Dr. Alex Karev: Frat Boy Bitch

• Please log in to reply

1614 replies to this topic

ottergreen

ottergreen

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 9:39 PM

Everyone loves an emotionally disturbed bad boy. Especially when he's got his mojo.

rekkidbraka

rekkidbraka

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:00 PM

Iowa style!

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:07 PM

I have to post my love for EvilSpawn in his thread. So, consider it posted.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:34 PM

I'm starting to like Alex this season. He's a little easier to sympathize with.

noscare

noscare

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 11:13 PM

I have loved Alex since the start. He's just too pretty and cocky not to love.
I think one of the greatest moments was when he was dealing with the young son from the car accident whose father needed a transplant... He opened up a lot about his family, and it's always good to find out a little bit more about the origin of a character's... well, character.
Oh, Evil Spawn, how I love thee.

Edited by noscare, Nov 1, 2005 @ 11:14 PM.

markedel

markedel

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 11:49 PM

I dislike the tendency of this show to make characters like Alex multidimentional and complex rather than make them as simple as their nicknames. It makes threads balloon so quickly.

But I wish him well. You can tell that despite his mastery over the Power of Evil he has a certain Heart of Gold to him. I'd be good for Izzy anyways.

ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 2:22 PM

He's just too pretty and cocky not to love.

Word to that!
I think Justin Chambers had done a decent job portraying Alex, and making him a multi-dimensional character.

I especially liked the scene in the elevator from a few weeks ago. He conveyed a whole lot of emotion in just his facial features.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:32 PM

From the way Alex acts, it's so hard for me to think of Justin Chambers as this guy who has 5 kids. I guess that just goes to show how amazing of an actor he really is.

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:39 PM

Justin Chambers as this guy who has 5 kids.

WOW, the guy looks about 17! And his character acts like it too. Kudos to JC, because I can't imagine a father of 5 being an asshole, although I'm sure it's possible.

Edited by simpatico, Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:40 PM.

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:44 PM

Yeah, I was shocked when I found out he was married with five kids. Kind of like when I found out that Logan from VM is actually a married Scientologist. Total WTFcakes moment.

ANYWAY! I love Alex to death, and not just because he's pretty. I've always been a sucker for the assholes with the heart of gold (again, see Logan on VM), and he does it so well. His cockiness with those big old flashes of vulnerability just slay me.

VeronicaNC

VeronicaNC

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:07 PM

Yeah, I was shocked when I found out he was married with five kids. Kind of like when I found out that Logan from VM is actually a married Scientologist. Total WTFcakes moment.

No wonder I can't stand Logan. I must have a clamdar or something because I could never figure out whether it was the character or the actor. Now I know. I freely admit to being biased against the clam$.

I love Alex. He is such an ass, which is why I love him.

eta: There is mention in the TV Guide article about his 5 children.

Edited by VeronicaNC, Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:36 PM.

Tahitian Moon

Tahitian Moon

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:34 PM

The hotness has 5 kids, very hard to believe. I did a search but couldn't find any pics of his family. Does anyone have a link?

eta. Thanks, I'll have to pick up that issue.

Edited by Tahitian Moon, Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:37 PM.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 6:39 PM

I just found that out on imdb. They're always fairly accurate in the biographical info about the actors. I agree with the being shocked over Logan and was also shocked to find out Sarah Drew (Hannah on Everwood) has been married for 2 years.

malorykeaton

malorykeaton

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 8:38 PM

I LOVE Justin Chambers and his character on GA! But I can't get use to the name Alex for him. Since I saw him in The Wedding Planner (and my crush first started)he has always been Massimo to me. Whether it's GA or Hysterical Blindness etc he is still Massimo! And when I am recapping to somebody I can't help but say ' this week Massimo did blah blah blah'...
Massimo Massimo Massimo! That and evil Spawn too! :) He is just TOO CUTE!

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

I had completely forgotten he was Massimo. Honestly, once the pretty Matthew came on screen in that movie, I didn't see anyone else.

