The Biggest Loser (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

10922 replies to this topic

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Now we know what Michelle sees in Hamish! She's really doing the full Lara.

Lydia has quite the failure issues there.

Alex is also cracking.

So will Margie risk going home and missing Temptation or send Michelle back to mum so she can't go for Immunity?

Monday's recap is up:
veronicacheesequake.blogspot.com.au

Edited by Apolsenc, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:44 PM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:19 AM

Alex was wearing a hospital ID tag on his right hand, when he walked into the temptation room.

So I wonder if he went to hospital 1st & then had temptation.

But they are showing us in reverse.

MarcMav2

MarcMav2

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

This Season feels like one big headache except we can't shake it off.

SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

Erm...the Commando's big "No excuses!" blow up when Alex wasn't training hard enough in the gym the other day seems kind of sinister now. I'd say "I'm having chest pains!" is actually a fairly valid excuse? Seriously, someone in an extreme weight loss environment having trouble breathing/chest pain, for several days at a time, and is still competing in challenges, and being urged by Margie to stuff his face with high calorie foods after weeks at the temptation after weeks of abstinence? Even if the medics checked him out...doesn't this situation just seem like asking for trouble?

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

That food didn't look all that tempting, but it has been 3 months.

Alex, never let Margie get into your head!

"Have you been doing anything strenuous?" heh. I'm calling gallstones.

Tuesday's recap is up.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:53 AM

Just when you thought this show couldn't get any further away from its supposed ideals of weight loss and good health - the sight of GoCommando and Punkin saying what a great idea they thought it was for Alex to eat over 1,000 calories of foods he hasn't touched for quite a while and very probably land himself in hospital with a bad attack of gallstones (I tend to think you're right, Apolsenc left me facepalming in disbelief. And yet why do I expect anything different?

I'd love to see Lydia give Margie the weight penalty. I wonder if there's even a slight possibility it would happen?

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:16 AM

Alex was wearing a hospital tag, before he entered the temptation room.

So eating the food had nothing to do with him going to hospital.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:48 AM

Well, maybe yes, maybe no, GizmoD. Put it this way - whatever it was that was wrong with him, eating 1,000 calories plus of unfamiliar food (and remember how few carbs they eat) cannot possibly have done a thing to make his condition any better. I can see it was good strategy but if that's what the show is going to be about, they should abandon all pretence of it having one thing to do with sustainable healthy living, as opposed to, "Here, jump off this alpine cliff and you will never have weight problems again - oh yayz!!!11!"

On a happier note, I really enjoyed the footage tonight of Graham with Kurt Fearnley, who must be one of the most inspirational people I've heard of in my life. GoCommando was positively beaming and it was nice to see. And did I hear him call Graham by his nickname "Gub" tonight?

Forgot to mention the other startling piece of gibbonry the other night which I'm sure we're expected to believe was a coincidence - that through some kind of miracle, we again have four even teams, two per trainer? I mean, it's possible Bec and Brenda could have just decided to go with Shannan, but I sense manipulation behind the scenes.

Edited by katisha66, Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:52 AM.

SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:26 AM

Lord help me, but I found myself agreeing vehemently with Bec tonight. How on earth could people be so friggin STOOPID that they would try to knock out the weaker players, Bec and Brenda, before going after the big threats Margie and Lydia, during tonights challenge? "We origial members have got to stick together!!" Why?! Not only is the "it's not fair, they didn't earn their place!!!" immature and ridiculous, but who would you prefer to find yourself up against in the final 2: Margie and Lydia, or Bec and Brenda? Are you going to be sniffling to yourself about people not earning their place as you go to deposit your big fat winners cheque at the bank? THINK!
Not that Bec proved much smarter, giving her votes to Kasey, who has got to be the least threat out of anyone in the game at present.

So who do we think are the "2 favourites!" going up for nomination this week? If it is the tough vote they are suggesting, I'm guessing it must be 2 people out of Lydia/Margie/Graham.

Edited by SilverSpoon, Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:28 AM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:38 AM

I think it's Michelle & Bek.

