Glark

Glark

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 9:49 PM

Media-y!

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:20 PM

When does the TV Guide with Ellen and Patrick hit the stores?

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:34 PM

Friday....but some supermarkets and bookstores here in Atlanta put it out on Thursdays.

aliana

aliana

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:31 AM

Some nice words from Matt Roush at tvguide.com. (scroll down to October 31, 2005)

Edited by aliana, Nov 12, 2005 @ 5:51 PM.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 12:50 AM

Thanks so much for adding Grey's Anatomy!

From Seattle ABC affiliate news:

I don't know if this had been mentioned previously, but the cast had been in Seattle about three weeks ago to film on-site segments to be used in future episodes -- some classic Seattle sites were used, including ferries -- which native Peter Horton correctly called "ferries," not "ferry-boats," so at least someone on that show knows the correct term. Patrick Dempsey likes chocolate, and informally named a local chocolatier's product as "the official chocolate of Grey's Anatomy"! Segments with the cast were run on the local news for a few evenings.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 1:11 AM

Patrick Dempsey likes chocolate, and informally named a local chocolatier's product as "the official chocolate of Grey's Anatomy"

O damm you ComaGirl for shagging off to Spain and not being here to read this. Look ? He's making our job sooo much easier by actually going out there and finding the choccy to coat him in. Is he a team player or what ?

but the cast had been in Seattle about three weeks ago to film on-site segments to be used in future episodes

Yup, those eps actually start airing next Sunday with 2.07 " Something to Talk about "...eps 2.08 ( Nov 13) and 2.09 (Nov 20 ) are also filmed in Seattle.

On the media TV Guide thing, the entertainment magazine shows The Insider and ET are owned by the same peeps who own TV Guide and they very often have TV Guide cover story tie-ins on their shows. So check your local listings of those 2 shows all week, in case they show a GA TV Guide story, its highly likely.

Coma Girl

Coma Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:34 AM

Patrick Dempsey likes chocolate, and informally named a local chocolatier's product as "the official chocolate of Grey's Anatomy"

O damm you ComaGirl for shagging off to Spain and not being here to read this. Look ? He's making our job sooo much easier by actually going out there and finding the choccy to coat him in. Is he a team player or what ?

You got me for a few more hours before I hop on that big Lufthansa jet. My question is, dark chocolate (with a creamy filling) or milk chocolate? Given the last few episodes, it's probably bittersweet chocolate.

Bruin4Ever

Bruin4Ever

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:42 AM

Does it matter? It's chocolate!

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 6:44 PM

over at the ABC site in their video section there's a video interview with Alex & George.[JC & TRK]
Just go to ABC.com , find the video link and look for their GA section.
:)

abc

ok I hope the link works

ETA: forgot to give thanks to the Dr._Grey's site for this news

Edited by gl_shark, Nov 3, 2005 @ 7:14 PM.

salsashark

salsashark

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 4, 2005 @ 1:15 AM

American Society of Transplantation Says 'Grey's Anatomy's' Portrayal of Transplantation Issues Harmful to the Public

In "Enough is Enough," a purportedly brain-dead female is transferred to Seattle Grace Hospital, the dramatic center of "Grey's Anatomy." An examination reveals that she is not brain-dead but had suffered a severe brain injury. Ignoring the diagnosis, the "expert" organ recovery team prepares to remove her organs. A clear-thinking neurosurgeon intervenes to save the patient. "For the producers to suggest that a surgical team would not exercise due diligence before removing an organ is highly inaccurate, undermines public confidence in the medical profession, and raises unsubstantiated concerns about organ donation," stresses Richard N. Fine, M.D., AST president.

"As a service to the public, AST strongly urges 'Grey's Anatomy's' producers to revisit the issue and provide accurate information about organ recovery and donation," states Fine. "AST requests the media's support in ensuring that factual information about organ donation is never sacrificed in the interest of improving ratings," Fine added.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 3:54 PM

There's an article in the latest US Weekly about Kate Walsh and the "stir" she's creating between Meredith and Derek. She says of Patrick, "He's on fire! America loves him." It also shows a picture of them together which IMO is from the upcoming scene on the ferry boat but I can't say that 100%. Walsh warns that just because McDreamy chose her, it's not the end of the love triangle. She says happy viewers have stopped her on the street to tell her that they wanted Derek to pick her.

umme

umme

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 2:37 PM

Ellen Pompeo slated to be on Good Morning America (ABC) on 11/11.

mrhooks

mrhooks

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 3:50 PM

"As a service to the public, AST strongly urges 'Grey's Anatomy's' producers to revisit the issue and provide accurate information about organ recovery and donation," states Fine. "AST requests the media's support in ensuring that factual information about organ donation is never sacrificed in the interest of improving ratings," Fine added.

Maybe they should be urging viewers not to try to glean factual information from a fictional TV show instead.

geekchic9

geekchic9

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

Maybe they should be urging viewers not to try to glean factual information from a fictional TV show instead.

MEGA WORD

spark21

spark21

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 1:16 PM

Hi guys! I'm not sure if this really counts as "media" since it's from a college newspaper but here you go:

'Grey's Anatomy' hit for Rhimes '91

A quote from the article:

Rhimes, who majored in English before attending the University of Southern California School of Cinema-Television, did not anticipate the show's popularity.

"I did not expect the show to be as big of a hit as it is," Rhimes said in an interview with The Dartmouth. "I just wanted to make a show that I'd really want to watch."

