Spoiler Discussion

• Please log in to reply

44211 replies to this topic

JamesNJules

JamesNJules

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 11:47 PM

It's fraudulent. If they would tell an adoption story as a post-it marriage couple trying to adopt a child that's an issue.

Yea whenever they always say they are married I just wanna be like well, no, not really, you're not. Shonda's agenda doesn't make sense to me. It seems like she's trying to say a post it is just as important as a marriage. If it were then why are tons of people who can't get married fighting for that right everyday? Yet you have tweedle dum and tweedle dee (I love Mer/Der, just making a point) who are able to and choose a post it, but say they are married? If one of them are in a life or death situation they can't make decisions for the other, they don't get any of the rights married couples get, and it would make it more difficult to adopt if they are not legally married. It's just odd to me.

Edited by JamesNJules, Mar 10, 2011 @ 11:48 PM.

Red Ranger

Red Ranger

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2011 @ 11:48 PM

Personally I'm hoping the Mer/Der baby storyline is told well. It's a HUGE deal. I'll be disappointed if it's just thrown together.

Dude, you know it'll be 20 seconds at the end of the episode. It's been that way all season.

I think my biggest problem with Mer/Der adopting is that I see it being either Mer/Der coming to the other being randomly like LET'S ADOPT THIS BABY without have ever thought about adoption before. Then, I bet the child gets adopted all within an episode or two and not be a long drawn out process. I don't have a shred of hope that an adoption storyline will be anything substantial or longer than a few minutes in the episode without any serious discussion about it. That's what pisses me off. It'll just randomly come out of the blue and happen without anyone discussing the consequences of it.

boa1962

boa1962

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 1:59 AM

Can someone transcript the casting call because I'm at the office and I can't open the link Facebook ?

Thanks a lot

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 2:15 AM

A couple issues have been coming up in here lately that I want everyone to think about before posting again:

1. DISCUSSION OF BLIND ITEMS IS NEVER ALLOWED. This is a long-standing rule. As long as the item is "blind," it's not about Grey's Anatomy. There is a forum for blind items. Speculate as much as you want to there.

2. The hatred of adoption in here is getting pretty offensive. You have made your case on how much you HATE adoption (and, frankly, you sound like sort of a jerk). Please don't repeat it again.

3. Don't repeat yourself. A lot of the repetition in here has been on the above two items, so it's not okay anyway. But, on any issue, as always, SAY IT ONCE and move on. People can disagree, and that doesn't mean you should come back and state your case again.

4. Don't talk about the fans/boards/shippers. Talk about THE SHOW. Even if you find people are being offensive about something, don't make your post about them. If you can't stick to the topic of the thread, don't post. (And, if they're breaking the rules, report or ignore, as usual.)

If you're confused, read the FAQ, the Dos and Don'ts and the Mod Q&A (including the pinned post -- and the links it sends you to). If you're still confused, ask there or send me an email or a PM.

Edited by TWoP Mars, Mar 11, 2011 @ 2:20 AM.

Bridget1990

Bridget1990

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 9:45 AM

Shonda doesn't care about realities at this point if she goes with the adoption path with MD. I mean Derek and Meredith last season were both on risk of dieing and it didn't ring once that they aren't legally married.

AnitaMC

AnitaMC

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 11:55 AM

Shonda doesn't care about realities at this point if she goes with the adoption path with MD. I mean Derek and Meredith last season were both on risk of dieing and it didn't ring once that they aren't legally married.

Given the circumstances, I doubt Cristina would've gone "Oh, you didn't sign the license, no news for you!". However, things are like this are easily fixed. They just need to drop a line about POA or filing for domestic partnership, or any other alternative and that is that. Quick fix. Besides, adoption is possible without MD being married. It's not exactly a step in the way.

Mickaela82

Mickaela82

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 12:44 PM

Reading the speculation is FAR more entertaining than the show itself. And I love it how fans call thins right every.single.time. So...i expect this whole CAM baby + wedding, as well as MerDer randomly deciding on adoption in the last 25 seconds of the season's end to be completely true.