WesternSkies

WesternSkies

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:34 PM

I have to say, I was just rewatching the S1 finale, and he was pretty hysterical with George and the whole syph thing. Checking out his rash and then agreeing to give him the penicillin shot...it was amusing.

I didn't realize JC was Massimo until I read it on imdb. He was toally funny in that.

whatsup

whatsup

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:03 AM

I'm starting to really like Alex this season. I'm still kind of annoyed that he won't just admit that he likes Izzy though. I also thought it was obnoxious that he took credit for finding the leg when it was actually just handed to him. Overall, however, I like him much better than last season.

simpatico

simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:09 AM

I also thought it was obnoxious that he took credit for finding the leg when it was actually just handed to him.

I love bastard!Alex but not when he's that kind of bastard. I would have liked it better if he'd laughed in Cristina's face afterwards that someone just gave it to him. He's only a good bastard when he knows he's being one and doesn't care. The fact that he passed it off and didn't tell anybody made me dislike him a bit.

Edited by simpatico, Nov 3, 2005 @ 12:10 AM.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 11:59 AM

I wasn't wild about the leg thing, but I think they're writing Alex a lot better this season. I still don't want him with Izzie, but oh well. And WesternSkies, I have never laughed so hard at Alex as I did during the whole syph debacle.

sassypants318

sassypants318

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 4:01 PM

I, too, love the Spawn of Evil.

I especially enjoyed his scene in season one when he thought George was gay and was completely okay with it ("I'm down with the rainbow").

I thought his character would be a homophobic frat boy, so it was great to see a glimpse of his multi-dimensionality early on.

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 4:08 PM

I'm adding to the Alex love. In the beginning he was kind of asshole-y with the calling Meredith a nurse and all but he's grown on me. I'm an Izzie/Alex shipper.

Wow. I did not see EITHER of those coming. Either way, love them both. I can't resist a good asshole. I'd like to see them fight. Alex won't have a friendship bracelet for long! (sorry that was off topic)

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 5:16 PM

Definitely not an AlexIzzie shipper, but I kinda like Alex. He's starting to grow on me, but he needs to get away from Izzie before he ruins her.

Taiichi

Taiichi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 7:26 PM

I'll wait and see how far AlexZie goes.

So from whom, exactly, did Alex contract syphilis? Was this never clarified?

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 7:33 PM

I don't think it ever was. We just know that George got it from Olivia. It's presumed Olivia got it from Alex..but he could have gotten it from her.

TashioPistachio

TashioPistachio

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 7:41 PM

I am actually fine with the whole Alex/Izzie thing. But I definately would want to switch places with her! *swoon* Anyways, he may be a bastard, but he is a lovable one, because he does not deny it, or act like his is not one.

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 7:44 PM

And we're starting to see that the asshole is kind of an act. He's a marshmellow inside, I know he is!

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 9:00 PM

I couldn't really put this in the quotes thread because it's not what Alex said that was funny, but it was how he looked when he said it:
My favorite Alex moment was when he stuffed the cream donut in his mouth and continued to talk to other interns.
"Weren't we talking about sex anyway?" Gross but funny.

nadiafox

nadiafox

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 9:55 PM

I didn't mind the part where he took credit for the leg. He had to get his mojo back, and it seemed like something Xtina might have done as well. It's not awful, but they're there to learn as much as possible and we've already seen how they'd argue over the "coolest" surgeries. A severed leg would likely rank pretty high up there. It would have been better if he'd explained that he was the first doctor the paramedic had seen. It'll probably come back up soon.

I like seeing new parts to the character, but I'm looking forward to the moment where he finally tells someone *cough*Izzie*cough* why he was so extra prickly.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 11:13 PM

The more I think about it, the more I realize I kind of like Alex. I didn't want to, but I do. That means there is not a single character on this show I don't like.

sarah1225

sarah1225

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 11:33 PM

That means there is not a single character on this show I don't like

Kind of annoying eh? But yeah, me too. Except Addison. Who I don't consider to be a character, I consider a..temporary annoyance.