La Esposa Virgen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9 replies to this topic

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

Is anyone else watching La Esposa Virgen?

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Sep 10, 2005 @ 2:43 PM

I tried. I ended up ff'ing the first ep and based on commercials I've seen, I think I'm skipping it.

infamouse

infamouse

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 12, 2005 @ 9:58 AM

I've caught parts of a few episodes and I don't think I'll keep watching. It's too hokey, even for a telenovela. Plus, neither of the two male leads seem like a particularly good hero. A man married to a sainlty, terminally-ill woman, but already having an affair with the town hussie? Or the humorless, arrogant, cold-hearted army captain? No thanks.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2005 @ 3:15 PM

;-) Anybody change their mind?

I guess running around on the terminally ill gal isn't too cool, but it's painted as just hormones raging - he is just too macho and passionate to do without - clearly he's just using the girl and the girl is just using him, though it looks as if she's like to take advantage of the situation.

They got this plot from Days of Our Lives, or is it just a coincidence? The old find your successor when you're terminally ill ploy. Only on soaps.

infamouse

infamouse

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2005 @ 10:12 AM

I tuned in again a few times last week and, I must admit, that I'm liking it a bit better. Mostly because I'm starting to like one of the male leads, Capitan Ortiz, more. The actor who's playing him is doing a great job and has made him a more sympathetic character. Plus, he's easy on the eyes. Now, if he'd only shave off that fuzzy caterpillar of a mustache! I still don't get the Jose Guadalupe attraction though. The writers are going with the 'He's a man and has needs' angle with his affair with Olga, but still don't like his character. I think Virginia would make a better couple with the captain.

The central premise to this show does lend to some great unintentional comedy. See exhibit A, the end of last night's episode.

V: 'I'm upset that I'm the center of the town's gossip rumor mill'
C.O: 'Oh, really, why's that?' [makes concerned face]
V: 'It's because...because...oh, I can't say it!' [dramatic music plays]
C.O: 'Because you were a virgin bride, I know.' [tun, tun, tun!]

I was cracking up so hard, my roommate said, 'I though this was a soap, not a sitcom'. Heh.

wdejesus79

wdejesus79

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2005 @ 8:49 PM

'Because you were a virgin bride, I know.

I know that's the whole premise of the soap, but that's why I can't watch it. I can't suspend my disbelief enough to swallow that Adela Noriega is supposed to be a virgin. Girl looks 40!!

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2005 @ 3:31 PM

I tuned in again a few times last week and, I must admit, that I'm liking it a bit better. Mostly because I'm starting to like one of the male leads, Capitan Ortiz, more. The actor who's playing him is doing a great job and has made him a more sympathetic character. Plus, he's easy on the eyes. Now, if he'd only shave off that fuzzy caterpillar of a mustache! I still don't get the Jose Guadalupe attraction though. The writers are going with the 'He's a man and has needs' angle with his affair with Olga, but still don't like his character. I think Virginia would make a better couple with the captain.

I agree with that. Capt. Ortiz is just the better man. I don't think Jose Guadalupe is all that. When he was driving that jeep while he was angry, he injured Olga, that was selfish and impulsive beyond belief. Just because he was having some sort of fit. He had no concern whatever for Olga. Then everybody gets all sympathetic over him and are rushing to his side in concern!

Sometimes I think Virginia is a real drip for loving JG instead, and hope she loses the Captain, even to Marisol - maybe they have an aging for her planned.

Then we are supposed to think Virginia and Blanca are so selfless, but it does not quite work out. Blanca is trying to control something very personal, no matter how sympathetic a position she is in, it is not right. Virginia may think Capt. Ortiz has some rights to the property, but she isn't really doing him a good turn marrying him when she doesn't love him.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:15 AM

Does anybody understand the rules of inheritance going on?

Who gets the General's fortune if Virginia leaves the town before the ten years is up?

I got that Capt. Ortiz gets it if Virginia and Diego die. But there was still already the requirement of living in SF de LA for the 10 years.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2005 @ 5:32 PM

What does Virginia expect Fernando to do, be understanding? He is in a wheel chair because of saving her life, she had several chances to bail out of the marriage, yet he is supposed to be all understanding of her thing for JG? What does she expect, that she can just hang out with JG and Fernando will understand?

DanaMB

DanaMB

Stalker

Posted Nov 23, 2005 @ 8:28 PM

Does anyone know when this novela will end? I'm waiting for the historical that is going to replace it (Alborada or something) and I can't figure out when LEV ends.