The Biggest Loser (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

10922 replies to this topic

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

By the way, did everyone see that Simon's ex-wife said their marriage breakup had nothing to do with him being fat and everything to do with financial issues? Lisa better run.

It did sound fishy to me the way he told it, 15 perfect years of marriage and then she just walks out one day because he's fat. It sounded even more simplistic to me than Brenda's "my partner left me because I couldn't have kids".

Good riddance, Luke. I hope they find a way of bringing Shane back.

Simon is a passive-aggressive Black snake in the grass. Time he put himself up - the Reds would not vote him out. Happy to let Graham, or Alex, or Shane keep being the fall guys, and stay in the background.

I don't have a problem with it. The black team has a "gentlemen's agreement" that the lowest percentage loser goes up to elimination, and they've stuck to it since week one. If Graham keeps losing the smallest numbers week after week, and even GoCommando says that he doesn't work hard enough, he doesn't deserve to be spared, in my opinion.

But this time I actually want Bek to leave. She talks smack about almost everyone, but her own numbers haven't been very impressive either. Someone should tell her about sitting in glass houses and throwing stones.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

Is it just me, or is everyone getting really embarrassed on Michelle's part every time they bring up her "romance" with Hamish? She is starting to squirm when it's mentioned and it's painful to watch. At least Lisa and Simon seem sincere in their affection for one another.

Because she's being MADE to do this. She came in with this "never been kissed" storyline and the show handlers are embarrassing her into reciprocating with Hamish. The girl has to feel horrible, because now the shoe is on the other foot from her previous situation (no doubt many times in her life she's had plenty of people try to let her down easy).

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:30 AM

More here on Luke's booting. I have to admit, I really don't have much sympathy for him. I don't like nasty drunks and what little we were shown of his behaviour when really rat-arsed doesn't say much for his character if you happen to subscribe, as I tend to do, to the theory of "in vino veritas".

Meanwhile, I said it upthread and I'll say it again - I still find it hard to believe Michelle has "never been kissed". Yes, she is overweight but she is very pretty and I have seen far worse-looking overweight people having no trouble attracting a mate or mates. I think the gibbons are playing a bit fast and loose with the truth this season - well, more so than usual!

OzBeck

OzBeck

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

Margie any Lydia FTW! I've done a complete 180 on those two. Margie's shit-stirring of Hamish whilst they were on the platforms was so funny. Her encouragement of her team during the race was great; Michelle's right, they don't need Michelle to train them with Margie around. And Lydia telling Alex she was proud of him after he crossed the finish line, so nice of her.

I must admit my heart did warm up a little at how proud Hamish was to cross the line second (not that there was any reason he shouldn't have beaten Alex (who had a boot on his foot) and Selena (who even Tiffiny is starting to realise is lazy)). And speaking of Alex, how awesome was he? That's determination right there.

Poor Casey copped a flogging from Shannan, but at least she was attempting to do the plank/hover properly unlike some of the others who had their bums 10 feet in the air.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Bek needs to go home. Loud and obnoxious.

Selina needs to go home. A lazy excuse maker and self-created victim.

Hamish needs to go home. I don't buy any breakthrough from him. He's still a whiny crybaby and similar to Selina an excuse maker and victim.

Can we have a triple expulsion?

Heck, Graham's starting to annoy too. And Lydia and Margie only barely have some forgiveness from what a pair of cackling bitches they were early on--mostly because what they said about Selina has seeming proved true. And yeah, as someone mentioned, Simon's integrity is suspicious.

What a dis-likeable group overall.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

Bek did go home.

And I would have though tonight showed Margie is still a cackling bitch, hypocritical too given she only directs her ire at those she dislikes and not at those she likes who are just as bad ie. Graham.

Tonight was schoolyard bully stuff, 6 against Hamish, I mean really. It speaks ill of Alex that he didn't object to it. I don't care how pathetic Hamish is, to gang up on him like that is far worse.

jaytray

jaytray

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 3:37 PM

The only way to salvage this season is to kick them all off and split the prize money between the trainers who've had to put up with this bunch of losers. They're the only ones I'm cheering for at this point.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

The only way to salvage this season is to kick them all off and split the prize money between the trainers who've had to put up with this bunch of losers.

"Losers" in the more traditional sense of the word, yes.

Tonight was schoolyard bully stuff, 6 against Hamish, I mean really.

And yet its Hamish... so I have some trouble finding my sympathy (in other words, if it makes the others look worse it certainly doesn't make him look any better).

And Selina? Honestly, when an old man wearing a foot cast can beat you in a race? You are pathetic. You could see that "I don't care/I can't be bothered" look on her face when she was walking (I won't say running) the race. It was the same look I saw when she was digging in slow motion the other day. Like the concept of actually moving her body faster isn't even worth considering (and if you point it out to her, then you are "bullying" her).

gryphon

gryphon

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

And speaking of Alex, how awesome was he? That's determination right there.

When he was running in the race, Commando was talking to him and you could hear how impressed Commando was. Good show, Alex. Now Graham has got to pull his arm out and show us something.

When Mich was hugged by Hamish before the White team left campus I just cringed. It's obvious that he is much more into her than she into him.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:23 AM

The only way to salvage this season is to kick them all off and split the prize money between the trainers who've had to put up with this bunch of losers. They're the only ones I'm cheering for at this point.

Preach it. My dislike list is now about three times as long as my like list. It makes it very difficult to care what happens to these people.

Silmarien

Silmarien

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 3:23 AM

The ad for tonight has Hamish weeping on the bike and saying something like "I just wish I could say I miss her" or something else creepy like that.

