The Biggest Loser (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

10922 replies to this topic

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:01 AM

I guess it had to happen, seeing as we're frantically chasing after the US in an attempt to have the highest population of unfit, unhealthy slobs - hee! You can even enter here, if you so desire!

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:02 AM

I'm so tempted to tell someone I know to go on this. Her arse is huge. But I hate the woman so having her on there would drive me crazy.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:08 AM

Hell, I'm tempted to go on it myself! I just love the idea of public humiliation and being harangued by stick-thin trainers.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:09 AM

I've been a good girl and I'm down to 78kgs now (171.6lbs), so if I'd known this was coming, I could have stuck with the cookie dough and gone for this. Dammit!

Phee

Phee

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 9:43 AM

MrPhee is in much the same situation Andrew's Mommy. Unfortunately for him, he started getting fit and losing weight a while back, so there's no way he'd get selected if he applied.

I actually have some hope that this show won't completely suck, unlike practically every other Aussie version of whatever reality show. We're getting the same trainers from the US show, aren't we? Actually might be interesting to see obese Aussie bogan men giving shit to that Jillian bitch.

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:33 PM

When I told HousemateMel about the show, I could see her thinking about applying but then she remembered the first scenes of The Biggest Loser 2 (US STyle) and she said, 'I am not stuffing my face for nobody, that's just extra stuff to work off' and then for the next 5 minutes we came up with hilarious ways of pretending you were stuffing your face without stuffing it.

Francie

Francie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:42 PM

I would love to go on this show just to work out with the US trainers. I was so excited last night when I found out they are coming to do the show.
Actually are they coming or are they flying the possible Biggest Loser's to the US?

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 6:53 PM

I'm sure the ad said they were coming down here, but its much cheaper to fly two people out than to fly 20 or so out.

jennefir

jennefir

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 8:45 PM

I'm sure the ad said they were coming down here, but its much cheaper to fly two people out than to fly 20 or so out.

Plus they'd have to pay for two seats for each person. The asses on the american contestants are still HUGE!

Francie

Francie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 25, 2005 @ 10:55 PM

Good point!!

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 10:05 PM

Don't forget - entries close this Friday! :)

Djelibeybi

Djelibeybi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 10:07 PM

Is it wrong to wish I was slightly fatter, so that I'd have a chance of making it onto the show? *sigh* I love the trainers and have absolutely no exercise-oriented self-motivation, so the idea of the show just works for me.

Too bad I'm only "pudgy" with a suicidal eating habits as opposed to actually being fat/obese/eligible.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 10:12 PM

I'm afraid I more than qualify. I just have to get past the horror of having people at TWoP snarking upon me like I snark upon Australian Idol contestants!

Francie

Francie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 10:45 PM

But we snark since the Australian Idol contestants are boring!

Laurie

Laurie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 12:29 AM

Katisha, we'd be very kind... if you were able to indicate you were a twopper... maybe order some Tubey badges before you go on? Then we'd know a protected species, and not bitch too hard!

TallulahBelle

TallulahBelle

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 12:40 AM

There was MUCH excitement at Chez Belle when we saw the ad for this. Unfortunately although only one of us (PGiddy) is a stick figure, my other housemate Fosse and myself are probably not big enough (even though we could both use a little help to shift some kilo's) if you
The opp to get close to Trainers Bob&Gillian though . . . ??

Doughnuts. I need doughnuts : stat!

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 1:45 AM

Katisha, we'd be very kind... if you were able to indicate you were a twopper... maybe order some Tubey badges before you go on? Then we'd know a protected species, and not bitch too hard!

Hehe, thanks - nice to know. But don't worry - if there was a chance in hell my entry would be selected (which I doubt it will), I would realise I was fair game. I just think I'd have to swear off TWoP!

Djelibeybi

Djelibeybi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 1:58 AM

I'm now just hopeful they film this somewhere around Melbourne so my chance of bumping into Bob is increased. That boy is wa-haaaay too hot. I'd pay money to see all those tatoos properly... and even more money to search the rest of his body for more.

