Party of One: Unpopular Opinions About TV

• Please log in to reply

28219 replies to this topic

Betsyb

Betsyb

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Community UO: I think Jeff-Annie would be literally one of the worst couples ever on TV, and even now their scenes are my least favorite part of any episode. The only chemistry I see between them is of the distinctly creepy variety, and their interactions make both characters (and particularly Annie) vastly less likable to me. I like Annie so, so much more when interacting with any of the non-Jeff characters, though another UO is that I don't think Allison Brie is all that special in terms of either looks or acting talent. She's fine, just not a particular favorite of mine.

I agree 100%. But my Community UO is that I think Yvette Nicole Brown is the best of the females on the show. I really enjoy Britta, personally. But I think YNB's comedic timing is the one thing that has saved Shirley from fading away into total obscurity.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Switched at Birth:

I don't think it was all that surprising or "out of character" or anything for Emmett to cheat on Bay. He usually comes off like a self centered, wannabe James Dean, ass to me when he isn't interacting with someone that he wants to have sex with.

Dani-Ellie

Dani-Ellie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

You know what justifiably unpopular mess of a mystery series I DID genuinely enjoy? Harper's Island. I know it was awful in almost every single way a show can be awful, but I was hooked!

To this day, I still maintain that I have not had that much fun with a TV show before Harper's Island and I have not had that much fun with a TV show since. (Although, Once Upon a Time is quickly closing the gap.)

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

Here are some of mine:

Although I do think that TAGS largely jumped after Barney left/when the show switched to color, there are still some fun color episodes (like the ones with Goober's girlfriend, Flora).

I like the first Grace Under Fire theme, "Lady Madonna," better than the second one, "A Perfect World."

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the final Facts of Life theme (the hard rock 80s version), if only for the instrumental closing theme.

Jimmy Kimmel has made me laugh more often than the other late night talk hosts on TV (and "This Week in Unnecessary Censorship" is hilarious, even though the cartoon ones are a little much for me sometimes).

I fell in love with thirtysomething as a young teenager over a decade after it first ended. I still feel the same way now.

While I have a great fondness for The Disney Channel of the late 90s, I actually like some of the stuff around 1996-1997 more (right before it went from being a premium channel to a regular cable channel).

Despite everything I know now about Pat Robertson, I STILL have fond memories of the old Family Channel of the early-mid 90s (WAY before ABC Family).

Andy Griffith on Matlock during the early days, gray hair and all? Kinda sexy (yeah, I said it).

Two of a Kind was actually a fun show, although the adult characters (Kevin, Carrie, Eddie, Paul, Nancy, Matt) are what truly made it great.

I enjoyed watching Kelly on Coach (DAAAD!)

Billy was the hottest male Power Ranger, by far (even with the glasses--but when they were off, DAMN!).

I actually like the Power Rangers Zeo theme a bit better than the original theme.

I think I actually like Kat the Pink Zeo Ranger a little better than Kimberly, given that I dressed up as her for Halloween in the second grade--she had blonde hair like me! The cool Australian accent was a bonus.

I like both theme songs to Hardball with Chris Matthews (and I think there's something sexy about him, too) .

No matter how many years he was on L&O, and no matter how many movies he has been in, Sam Waterston will forever be Forrest Bedford on I'll Fly Away to me. What a GREAT show that ended far too soon.

Although I LOVE The Golden Girls and everything about it, I kinda sorta like the version of the theme The Golden Palace used a little more sometimes.

Fran vs. CC on The Nanny was the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate that went largely unnoticed (Fran Drescher is beautiful, but Lauren Lane was GORGEOUS on that show, too).

Edited by UseYourIllusion, Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:49 AM.

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

Boy Meets World

Though Eric was dumbed down over the course of the show, I'll unapologetically accept him as such if only because of his Feeny call.

Friends

I never understood how a whitewashed version of the superior Living Single managed to garner all these accolades and a decade long run while Living Single only got to survive for half as long.

A Different World

Ron Johnson was a Loser with a capital L. I didn't find him witty and cute and wonder why the hell Dwayne kept him around as a best friend even though it was clear that he'd grown past those shenanigans or why intelligent young women like Kim and Freddie were slumming with him.