For example: Meredith and Derek are not married, they cannot adopt as a post-it married couple. IIRC common-law isn't applicable in Washington state. So it's 2 single people in a relationship living together in a frat house full of other single people asking to adopt a child while they pretend they're married.

LMAO! So true! And when you put it that way...the post it is even MORE ridiculous. Maybe Callie and Arizona should ALSO get married on a napkin or something like that, since gay wedding is illegal in WA. Also...MerDer could post-it adopt the child as well. At this point...why not?

zona7

zona7

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 5:55 PM

A cataclysmic event rattles the doctors of Seattle Grace to the core, as Callie, on the verge of an enormous life-changing moment with Arizona, envisions her hospital and friends as it has never-been-seen before.

so what's the life-changing moment? the marriage proposal?

Edited by zona7, Mar 11, 2011 @ 5:56 PM.

andtototoo

andtototoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 6:09 PM

so what's the life-changing moment? the marriage proposal?

Seems like it, doesn't it? Callie decides to get married all of a sudden and then get's slammed in an accident, ends up in a coma, and goes on a walkabout throughout the hospital watching her colleagues singing and dancing while they save her and the baby.

lynxish

lynxish

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 7:26 PM

the women have some major challenges to overcome before then, including something that happens in Grey's March 31 musical episode that Sara describes as "a life-altering event that [allows Callie] to process why her life with Arizona is worth fighting for."

A cataclysmic event rattles the doctors of Seattle Grace to the core, as Callie, on the verge of an enormous life-changing moment with Arizona, envisions her hospital and friends as it has never-been-seen before.

I'm getting confused here. In one quote, it sounds like Callie doesn't realize Arizona is worth fighting for until after the "cataclysmic event." But in the other quote, there's a life-changing moment prior to the cataclysmic event? That doesn't sound right. I'm guessing that the second quote is poorly phrased, and what they meant is that Callie is on the verge of having that life-changing moment while she's having her out-of-body experience, but that the life-changing moment/realization doesn't happen until during/after that incorporeal walkabout the hospital. Unless there are in fact two separate life-changing moments/realizations...

zona7

zona7

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 8:01 PM

I'm guessing that the second quote is poorly phrased, and what they meant is that Callie is on the verge of having that life-changing moment while she's having her out-of-body experience

ok that makes a lot more sense. also, someone spotted arizona running after callie (presumably) as they wheel her into surgery in the new preview released today. her face is scratched up but she looks good enough to be running through the hospital. if this is just going to be a callie/baby injury like we were led to believe since the very beginning, i'm going to be so annoyed.

andtototoo

andtototoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2011 @ 11:29 PM

if this is just going to be a callie/baby injury like we were led to believe since the very beginning, i'm going to be so annoyed.

Well if you look at the person in the patterned shirt running behind the gurney that's carrying Callie, it looks just like Arizona with a little blood on her face so prepared to be annoyed lol

Arizona finally seen?

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 12, 2011 @ 3:05 AM

I think some of you ignored my post, so it's not pinned at the top of this thread. Read it while this thread is closed. (And DO NOT post about spoilers elsewhere. This will open again soon enough, but the break is for a reason.)

Nanc

Nanc

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 11:53 AM

Sounds like you might get some spoilers in person on Tues, if you live in L.A.:

Sara Ramirez previews the 'Grey's Anatomy' musical at The Grove
...series star Sara Ramirez will be performing at
Los Angeles' outdoor shopping mall, The Grove, Tues, Mar 15th, at 2:30pm

"Ramirez, who plays Callie on the primetime medical soap opera, is about to undergo yet a huge, life-changing moment and envisions her friends and hospital co-workers in a more whimsical way in “Song Beneath the Song.” In a series first-- hell, probably in a genre first!-- they will be singing songs from Snow Patrol, The Fray, and Brandi Carlile, to name a few. All of the music that has been the soundtrack to the show all along will actually come to life thanks to the talented cast. Will Ramirez sing all of those hits solo at The Grove or will a few of her co-stars “surprise” the audience and back her up?''

good Q: How many of those other singers in the cast will show up?
And is GA giving them all Tuesday afternoon off then? Or just the singer(s)?

