Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

44219 replies to this topic

HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

Has anyone considered that the shocking part of the death might be that there are more than one deaths among the main cast members? What if Richard does die? A lot of the audience will be like "Well, I saw that coming. Now I can relax because [insert your favorite character(s)here] didn't die". Then moments later, BAM [insert main character here] dies. That to me would be very shocking. What if there are a grand total of 2 or 3 of the main cast that dies and not just one?

Edited by HappyGoLucky, May 8, 2012 @ 12:38 PM.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Doesn't JC have tats that make up cover up?

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

Doesn't JC have tats that make up cover up?

He does.

I wonder if they put a bunch of different people in body bags to throw off whatever extras there were on the set (even though Shonda says there were none).

Greys82

Greys82

Just Tuned In

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

http://www.gramfeed....#patrickdempsey

have peoiple seen this picie? from big bear lake?

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

With the news of the originals finalizing their deals for 2 more seasons, my guess for who dies is back to Lexie or Callie.

Jenrin

Jenrin

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

With the news of the originals finalizing their deals for 2 more seasons, my guess for who dies is back to Lexie or Callie.

Yeah - if Ausiello hadn't eliminated Mark, he'd be real high on my list. I'm leaning towards Lexie since Ausiello gave the clue as the person dying wasn't Mark or Jackson and Lexie is who they have in common. Of the ones remaining, Mark/Owen would be my preference. Wow, this is scary how close my favorites, Callie/Arizona are to the death. Then again, Kim Raver dropped off twitter right after joining, so she could be a wild-card.

Yellow42758

Yellow42758

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

Lexie's death would affect Meredith and the residents more than Callie's. My distaste for the character aside, it would be more shocking to me that they would kill actually kill another Grey.

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

Death pool is now: Lexie, April, Callie, Arizona, Teddy, Owen

Shonda was so dramatic about how she felt about killing them off and what fans would think, and she'd only feel that way about Lexie, Callie, Arizona, or Owen.

I highly doubt it's Owen. One of the other three might want out of the show, actually.

-JCap has kids, with another one on the way, right?
-Chyler Leigh has 3 kids, and two of them are disabled.
-SaRa might want to leave to go back to Broadway. She also got married not too long ago, so she might want to leave to spend more time with her husband and start a family too.

It's down to those three, really.

Jenrin

Jenrin

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Lexie's death would affect Meredith and the residents more than Callie's. My distaste for the character aside, it would be more shocking to me that they would kill actually kill another Grey.

I thought Meredith throwing her sister into the mix for reasons to stay was weird. Others commented on her line to Mark that she was infected by him as possibly being a harbinger. It's barely over a week away. Fun times

Freckles101

Freckles101

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

I really doubt Shonda is going to kill off Callie and Arizona, because either of them dying would create a gigantic outrage, and not just from fans of the show. Unless the announcement is just straight up lying about who's coming back (which is possible, but IDK), I guess my top choices are now Owen or Lexie? But even though Lexie dying would surely affect more people than Owen, as the other Grey, I just can't see Shonda killing her (although considering Ellen is going to be back for two seasons I guess it's possible). Meanwhile killing Owen would give Cristina a huge storyline for next season and leave the Chief spot open again (maybe for Debbie Allen's character to take over?), so I think it's definitely a possibility.

lovetovolunteer

lovetovolunteer

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

Well since EP,SO,PD, CW and JP have all resigned for TWO more years it can't be any of them. So I doubt it will be anyone major. I told you it will be someone like Adele. I know Shonda said it was a MAIN cast member however I don't see how now that most of the main cast have resigned.

Jenrin

Jenrin

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Meanwhile killing Owen would give Cristina a huge storyline for next season and leave the Chief spot open again (maybe for Debbie Allen's character to take over?), so I think it's definitely a possibility.

I support it being Owen, but my sense is he's at the hospital and not part of the drama.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

I think that with my top 4 picks eliminated, with who is left, i'd have to lean towards Lexie dying. This would make sense of the "bittersweet" storyline for her and Mark. I would also agree that it would take bigger balls than SR has to risk pissing off the gay community again by killing Callie or Arizona. From F-Gate to the mis-management of the Callie/Erica Hahn relationship, it wouldn't be a good idea to go to the dead lesbian trope. But, then again, who knows?

I can't see her killing off Owen: I'm sure she has another year at least of him and Christina fighting and succumbing to desperate passion, and fighting, anddddd yawn...

Teddy and April aren't major characters, and sadly, the fans would barely notice their absences anymore than pixie girl or Percy.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Well, since my two picks were just eliminated...lost a bet.

