Picks (Eastern Standard Time)

Ian Gomez (of Jake In Progress, Felicity), Jeremy London, Camryn Manheim (of The Practice), Alison Sweeney, and Wendy Pepper on Celebrity Poker Showdown (Bravo, 9pm - 11pm, midnight - 2am; 1pm - 3pm on Friday).

Let me repeat, Wendy Pepper on Celebrity Poker Showdown.

Words fail me.

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 1:43 PM

While waiting for the A train today, I saw an ad in the subway station for the new season: A big shot of Heidi holding up what was supposed to be paper cutouts of each designer, with the tagline "They sew... she cuts."

It was pretty cute, actually.

Edited by OraBrooch, Nov 10, 2005 @ 1:43 PM.

oregonbeach

oregonbeach

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 2:27 PM

Austin's site hasn't changed since the end of the series. Too bad. As for Wendy's "fashions," the pink and green springy number is kind of cute, but that faux wedding dress made of curtains is really scary, along with the grandma's lavender drapey top thing. Straight from the Cheryl Tieg's Collection at Kmart or Sears in the '80's.

Neko

Neko

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 3:13 PM

I just checked Wendy's site. The words, they fail me. The next-to-last picture on the Fashion 2 page: red see-through halter, green patterned skirt with panels made from a lighter green...Christmas wrapping paper? And the silver lamé Borg outfit...I guess that's for when Seven of Nine gets tired of the catsuit. And the see-through skirts, because that's the look you want for a formal event.

The bitch, she is tacky!

I think he already knew he wasn't gonna win anything, so he just pretty much did whatever the hell he wanted.

By the time they had asked Austin to create a collection, the rest of the episodes (up to and including his elimination) had finished filming. Remember, Kara, Jay and Wendy went back home for several weeks to work on their collections. I'll try to hunt up the link, but Austin said in an interview that the producers (or whoever) didn't really think about the whole spoiler issue until the other three were home and well into their projects. So when he was asked to create his collection, he didn't have nearly as much time as the other three had.

edited to add: the link to the story about the timing of Austin's collection

Edited by Neko, Nov 10, 2005 @ 3:26 PM.

Penfold

Penfold

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 3:49 PM

Nevermind. Found the answer in another thread.

Edited by Penfold, Nov 10, 2005 @ 3:50 PM.

Selma04

Selma04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 5:14 PM

Oh, good god almighty! If you haven't been there lately, Pepper added some new "fashions" to her website.

She must be stopped.

Hahaha, in response: My best friend just commented that Wendy Pepper designs dresses for grandmotherly prostitutes.

It's funny cause it's true.

ClarionGrad

ClarionGrad

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 3:55 PM

Oh wow. And we thought it was just greedy, blatant merchandising.

Monday, October 3, 2005
BRAVO, MIRAMAX TELEVISION, THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY AND ELLE SEW UP PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE NEW SEASON OF 'PROJECT RUNWAY'
Released by Bravo

BRAVO, MIRAMAX TELEVISION, THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY AND ELLE SEW UP PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE NEW SEASON OF 'PROJECT RUNWAY'

L'OREAL PARIS, SATURN, TRESEMME, BANANA REPUBLIC AND ORBITZ TO WALK THE RUNWAY OF THE EMMY-NOMINATED FASHION DESIGNER COMPETITION SERIES PREMIERING WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT 10 PM, ET/PT

NEW YORK -- October 3, 2005 -- Bravo, Miramax Television, The Weinstein Company and ELLE are pleased to announce that L'Oreal Paris, Saturn, TRESemme, Banana Republic and Orbitz have signed on as the official sponsors of the second season of Bravo's Emmy-nominated runaway hit series "Project Runway," which premieres Wednesday, December 7 at 10 p.m., ET/PT.

The partnerships with Saturn, L'Oreal Paris and TRESemme are integrated deals that will provide significant exposure in all mediums including in-show, on-air and print. Orbitz is an official on-air sponsor for Bravo and Banana Republic has formed a deal with Miramax and The Weinstein Company to provide in-show integration.

"The creative world of fashion design truly struck a cord with our advertiser base as so many brands came forward to be part of the second season of 'Project Runway'," said Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo. "The organic integration in, and on-air association with, this series is a great way for these sponsors to create a strong buzz among key consumers." ...

"'Project Runway' is a brand's dream," said Lori Sale, Executive Vice President Worldwide Promotions for Miramax Films. "There are so many organic integration opportunities within the show and outside the show through our partnership with Bravo and ELLE Magazine. We have been literally able to create one-stop shopping for brands who seek a relationship with fashion and style."  ...

The second season of the premier reality series set in the glamorous and rigorous world of the fashion industry will pit sixteen aspiring designers against each other facing off on design challenges. Saturn will provide the winner with $100,000 in seed money to help them launch their own line and a 2007 Saturn Sky Roadster. The winner's designs will be photographed for ELLE by the magazine's world-renowned Publication Director, Gilles Bensimon, and they will also receive a mentorship from the Banana Republic Design Team.    ...

(emphasis added)

Attention Project Runway fans, please adjust your spin-ometers! The products being shoved at us are not, I repeat not in any way meant to be smarmy product-placements to the max. They are organic integration opportunities and I feel we should honor all attempts to introduce the organic into our lifestyles, even when it no longer includes the fabric of our lives.

