Unintentionally Funny TV Moments

• Please log in to reply

2372 replies to this topic

Lady M

Lady M

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:03 AM

Of course, my vote goes to Jessie Spano of "Saved By The Bell", for the "I'm so excited....I'm so scared" bit. THAT was probably the only time on SBTB that the laugh track was actually appropriate, even if the writers didn't mean it to be.

VersesBatman

VersesBatman

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:05 AM

I'll admit that that part make me chuckle a little.

Anytime Lana Lang on Smallville gets hurt or scared. It's probably due to Kristen Kruek's bad acting and my hatred for Lana.

Cheynem

Cheynem

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:19 AM

Obviously, high on any list:

"Is this because I'm a lesbian?"

IOU_Payne

IOU_Payne

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 11:07 AM

This thread is owned lock-stock-and-Lucky-Charms by David Boreanaz' absolutely astounding Irish accent.

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 11:15 AM

I nominate the moment from Designer's Challenge last night where the couple nixes the bed the designer picked out because "We didn't think it was sturdy enough." Mr. Shrew and I, both being twelve, laughed our asses off.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 11:30 AM

Buffy's cookie dough speech to Angel in the series finale. Supposed to be some sweet deep moment, but made me laugh my ass off.

emace

emace

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 11:40 AM

The Smallville episode where the Princeton recruiter comes out to interview Clark, only his friends threw him a surprise party since his folks were away.

I giggled all the way through, due to "Risky Business" flashbacks. I was half expecting Pa Kent to say, "Princeton can use a guy like Clark," and Clark to blow off the recruiter by saying "What the f---."

ameline

ameline

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 12:16 PM

every time Blossom's brothers told her she was beautiful.

Edited by ameline, Aug 26, 2005 @ 12:16 PM.

Lady M

Lady M

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 12:58 PM

LOL...I already thought of another one....Nathan Hastings being hit by a car on "The Young and the Restless." My sister and I almostt died. Also Andrea on 90120 suffering the same fate (except not dying). Why do they have to make someone being hit by a car on T.V. so comical?

Edited by Lady M, Aug 26, 2005 @ 1:44 PM.

Melted Rubber

Melted Rubber

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 1:23 PM

When somebody got hit by a car on Tru Calling. I laughed, and I laughed. And then I laughed.

leonloring

leonloring

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 1:34 PM

"Narm! Narm!" (thump)

PixiesSix

PixiesSix

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 1:37 PM

Whirlygig of Doom on Alias. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Phenobarbara

Phenobarbara

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 2:13 PM

Whirlygig of Doom on Alias

Are we talking about that little helicopter of death thingy? If so, ITA. I had a vision of JJ standing in a toy store before they made that episode, looking at little toy choppers and going "Dude, you know what'd be really cool?" Oy vey, that thing was ludicrous.

ld1

ld1

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 2:19 PM

Speaking of helicopters, Dr. Romano's death by falling chopper on ER was so cartoony it was riDICulous!

NOOOOOOOO! <splat>

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 2:59 PM

Today, on As The World Turns. Jen is sitting on the couch sketching the same dress over and over again while totaly tweeking out on Meth, listening to Weezer's "We Are All On Drugs". I laughed for 10 minutes straingt and missed some of the other major plot points because of that.

VersesBatman

VersesBatman

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:06 PM

Speaking of helicopters, Dr. Romano's death by falling chopper on ER was so cartoony it was riDICulous!

NOOOOOOOO! <splat>

I actually pictured Wile E. Coyote when that happened.

JuliJBG

JuliJBG

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:11 PM

How about Tyra's rant this season on ANTM!? I rewound it and watched it a million times, and it *never* got less funny!

Edited by JuliJBG, Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:19 PM.

ferretrick

ferretrick

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:32 PM

This thread is owned lock-stock-and-Lucky-Charms by David Boreanaz' absolutely astounding Irish accent.

There's a bunch of these from Buffy...SMG beating the crap out of Fake the Snake comes to mind as well.

Edited by ferretrick, Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:38 PM.

tothemax

tothemax

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 4:28 PM

Another ANTM moment: When in S3, Amanda revealed she was legally blind and everyone started to cry. It was all so fake.

ajra

ajra

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 4:43 PM

Yet another ANTM moment: when YaYa, who had been flaunting her Ivy league education all season, stated that the 45-degree angles of the final competition would be confusing. Sure were, 'cause they were 90-degrees.

Kiran

Kiran

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 4:46 PM

Or when she said that there were nine blocks around her spelling out "competition" and dumb Norelle got this smile on her face and even she knew that YaYa had miscounted.

I remember on General Hospital when Nikolas and Umily were trapped on a boat and he tried to use the phone and fell to his knees screaming "NO SERVICE!!!!!! NO SERVICE!!!!!!!"

gemini617

gemini617

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 4:52 PM

You can't mention ANTM without the greatest unintentionally hilarious phrase in the history of humanity: "She poured BEER in my WEAVE!"

Kiran

Kiran

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 5:42 PM

I also loved all of Tiffany's meltdowns. Hee. Oh Tiff.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 6:23 PM

Ages ago, on One Life To Live, a couple was preparing to be remarried. Anvil after anvil fell--"I'm so happy!", "We're so in love!".
The couple was driving up to the mountains for a private ceremony, when:
(a) The woman unbuckled her seatbelt to pick up something she'd dropped.
and (b) Another car ran them off the road ad they crashed into a river.

Why did I laugh?
Because that had to be the worst written, predictable, anvil-laden death EVER.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 7:25 PM

So many 7th Heaven moments to choose from, but I'm going to have to go with, "We're poor, sir, and we're hungry." No, really, they weren't going for a laugh with that. It's what they got, though.

KatherineO

KatherineO

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 8:29 PM

The Luge on Alias. Man was that EVER stupid. Laughed my ASS off over that one.

EmmyMik

EmmyMik

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 9:42 PM

This thread wouldn't be complete without this little gem from TAR5's Colin, "My ox is BROKEN!"

SoniaPL

SoniaPL

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 9:48 PM

There's a bunch of these from Buffy

The big one for me from Buffy is the "dead by sunrise" first evil/big bug thing in Amends. It was just silly looking and sounding.

Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:04 PM

Jesse Metcafe throwing something against the wall when Gabrielle turned down his proposal to marry her. The acting was so bad that it just came off as hilarious.

Narie

Narie

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 10:13 PM

The woman unbuckled her seatbelt to pick up something she'd dropped.

Ahhh, so now we know where Coldplay got the idea for the video "The Scientist".

Dr. Romano's death by falling chopper

Oh this was brilliant. I hadn't watched the show since like, 1975, and I tuned in just one time to see what it was like now and this was the episode I tuned in on. I giggled for days about it. Hell, it still makes me giggle.