Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

44219 replies to this topic

bijoux83

bijoux83

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

Thanks God Justin and Sandra are staying! It's so good to finally hear their characters are safe. Phew.

I'm relieved they're off death watch as well but I'm not sure that necessarily translated to both of them staying. One or both of them could still leave after this season.

boa1962

boa1962

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

Thanks God Justin and Sandra are staying! It's so good to finally hear their characters are safe. Phew.

Yes those characters won't die but it doesn't mean they won't leave the Seattle Grace.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

LOL, Shonda says not to believe Ausiello:

shonda rhimes‏ @shondarhimes
@lauraohal18 I would not believe Ausiello.

The spoilers are as much a soap opera as the show itself.

Edited by WindSprints, May 2, 2012 @ 10:00 AM.

Sara Sunshine

Sara Sunshine

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

LOL, Shonda says not to believe Ausiello

I would believe Ausiello before Shonda any day (-if I have to believe someone I've never met that's telling me gossip about fictional characters-) but I also wouldn't put it past Shonda to kill off someone just because he said they were safe. What the hell did Ausiello do to Shonda? I've been reading his columns/website for years, he's usually pretty good at weeding out fake spoilers.

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

After reading the last couple of pages I'm thinking it's either Derek or Richard who dies and I bet you anything Sandra Oh is the one leaving. She (Cristina) will go off to bigger and better things. She is the one character that makes the most sense to leave ---and NOT die! *fingers crossed* because I don't trust that Ausiello dude.

Ellen Pompeo will stay because if either Derek (her husband) or Richard (her fake-daddy) dies it will have a big effect on the character Meredith.

...and of course I could be completely wrong!

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

but I also wouldn't put it past Shonda to kill off someone just because he said they were safe.

Kind of late for her to do that though, unless its the season 9 opener.

Beth64

Beth64

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

Good Lord. Why would Ausiello lie? I suppose he could be throwing names out just to tick Shonda off, if they're in a fight or something. If Ausiello is lying, he's taking a big risk with the fanbase of the characters his says are safe and with his reputation and a purveyor of accurate spoilers. His bread and butter. It seems foolish to do that.

I'm wondering if the three were in Big Bear for some sort of memorial/spreading of the ashes type of thing? I mean, it could be anything, but I could see those three being together for that sort of thing if it was Richard or Owen dying. Why would they be there? Is it the outside location for the dream house, or is it that they're going fishing again?

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I go back and forth on this but was just thinking logistically it would not make sense to kill Callie. Story-wise she has been back burner all season but they just came off a big story where Callie and Sofia almost died, then the two episodes before the finale Arizona's best fried/"brother"/"husband" will either almost die or die at Callie's hand. Then with Arizona all I know is that Shonda likes Jcap and Jessica wants to stay. I am pretty sure, for now those two are safe.

Shonda is still mad at Ausiello for breaking that BS story back in season five. I am pretty sure Brooke went to him though. I mean who could blame her. At any rate she never said he was lying she just said she wouldn't believe him and we all know she likes to dick around with words.

I'm thinking Richard or Owen for now

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I think she was either just trying to refute the spoiler info to keep the mystery of who dies going or (once again) calm people, I'm not sure how to take it. Her tweet was in response to someone asking:

Laura Gray ‏ @lauraohal18
The GA death won't be shocking since Ausiello narrowed it down...It's gonna be Derek right? I think i'm having a heart attack @shondarhimes

So could be her way of spilling that Derek isn't the one dying.

JMO, but I don't think it has anything to do with Brooke Smith. That was in season 5 and Shonda has done several interviews with TVLine since and given them plenty of information. I'm just not seeing a grudge 3 seasons later.

I still think Richard but I am nearing the point where I don't even care who dies anymore. I'm more interested in how whatever happens brings people back/keeps them in Seattle. I don't think any death would keep all around/bring them back.

Edited by WindSprints, May 2, 2012 @ 11:33 AM.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I am nearing the point where I don't even care who dies anymore

Yeah at this point I am coming to realize that who dies is not likely to be solved in any amount of time that would allow me to digest it; unless it's April or Teddy, or Jackson I will be crying and not able to watch season 9.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

I would believe Ausiello before Shonda any day (-if I have to believe someone I've never met that's telling me gossip about fictional characters-) but I also wouldn't put it past Shonda to kill off someone just because he said they were safe.