Damn, I knew you were going to say that!

oregonbeach

oregonbeach

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 9:50 AM

What's up with Kevin Johnn? The website is KevinJohnn.net. The .com version is available and the net extention is not appropriate, since you know, he's not in the computer biz. Then you get there, and there's nothing but a slide show that has to load each photo slowly. Am I missing something?

OraBrooch

OraBrooch

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 10:01 AM

The Hilary Swank SNL was on E! last night... an awful episode all around, except for the very last sketch of the night... the Project Runway sketch!

Featuring the faboo Rachel Dratch as a hysterical, skunk-wig-wearing Wendy Pepper. Yay!

rennysgirl

rennysgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2005 @ 2:15 PM

Bravo, Miramax Television, The Weinstein Company and ELLE are pleased to announce that L'Oreal Paris, Saturn, TRESemme, Banana Republic and Orbitz

I get all of these...except for Saturn. How does a generally family-brand car company fall in line with runway fashion design? This, to me, is a stretch of a partnership. Good for GM for getting them in there, but it would seem that Cadillac or Hummer would make more sense here. I mean, didn't Hummer launch its own perfume last year? Orbitz is a little strange too, but generic enough I suppose.

ETA: Found out from the Saturn.com website that they have a long-standing partnership with Lands' End. This does not help me change my mind.

Edited by rennysgirl, Nov 14, 2005 @ 2:18 PM.

LunaNegra

LunaNegra

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2005 @ 9:11 PM

OMG.. just checked out the link above to Wendy's site. Jeez... her simple mind comes out. Can all she design is cheesy dresses? Every dress has the same basic shape/design..just change the material a bit. No clothes, no real fashion? Hmmm.. maybe because that would take some sort of original thought. Most look like bad high school prom dresses. Blech..

Edited by LunaNegra, Nov 15, 2005 @ 9:12 PM.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 2:29 PM

The new contestants are up on http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/

Bios! Q&A! Video Interviews! Yay!

Oh, but overall... I'm underwhelmed as far as the website layout.

BitchySmurf

BitchySmurf

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 3:13 PM

The excitement for me of the new website is looking at the models for the first time. Damn some of these bitches are so old they couldn't even be on Top Model. I'm hoping they have some seriously fierce walks.

I watched the preview video like three times. Tim Gunn, I love you. Also, since Emmett is my new front runner just on the basis that he's known Tim for 24 years.

Gilda Slice

Gilda Slice

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 4:28 PM

RE: The photos on the Project Runway 2 site - Tim Gunn is sexy with and without the glasses. Made me long for the Tim Gunn: One Sexy Bitch wall calendar.

soymilk

soymilk

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 6:58 PM

Damn some of these bitches are so old they couldn't even be on Top Model.

How prophetic, BitchySmurf, because Rachael was cut in the semifinals of ANTM. I also noticed that all of this season's models are 18 and over. Perhaps Richard Johnson will make another appearance this season and he requested no more jailbait.

BitchySmurf

BitchySmurf

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2005 @ 7:30 PM

I know! I saw that and about died. Seriously, having rejects from ANTM does not bode well. I know I can't really judge until I seem them on the runway, but I have a feeling this group of models is not as strong as last season's.

Krispy24

Krispy24

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2005 @ 1:24 AM

Well, there's clearly no Melissa this year. Maybe they're running out of aspiring models in New York? Bwahaha...

ANTM reject or not, I'm very exited about Rachael. If you've seen her work, she's incredibly... well, fierce. Tyra knew she was too good for the joblessness that is being a UPN celebrity.

janellio

janellio

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2005 @ 4:41 AM

Apparently, Project Runway is where FIDM graduates go to die.

I'm torn, there's a girl that's from Atlanta so I should be rooting for her, but her Alama Mater just took over in shady ass move, my Art College, so by default I am rooting for no one right now. Although Emmet looks as if he has promise.

Edited by janellio, Nov 20, 2005 @ 11:40 PM.

Smackfu

Smackfu

Posted Nov 21, 2005 @ 12:40 PM

Just watched the preview video. That's so cool that Kara Saun and Jay got to help choose the new candidates.

chickfactor

chickfactor

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 24, 2005 @ 1:30 AM

Heidi Klum, Elizabeth Hurley Sued Over 'Project Runway'

http://tmz.aol.com/a...122212509990001

Ashforth

Ashforth

Fanatic

Posted Nov 27, 2005 @ 7:46 PM

Season One DVD set comes out on Tuesday, Nov 29! According to the blurb on Amazon there are good extras. I hope so! Amazon is taking pre-orders for $27.99, but I'm going to check out Target, Best Buy, etc., and try to to get it on a good sale.

If that guy really did come up with the basic structure and ideas that made PR so good (even though so much is in the production and casting: would it have been nearly as fantastic with, say, someone other than Tim in the mentor role?), then he deserves to get some credit and money. It'll be interesting to see what comes of his lawsuit.

Cheese Nip

Cheese Nip

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2005 @ 1:34 AM

yeah, but shows like ANTM and The Apprentice(s) have the same basic format. I bet he has trouble proving ownership. Its not like this show has reinvented the wheel. Or like he invented the piano key necktie.

I just realized how much awesomer this show would be if Mugatu were hosting it.

El DeMarge

El DeMarge

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2005 @ 8:59 AM

And shouting at the designer who is "out" that week: "You're Nothing! NOTHING!!!" (Designer runs off the stage sobbing...)

kinkyprude

kinkyprude

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 29, 2005 @ 11:54 AM

And that designer would be would be Starr.