Imaginary Foe

Imaginary Foe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 9:31 AM

An article from CNN.com

umme

umme

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 10:46 AM

So did anyone else catch Ellen Pompeo on Good Morning America the other morning? She actually commented on her "pick me love me" speech and said that it was hard to do because in real life she would NEVER say that. When asked if she was going to get back with McDreamy, she said that she really didn't know and that as of the episode they were taping that day (11?) they were not yet together. As for how to get over not being picked by McDreamy, she said, "You find someone else! There's lots of fish in the sea" or something along those lines. It was a pretty short segment. The day before the interview was her birthday and so they brought out a cart of chocolate cake and chocolate cupcakes because she apparently loves that stuff.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 11:07 AM

The day before the interview was her birthday and so they brought out a cart of chocolate cake and chocolate cupcakes because she apparently loves that stuff.

She does? You wouldn't know it. Maybe she just likes looking at it.

flux

flux

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 11:12 AM

I saw the GMA interview too. When EP said they're filming episode 11 and her and McD are still not together, I thought she kinda shifted her eyes (as in she's lying or hiding something). But she's probably speaking truth and she was nervous. Watch the interview here. You have to go to the Video section on the right hand side under the headings Ellen Pompeo's "Anatomy".

BostonsKrissy

BostonsKrissy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2005 @ 10:25 PM

There's a preview clip up on TV Guide for tomorrows episode.

There's also a poll for hottest doctor in which two of our very own Hotty McDocs are up for nomination right here. Last time I checked McDreamy was in the lead with 47%.

Edited by BostonsKrissy, Nov 13, 2005 @ 12:46 PM.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 2:36 AM

There are awesome GA cast interviews and very cool behind the scenes snippets available at www.tv.com

When you get there, go to "fav shows". GA will not be listed, but go to "Other fav shows" and then click on GA and you will get right there. Click on "videos" and you are off and running. The clips are a bit spoilery, but the behind the scenes snippets showing Meh and McD left me even more confused about the future of their relationship, than I was before I watched all their segments, so go figure.

Thought EP looked amazing on GMA. Pretty weird considering most peeps here have her condemmed to the depts of anorexic hell, huh ?

Edited by Beffers, Nov 13, 2005 @ 2:41 AM.

smoothcriminal

smoothcriminal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 4:48 AM

Hey Beffers, I looked at the website and I didnt see anything that had scenes with Meh and Mcdreamy just all the other people. Did you watch the clips from the new episode or something else?

jandj

jandj

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 3:40 PM

the behind the scenes snippets showing Meh and McD left me even more confused about the future of their relationship, than I was before I watched all their segments, so go figure.

I agree. Very weird.

Also, I loved how one of the crew guys came over and carefully ran his fingers through McD's hair to smooth/fix it before they started shooting. HA!

Edited by jandj, Nov 13, 2005 @ 3:40 PM.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 8:28 PM

Hey Beffers, I looked at the website and I didnt see anything that had scenes with Meh and Mcdreamy just all the other people. Did you watch the clips from the new episode or something else?

The Behind the Scenes snippet is longer than all the others and it took a lot longer to load on my piece of crap computer than all the others did. Then when it did, I got sound ONLY for the first 30 seconds or so and then the picture kicked in. The Meh/McD scenes (where they are talking in hospital corridor alone ) are in those first 30 seconds. What I had to do was download the stupid thing and play it 3 times. By the 3rd time I was getting video and audio. So maybe thats what you have to do too.

Also, I loved how one of the crew guys came over and carefully ran his fingers through McD's hair to smooth/fix it before they started shooting. HA!

Hee Hee. Word !! I also loved him doing the phony French accent over the wine/sparkling water too, that was cute. Thought him passing Justin Chambers his glass and JC actually drinking out of it was weird...Ewww !! Cooties much ?

noscare

noscare

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 8:53 PM

There's a preview clip up on TV Guide for tomorrows episode.

The Alex/Izzy (Izzex?...) scene is cute. I am so looking forward to tonight's episode.

bsg27

bsg27

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2005 @ 10:01 PM

The clips are a bit spoilery, but the behind the scenes snippets showing Meh and McD left me even more confused about the future of their relationship, than I was before I watched all their segments, so go figure.

Um. Yes... I liked the behind the scenes segment the best. Though I couldn't hear half of what they were saying, I'm hopeful.

If you can't view them, you may want to update your windows media player.

smoothcriminal

smoothcriminal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2005 @ 3:21 AM

I finally figured it out. Yeah WTF? I'm very confused.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 15, 2005 @ 3:35 AM

I finally figured it out. Yeah WTF? I'm very confused.

Yeah, me too. Ok, its good that they are back to talking to each other again and that there is an "us" for them to discuss being "in limbo". But is their " us " being in limbo a good thing or a bad thing ? Damm show is giving me an effing ulcer. LOL

smoothcriminal

smoothcriminal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2005 @ 3:57 AM

Are we allowed to talk about there here? Hee!! I have sneaking suspicions that stuff was shot after he and Addison call is quits and he is trying to pull a Kelly Taylor and do that whole "I chose me" crappola, but still acts completely weird around Meredith.

Beffers

Beffers

Posted Nov 15, 2005 @ 4:11 AM

Are we allowed to talk about there here?

Oops, sorry. You are right. Lets scoot this on over to the They love Ferryboats thread.