Australienne

Australienne

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

I think it's Michelle and Alex! They seem to be the most well-liked out of all the remaining contestants IMO.

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

I think it's sobbing Michelle and Graham. Lydia might gift him the 1kg penalty. He probably hasn't trained much with Alex being gone.

Kurt is quite the honey.

Full Wk 12 recap is up, link as above.

Evan14

Evan14

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

How much more of Michelle/Hamish are they going to shove down our throats?
I find their supposed romance nauseating in the extreme.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

I wish BL was on Thursday nights, it's to long to wait.

Photos

Click on the link to view them.

Spoilers

Michelle
http://img.photobuck...zo/Michelle.jpg

Margie
http://img.photobuck...azzo/Margie.jpg

Brenda
http://img.photobuck...azzo/Brenda.jpg

Lisa
http://img.photobuck...azzo/Lisa-1.jpg

Edited by GizmoD, Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:06 PM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 6:12 AM

From the TV Week:

After Lisa Ritherdon selflessly gave up her chance to return to The Biggest Loser, TV WEEK spoke to Lisa and fellow Red Team member Lydia Hantke and found out it was the cheating that pushed her away.

"The eliminated contestants had all water-loaded for their first weigh-in to get back into the house, but I didn't take part in it and neither did Lisa," 34-year-old Lydia claims.

Water-loading is a strategy where contestants drink three to four litres of water to register a bigger number on the scales, so it appears they lost a greater amount the following week.

Having discovered this was allegedly occurring, Lisa, 42, immediately decided she wanted to continue her weight-loss journey back at home.

"Once it went to singles, it became ruthless in the house and we lost that camaraderie," the mother of two explains. "Everyone was plotting and scheming the only people I could trust were Lydia and Simon [Hurley]," Lisa reveals. "I started to crack and I thought, 'I can't deal with this! I'm here to better myself.'"

But it seems that lofty goal wasn't shared by all.

"They didn't celebrate your achievements," Lisa notes. "They looked down on them because you'd become the threat and were going to take something from them."

Meanwhile, Former Black Team member Alex Zorzi has been dealing with a respiratory infection while competing in the show and this week we'll see him push himself to dangerous levels.

"It felt like someone was punching me [in my chest] and they rushed me to hospital," Alex tells TV WEEK of being struck down with severe pain.

Having been a heavy smoker for more than 30 years, Alex admits the intense training triggered the infection.

It felt like I was having a panic attack," the 50-year-old says.

Will Alex's health crisis have an effect on his place in the game? And will this weakness see him leave the house earlier than he would like?

When did Lisa selfless give up her chance to get back in the house?

She said she didn't waterload but she put on 3.2kg in the weigh in, when she came back.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:34 AM

Well, that was...frankly, idiotic. The contestants get a chance to vote out virtually the strongest competitor, the biggest threat in the house, and they vote out...someone who is very close to their goal weight, mentally iffy and no threat to anybody at all. My God, clearly brains aren't a requirement when BL auditions are held. *facepalm*

SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:25 AM

Yep, that was one dumbarse move.
I think Margie is one of those people who everyone secretly seeks approval from. She can be outright horrible to your face, but is charming enough that she manages to keep people wrapped around her little finger, with everyone desperate to be on her good side. Basically, I think people were too scared to vote her off, even though they had the total green light and nothing at all to stop them.
In any event, if they didn't vote her off today, I think she is a lock for the top 4. Is anyone realistically going to lose more weight than her by finale? I don't think Lydia has enough to lose, Alex I think will struggle to exercise more at home, Bek and Kasey don't have a snowballs, and I definitely can't see Graham stepping up to the plate.

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Well I don't expect Graham to think with his head, but Brenda? And Lydia too, with all her previous talk about others being stupid for not voting off the biggest threats. I'm just about resigned to Margie winning, as she's the only one using her brain.

Michelle and Bek are looking very slim.

Looks like Switzerland is next week. Tampon time this week.