Francie

Francie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 7:19 PM

katisha66 - you can just come back when you are looking fab and say - who cares what you think, I look hot and I met Bob!

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 11:14 PM

Ack! Has anybody ever read the terms and conditions they stitch you up with on these shows? I think I'm gonna have to be a bwark-bwark chicken and not do this.

puddytat

puddytat

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 11:20 PM

I could do with that... but I probably don't have enough to lose. Is there a minimum that you need to be overweight by?

Djelibeybi

Djelibeybi

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2005 @ 1:47 AM

They don't mention anything on the website, but I'd imagine they'd adopt a Reverse Virgin Blue hiring policy and go for the bigger applicants.

BeingBoring

BeingBoring

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2005 @ 9:03 AM

Looks like they've started the selection process.

I don't know- is 6000 a lot to apply for an Australian reality show? I know they repeat it ad nauseum, but I can't remember how many they say try out on Idol and BB.

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2005 @ 3:26 PM

25.000 for Aussie Idol this year.

6000 is a lot for people to admit that they have a problem.

D291173

D291173

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2005 @ 5:25 PM

For a population of 20 milion, I'm surprised they could only find 6000 people who were sufficiently famewhorish as to sa they're fat. I would imagine that for at least half of those 6000 people the producers would be ticking the box marked "Fat, but not fat enough" or "Fat? Pig's arse you're fat"

Libellule84

Libellule84

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 4, 2005 @ 6:21 AM

Apparently, Ch10 is going to run TBLA like Big Brother, so that there will be a nightly update show.

I don't know how it would work in this format- challenges/ rewards every night? It will be interesting to see how this altered version works.

Another thing I was wondering was how the contestants will go with the very touchy-feely approach of Bob & Jillian. I think they're great trainers, but I can imagine a lot of Aussies just laughing at some of the over-the-top - and over-enunciated, Jillian- exhortations they make. And, literally, the touching.

Very excited though, does anyone know when filming begins?

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2005 @ 6:28 AM

For a population of 20 milion, I'm surprised they could only find 6000 people who were sufficiently famewhorish as to sa they're fat.

Or maybe, D291173, if they're anything like me, they saw it as a chance to get free help and the fact that you have to be photographed puffing and panting in tight bike shorts in front of thousands of viewers was something to be put up with rather than enjoyed if it helped achieve the goal. Meh, I dunno. Probably there are a few famewhores in there, but I'm thinking (unless they're Anthony Sumbati types) they'll mostly be people who are 12kg overweight at best and therefore would not qualify. (I'm thinking people like Vesna from BB5)

Djelibeybi

Djelibeybi

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2005 @ 4:07 PM

Hmmm... Bob... he can touch me any time he wants. There's no such thing as inappropriate touching from Bob!

Sorry, I lost my train of thought there.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2005 @ 7:12 AM

Oh goody. Nightly TBLA. Will there be an uncut version?? Except EWWWWWWWWWW.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2005 @ 7:22 AM

Surely this will be filmed well in advance, though? The final three in TBLUS had three months at home before their final weigh in. I dont see the Australian public waiting that long for a finale if its shown in real time. The only way I can see this working is if the show is done in a half hour primetime slot like BB, but the material was filmed months prior.

Still, if that is the case, its a big jump from an hour per week to two and a half hours per week. Thats a lot of screen time of fat people sweating on treadmills they are going to have to use as filler. The American show has barely any screen time devoted to workouts. Its mainly challenges, some relationship exposition, a weigh in, some vote strategising, the vote, exit interview.

With this format, it will have to be, like:
Monday: Vote fall out exposition. Workout footage.
Tuesday: Reward challenge / Temptation.
Wednesday: Workout footage.
Thursday: Weigh in.
Friday: Workout footage. Vote.
...and thats a lot of filler. Keeping in mind this is Channel 10, who have Big Brother, Inside Idol and a 1hr long results show, I wouldnt put it past them.

Off that topic, I watched the finale with three friends and everyone decided Bob was very, very geigh.