Grey's Anatomy

Isaiah Washington was the best male actor on that show, hands down. When Shonda Rhimes/ABC opted to fire him (and kill off my Burktina) to make way for the Katherine Heigl hour, I dropped that show like a bad habit and never looked back.

Sex and the City

Despite its whitewashed rendition of my hometown and the feminist/womanist disdain of it, I, as a womanist, make no apologies in adoring this show in all its glitzy glory. This show, at heart, was about female friendships and they earn my undying devotion for never straying away from that throughout the course of their entire run.

Parenthood

Not only do I not believe that Jasmine is a fire-breathing bitch (especially since Kristina isn't considered to be as such, in spite of exhibiting worse behavior), I believe that she is far too good for Crosby.

Beautiful Leah

Beautiful Leah

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

Couples I don't ship or think are "the real endgame of the show":

Peggy and Don (Mad Men)
Leslie and Ron (Parks and Recreation)
Emanda and Nolan (Revenge)

It's not because I don't enjoy the dynamics of the different pairings, or because I don't like one of these characters enough (OK, I hate Don now, but when he started bonding with Peggy I still found him a sympathetic character), but it's just that I like my platonic and complex m/f friendships and partnerships in work/revenge.

Two more Revenge UOs would be that:

I dislike Daniel, and exactly for the bit of backstory that was supposed to make him sympathetic. So he's responsible for DUI, payed to avoid jail and never visited his ex girlfriend (who was severely injuried in the accident) until Emanda made him, but we are supposed to feel bad for him because...he has a lot of manpain? Oh, and his mommy was being mean to him! Anyone would rather drunk-drive than have a conversation with her like an adult!

I like Ashley a lot. I'm glad she finally has her own storyline and hope to see more of her. And yes, I ship her with Nolan.

Community UO: I think Jeff-Annie would be literally one of the worst couples ever on TV, and even now their scenes are my least favorite part of any episode. The only chemistry I see between them is of the distinctly creepy variety, and their interactions make both characters (and particularly Annie) vastly less likable to me. I like Annie so, so much more when interacting with any of the non-Jeff characters

IA with all of this!

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

Although it used to bother me as a kid that Kevin & Winnie didn't get together at the end of The Wonder Years, it doesn't bother me at all now. Not everyone winds up with their first love--it would have rang false to have seen it on that show in particular.

I actually like the "Sand Castle" opening of Knots Landing. I think it's a nice change, and that version of the theme was particularly pretty to listen to.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

I dislike Daniel, and exactly for the bit of backstory that was supposed to make him sympathetic. So he's responsible for DUI, payed to avoid jail and never visited his ex girlfriend (who was severely injuried in the accident) until Emanda made him, but we are supposed to feel bad for him because...he has a lot of manpain? Oh, and his mommy was being mean to him! Anyone would rather drunk-drive than have a conversation with her like an adult!

Right there with you. Matter of fact, my interest in the show died when he didn't.

I like Ashley a lot. I'm glad she finally has her own storyline and hope to see more of her. And yes, I ship her with Nolan.

One of the things I like about Ashley is that she seems to see Daniel exactly as he is, and not as some woobie. I enjoyed the Ashley and Nolan interactions as well, but they don't have enough scenes to get me to tune into the show again. Though I was also very intrigued by her one scene with Conrad.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:25 AM.

Wiendish Fitch

Wiendish Fitch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

Billy was the hottest male Power Ranger, by far (even with the glasses--but when they were off, DAMN!).

I actually like the Power Rangers Zeo theme a bit better than the original theme.

I think I actually like Kat the Pink Zeo Ranger a little better than Kimberly, given that I dressed up as her for Halloween in the second grade--she had blonde hair like me! The cool Australian accent was a bonus.

Are you my long lost twin, UseYourIllusion? I not only loved Kat, but I totally shipped her with Tommy. Yeah, I said it, wanna make something of it?! Let's see, cool, sophisticated, kind-hearted Aussie gal, or squeaky-voiced, vacuous, grating Valley Girl Kimberly? If I were a straight guy, it'd be a no-brainer!

