Ratings and Scheduling: Medical Appointments

• Please log in to reply

4977 replies to this topic

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:40 PM

Hopefully they'll bump up in the finals.  If not, series low.

9:00PM ABC Grey's Anatomy 2.5 (demo)  8.48 (mil. viewers)

from tvbythenumbers

Edited by WindSprints, Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:40 PM.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

Yikes. I'm sure it will pick up a little in the finals but having a solid demo was what has been keeping it relevant and thriving.

Edited by NYluv, Nov 22, 2013 @ 1:13 PM.

willowxandra

willowxandra

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 22, 2013 @ 5:11 PM

Final ratings : GA adjusted a tenth,  2.6 for the demo and 8,6 millions viewers.

http://tvbythenumber...ed-down/217477/

jennatv1

jennatv1

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 11:53 AM

The Sound of Music clobbered just about everything last night  Series low for Greys with a 2.4 & 7.48 total viewers. DVR numbers should have huge gains as has been the pattern all season (I believe they have averaged a 4.5+ w/ DVR numbers all season).  I would not be surprised if next week is on the low side as well as numbers are lower so close to the holidays. Hopefully the second half of the season will have the numbers rebound to the high 2's where there were for much of this season.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

OUCH!

I'm hoping that they will gain significantly with Live +7, but Grey's decline this season seems more rapid than in previous years. Scandal was still able to hold up {Scandal (8.6 mil/3.1) rose two tenths to a 6-week high} despite the SOML special - of course, their competition at 10p isn't as stiff as Grey's... 

Thanks for sharing the numbers!

stopthestatic

stopthestatic

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

I can't be the only one who gets overjoyed when hearing about the ratings declining right? I just want this show to end. 

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 5:41 PM

I can't be the only one who gets overjoyed when hearing about the ratings declining right? I just want this show to end. 

It may not be what it once was, but it still engages me more than many other shows. So no, I for one do NOT want the show to end. 

lurker22

lurker22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 9:21 PM

I actually wouldn't mind if the show ends. Sure, I'll be sad for a little while that I won't get any more Arizona on my screen, but she doesn't have much screen-time to begin with. My interest in Grey's Anatomy is now mostly due to Arizona. I'm actually more interested in other shows like Parenthood, The Good Wife and Agents of SHIELD instead. Grey's has just gotten so stale.

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2013 @ 9:54 PM

I'm in it as long as PD & EP are on the show. Once they go, I will, but I'm a sucker for them as a couple and as actors.

DarkBluescrubs

DarkBluescrubs

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 8, 2013 @ 10:46 AM

I'm in it as long as PD & EP are on the show. Once they go, I will, but I'm a sucker for them as a couple and as actors.

Same here. The only reasons I am still watching. Once they're out, I am too.

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 8, 2013 @ 5:01 PM

Even a little JCap is better than none, imo. It's harder to get work in Hollywood nowadays. And there's always the fear that when she is no longer on Grey's Sara Ramirez will go back to Broadway and then I'll never see her work again.

So I want Grey's with them as long as possible. As it is, I'm really upset at the possibility of not seeing Sandra Oh in anything anymore. 

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 1:59 PM

You're not. And it saddens me that the show that I once expected with so much excitement, now just dreads me. Granted, this is not the same for everyone but as for this viewer, I just really want it to end. But given that it's still a winning slot for ABC, not sure that the ratings as they are or the negative perspective matter much. Yet.

I'm really upset at the possibility of not seeing Sandra Oh in anything anymore. 

Most of them are established actors with a certain leverage. I think SO is one that won't find problem finding work but just finding the right one for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she did take a bit of a leave to rest. I think it's extreme to say that actors that leave a TV show or after a show ends, vanish from Hollywood entirely. Unless that's what they want. 

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

I don't feel that way. If I disliked the show so much that I wanted it to end it would end for me - I'd stop watching.

I'm really upset at the possibility of not seeing Sandra Oh in anything anymore.

She filmed a guest spot on Betas and has another project in production on IMDB so I think you will see her.

I think the ratings will be higher this week for the winter finale.  Last week Sound of Music had amazing ratings and that probably took some viewers from Grey's.

Edited by zenyatta, Dec 9, 2013 @ 8:08 PM.

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 9, 2013 @ 10:41 PM

Most of them are established actors with a certain leverage. I think SO is one that won't find problem finding work but just finding the right one for her. I wouldn't be surprised if she did take a bit of a leave to rest. I think it's extreme to say that actors that leave a TV show or after a show ends, vanish from Hollywood entirely. Unless that's what they want. 

