Code Word Clearance: Spoilers Only!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

414 replies to this topic

LTG

LTG

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2005 @ 3:19 PM

This thread is only for posting spoilers and posting direct questions about the spoiler. (Such questions might include, "Where did you get that spoiler?" or "What percentage of the episode do those casting sides include?")

If you are describing casting sides and they are very long, you have special dispensation to double post here. But please begin the second post with a reference to "LTG's special rule for double posting spoilers" so that other mods will know you have my blessing.

If you have questions, please check out the "announcements from the mod" thread.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 3:14 AM

To break in this new thread I should say that spoilers are up at Now Casting. I am not one for typing up all that info but the gist is that there is a an attack on a refugee camp in the Sudan. CJ tries to get the French and German Ambassadors to have one of their countries introduce a resolution in the UN. Someone from a refugee organization is trying to get the US involved.

Doug and Liz Westin are back, CJ asks to meet with Doug alone. Kate and CJ talk about CJ meeting with Liz and Kate asks if CJ told Liz something she says no. CJ and Doug meet in what is most likely a second meeting and he says the first thing he is going to do after he is declared the winner is demand a recount.

A big story is going to break and CJ has to prepare the Pres.

Josh is at the White House talking about schedules and the Pres is going to go to Austin to announce a new iniative and he and Will are talking about the campaign, most likely because Will is now the liason with the campaign.

And finally CJ nearly kills Gayle and CJ and Danny go on one perhaps two dates.

Edited by biakbiak, Oct 22, 2005 @ 3:17 AM.

The Bullpen

The Bullpen

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 7:21 AM

What I don't get is the scene with Josh and CJ and Will. To wit:

CJ opens the door and leans in. 

Josh - Hey.

CJ - The President is flying to Austin on Thursday to announce it will be the home of the nation's first Molecular Transport lab.  Would Congressman Santos like to join him?

Josh - Gee, I don't know.  Texas?  I'll have to get back to you on that.

CJ - Go to hell.

She leaves.  Will is confused.  The actor playing Will is playing it badly.

It's the last note about Will that particularly confuses me. For that, however, I'll go to the appropriate thread. :)

Also - for those not wanting to look up the sides -- the episode is called Internal Displacement.

Edited by The Bullpen, Oct 22, 2005 @ 7:23 AM.

SlyFoxDeveraux

SlyFoxDeveraux

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 1:49 PM

And finally CJ nearly kills Gayle and CJ and Danny go on one perhaps two dates.

Whoa! Man! That is so like... the plot of the episode then, in my mind. How much of the episode is that? Do you know?

Edited by SlyFoxDeveraux, Oct 22, 2005 @ 1:49 PM.

barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 4:22 PM

Not sure but there are four sides for the parts of:
Ambassador Franz (German ambassador)
Jacques Ormand (French ambassador)
Steve Lausen (from some refugee organisation)
Waitress (from CJ and Danny's date)

From what I can see it doesn't look like much of the episode at all.

janddkraz

janddkraz

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 4:24 PM

If you want to see the sides you can download them at the yahoo group for Aaron Sorkin...J.T.Y.L.T.K.

SlyFoxDeveraux

SlyFoxDeveraux

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 4:53 PM

...Can we download them for free? And what's the URL for this Sorkin thing?

The Bullpen

The Bullpen

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 5:00 PM

www.nowcasting.com --- register for free, click 'sides' on the top toolbar, type in 'west wing' (with no 'the'), add salt, enjoy.

NicestKidInTown

NicestKidInTown

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 5:03 PM

For those who don't want to register.

janddkraz

janddkraz

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 5:07 PM

http://movies.groups...Sorkin/messages

Aaron Sorkin, and YES they are free. :) Go to File.

Edited by janddkraz, Oct 22, 2005 @ 5:08 PM.

johnnyd80

johnnyd80

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 9:34 AM

I'll just ask the group once... do you want me to type up the side spoilers and post them or not? Since they're available for free elsewhere I don't want to waste my time if everyone is going to check them out there. But if most people want me to, let me know on the spoilers/speculation/discussion thread and I'll take care of it.

bewarne

bewarne

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 10:03 AM

I'd love to see your summary.

barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 10:57 AM

As I said in the other thread I didn't know that johnnyd was going to do these this time and figured we could share the burden around.
Here's the first lot typed up:

