Best TV Burn: Insults we loved

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1028 replies to this topic

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 6:23 AM

On Glee a couple months ago: Kurt towards Sebastian, "You smell like Craigslist."

So random, I love it. Also, it cracked me up because, what does that even mean?

It means he smells like poppers, lube, and buttsex. Craigslist has a rather infamous "Men seeking Men" section that's basically a random hookup site, and Kurt is saying Sebastian really really gets around.

Cynic

Cynic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

Oooh, I see. Thanks for explaining, DMike.

Although, I think I liked it better before I knew what it meant!

Edited by Cynic, Mar 6, 2012 @ 2:04 AM.

wordnerd

wordnerd

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

There are so many great burn moments from RuPaul's Drag Race... Phi Phi's "Why don't you go back to Party City where you belong" to Sharon Needles was an instant classic.

I was surprised not to see anything from Downton Abbey here, too. Pretty much every other word out of the Dowager Countess's mouth is AMAZING.

Sir Richard: "I'm leaving in the morning. I doubt we'll meet again."
Lady Grantham: "Do you promise?"

And my personal favorite:

Mrs Crawley: I take that as a compliment.
Lady Grantham: I must have said it wrong.

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

There are so many great burn moments from RuPaul's Drag Race..Phi Phi's "Why don't you go back to Party City where you belong" to Sharon Needles was an instant classic.

Not as classic as Sharon's responses a few weeks later, when she asked Phi2 if Party City was where she got her Lady Gaga wig for her infamous "Snatch Game" performance and during the "reading" mini-challenge in last week's "Dragazines" episode, in which Sharon asked Phi2 if she got her makeup from Sherwin-Williams. In that scene, while Sharon and fellow contestant/mini-challenge winner latrice Royale were on fiyah, Phi2 proved that she couldn't burn anyone if she had a blowtorch.

candyangel

candyangel

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Animals, movies, friends, reading, TV. Taking it easy and enjoying life.

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

Another great one from The Wire. When Omar is on the stand testifying:

Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are amoral, are you not? You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off...
Omar: Just like you, man.
Maurice 'Maury' Levy: ...the culture of drugs. Excuse me? What?
Omar: I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

Oh how I love Omar.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

Tonight's fifth season premiere of Mad Men had a burn that almost had me do a spit-take. While watching Megan do her burlesque dance/song for Don at his birthday part:

Roger (referring to Megan): "Why can't you sing like that?"
Jane: (referring to Don): "Why can't you look like that?"

I usually love Roger (or at least enjoying watching him) and indifferent to Jane, but that was totally awesome and Roger had that one coming.

Blue Nocturne

Blue Nocturne

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

On last night's Mad Men, Joan finally dumped her asshole husband when she learns that he volunteered to go back to Vietnam for another year without telling her. The whole scene was awesome and a long time coming, but here's the highlight:

Joan: "I'm glad the army makes you feel like a man. Because I'm sick of trying to do it."
Greg: "The army makes me feel like a good man."
Joan: "You're not a good man. You never were. Even before we were married, and you know what I'm talking about."

What she's talking about was how, back before they were married, he raped her on the floor of her boss's office.

Edited by Blue Nocturne, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:49 PM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

From Game of Thrones, Tyrion to Janos Slynt, the scumbag who stabbed a baby to death: "I'm not questioning your honor. I'm denying that it exists."

Unknown

Unknown

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

From the Law and Order season 11 episode titled Dissonance:

Judge Wright: That sound you hear is the ice cracking underneath your feet.
Nora Lewin: With all due respect, your honor, you weigh more than I do.