Party of One: Unpopular Opinions About TV

• Please log in to reply

28235 replies to this topic

neurochick

neurochick

Couch Potato

Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

I think BBC America was stupid for canceling Copper.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 PM

Sheldon doesn't annoy me any more than the other BBT characters. I think they all have their flaws. I also don't find it unbelievable that they would be friends with him (with the exception of Wolowitz, but it's not unusual for there to be people who wouldn't otherwise choose to be friends in a group like that). The only thing I don't buy is why Amy would want to be his girlfriend. He obviously doesn't fulfill her emotional or physical needs. But that's not a UO. 

Also, I love how much effort Raj puts into coming up with fun stuff for his friends to do. I'd be happy to be friends with him. I don't know if that is necessarily a UO, but he certainly gets no respect for it in show. 

rese1975

rese1975

Loyal Viewer

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

I think BBC America was stupid for canceling Copper.

I think so too. The show had some minor issues that should have tweaked in the third season.

BiteMeBilly

BiteMeBilly

Loyal Viewer

Posted Yesterday, 05:37 PM

Wait, liking Sheldon is an unpopular opinion?  I'm not the biggest TBBT fan, but Sheldon is the best thing about it, IMO.  Jim Parsons is very talented.

kiddo82

kiddo82

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Sheldon is one of those characters who I love on TV but wouldn't be able to stand in real life. I watch the show for Sheldon and/or Amy and sometimes I actually see his point about certain social conventions. (The idea of gift giving and reciprocity, for one). I don't really care about either Leonard or Raj but I am so turned off by Wolowitz it's not even funny.

hcs

hcs

Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 PM

I love Sheldon, it's Amy I can't stand. I liked her in the beginning when she was as awkward and socially backward but now that her only purpose seems to be getting Sheldon in a sexual relationship yuk.  I love Penny and she is my fav character and it's the friendship between Amy and Sheldon that I watch the show for..  I believe that she actually cares about all the guys even Wolowitz. Would I like to hang out with them in real life of course not . But then I can't think of anyone I like in my real life that I would like to watch on TV.