Teaser - CJ and Danny are having dinner
We join a page into the teaser. Danny is telling CJ that dignity isn’t his forte. They agree to order and CJ waves the waitress over. The waitress asks if they would like to hear the specials; Danny’s all ‘sure’ but CJ wants to know if the waitress is just going to read them off a list. She asks if they can read them themselves to save the waitress from having to ‘perform’. The waitress seems a bit perturbed by this but claims it’s fine and leaves.
CJ marvels at her having a night out and says it’s like a week in Aruba. Danny helpfully points out that it’s cold and dark. CJ misses the joke and tells Danny not to try and make her relax as ‘relaxing makes me nervous’. Danny suggests that they get a drink. CJ declines and asks why Danny asked to see her. Danny is surprised that CJ wants him to cut to the chase so quickly; she claims that the sooner she knows, the sooner she can react and then the sooner she can relax which is what Danny wants.
Danny cracks that he’s suffering from a little performance anxiety.
20 pages later and CJ is meeting with the French Ambassador, Jacques Ormand. They are discussing the situation in the Sudan. CJ wants to undermine financial support for the Sudanese government by placing sanctions on them. Ormand points out that this will create a massive humanitarian crisis. CJ agrees but suggests that formal condemnation from the European Union and student protests are yet to achieve anything. She also points out there is sufficient domestic support in France for firm action with which Ormand agrees. CJ dangles the prospect of supporting French arms sales to China in exchange for the French introducing a resolution at the UN. Ormand points out that the Chinese will veto (the resolution not the arms sales).
They discuss whether NATO could do the peacekeeping job before Ormand says that he thinks an African problem requires an African solution. CJ claims that that’s not working and it’s time everyone helped to clear up a situation they all allowed to happen. Ormand is affronted. He suggest the issue isn’t purely humanitarian as far as the United States is concerned. He blames the US for implementing and supporting the government in the first place. CJ concedes that the government has been a great source of intelligence on Islamic extremism but describes the US’s support as a calculation. Ormand wonders if the money American companies are still making by trading with killers on the New York stock exchange is also a calculation.
He tells CJ that France cannot introduce a UN resolution so obviously aimed at the Chinese and since the US is fond of calling itself the leader of the free world maybe it’s time for them to lead.
End of Act 1
7 pages later and CJ is on the phone with Danny. She shouts ‘Get off now mister’ and Margaret comes in to see if she’s ok. She claims she is and send Margaret out again. As CJ closes the door she realises that the cord is caught round Gail’s bowl and is about to pull it onto the floor. She drops the phone and grabs the fish bowl. Margaret re-enters to see CJ hugging the fishbowl with the phone on the floor. Margaret cracks that CJ obviously wants her privacy! She tells CJ that Steve Lausen from refugee’s rights is here. CJ asks for a minute before Margaret sends him in. She hangs up the phone, re-positions the fishbowl and goes to call Steve in.
Steve gets straight to the point asking CJ if she’s aware of the attacks on the displacement camps. CJ is. Steve asks why there has been no official response yet from the administration. Steve starts reeling off figures about numbers killed. He accuses CJ of letting it happen on ‘your watch’. He asks for strong pre-emptive action led by the Bartlet administration. CJ points out that the logical extension of this is 10 years of US nation building in a part of the world where ‘many consider us infidels’. Steve isn’t convinced by this and asks when stopping genocide became naďve. He just wants his nation to assert what little is left of her moral authority. CJ tells him that the White House is monitoring the situation carefully. Steve demands 5 minutes with the President but CJ tells him he just had it and she’s late for a meeting.
She walks into Margaret’s office, who lets her know that she is meeting the German ambassador in the Mural Room when she gets back. CJ says great and asks Margaret to arrange a meeting with Doug Westin for that night. Alone.
End of Act 2

Tom Farley

Tom Farley

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:10 AM

Johnnyd80 and barmyarmy, we all worship the ground Mrs. V walks on for all her spoiler delivery. We could easily do the same for you. (No offense, Mrs. V.)

Edited by Tom Farley, Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:11 AM.

barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:17 AM

Here's the rest. I can't measure up to Mrs. V but I'm happy to pitch in and help.