Sunday's recap up:
veronicacheesequake.blogspot.com.au

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

I think the only reason Lydia voted for Michelle, is she thought Margie would be eliminated & it made her look like she was loyal.

She didn't show loyalty to Graham when she gave him the 1kg penalty.

SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:40 AM

Lydia: "Commando, if our dreams are coming true tomorrow, I'll see you in the morning". HA. Good one.

I still can't believe they didn't vote out Margie. Trying to hear Brenda justify her decision reminded me of that strange phenomenon where victims start to identify with and become attached to their kidnappers. I loved hearing Shannon run down the list of times Margie has screwed them over and therefore was unworthy of their leniance, there was a whole lot of "yeah!"'s and "exactly!!!"'s coming from my living room this evening.

I wasn't really feeling Bek's unfilfilled dream of wanting to work with kids, but her weight holding her back. I can understand "It's something I'd love to do one day", but weight being the obstacle? If it's just coming down to feeling confident, surely you could say the same for any job under the sun. Kind of glad Michelle left, so we didn't sit through the inevitable footage of, omigourd, singing in front of an audience, which has already been milked at least twice this season that I can think of, long after the cow was already dry from a few seasons back when they had that failed opera singer on the show. I did find Graham's dream quite touching.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:18 AM

Commando in leather on a motorbike - sigh, be still my beating heart.

Did they show Lydia's dream, did I miss something apart from her Commando dream - which, hee.

Evan14

Evan14

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

Yes, it beats me too why the other contestants didn't take the opportunity to vote strategically and get rid of Margie, or was it that they were sick & tired of the Michelle/Hamish stuff?
I betcha that Margie will definitely win now, and she's got Michelle Bridges in her corner too.

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

I wouldn't have eaten those floor-cakes. And Margie stepped on one in her big shoe!

Poor Brenda. Her ex certainly inspires passion in women. Graham ought to seek him out and take notes.

Tuesday recap is up, as above.

Australienne

Australienne

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:55 PM

Why do the contestants think it was okay for Lydia to gain re-entry into the house after being eliminated but not Bek and Brenda? These people are so very, very illogical.

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

I almost felt sorry for Margie when Michelle was hauling her over the coals for eating an extra piece of fruit. I don't blame her for being hungry.

This show just seems so unsound when it comes to health that I question the integrity of the trainers by being involved in it. Margie has to burn 600 calories on her own before she even starts training with Michelle? And then has to grovel while explaining that she ate an extra nectarine, a crime for which Michelle seems keen to flog her. Jesus.

I know it's part of the game and that they all need to lose big numbers each week, and this is just what you need to do to win. All the contestants knew what they were signing up for. But it's really ridiculous. Burning around 1000 calories a day, probably eating the same amount, no wonder Margie's starving.

The only trainer I like (besides Commando, for being smoking hot) is Tiffiny because she at least seems to have some compassion for her team members.

OzBeck

OzBeck

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

The only trainer I like (besides Commando, for being smoking hot) is Tiffiny because she at least seems to have some compassion for her team members.

I think Tiffiny is a little more grounded in reality from what I saw of her treatment of Michelle during her binge. Tiffiny accepts that binges will happen but taught Michelle to burn it off and then forget about it.

Espy

Espy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:15 AM

I thought Tiffiny handled Michelle's binges really well. She was kind while having a practical approach that I think will have helped Michelle immensely. It seemed like a rare instance when a trainer took the long view, ie. gave advice and counselled with Michelle's long term well being in mind.

Contrast that to Michelle Bridges castigating Margie for eating an extra nectarine.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

So Graham is now prepared to vote Lydia off because she's a threat after a talk with the commando but he wasn't prepared to vote Margie off this week? <snort> I'll believe it when I see it.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Graham did say last elimination, that Margie saved him a few times & he was just repaying the favour.

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Graham needs someone to tell him what to do. That someone is probably not Lydia though, potentially awkward dinner-date coming up tonight!

Another breakdown from Lydia.

Anyone who was half paying attention to the promos knows who doesn't make it to Switzerland. Good one, editing gibbons.

Recap is up on my blog.