''Head over early as it is sure to fill up, and if you like what you hear, you can also download a sneak peek single via iTunes on March 29th. The entire “Grey's Anatomy: The Music Event” soundtrack will be released on March 31, timed to the episode airing.''

Her performance is not listed on The Grove's event calendar yet, but sneak peeks often aren't.
Will be interesting to see if anyone gets some spoilers 'straight from the source' while they're there.

LetTheSunShine

LetTheSunShine

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 12:16 PM

Shonda said Sara would be singing one song.

From Twitter:

shondarhimes shonda rhimes
In Los Angeles? See Sara Ramirez sing a song from the GA Music Event LIVE!

converse1973

converse1973

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 6:18 PM

I'm thinking that the expectations are so low for this musical that it might actually turn out better than expected. Or it might just suck. I've fallen out of love with this show long, long ago, but Grey's might still be able to pull out a decent episode once ever six months or so. It might be cheesy to the nth degree, but life affirming, soapy, cheesy drama is what Grey's used to do best.

There's nothing that I've seen yet that indicates it will be good episode, except for the cast saying that it is. And the idea of a musical in a hospital does make me cringe, but because everything seems staked against this being any good, if it turns out not to suck as much as I think it will, it might be a success.

I'm not sure I'll actually watch, but I am curious to see what the reactions will be.

Red Ranger

Red Ranger

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 7:17 PM

I'm thinking that the expectations are so low for this musical that it might actually turn out better than expected. Or it might just suck. I've fallen out of love with this show long, long ago, but Grey's might still be able to pull out a decent episode once ever six months or so.

I'm right there with you. I think I might be more inclined to like it if it was campy and knew it was cheesy just to be cheesy. I feel like this whole out of body experience while trying to keep it dramatic will just make it worse. Like I'm supposed to be taking this seriously, yet I don't think I can with people singing in the halls and in closets.

Edited by Red Ranger, Mar 14, 2011 @ 7:18 PM.

Bridget1990

Bridget1990

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2011 @ 8:52 PM

E!

Chelsjo: Grey's! Grey's! Meredith and Derek in particular! Please!
If you're hoping for a flashy Mer-Der duet in the musical episode, don't hold your breath. "I don't do too much, thank goodness," Patrick Dempsey tells us. "I'm supporting all the singers, but Sara Ramirez is really wonderful, and Kevin [McKidd] and the rest of the cast. Everyone pretty much sings at the moment and a lot of the songs are [ones] that made the show famous, which is really a nice touch I think, and very emotional."

Marianamesq: GREY'S!
Well, since you wrote it in all capital letters, we have to give you scoop, right? Jesse Williams tells us he's "not really going to be singing," although he might be "part of a five or six part harmony." But that doesn't mean he's not all pumped up to see the finished product. "I'm really excited and I'm not generally a fan of musicals…but this one is really, really moving and it's not song and dance," Jesse says. "It's got nothing to do with

As usual nothing new.

Red Ranger

Red Ranger

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 5:48 AM

"I'm really excited and I'm not generally a fan of musicals…but this one is really, really moving and it's not song and dance,"

I'm so ready for this musical to be over so I can stop hearing how really, really moving/emotional/whatever it is. I feel like they're trying so hard to sell this.

Gibraltariana

Gibraltariana

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 8:55 AM

I think I am just going to keep an open mind about this and see what happens. While I know Scrubs was a VERY different show and the musical elements were a part of the show from early on which is not the case with Grey's, there is something to be said for musical acts coming to the forefront for dramatic purpose. While I wouldn't want to see Colin Hay running around the halls of SGMWH singing "Overkill" to highlight a character's emotional crisis on a regular basis, a little change up of format with talented singers could be an interesting episode.