LOL, THIS! When I read this I thought...huh, maybe Ausiello is up to something. SR talks a lot but rarely delivers something substantial and true. So I'm going with Ausiello this time.

I still think Richard but I am nearing the point where I don't even care who dies anymore.

Ditto. Whatever it is, it won't be shocking, we will see it coming and it will be dull and over-hyped (like "Suddenly" was). I have the feeling the finale will be more of an amusement hour than actual good TV.

Crystelle

Crystelle

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

Patrick Dempsey wore scrubs when shooting scenes at Big Bear. Although it's possible they shot different types of scenes while there, they definitely shot medical scenes.

Gusto

Gusto

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

I'm relieved they're off death watch as well but I'm not sure that necessarily translated to both of them staying. One or both of them could still leave after this season.

Yes those characters won't die but it doesn't mean they won't leave the Seattle Grace.

Hm. Haven't thought of that. You're both right, of course. It is a possibility for one of them to move on. But I'm crossing my fingers they'll both stay, or at least JC.

Tigerella

Tigerella

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

At this point, I love Sandra Oh too much to truly wish that she stays for another season. What are the odds of Teddy and Owen getting back together? I could see a "they hate each other, then realize they were meant to be together!" kind of ick going on.

If PD was in scrubs, I guess that means that the doctors are on site somewhere, rather than a dinner at the dreamhouse where they'd be wearing civvies. I guess my theory is out. Does that pretty much leave a natural disaster or a plane crash?

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

It won't be shocking either way at this point, it's just annoying and mean quite frankly. I don't enjoy speculating about a death. We are going to watch so I don't see the point. Just tell us what's happening or shut-up all together. I will watch until Cristina gets killed off and then I won't watch anymore, it's that simple. I'll watch even if they say she's going to die, cause I've watched the show solely for that character. Although, there was a time like, maybe the first two seasons when I was interested in every character.

I don't get the hype, my mother who watches has no idea about spoilers and all this stuff, she just watches.
So who is all this for? It's got to be for the online fans and like I said if you're diehard fan of the show as a or just one character it's more than likely you're gonna stick with the character until the end. So once again, Shonda is just being a jerk to online fans IMO, nothing new.

PortlandGirl

PortlandGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I’ve been sitting with my head in my hands for days. I understand the choice I made, but it [b]scares me how fans are going to react

This is from Shonda's interview last week with Keck. The thing that gets me is which character would have that strong fan reaction. I think that list is pretty small and I don't think Richard is on that list. It would be sad, but would it freak people out? I just don't see it.

Also, does Ausiello KNOW who? It sure seems like it. Keck says he doesn't know.

Edited by PortlandGirl, May 2, 2012 @ 8:19 PM.

dmdell119

dmdell119

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

Patrick Dempsey wore scrubs when shooting scenes at Big Bear. Although it's possible they shot different types of scenes while there, they definitely shot medical scenes.

Well, that solves it for me...Dead Derek in scrubs is living with Mer, Cris and Zola in the dream house! See...MFEO and together MerDer, but not! Shonda-style.

Ugh.

These "spoilers" are killing me.

whainott

whainott

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

I think that the reason Ausiello knows who it is is because he will be publishing an interview with the departing actor after the finale. I'm sure that whoever leaves the show wants to make sure that everybody knows that he/she will be free to do other acting jobs again.

I doubt it's going to be Richard because Adele is coming back next season, and what's the point of bringing her back if Richard isn't there? Pointless IMO. He's her only connection to the show. For now I'm going with PD again.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:59 AM

I think the only characters that would make Shonda crap her pants about fan reaction would be

Derek
Alex
Meredith
Cristina
Owen
Zola

Somerset

Somerset

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:24 AM

I think she also would with Callie or Arizona after all the shit she got when they axed Brooke Smith.

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:31 AM

I'm now thinking it's either Richard, Derek, or Zola.

Richard dying would, as others have said, make Meredith feel obliged to stay to pay a debt to Richard by being there for Adele. We've not heard, to my knowledge, what JPJr wants to do next season, while almost everyone else has stated that they either want to stay or they're waiting to see what's offered. Adele could certainly be on the show next season without him. It would give Catherine a job as chief if they wanted to add her.

Derek dying would have the others rally around Meredith, and the "open door we thought was closed" would be that she's pregnant, a good way to try to keep fans of the pair around (they did it with Carol Hathaway when Doug left). I hate the idea of this, and it won't keep me around. Should Meredith be pregnant and Derek is dead, it's a slap in the face to fans, IMO.

