Grey's Anatomy in the Media

• Please log in to reply

18898 replies to this topic

Jessie monster

Jessie monster

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 5:27 PM

Previously.tv founders also founded TwoP back in the day. No long form recaps, but a lot of terrific articles and think pieces. I'll see you guys over there.

Gusto

Gusto

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:39 PM

as of next week twop will be a goner.

Whaaa?!!! To quote the ever so eloquent Mark Sloane from almost every episode: "What The Hell Happened?!"

Ok, I actually know what happened, I just read about it. But still it's quite the shock. Damn. Despite all my bitching about the show I actually liked coming here and reading about spoilers and stuff and discussing it all with so many great people on here. I'm definitelly going to miss it.

Damn. Maybe they'll find a solution until May. If not, I just want to say it was a pleasure (cyber)knowing you all.

Chas411

Chas411

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:48 PM

I'll be over at Previously so hope to see you all there :)

craziness

craziness

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 8:33 PM

Tessa's grandmother on father's side is (was?) Rosemary Clooney, her mother is Debby Boone, grandfathers are Pat Boone and Jose Ferrer, uncle is Miguel Ferrer, and some number of cousin something removed is George Clooney.

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:55 PM

What was eye opening to me re: Tessa Ferrer's lineage, once I realized who she is, is that Mel Ferrer, who was played Phillip (Angela's attorney and her husband, too, for a time), is NOT related to Jose. I always assumed they had to be.

stinkles

stinkles

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 7:26 AM

Yes, Tessa has quite the entertainment lineage. She's also a very good singer.

I'm going to miss her on the show, but not as much as I'm going to miss TWoP. *sniff*

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 3:45 PM

I wasn't expecting this site to go away anytime soon. I read here for so many years before posting. Thanks to all for the discussions, opinions and humor.

Would he even be allowed to interact with any other members of the cast like Patrick and Ellen.

Seems that he is. Ellen herself posted this picture I saw forwarded on twitter. She looks quite happy.

Chas411

Chas411

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 3:51 PM

I think that's Ellen's way of telling us that Washingtons return probably isn't as dramatic as the media are making it out to be.

DarkBluescrubs

DarkBluescrubs

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 4:11 PM

" Probably. I don't buy that from hating each other to be sooo happy in a pic together. 

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 4:31 PM

It's been 7 years. People grow, move on, and forgive. Maybe not everyone is hugging it out and singing kumbaya, but I think that picture of Ellen and Isaiah is nice.

I'm very much excited to see what's up with Burke, and I think it's appropriate that he's back to help close out Cristina's story.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 6:02 PM

I think that's Ellen's way of telling us that Washingtons return probably isn't as dramatic as the media are making it out to be.

After the initial announcement did the media even say much at all? I didn't see anything after a day or so.

It's been 7 years. People grow, move on, and forgive

Agreed. Its not like she send out a lot of publicity picture and the like so seems she's happy with him being there.

Edited by zenyatta, Mar 29, 2014 @ 6:05 PM.

Frankie5Angels

Frankie5Angels

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:35 PM

I'm joining the previously.tv exile. I hope to see you guys there.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2014 @ 8:37 PM

Grey's Anatomy: Will Alex Really Leave Grey Sloan Memorial?

Exiting Grey's Anatomy Actress Joins CBS' Summer Drama Extant in Recurring Role

Edited by WindSprints, Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:00 PM.

coxfire

coxfire

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 8:41 AM

From the Alex spoiler:

"I do not think she will let him go very easily," Capshaw says. "Just flashback to the fact that he was supposed to be on the plane. He can't have had her go on the plane and then go off with Dr. Butthole, that's not going to go down well for her.

When will they adress that Arizona was on that plane because she decided to "punish" Alex for wanting to go to Hopkins? Her presence in this plane was her own doing, not Alex suddenly deciding he didn't want to go, but her pettily pouting because he wanted to go for a better offer.