On the one hand, I totally get what you're saying. On the other hand, people like Robin Williams are choosing to come to TV. At least in part, that's got to be due to a lack of film roles. There seems to be more competition in the past few years... it's tougher to get roles. And people like Sandra Oh and Sara Ramirez could choose to go back to theatre. That leaves people like me out of luck, in terms of seeing their work. I certainly don't begrudge them that chance if that's what they choose, but it doesn't change the fact that it's sad for someone like me. I can't afford to go see them live in New York  (or possibly Toronto in the case of Ms. Oh).

glennsoe

glennsoe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 3:45 AM

When is the next episode airing?

LakeLover

LakeLover

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 4:24 AM

When is the next episode airing?

February 27th.

glennsoe

glennsoe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 6:33 AM

Thanks..

Still we wait...

Yellow42758

Yellow42758

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 9:43 PM

I initially thought splitting the season into two halves would be a good idea, but having this extended hiatus has only managed to sever some of my emotional investment in the series. Anybody else feel like this scheduling move was a bad idea -- especially since ABC is doing a poor job of building a hype? 

cycworker

cycworker

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:38 PM

I actually love it. Admittedly, I wish ABC had something equally good to offer in the time slot. But The Olympics are on now, and I certainly wouldn't want the show up against that. And in general, I'd rather have one long break (two if you count the normal summer hiatus) than the fits and spurts of a couple weeks on, one week off, on a week or two, off two or three, etc, etc. 

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 1:31 PM

to sever some of my emotional investment in the series.

I agree. Even though I'm already bored with the show, for the last couple of months, I forgot it existed. Haven't missed it, at all. I started seeing spoilers and they didn't even annoy me. It was just...there. 

Even so, we'll see how the show does now that CBS earn the rights to NFL on Thursdays. I haven't checked how shows that were against the NFL matches did on Sundays, but that might be an indication of how it'll be. 

taanja

taanja

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 4:44 PM

I can tell you why the ratings are down.

# 1) The fight/break up of Cris and Mere. All season long. It has taken any charm that was left in the show and thrown it out the window!

# 2) Sticking Alex (One of the original 5!) with that nasty child. Enough said.

# 3) the interns all the time everywhere.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:06 PM

I will watch when the show returns. I'm still interested in Alex, Alex/Jo and seeing how Cristina exits. 

# 2) Sticking Alex (One of the original 5!) with that nasty child. Enough said.

I don't agree at all. Alex and Alex & Jo are my primary reason for watching this season. I'm glad that Alex finally has a storyline and I am happy with the pairing.

I am most disappointed with how Sandra's last season is being wasted. I hated that the whole first half had her stuck with fighting with Meredith. I am hoping in the second half there will be a decent exit written for Cristina. Shonda has said the fight has ended and its setup for Meredith to have Derek to fight with now so that should mean Cristina is done with that storyline.

Deanie87

Deanie87

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:16 PM

2) Sticking Alex (One of the original 5!) with that nasty child. Enough said

Alex and the nasty child are the ONLY reason I am tuning in at the end of the month.

I was hoping we would get some good scenes of the last 3 original interns but other than the premiere there really hasn't been any this season which is very disappointing.

Edited by Deanie87, Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:19 PM.

Nanda

Nanda

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 1:07 PM

The 'genius' idea of making the stories  happen off  screen  had surely impacted the vieweres interest and ratings too. It did nothing good for the show. It's hard to stick after 9 years let alone stick after 9 y and don't see the stories unfold on screen. Worse, have some of the actors come to actually explain what had happened in their stories. It has been pathetic. And I thought last season was the worst season of GA!! 

jennatv1

jennatv1

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 12:24 PM

I was concerned that Grey's would follow its historical pattern of returning to low numbers after a long break, but the numbers are very good. It looks like the wedding cliffhanger paid off for them. Good for them.

9:00PM ABC Grey's Anatomy 3.0 9 9.31

Source

WindSprints

WindSprints

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 6:17 PM

They adjusted up in the final to a 3.1 demo and 9.42 viewers. That's the highest ratings since episode 3.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2014 @ 7:17 PM

Pretty great for a 10 year old show.

jennatv1

jennatv1

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2014 @ 7:37 PM

Pretty great for a 10 year old show

Great for any age show. The 3.1 ties The Blacklist for second for the week (hour long dramas) behind #1 Scandal. Great week for Shondaland.