And I never got that Kat was a "damsel in distress" while Kim was this modern day Joan of Arc. I don't recall Kat fainting like an 18th century melodrama heroine over every little thing. Kim, on the other hand...

And word on Billy. Smart, sweet, and with green eyes to boot? Hell yeah! I'll even admit I 'shipped him with Kat if the Tommy thing didn't work out.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch, Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:00 PM.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I keep reading rave reviews for Kristen Ritter with her performance in "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23", but there is something about her line delivery that grates. It's a combination of childishness, loudness, and robotic.

MY UO is that that isn't too great at all. 2 Broke Girls is funnier. Yeah, I said it.

Bastet Esq

Bastet Esq

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

I like the first Grace Under Fire theme, "Lady Madonna," better than the second one, "A Perfect World."

I had no idea this was unpopular. I do like the second one, but I prefer the first.

Although it used to bother me as a kid that Kevin & Winnie didn't get together at the end of The Wonder Years, it doesn't bother me at all now. Not everyone winds up with their first love--it would have rang false to have seen it on that show in particular.

That they didn't wind up together became, from the moment the finale aired, one of my favorite things about the series. Most teen relationships do not last and are not revisited, which I consider a healthy thing. So the number of TV characters who don't ever widen their social/dating circle drives me nuts.

Wiendish Fitch

Wiendish Fitch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

I agree, I thought it was an original, daring idea. I'll take it a step further: I love Danica McKellar, but I hated Winnie Cooper! She was such a mealy-mouthed little twerp!

So the number of TV characters who don't ever widen their social/dating circle drives me nuts.

This is an issue I always had with Friends and especially Beauty and the Beast (the 80's show with Ron Perlman).

Unpopular Beauty and the Beast opinion? You couldn't pay me to live in the world Below. Dank, dark sewer surrounded by self-righteous, pious hypocrites like Father? As much as I adore Vincent, even he wouldn't be enough to make me live there.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

I agree with that also, and additionally like that version better than the Beatles' one.

Though Eric was dumbed down over the course of the show, I'll unapologetically accept him as such if only because of his Feeny call.

I totally forgot about the Feeny call, but I loved it, too!

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

I have some unpopular opinions about the Amazing Race. I don't hate Rachael of Brendon and Rachael. I neven saw Big Brother so this is my first experience with her. I don't blame her for being annoyed with Vanessa. She at least pulls her weight during the challenges. I also never hated Cindy of Ernie and Cindy. I think the editors play up contestants negative comments for drama.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

I had no idea this was unpopular. I do like the second one, but I prefer the first.

I kind of guessed on this one, honestly. I saw that someone put the pilot on YouTube, but it had the second theme instead of the first one, which I found strange. Maybe it was for copyright issues, I don't know.

Here are some Facts of Life UOs (except for the one about me liking the season 7-9 theme song--I mentioned that earlier):

I like the Blair/Sue Ann rivalry almost as much as the Blair/Jo rivalry (and I like Jo best when she's with Blair).

I don't think the first season is THAT bad. There was just more people.

There are some good episodes in the last few seasons. One of my favorites is the one after Edna's Edibles burned down. And I LOVE the Christmas Baby episode where Blair's mom Monica has Bailey.

I not only loved Kat, but I totally shipped her with Tommy.

I honestly don't even remember her being with Tommy (I haven't seen the show in years). That does lead to another UO of mine, though: I can't really say I've ever found Tommy that attractive. It could just be down to my thing against long hair on dudes (for the most part, anyway), but I'll happily stick with Billy (or Jason, for that matter).

Even though I love My So-Called Life, it's probably just as well that it ended after one season. Who knows how long the quality would have kept up.

Possible UO among my generation:

I LOVE watching Leave it to Beaver when it's on. There's just something about it that makes me smile. And besides, any show that had an episode revolving around a kid (Beaver in this case) getting stuck in a soup bowl on a billboard can't be all THAT bad.