And, for the record, I know that "How to Save A Life" is associated with Grey's, but its first and best use in a medical show was on Scrubs. With Grey's I am not talking about the music video, I am talking about its actual use on the show. I needed to get that off my chest.

Humbugged

Humbugged

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 6:53 PM

http://www.tvline.co...e-bones-castle/

Question:
Tell the crazies that your “Six Feet Under” Blind Item is not Derek on Grey’s Anatomy. I mean, do we seriously have to go through this every season? —Megan
Ausiello: Hey. Crazies. Listen up. It’s not Derek on Grey’s Anatomy. (It’s worse.)

Question:
What has your investigation into rumors that Der/Mer will make their marriage official on Grey’s Anatomy turned up? —Samantha
Ausiello: A lot of evidence suggesting it’s much more than just a rumor.

AnitaMC

AnitaMC

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:02 PM

What has your investigation into rumors that Der/Mer will make their marriage official on Grey’s Anatomy turned up? —Samantha
Ausiello: A lot of evidence suggesting it’s much more than just a rumor.

For some reason this doesn't make me excited. It's almost like "what's the point?" now. Seems there isn't much for MD with all the Three Stooges + baby.

honey89

honey89

Couch Potato

A lot of evidence suggesting it’s much more than just a rumor.

This is a huge mistake but I'm excited. I'm also really interested to know why Shonda changed her mind after everything. So much for fans not influencing her storylines.

It’s not Derek on Grey’s Anatomy. (It’s worse.)

It will most likely not be anyone from Grey's but I'm going to hope it's Callie or Arizona. Maybe then the show can be somewhat decent again.

Bridget1990

Bridget1990

Fanatic

lot of evidence suggesting it’s much more than just a rumor.

Ausiello saying there's evidence make me think of adoption at this point and I know you don't need to be married to adopt but there's ALWAYS a catch with Shonda. Callie will have it ALL of course gag me. I wonder if the death is GA related but doubt since I don't think there can be anything worse in GA than killing Derek off at this point JIMO.

LizH

LizH

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:07 PM

I'm also really interested to know why Shonda changed her mind after everything. So much for fans not influencing her storylines.

Absolutely. Shonda should be careful what she says on twitter. I don't know how I feel about this. I kind of like the post-it. It separates them (and to me makes their marriage more special as is is more about the love and less about signing the dotted line) from all the other marriages on tv.

AnitaMC

AnitaMC

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:10 PM

I'm also really interested to know why Shonda changed her mind after everything. So much for fans not influencing her storylines.

Me too. She was very proud of the post-it and defended it to no end. I'm really interesting in knowing what's the point of getting them married now on a 15 second scene.

sasha fierce

sasha fierce

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:12 PM

Since it's been proclaimed many times here legal marriage = cheating and divorce on the show, I expect merder to do some cheating next season.

It’s not Derek on Grey’s Anatomy. (It’s worse.)

Cristina?

Edited by sasha fierce, Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:13 PM.

Bridget1990

Bridget1990

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:15 PM

Since it's been proclaimed many times here legal marriage = cheating and divorce on the show, I expect merder to do some cheating next season.

LOL I needed the laugh thanks :).

Cristina?

Doubt it because SO is signed for S8 she's staying.

Edited by Bridget1990, Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:16 PM.

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:17 PM

If MerDer marry and the season ends with them adopting or Meredith pregnant (as has been speculated), then I guess Meredith is the one that has it all.

So much for the super awesome Post It, LMAO.

LizH

LizH

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:20 PM

I'm really interesting in knowing what's the point of getting them married now on a 15 second scene.

Exactly. If, as the sides suggest, this is just a quickie court house marriage - then what is the point (I understand that it may be around adoption or something but they can get around it). The post-it is so much more meaningful and romantic. If they are going to have a wedding - do it properly.

Since it's been proclaimed many times here legal marriage = cheating and divorce on the show,

Why hasn't that same rule of thumb been applied to C/O. I WANT IT TO!!!!

Edited by LizH, Mar 15, 2011 @ 7:21 PM.