He's got stalker written all over him. :p

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:18 AM

And yet its Hamish... so I have some trouble finding my sympathy (in other words, if it makes the others look worse it certainly doesn't make him look any better).

Hamish is weak and pathetic but he's not really a bad guy, he's not evil he doesn't treat others with contempt.......

The ad for tonight has Hamish weeping on the bike and saying something like "I just wish I could say I miss her" or something else creepy like that.

He's got stalker written all over him. :p

And after the episode it seems his feelings are at least somewhat reciprocated.

More evidence of Margie's bullying tonight, its now obvious how she targets the weaker people. And the hypocrisy over the black team choosing Lisa was breathtaking.

Ambrose's Auntie

Ambrose's Auntie

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:55 AM

More evidence of Margie's bullying tonight, its now obvious how she targets the weaker people. And the hypocrisy over the black team choosing Lisa was breathtaking.

Could not agree more. We'll choose the weakest person with an injury from our "allied" team, but don't you dare do the same thing. Lisa showed class and guts, unlike her red colleague.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Hamish is weak and pathetic but he's not really a bad guy, he's not evil he doesn't treat others with contempt......

Didn't say he was.

More evidence of Margie's bullying tonight, its now obvious how she targets the weaker people.

If "bully" is in the dictionary, Margie's picture is there. She also has zero understanding of sportsmanship, which certainly is at odds with what she says about her background.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:48 AM

Could not agree more. We'll choose the weakest person with an injury from our "allied" team, but don't you dare do the same thing. Lisa showed class and guts, unlike her red colleague.

Yeah and in addition the hypocrisy of Margie in harrassing Hamish for filling up Red's container with rocks when they targeted Hamish first. I also really liked Lisa's attitude.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 4:30 AM

Well done show for making it easy for the bullies to win, well done Margie for lying to justify your decisions (Graham a workhorse?? really this must be a Graham we haven't seen at all).

And I am just about done with this season, I like Michelle but she's not interesting enough to stomach the inevitable charge to a Margie or Lydia win and the stupidity from idiots like Graham and Selena which allows it.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 5:21 PM

They aren't bullying them.

Hamish would have gone ages ago, except he ate his way in the house.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

Hamish would have gone ages ago, except he ate his way in the house.

Hamish practically ATE the house.

Margie IS two faced though. Both things are true.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Margie isn't two faced. She tells them to their face.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

I wonder what they're going to do with poor old Punkin now that his team is all gone? I don't think, even at this relatively early stage, there is any way a woman won't win BL again this year.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Punkin, will train the elimatinated contestants

Edited by GizmoD, Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:18 PM.

Apolsenc

Apolsenc

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

I enjoyed Selena's hair becoming progressively more feral. She looked awesome at Weigh-in !

Commando's right, Graham is a pork chop. He'll keep dumbly putting himself up. And just how is it that Alex keeps inspiring everyone?

Margie, Lydia and Selena were also dumb - better to take out the big lunk before he gets a clue and everyone else plateaus.

I reckon Selena's jealous that Michelle got a bf (even if it is Hamish) - did she forget Michelle saved her last week when Bek was gunning for her?

well done Margie for lying to justify your decisions (Graham a workhorse??

More like knackers meat.

So the bullies ganged up and booted harmless Hamish, now it's Selena's turn, again.

Someone please keep Margie away from those sweet doggies!

Week 6 recap up:
veronicacheesequake.blogspot.com.au

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

The Selena hair was so staged.

Morrolan

Morrolan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 3:25 AM

Yes they were, targeting weaker members, verballing them every challenge, ganging up 6 against 1 behind his back to get him eliminated, thats bullying behaviour.

Sure Hamish was weak but he didn't deserve what he got.

Margie isn't two faced. She tells them to their face.

So when did she tell Hamish that they and the black team were hatching a plan to get rid of him?

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 3:53 AM

As if Hamish didn't know he was being targetted.

She may have told him, but we weren't shown it.

Edited by GizmoD, Mar 6, 2012 @ 3:54 AM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

I thought it was completely wrong and inappropriate to put one contestant in charge of another's training - especially Margie and Selena. Imo it just gave Margie license to bully and feel even more superior and holier than thou than she already does. I suspect that Selena has been damaged quite a bit by bullying and that yelling just makes her shut down because of it, she seems to respond much better to a gentler approach. I feel really uncomfortable with the way she is being treated and her response.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 6:06 AM

I didn't mind the episode tonight. I would have found that calorie board challenge pretty difficult because of all the different quantities of foods there, so props to Lisa for her efforts. She's one of the few I actually like.

I can certainly admire Margie and Lydia for the hard work they put in but I still don't really like them as people. I particularly would not like to meet Lydia in a dark alley - she's a bit scary.

I must say that this season's tactic of having younger and older teams is showing Gen Y in a particularly bad light. Michelle should really have at least given Lydia a better run for her money in the sit up challenge, and as for Selena, I can completely understand why people get frustrated with her. It's difficult to see what she contributes to the White Team except the ability to lose big numbers. Other than that she seems to be just an irritation to them. But I agree with you too, nozycat. If she would rather be at home at this stage I certainly would not blame her, but I haven't got much faith in her ability to succeed out of the house, unfortunately.

Edited by katisha66, Mar 6, 2012 @ 6:08 AM.

GizmoD

GizmoD

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

Selena doesn't even respond to the gentler approach.

I don't see it as bullying, Selena shouldn't be there.

You can tell, she doesn't want to put in the hard yards & if things aren't going her way, she says they are bullying her.

MarcMav2

MarcMav2

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 7:53 AM

Hence the reason that she was eliminated in the first week.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

Just a reminder for the thread: your opinions about the show and the people on it aren’t facts. Thanks.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 6, 2012 @ 1:32 PM.