I love the Viacom V of Doom. I was kind of unnerved by it as a kid (sometimes terrified by it, honestly), but now? I just plain love it, and wish it were still on after reruns of I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Andy Griffith Show, and The Dick Van Dyke Show sometimes.

Edited by UseYourIllusion, Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:50 PM.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

I love the Power Rangers Unpopular Opinions shared here.

The Zeo themes and the original Mighty Morphin' Themes are both so epic it's hard to choose, but if I absolutely had to, I'd pick the Zeo theme as well. Those high notes...

Kim did actually spend a fair amount of time fainting in Tommy's arms once he returned as the White Jesus Ranger. Kat never fainted, but she did spend a good part of her run shouting for "Tommmay!" when she was in trouble. I think Kat gets a bad rap because she was introduced as a damsel in distress and never really had a chance to shake that rep until her last seasons. I love both ladies, though.
My Unpopular opinion is that I really detest Power Rangers in Space. Objectively, it's probably the best season in the franchise, but I hate that all my favorite characters were replaced with that cast. Carlos and Ashley are my least favorite rangers ever.

I like Ashley on Revenge as well and wish she would get more to do.

Another UO: I really don't want to Nolan and Emily to hook up. It would ruin the interesting relationship they already have. And while I root for Emily by default, I don't really like the character.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

My Unpopular opinion is that I really detest Power Rangers in Space. Objectively, it's probably the best season in the franchise, but I hate that all my favorite characters were replaced with that cast.

I definitely agree that Power Rangers in Space is probably the best of the series. Speaking of best Power Rangers seasons, I'm going to say that I think Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder(featuring the return of Tommy's old ass as a Power Ranger) are also two of the best of the seasons in the franchise as well. I also kind of liked the little I saw of RPM.

However, nobody is ever going to be able to convince me that Time Force, Wild Force, and Jungle Fury aren't the absolute worst seasons of the series. The absolute worst.

Now I know everybody seems to believe that the best Power Ranger villians will always be Rita Repulsa and Zedd but I think Astronema deserves more credit than she gets. I know she didn't stay bad but her overall story is one of the most interesting ones.

And last of but not least, my latest UO is that they never should have brought back Bulk for this current season. He's just just as annoying and useless this second time around and I'm disturbed that they've basically got this 40 year old man still behaving like he did when he was on the show in season one. At least they let Tommy evolve and grow up.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

My favorite network news theme ever is the CBS Evening News theme from 1991-2006. Just a perfect theme (the ABC News themes from 1978-1989/1989-1996 are right after them). And I don't mind that Katie Couric didn't use it--that was Dan Rather's theme, no doubt.

And the World News Polka Barry Mitchell does on ABC's World News Now? Ace. (Not unpopular among fans, but how many people even know about WNN 20 years after it premiered?)

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

I'm going to say that I think Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder(featuring the return of Tommy's old ass as a Power Ranger) are also two of the best of the seasons in the franchise as well. I also kind of liked the little I saw of RPM.

I agree; I'd consider them the best Disney seasons by far at the very least. I thought Dino Thunder started off great and kind of lost momentum towards the end, but I really enjoyed Ninja Storm; great cast chemistry, and for all the complaints that it was too goofy, they dealt with some pretty harsh stuff.

However, nobody is ever going to be able to convince me that Time Force, Wild Force, and Jungle Fury aren't the absolute worst seasons of the series. The absolute worst.

RJ was the only good thing about Jungle Fury, IMO. I'm curious though why you consider Time Force one of the worst? It's largely hailed as one of the best seasons, after Space. While I liked Time Force, I felt it suffered from Red Ranger Syndrome, where the only characters who got any significant focus were the ones wearing some shade of red (Jen, Wes/Alex, Eric).

And last of but not least, my latest UO is that they never should have brought back Bulk for this current season. He's just just as annoying and useless this second time around and I'm disturbed that they've basically got this 40 year old man still behaving like he did when he was on the show in season one. At least they let Tommy evolve and grow up.