We know that besides his loans, Alex is the one who supports his family. His father left, his mother is apprently a psychiatric case who needs medication (not sure she can work?) he pays for, he probably also pays his brother's committment in a mental institution, and his sister's education. Back before the accident, Hopkins was a very good opportunity for him.

So Arizona throwing at him the "I was on the plane instead of you" argument once again (after her speech to him that he should have lost his leg and not her because she is a better person than him) really bugs.

Deanie87

Deanie87

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:40 AM

Total word, Coxfire!  And thanks for bringing that over WindSprints.

He can't have had her go on the plane

Um, WHAT?!?  Does anyone, anyone involved with this show actually watch it or pay any attention at all to character storylines?  AZ kicked Alex off of the plane and then called him a horrible person and never apologized for it, this of course after sabotaging his efforts to find jobs elsewhere.  So he gives up Hopkins and apparently his sweet deal that SGH was supposed to match (which the writers probably forgot about), because AZ and Meredith guilted him into it.  Now he is saddled with student loans that won't get payed off, made to sign a Love Contract so that he can do what every other single person on the Board and in the hospital has done since the beginning of time, and it looks like he will soon again be on the receiving end of more AZ meddling and back-stabbery. 

Of course, I want Alex to stay on the show, but I wish he would take a better offer than working for the assholes at that deathtrap masquerading as a hospital.  If he gives up this opportunity for anything other than selfish reasons I will be pissed.

Edited by Deanie87, Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:46 AM.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:25 AM

So he gives up Hopkins and apparently his sweet deal that SGH was supposed to match (which the writers probably forgot about),

I saw someone mentioned elsewhere that once Alex had picked Hopkins, SGMW's offer was off the table and that money went elsewhere. But then the crash happened and Alex stayed and he probably got the original offer that was presented to him. It sucks, but it happens....

Be that as it may, it would be great to see Arizona react a little less selfishly and show that she has grown from her year and a half of being "all about her". To practice what she preached in her speech to Callie in 10x15. She should be supporting Alex, whatever he decides to choose.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 10:34 AM

Does anyone, anyone involved with this show actually watch it or pay any attention at all to character storylines? AZ kicked Alex off of the plane and then called him a horrible person and never apologized for it, this of course after sabotaging his efforts to find jobs elsewhere. So he gives up Hopkins and apparently his sweet deal that SGH was supposed to match (which the writers probably forgot about), because AZ and Meredith guilted him into it. Now he is saddled with student loans that won't get payed off, made to sign a Love Contract so that he can do what every other single person on the Board and in the hospital has done since the beginning of time, and it looks like he will soon again be on the receiving end of more AZ meddling and back-stabbery.

THIS. Its her own fault she was on the plane and her trying to guilt Alex is completely wrong. If that's the way it plays out then she proves once again that she is selfish.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:09 AM

She also got millions of dollars for being on the plane, Alex got nothing and he wouldn't be in debt if he had that pay out the rest of them got.

Deanie87

Deanie87

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:41 AM

I saw someone mentioned elsewhere that once Alex had picked Hopkins, SGMW's offer was off the table and that money went elsewhere. But then the crash happened and Alex stayed and he probably got the original offer that was presented to him. It sucks, but it happens....

And I would be okay with that if I thought that Alex stayed because SGH was truly the better option for him, or even if anyone ever acknowledged that he gave up a LOT for the good of the hospital. But he really did want to go Hopkins, at least for awhile, and he stayed out of guilt and pressure, so it sucks that he keeps getting the short end of the stick because of it. In the end, he made his choice for whatver reason, but this all just gets so tiresome.