Start of Act 3 – CJ is meeting Ambassador Franz
CJ and Franz are discussing the situation in the Sudan. CJ notes that as long as oil revenues flow into Khartoum the humanitarian situation will continue to deteriorate. She wants the German’s to produce a UN resolution. Franz points out that the Chinese will veto any such resolution. CJ isn’t convinced.
Franz also points out that CJ already asked the French to do it without success. He asks CJ why the US is unwilling to introduce such a resolution herself.
CJ jumps to the moral high ground and claims that right now the US is doing everything they can to prevent WW3 in Kazakhstan and are concerned about the Sudan as well. Franz tells her to focus on humanitarian needs then. He tells her that it is crazy to mix human rights with oil exports.
She offers him the same deal she offered the French over arms sales to China. A note says that Franz is interested. He is worried about the effect of sanctions on a Diesel Electric plant currently being built by the Germans. CJ tells him not to worry – it will be factored in. He agrees to CJ’s request and notes that she is very persuasive. He wonders how she will persuade the Chinese not to veto. CJ says that she can be very persuasive.
Cut to CJ’s meeting with Doug. Doug asks CJ is she knows what the first thing he’s going to do after 'they declare me the winner?' CJ doesn’t know. He says that he’s going go to ask for a recount. Clearly Doug finds this a lot funnier than CJ does.
15 pages later and Josh and Will are meeting in the Roosevelt Room. Josh asks Will for a list of Schedule C employees who would be willing to take unpaid leave and campaign. Will promises to put a list together. Josh requests the ‘least humiliating public speakers possible’
CJ leans in and informs Josh that the President is flying to Austin to announce it will be the new home of the nation’s first Molecular Transport Lab. She wonders if Santos would like to join the President. Josh gives a sarky answer resulting in CJ telling him to ‘go to hell’.
Cut to CJ’s office. She’s watching Steve Lausen talking on CNBC. Steve tells the anchor that he is embarrassed that the US is content to stand by and watch and let other countries lead when it comes to the key moral questions of our time. He goes on to say that the US has called it genocide but refused to lead.
Kate enters and asks CJ how her conversation with Liz went. CJ describes it as very odd. Kate confirms that ‘you didn’t tell her’ and CJ replies that she didn’t feel she had to. Kate asks CJ if she wants to get some food and discovers that CJ has a date with Danny. She offers to walk CJ out but CJ tells her to ‘go ahead’ as she has to talk to the President. She tells Kate that the stories going to break and that it’s going to be terrible and that she wants him to hear it from her. Margaret knocks to tell CJ that the President is ready for her. Kate leaves, CJ walks towards the Oval and we cut to CJ’s date with Danny. She’s telling him how men are like salmon; ‘swimming upstream, hosing down the riverbed with their indiscriminate seed.’ Danny interrupts her to repeat ‘indiscriminate seed’ but she continues anyway, ‘until they die bloated and spent, belly up in the sun.’ Danny wants CJ to quit sweet-talking him. CJ suggests that men like salmon actually deserve to be taken out by a bear paw at the waterfall. Danny surmises that she’s having some trust issues. CJ’s friend the waitress approaches and asks what CJ’s dessert policy is? CJ doesn’t get it straight away but realises the waitress is talking about her reading the specials. CJ says she would quite like to be spared the monologue. The waitress says she’ll get them some more water followed by ‘Oh gee, I’m sorry. I’ll shut up and leave now.’ CJ reckons the waitress hates her guts; Danny agrees that she does a bit. CJ apologises about the other night leading Danny to ask why?
That’s it although I would guess from the circular composition of the episode this would be the last scene.
I reckon thats 25% of the episode btw.

Edited by barmyarmy, Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:44 AM.

Obsessheen

Obsessheen

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:32 AM

Cut to CJ’s meeting with Doug. Doug asks CJ is she knows what the first thing he’s going to do after being elected is? CJ doesn’t know. He says that he’s going go to ask for a recount. Clearly Doug finds this a lot funnier than CJ does.

Doug actually asks CJ if she knows what the first thing he's going to do after being "declared the winner" not "after being elected". Just one tiny point - but it could be significant.

Many thanks for typing these up barmyarmy.

barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 11:42 AM

Thanks. I've edited my initial post.

SlyFoxDeveraux

SlyFoxDeveraux

Posted Oct 23, 2005 @ 1:18 PM

I just checked AskAusiello and he answered my question that I asked! I feel all special. I know some people have tried forever to get there questioned answered, and here I get some West Wing info on the first try! Any-dang-ways...

Question: I heard Mary-Louise Parker was scheduled to return to The West Wing this season, but I figure she's got her hands full with Weeds. Do you know what the story is? — Chris

Ausiello: WW producer Eli Attie says Mary-Louise is "currently not in any episodes, but there are many surprises to come this season!" That Eli is such a little tease.

dwcanuck

dwcanuck

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 27, 2005 @ 8:44 PM

Hi there – new poster – first post. Longtime WW fan since Season 1. Have lurked here awhile.

Here’s a new casting side for an “Intern” in 7.11 "Internal Displacement" – it doesn’t seem to add much to the story but appears to come just prior to the phone call from Danny where CJ nearly causes Gail’s fishbowl to crash to the ground:

INT CJ’S OFFICE – DAY TWO

CJ’s at her desk. The phone’s ringing thru the open door. No one answers.

CJ: Margaret, can you get that?