I agree. I actually think Paulie Schrier and Jason Narvy are two of the most talented actors to ever appear on Power Rangers (another UO?) but Samurai is just a disgrace to the character and the actor Actually, I find his presence on the show, along with the remixed MMPR theme that's used to open Power Rangers Samurai indicative of a real lack of originality on Haim Saban's part. My UO is that it would have been better to cancel the show for good instead of reviving it on Nickelodeon with what must be the worst cast in the history of television.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

Please tell me there were more girls besides me who watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Garfield & Friends on CBS Saturday Mornings back in the day.

Two Wheel of Fortune ones:

I like the 1994-1997 Wheel of Fortune theme best, if only because it was the theme when I first started really liking the show.

No matter how computer generated the board is now, I can't imagine that show without Vanna White. Hell, I'd LOVE to have her job!

Edited by UseYourIllusion, Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:38 PM.

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

I totally forgot about the Feeny call, but I loved it, too!

Cheesy? Yes, it was a great way to lighten things up when an episode got heavy.

On another note:

The Real World

The oversexualization of the show (which many blame on the Vegas 1.0 season) isn't what made the show lame - it was their insistence in casting minorities who were racially ambivalent at best and offensively stereotypical at worst instead of minorities who displayed any pride and self-awareness. Their refusal to set their show in certain cities such as Atlanta or Detroit (as indicated by their choice to revisit previous cities) doesn't help matters, either.

Girls

Sure, this show is representative of the "voice of a generation"... if that generation were made up of privileged white hipsters. If I wanted to watch that shit, all I have to do is take the train to any formerly-ethnic-turned-gentrified wonderland. The claim that this show presents a more "authentic" view of NYC than Sex and the City is laughable.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kim has been useless to the canvas since Season 2. Why that dead weight continues to warrant any kind of airtime on this show is beyond me.

janie jones

janie jones

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Please tell me there were more girls besides me who watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Garfield & Friends on CBS Saturday Mornings back in the day.

There are. I am a girl and I loved both of those.

Feeney!

Edited by janie jones, Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:33 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

I'm curious though why you consider Time Force one of the worst? It's largely hailed as one of the best seasons, after Space. While I liked Time Force, I felt it suffered from Red Ranger Syndrome, where the only characters who got any significant focus were the ones wearing some shade of red (Jen, Wes/Alex, Eric).

That's my main problem with it. Too much Red Ranger Syndrome and I just generally didn't care much for most of the cast.

Sure, this show is representative of the "voice of a generation"... if that generation were made up of privileged white hipsters. If I wanted to watch that shit, all I have to do is take the train to any formerly-ethnic-turned-gentrified wonderland. The claim that this show presents a more "authentic" view of NYC than Sex and the City is laughable.

Thank God! Now I don't feel so alone hating it while everybody else is gushing about how awesome and progressive this show is. It just looks like it's on some white hipster bullshit. The show really doesn't seem all that different than SatC anyway expect for the fact that these girls' incomes might be slightly lower but you can already tell that the creator is drinking the koolaid about how feminist and progressive and talented she is for creating it. I also really take exception to critics and new fans trying to convince me that their has never been a show like this on tv for women because what they really mean by that is that there has never been a show like this for white women and even then I'm still not buying it. White women are not underrepresented on tv. If anything they get the lions share of representation along with white men. Trying to claim otherwise is ridiculous and all the gushing from these hipster white girls about how "finally a show for us!" makes me really not want to give it a chance. If I want to watch a show about these particular types of white women I can already turn on 2 Broke Girls or Dont Trust the B in Apartment 23 or just whip out my old DVDs of Friends or Sex in the City. If I want to watch a show about white women in general I can turn on pretty much any tv show on any channel. Besides, I already watch New Girl and Happy Endings. I think I'm good.

Edited by Turkish, Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:45 PM.

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Thank God! Now I don't feel so alone hating it while everybody else is gushing about how awesome and progressive this show is. It just looks like it's on some white hipster bullshit. The show really doesn't seem all that different than SatC anyway expect for the fact that these girls' incomes might be slightly lower but you can already tell that the creator is drinking the koolaid about how feminist and progressive and talented she is for creating it. I also really take exception to critics and new fans trying to convince me that their has never been a show like this on tv for women because what they really mean by that is that there has never been a show like this for white women and even then I'm still not buying it. White women are not underrepresented on tv. If anything they get the lions share of representation along with white men. Trying to claim otherwise is ridiculous and all the gushing from these hipster white girls about how "finally a show for us!" makes me really not want to give it a chance. If I want to watch a show about these particular types of white women I can already turn on 2 Broke Girls or Dont Trust the B in Apartment 23 or just whip out my old DVDs of Friends or Sex in the City. If I want to watch a show about white women in general I can turn on pretty much any tv show on any channel.