Teddy and April aren't major characters, and sadly, the fans would barely notice their absences anymore than pixie girl or Percy.

But since Shonda loves everyone and says they are beloved, I would put past her to kill any of these two and try to pass it off as sad. As horrible as this is going to sound, I really hope it's one of them. Make Teddy go to Henry and have Denny marry them in heaven or something.

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Jesse Williams said it was heart-wrenching and earlier in the thread people were talking about who he's worked with enough to warrant that comment. I think it is Lexie, which really sucks. Why not April instead?

PortlandGirl

PortlandGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

I've been leaning toward Lexie too, but I'm confused as to why Shonda would go to such lengths to talk about a Mark/Lexie reunion only to kill her in the finale. That is cold. But, I think she is a character that is quite expendable IMO.

Since they got the originals to resign, I wonder if they got big salary increases. I would think they might need to downsize the cast to keep up with salaries. I hope.

My new death list:

Lexie
Callie or Arizona
Owen

I also think Teddy is leaving.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 3:43 AM

My new death list:

Lexie
Callie or Arizona
Owen

I also think Teddy is leaving.

Agree with this but alsl wondering if the contrsct igning might be a smoke screen for another person leaving. I wonder if PD got his reduced screentime?

Looks like Cris will turn down other amazing hospitals to get caveman boned by Owen. Or she stays to support Meredith and Derek over Lexie's death.

My death list

Teddy
Lexie
Richard (smoke screen)
Mark (smoke screen)

Edited by Have At It, May 10, 2012 @ 3:45 AM.

SGHvisitor

SGHvisitor

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 4:21 AM

Well, since the main characters are safe now, I think maybe the horrible thing about the death is not WHO dies but HOW it happens. Maybe it's a suicide? For me that would be pretty huge, if they actually showed us a character commiting suicide, regardless of who it is. Since I wouldn't miss April and she is having a though time right now, I hope it's her. Would still be a shocking moment but one I could live with.

Wasn't there also a spoiler that people might not know about the death at the end of the finale? Would fit with the suicide theory, as the person would be alone then.

Anyway, I hope there's a way to make Teddy and April leave. Didn't ABC have Brooke Smith fired, because fans didn't like her? They must know that Teddy and April don't have a huge fanbase too, don't they?

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

I was so convinced it was Richard, LOL. I guess Lexie is my next guess. I like her and all but its almost like the George situation - she's hasn't had a story and has barely had screen time so she's half gone already. If its her I think the death will be sad but, again like George, there won't be any lasting impact. Derek interacts with her more than anyone and IMO (going by what has been on screen) she's more like a sister to him than to Meredith. I see her death affecting he and Mark the most.

Who knows. At this point it could end up being Boki.

kurtz

kurtz

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

No! Not Nurse Boki!

I was also convinced originally that it was Richard that would meet his maker. Now, on the strength of Jessie Williams' interviews, as well as Shonda's statements on Mexie, I am betting on Lexie as the "beloved character" to go.

My pool:

Lexie
Adele
April
Owen
Ben

I also am of the opinion that Teddy is leaving, hopefully with Dr. Perkins to Germany.

whainott

whainott

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:53 AM

I look forward to the finale even more now that we know that all the originals are safe, because GA has been in need for some cast trimming for a long time now.

It won't be Owen because KMK confirmed on twitter that he's not leaving.

Teddy would make most sense because she has had little screen time since Henry died, and it seems like they don't know what to do with her. Unless they make her the new chief.

For whatever reason, SR loves April and has pushed out Lexie and CL since SD joined the show. Unlike Lexie, April has become such an unbearable character and depending who's had a say in this, I can see either of them going. I'm really not interested in watching April for another year.

RysenSun

RysenSun

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:55 AM

How about killing off Izzie off screen. Would be nice revenge for Shonda. KH stating she wants to return and then Izzie dies of cancer.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

How about killing off Izzie off screen.

Didn't Jesse Williams say the death was personal to him, someone he worked with? If so (and he's telling the truth) I can't see it being Izzie.

IMO, the time has passed to kill off Izzie and have a big emotional impact. Its been seasons and all the characters have moved on.

Edited by WindSprints, May 10, 2012 @ 9:09 AM.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

April will stay as Shonda is loving the Jackson/April thing going on. I think they are going to become a main couple next season.

PortlandGirl

PortlandGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:14 AM

I look forward to the finale even more now that we know that all the originals are safe, because GA has been in need for some cast trimming for a long time now.