No response, CJ gets up, heads into

INT MARGARET’S OFFICE –CONTINUOUS

There’s a female intern sitting at Margaret’s desk

CJ: Where’s Margaret?
INTERN: She stepped out.
CJ: And you are . . . ?
INTERN: The new intern. (making small talk) I hear you like a double shot, light on the soy, caramel-chai mochachino with whip on top.
CJ: Not exactly. So where is she?
INTERN: Getting your coffee.
CJ: And you are . . . ?
INTERN: The new intern.
(beat)
She told me to sit here and NOT answer the phones
(the phone keeps ringing)
unless it’s an emergency
(beat)
is there a way you can tell?

CJ’s had enough.

CJ: you can go now

That's it - I have to say, I am a huge fan of the show, and am hanging in with it even though there's no question that it has lost much of its intellectual sharpness and has gutted a lot of the character relationships. But a scene like this is an example of something that makes one wonder - what was the point of that?? It seems a cheap laugh at the expense of an intern - and is it a coincidnce that the intern is female? Now maybe the scene might not even make the air, or maybe the scene will fit into the larger narrative structure once we see the whole episode. Or maybe, the "intern" fits in as a pun since there seems a serious issue in this episode, dealing with "INTERNal displacement" as a euphemism for refugees as victims of calculated genocide in the Sudan.

Mind you, if that's the case - the pun is almost an insult to the serious issue ...

Anyway, it's a snippet of spoiler, seemingly inconsequential, but there it is. thought I might as well be "useful" in my first post.

Nonredhead

Nonredhead

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2005 @ 10:04 PM

I think this looks like a reason for CJ to have to answer the phone herself in a funny way. Meaning she can't duck Danny's call.

Or maybe, the "intern" fits in as a pun since there seems a serious issue in this episode, dealing with "INTERNal displacement" as a euphemism for refugees as victims of calculated genocide in the Sudan.

I think its also internal displacement in CJ's life with Danny coming back and of course what ever is happening with Liz and Doug. I am very excited about this title.

Edited by Nonredhead, Oct 27, 2005 @ 10:39 PM.

Sprojunky

Sprojunky

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 12:13 AM

I am a huge fan of the show, and am hanging in with it even though there's no question that it has lost much of its intellectual sharpness and has gutted a lot of the character relationships.

Newbie dwcanuck has said in seventeen (hmmmm...) words what I've been trying to articulate for two years. Bravo.

I'll find another thread for my praise, though. C'mon over to The Meet Market and introduce yourself!

Edited by Sprojunky, Oct 28, 2005 @ 1:47 AM.

barmyarmy

barmyarmy

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 2:13 AM

On the new spoiler we have for the intern on page 32 it doesn't follow straight on to the old page 33. There's obviously been a script re-write. If you notice the new scene is scene 8A and 8B and page 33 is scene 10.

LTG

LTG

Stalker

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 7:18 AM

As a general rule, please don't just type the sides into a post -- it raises copyright issues. Instead, describe the contents of the sides in your own words.

mmb8446

mmb8446

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 8:24 AM

Why are there so many spoiler sections? Can't we all just use the same one?

Ozzyols

Ozzyols

Posted Oct 28, 2005 @ 8:39 AM

mb8446 can I direct you to the "How should we handle the spoilers" poll LTG conducted. That pretty much explains the new spoiler policy.

Highly Gifted

Highly Gifted

Posted Oct 29, 2005 @ 1:38 PM

And yet, we are still analyzing spoilers in here.

Steener

Steener

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:12 PM

Posted this in spoiler spec because they were discussing it, but I guess it applies here as well. This is from an article today in the Detroit Free Press:

With limited commercial interruptions planned, the debate episode, which also features other characters from "The West Wing" political world, will have about 10 additional minutes of actual show than the typical 42-minute episode.

jenn328

jenn328

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 4:16 PM

Ginger, get the popcorn!

westwinger247

westwinger247

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 10:08 PM

The latest sides are out for episode 12, called "Duck and Cover"

kelkon

kelkon

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 11:05 PM

If you don't want to go to the sides, I can provide this VERY sketchy brief:

* Nuke reactor accident in San Andreao, CA. Potential meltdown of the core in a reactor. President orders evacuation of area and over the course of the ep., Will is briefing crazed press and says Bartlet is headed out there.

* Seems Will and some HHS guy get into it.

* CJ and Kate are hanging out with Bartlet, consulting over the crisis and what to do.

* Donna (Yeah! The only reason I check the sides!) is with Josh at a "Rock the Vote" type rally where Santos and wife are making appearance. Upon news of the accident, Josh tells Bram to wrap it up.

* Talk of Vinick beng pro-nuke, so this could bode well for Santos.

have no idea how much of the show the sides cover - I'm sure way less than half. I dunno.

This isn't even close to the fine, fine job others do, but I thought it may be of some interest....

On another spoiler note, did anyone happen to catch Smits on Ellen today? Curious if he said anything good....