choclatechip45

choclatechip45

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

Does Arizona know about Alex's loans and financial situation? I agree its Arizona's fault she was on that plane, but I never understood why Alex could not have just told her.  If Alex had explained it to her I think she would of understood. If Arizona, finds out from someone else Alex is considering this private practice offer I would not blame her for being pissed. She helped develop Alex into the great PEDs surgeon he is today and I think its kind of a slap in the face to their work relationship if he does not tell her.  She understood why Bailey could not accept the fellowship once Bailey told her why. Also, I thought it was pretty disrespectful of Alex to pretty demand Arizona to tell him how much she made in the middle of the ER.

coxfire

coxfire

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:07 PM

Even if she didn't know, that still doesn't justify her blaming him for not being on the plane
Alex financial situation wouldn't change much things, she still would have thrown him out of the plane to get back at him leaving

I guess I just would like to see her acknowledge that he wasn't at fault here, after this past season, I expected her to finally recognize her own responsibilities

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 4:04 PM

Alex didn't want to go to Hopkins JUST because of his financial situation. He wanted to go because it's one of, if not THE, top hospital in the country. Arizona has every right to be upset that her protege wants/wanted to fly off on his own, because she cares about him, but at the same time she shouldn't hold on to him for her own selfish reasons. She wouldn't expect to be treated that way by her past mentors, so she shouldn't do the same to Alex.

Arizona's issue of "letting go" of people/her type-A personally are hers to deal with. And Alex shouldn't have to keep making allowances for other people's lives while he gets held back from what could be amazing opportunities. It was a blessing that Arizona kicked him off that flight, in the sense that he wasn't seriously injured or lost his life. But he doesn't owe Arizona any favors because he stayed because he felt guilty. I like Arizona, I think she's great, but if anyone needs to feel "sorry" or "apologize", it should be her.

Dear lord, even in her marriage her wife is all pomp and circumstance and Arizona is la dee da.

stinkles

stinkles

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 7:35 AM

Good for Tessa for getting to work with and for Oscar winners. But if she left GA to do that show, then I can only imagine how Shonda will take her anger out on Leah, lol.

PrincessTT

PrincessTT

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2014 @ 11:54 AM

But if she left GA to do that show,

From the wording of various articles I got the impression that Tessa and Gaius weren't asked to come back next season, rather than that they chose to leave.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 2:44 PM

And I would be okay with that if I thought that Alex stayed because SGH was truly the better option for him, or even if anyone ever acknowledged that he gave up a LOT for the good of the hospital. But he really did want to go Hopkins, at least for awhile, and he stayed out of guilt and pressure, so it sucks that he keeps getting the short end of the stick because of it. In the end, he made his choice for whatver reason, but this all just gets so tiresome.

Agree 100% but I'd be shocked if Alex's contributions are acknowledged. All that is ever done is to point out any error, with all the good disregarded.

I got the impression that Tessa and Gaius weren't asked to come back next season, rather than that they chose to leave.

I got the same impression. I feel bad for an actor when they lose their job. Hopefully they will move onto better things.

Edited by zenyatta, Apr 13, 2014 @ 2:45 PM.

choclatechip45

choclatechip45

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 5:12 PM

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Alex regarding Hopkins. He chose to stay. He rejected the offer from Seattle. Yes he might have stayed because he felt guilty, but ultimately it was his choice to stay. Just like ultimately it was Arizona's choice to go on the plane. It's just like why I had no sympathy for Arizona when she had to deal with Dr. Stark.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 3:29 PM

The Interns made it on TVG's THE MOST LOATHED TV CHARACTERS list.

Gusto

Gusto

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:23 AM

The Interns made it on TVG's THE MOST LOATHED TV CHARACTERS list.

lol Serves them right!

Who knows, maybe Shonda and Co. will finally learn they lesson and stop adding useless characters, which btw nobody likes. I say Concentrate more on fan favorites, can't hurt.

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2014 @ 6:59 PM

I hear ya. I fairness, though, she was trying to be prepared in case they lost originals. There's some value in establishing the new characters BEFORE the old ones leave. It usually makes it easier on the audience to accept these transitions.