Zola dying would have the others rally around Meredith, "open the door..." with a pregnancy, solve the problem of babies growing faster than the timeline of the show, especially the timeline of this show, and would allow PD and EP to leave for another hospital, whether or not we see them there. They could be part-time, or at least have a lighter load.

I think Lexie's safe, since she's a Grey for the "Grey's Anatomy." I think Alex is okay, because I can't imagine that JC wants to go, with all those kids to support.

My only other thought is that I wonder if SaRa wants to go back to New York?

Finally, it frustrates me that if it's PD's last few episodes, I'm dreading the thought of them instead of eagerly anticipating them.

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:01 AM

How would Catherine become chief if Richard dies? 3 people have posted this in this thread and clearly they've forgotten Owen has been the chief for an entire season now...

I really still hope it's Teddy but I doubt it is.

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

How would Catherine become chief if Richard dies? 3 people have posted this in this thread and clearly they've forgotten Owen has been the chief for an entire season now...

The same way Derek became chief of surgery and now isn't - it's quite easy, on this show.

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

So? Is it assumed that Mer and Cris are safe? Because I don't know if I necessarily believe that. I want them to be safe. Those two are the show for me. I could deal with any other character dying ---including Derek and Richard.

I'm kind of thinking it's going to be Derek...

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

Dead Derek in scrubs is living with Mer, Cris and Zola in the dream house! See...MFEO and together MerDer, but not! Shonda-style.

Excuse me while I go vomit this disgusting image. Though I bet this was SR's dream the whole time along.

I'm now thinking it's either Richard, Derek, or Zola.

While I'd be devastated with Derek and sad with Richard, I really really really hope SR can spare Zola of this. I'm going with the "she's not a main character" because I really hate the idea of a dead baby, especially that cute adorable baby.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

So? Is it assumed that Mer and Cris are safe?

Ausiello ruled them out, spoiler posted here.

I don't think any of the babies are dying. Shonda just adopted a baby herself.

If Derek dies I wonder if they will go with Cristina trying to save him and being unable to - brings back the S6 finale but changes the outcome. It looks like (from the sides) that Callie won't save Arizona's childhood 'husband' either and I can see them writing almost mirror scenarios. They've done similar in the past.

Edited by WindSprints, May 3, 2012 @ 11:35 AM.

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

Thanks WindSprints. I read that but I just don't trust what Ausiello says. I want to believe Mer and Cris are safe.

If Derek dies I wonder if they will go with Cristina trying to save him and being unable to - brings back the S6 finale but changes the outcome.

The more I ponder this scenario the more I think this is how it will play out. And yes! that will be bittersweet and heart breaking. And killing the character McDreamy would make Shonda very worried about fan backlash.

RysenSun

RysenSun

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I think in Shonda's eyes the true MFEO couple is Cris and Mer. I could see where she would kill off Derek. I am not sure TPTB would let her kill off Derek. "McDreamy" is the character that put Grey's on the charts. I am not sure killing him off is in the best interest of the show. But then again, Shonda has done alot of things that are not in the best interest of the show. Dead Denny anyone.

Dead Derek in scrubs is living with Mer, Cris and Zola in the dream house! See...MFEO and together MerDer, but not! Shonda-style

I wouldn't put Dead Derek past Shonda.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

Is there a source/link for Derek being in scrubs at Big Bear? Just wondering if anything was said about Meredith or Cristina - were all 3 in scrubs or just Derek?

I am not sure TPTB would let her kill off Derek.

I think TPTB would need to approve a death. During the coverage of the Marc Cherry/ABC/Nicolette Sheridan trial he needed network approval to kill Edie (there was a lot of testimony around the timing, the network wanting to wait to kill her off, etc) so I would think it would be similar on GA.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

I am not sure killing him off is in the best interest of the show.

It wouldn't be, in the sense that killing off the most marketable actor on the show would damage it badly but at the same time it would create a "What will Meredith do?" hype, especially if she turns out pregnant (which she won't but for purpose of speculation, let's say she does). So in the short run, it could be beneficial for the show, but not in the long run, as many fans of the couple would leave upon his death. JMO.

I think TPTB would need to approve a death.

Just to be clear, this is ABC, right? How much intervention does ABC has in terms of storyline? I'm curious on this.

Edited by AnitaMC86, May 3, 2012 @ 12:49 PM.