That is how I'm feeling. I was dreading this finale, but now that the originals are okay, I'm not filled with dread. Although it sounds like it will still be a dark and grim finale. I actually hope the death is Lexie. As I've said before, with April, her character is redundant. I would not like to see Arizona or Callie die. For one, the next season will be filled with the endless grief about it and I think that would get tedious.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

Didn't Jesse Williams say the death was personal to him, someone he worked with? If so (and he's telling the truth) I can't see it being Izzie.

He also said the person that was dying off was in contact Negotiations So i doubt he was telling the truth

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

I am going to be willfully ignorant and pretend that Richard is still dying. He makes the most sense to me, and with this news coming out - it would definitely be unexpected!

If it isn't him... I hope it isn't Lexie. I like the actress a lot. I'd want it to be Owen.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Mer giving Lexie as a reason to stay in the sneek peak gave off a red flag to me. Also her bonding of late with Derek. Shonda trying to create more of connection before killing her off in the finale would be typical Shonda.

This episode we have Mark telling Derek he still loves her. Mark stepping up and turning out to be one of the best teachers of the attendings. Doing a decent job as Chief for the day and his bond with Jackson all late in the game build up makes me think Mark and Lexie are in the death pool

I think Jesse has worked the most with CL and ED.

When was Eric Danes contract due to be up?

I'd want it to be Owen

Doubt it. Why would he get a special section on the s8 DVD if he's dead?

Edited by Have At It, May 10, 2012 @ 9:30 AM.

cam3150

cam3150

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

De-lurking to throw in my two cents:

I've thought it was Owen all along. Beyond the mains (which have now been eliminated), I could not think of anyone else who would warrant this "wailing and gnashing of teeth" reaction Shonda is both having and expecting from the audience. She has made her love for KMK well know over the years and he is an audience favorite. Plus, the Christina storyline for next year would be set if Owen died either before or right after they reconciled. Throw in another pregnancy and you'd really have something. Christina now having to decide whether to keep her dead husband's baby despite her issues?? That would be an interesting storyline to watch Sandra Oh take on and Shonda could wring every last drop of drama out of it.

But, if KMK really did say that he was staying (that's the first I've heard of this), then that would rule him out.

The only other person I can think of that would have near them same seismic reaction would be Lexie. To kill a Grey from Grey's Anatomy (not THE Grey but A Grey)? That would be shocking, in Shonda's mind anyway. I can also see her having this really emotional reaction to it that she's mentioned and I can see the cast being upset as it would really impact most everyone in one way or another. Of all the people in the main cast left, hers would be the most sad and shocking. To me, Adele's death would be the least shocking.

I've seen the name thrown around a bit but, has anyone considered that it could be Zola? I would hate that and Shonda might have riots in the street outside her house if she killed off Derek and Meredith's baby….but, you rarely (ever??) see a storyline on TV where the main couple loses a child. It would give EP and PD something more to do next year (especially PD who, as much as I hate it, has become little more than a guest star) and it's the saddest death I could think of. I don't actually think it is Zola but I wouldn't put it past Shonda to do this now that Der and Mer are happy with their baby and their new house. Though the last thing I want is to watch Meredith and Derek in grief for their remaining 2 years on this show.

Now that I know the main people are safe (unless the release of the new contract info is just to throw everyone off??), I can watch the finale in peace. I just didn't want it to be PD. He is the reason I started watching this show and, despite his lack of screen time , he is still my favorite character. Also, I don't believe for one minute that Shonda really had no idea who was coming back. You mean to tell me that she didn't take EP and PD off to a corner to discuss and get a feel for where they were at???

To me, they will never ever top the Season 6 finale with the gunman. I was an exhausted, emotional, trembling mess after watching those 2 hours. Possibly the best season finale of any show, ever (aside from the Lost S3 finale with Charlie's death and the first flash forward).

Hucks

Hucks

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

I'm glad the actors have reached an agreement and got what they want, I hope this means some of the excess is trimmed. I'm not sure how I feel about being tied to this show for another 2 seasons, however.

At this point I think it would be pretty lame if they killed off Izzie, everyone has moved on, she hasn't been mentioned in ages. I'm pretty sure if that was going to happen, she would have come up in conversation at some point.

My death pool is:

Mark
Lexie
Callie
Arizona

I know that Ausiello has said that Mark is safe, but I'm just not buying it for some reason. Teddy will leave quietly, and Owen isn't going anywhere IMO. Also, I think April and Avery are safe, for whatever reason, they are part of the 5 now.

I guess Cristina will take Owen back *eyeroll* and the couple in jeopardy pendulum will swing back to Mer/Der for a while *sigh*