The Biggest Loser (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

10921 replies to this topic

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:40 PM

Even getting booted twice can't dent Bek's confidence. Heh. I like her. Her butt is no size 12 though.

I noticed that Commando stripped off without being asked by Alex. He knows what we want.

Nice to see Brenda get some revenge for Shannan continually pressing her issues.

Only one more week.
Recaps at veronicacheesequake.blogspot.com.au

Edited by Apolsenc, Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:41 PM.

MarcMav2

MarcMav2

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:30 PM

Is it just me or is it coincidental that all trainers have one per team as per usual? Shannon has Brenda, Michelle has Margie, Tiffany has Kasey and Com has Alex.

TheBiggestLoser

TheBiggestLoser

Just Tuned In

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 2:26 AM

Does anyone know the final 3? If so, post here. :)

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:31 AM

Spoiler

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

I have to thank trainer Michelle for the laugh she gave me tonight when, before the challenge, Hayley asked her if she was nervous and she said, "Of course I'm nervous. I'm running around the course chained to an angry lesbian!" Hee!

gypsy landslide

gypsy landslide

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:47 PM

I'm so disappointed in this show! It's usually the one I look forward to most for the year but I haven't watched it in weeks. I just can't seem to make myself care! I think it's a combination of the terrible casting and the way they hammered us with the "YOU DON'T DESERVE LOVE BECAUSE YOU'RE FAT" early on. The ratings have been pretty awful too haven't they? I hope they lift their game next year.

TheBiggestLoser

TheBiggestLoser

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:34 AM

Spoiler

Edited by TheBiggestLoser, May 3, 2012 @ 7:35 AM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 4:58 AM

Yeah, Margie survived.

Go Margie.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:06 AM

I love how they're acting like the Final 3 is such a huge twist. Weren't they supposed to do it the first season until the producers stupidly decided to bring back an eliminated contestant and the trainers thought is wasn't fair to Adroops?

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:07 AM

I knew she would. But at one stage I read a spoiler that said she wasn't at TEH FINARLEEE!! so I was holding out some faint hope.

On another note, though, one of the few things BL has done right this season is how they've handled the crush Margie has on Michelle. Seeing as Margie is upfront about being gay, I can see how they could have tried to cover it up and disguise it, but instead they've been open about it and I actually found it quite refreshing. I have to wonder, though, if it had been a gay male contestant with a thing for the Commando, whether they'd have been quite as tolerant.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:20 AM

Don't be silly, gays can't have crushes on people who aren't flaming bitchy queens. (Disclaimer: I am a gay man.)

TheBiggestLoser

TheBiggestLoser

Just Tuned In

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:30 AM

Looks like I was right! And whoever had the spoiler about the final 3 was wrong.

SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

Wow, they really can't edit for shit on this show. Footage of Margie packing her things, resignedly saying "I'm definitely going. Alex will definitely vote to keep Kasey, it's the only foreseeable outcome" and crying softly on her bed...what am I, some halfwit? (You will note: rhetorical question).

I'm so bummed that Alex didn't decide to cast a vote tonight. After what happened in week 1, it would have been the comeuppance to end all comeuppances. As it stands, I am pretty sure Margie will win. I also get some serious Womens Weekly expose vibes from her, bagging out the show in 18 months time: "I ate too much food and put my weight back on, it's all someone elses fault!!!"

Edited by SilverSpoon, May 6, 2012 @ 7:41 AM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

So I was wrong about the final 3.

But I posted way before it was shown on TV on who the final 4 were.

I won't post the name of the winner.

I also get some serious Womens Weekly expose vibes from her, bagging out the show in 18 months time: "I ate too much food and put my weight back on, it's all someone elses fault!!!"

That will be Lisa, Simon & Ryan.

Edited by GizmoD, May 7, 2012 @ 3:30 AM.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:19 AM

Being done up doesn't disguise the fact that Selena hasn't lost much more weight since leaving. Michelle and Bec OTOH look fantastic.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

Oh, my God. When you think they had the chance to eliminate her and did not...how stupid must those other contestants feel now? But well done to Margie. I really did think Alex was going to pinch this at the last minute but it turns out that the person who actually came second in percentages was Lydia, I think, so more power to the Red Team. Best transformations, I think, were Michelle, James, Bec, Lydia, Lisa, Brenda, even Kasey. Even Selena didn't do so badly in the end. Put it this way - there have been contestants who have lost far less by the time of the finale!