I'll add to your excellent points that there's already a show for white hipsters and it's called I Just Want My Pants back. Other than this latest offering starring four girls as opposed to the former's coed cast, I fail to see how this show is groundbreaking in any way, shape, or form.

While this Girls show certainly has a right to exist, I'd rather they (and by that I mean, the creator, writers, producers, stars, and network) just own itself as a slice of white hipster heaven than a show that speaks for all twenty-something women trying to make it in the big city.

mansonlamps

mansonlamps

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

I can't stand the actress Krysten Ritter from Don't trust the Bitch...... They have been trying to make this woman happen since at least Veronica Mars days. She's been on about 10 different series and I haven't liked her on any of them. And she's in her 30's for God's sakes, stop trying to make her some "ingenue."

Plus, I don't think using the word "Bitch" in a show title makes it edgy or cool. It's like they are trying way to hard to appear that way. I actually find it kind of juvenile.

ribboninthesky1

ribboninthesky1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

I have some unpopular opinions about the Amazing Race. I don't hate Rachael of Brendon and Rachael. I neven saw Big Brother so this is my first experience with her. I don't blame her for being annoyed with Vanessa. She at least pulls her weight during the challenges. I also never hated Cindy of Ernie and Cindy.

I don't hate either team, either. Matter of fact, they're probably the most tolerable of the remaining couples. Rachel can be whiny and overdramatic, but those instances have been far fewer than I expected. I wish she'd just ignore Vanessa rather than engaging in childish behavior.

As for Cindy and Ernie, they're probably one of the most functional engaged (now married) couples in recent memory.

White women are not underrepresented on tv. If anything they get the lions share of representation along with white men.

Agreed.

Edited by ribboninthesky1, Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:24 PM.

emjay1116

emjay1116

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Nope. I was a die hard Turtles fan back in the day. Had all the action figures and crap. Good times.
Of course, nothing compared to my love of the Thundercats. (Except maybe Rainbow Brite.)

I'm another Eric Matthews lover. The Feeny Call always brings a smile to my face. But nothing will ever top "I married a moose. We don't need counseling." My sister and I randomly quote (and the "life's rough, lil bro, get a helmet *smack*") to each other and crack up.

gator12

gator12

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

I'm tired of seeing "lying liar who lies" to describe a character, it like beating a dead horse the viewers version

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

I'll grab a seat on that sofa! Garfield and Friends especially was my show. Crazy addictive theme song that once ran in a loop in my head for a full day: "Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends. Come on in, it's time to party with Garfield and Friends!"

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

As much as I love A Charlie Brown Christmas, I also love It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown, too. I actually had a tape from the original broadcast in 1992 (which also included ACBC and the Garfield Christmas Special), and was DEVASTATED when a bad VCR tried to eat it, which means I may never see some truly awesome old commercials again :( .

Okay, new challenge: to find someone else who grew up in the 90s, outside of the Chicago area, who watched Bozo (Joey D'Auria version) on WGN. It may have had to live up to FCC requirements regarding education in the end, but I still love and miss that show. Bonus points if you've seen the Bozo's Christmas Special from 1992.

Coach deserves some more love as a sitcom. I think it's quite underrated as a comedy. And because of it, I love Jerry Van Dyke almost as much as his older brother.

The theme song to the show Clueless is a favorite of mine, even if I'll always love the movie more.

Even though the show itself may have been craptastic (I haven't seen it so I can't say), I LOVE the instrumental theme song to The Bradys (the dramedy from 1990). It just sounds like a nice, instrumental adult contemporary (well, maybe not) song. It's a nice change.

Edited by UseYourIllusion, Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.