MarcMav2

MarcMav2

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:37 AM

PHEW! I am glad that this debacle is over I did not care who won in the end. Over 'n' Out.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

but it turns out that the person who actually came second in percentages was Lydia, I think

Close

Margie = 46.01%
Alex = 44.68%
Lydia = 44.47%

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

Oh, my God. When you think they had the chance to eliminate her and did not...how stupid must those other contestants feel now?

Something was either up with that, or Margie has a Svengali like power over them. It was always obvious that as fit as she was, her build allowed her to carry SO much weight that she consistently had the most to lose (percentagewise I mean), and that never changed the whole time. It was even more obvious near the end, when others looked like twigs and she still looked... stocky (not fat, but clearly still with a region that could be worked on).

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

How hilarious was it that James seemed to do so well on the outside? I mean, I know the producers will try and spin it into a "he only beat FOUR PEOPLE!!1!1!!one!" deal, but still. Wiki (because I is laaaazee) says his BMI is the fourth best out of everyone, and the best of the men by far.

retrograde85

retrograde85

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

Interesting.

Yesterday the openly lesbian Cummins said she was the one who had been bullied by "homophobic" Hamish Elliott and Simon Hurley and she was disappointed by how the show had edited her to look conniving.

If that's true, it's pretty appalling (but not surprising) that Ten edited it out.

Though it must have been some pretty creative editing if Margie wasn't bullying others at all, I would be a lot more sympathetic if she was also on the receiving end and just decided to screw everyone else and look out for herself. Especially if no one else called them out on their homophobia.

Of course, we only have her accusations at this stage, but with that many bogans in one house, I'd be surprised if they were all tolerant and open minded people.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:34 AM

If true? Its very unlikely that its true, for one thing there's no chance the show could tolerate that sort of thing, they'd be open to lawsuits if thats the case. She's just trying to justify herself.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 4:39 AM

How hilarious was it that James seemed to do so well on the outside?

Even more than that, it says a lot about his commitment to losing weight for the right reasons. He wasn't going to get any extra money for losing that weight and he was out of the running for the at-home prize. He obviously just did it because he truly wanted to and more power to him. He looked awesome.

Yesterday the openly lesbian Cummins said she was the one who had been bullied by "homophobic" Hamish Elliott and Simon Hurley and she was disappointed by how the show had edited her to look conniving.

I'm not sure what to make of this. It's possible some weren't as accepting of Margie as they could have been but as I said upthread, the show treated Margie very positively in that TGTB didn't shy away from her sexuality and her crush on Michelle.

Edited by katisha66, May 10, 2012 @ 4:40 AM.

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

I think Margie is just backpedaling here. Trying to justify her behaviour by claiming bullying. I don't believe that the editing could have been that much to blame for Margie's depiction on the show. There were just too many instances of her being manipulative or bullying others. Margie was the biggest bully on that show, and now she realises that people don't think she's that funny.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

I believe Margie when she said Hamish & Simon were homophobic.

If Hamish & Simon weren't homophobic towards her, they could sue. (Bet they don't as there would be proof)

For a so called bully, she had a lot of people in the house who liked her.

Channel 10 wouldn't show contestants being homophobic, remember Hamish & Simon were half of the singles couples.

And that's what the theme of this series was.

Edited by GizmoD, May 11, 2012 @ 1:47 AM.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

I believe Margie when she said Hamish & Simon were homophobic.

If Hamish & Simon weren't homophobic towards her, they could sue. (Bet they don't as there would be proof)

For a so called bully, she had a lot of people in the house who liked her.

Her bullying treatment of others was crystal clear, even Alex called her on it, she was just smart enough to soften it in the second half of the show. If remarks were made maybe they were in response to her actions.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

If remarks were made maybe they were in response to her actions.

No matter what she said or did, there is no excuse for what that said or did.

I still don't think she was bullying.

Being a b!tch etc, yep, but not bullying.

People these days, always use I was bullied.

Because we disagree, that can be classed as bullying these days.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

TV Week on Margie.

http://tvweek.ninems...owcomments=true

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2012 @ 11:58 PM

I know a few of us out there were never happy with the way Series 1 was won by someone who kicked up a huge stink to be let back into the house. Well, a bit of a shitstorm has broken out between Ajay and Adro. Read all about it. Adro has replied via Facebook - it's on! Link for his reply which may or may not work!

Edited by katisha66, Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:08 AM.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 4:06 AM

And in other news, it appears she is now being described as a "newly outed bisexual".