Cast Appearances In Other Cell Blocks, er, Roles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1288 replies to this topic

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:48 PM

The two main stars have done some previous great work.

Dominic Purcell was great in John Doe which I thought was an intriguing show and made me look forward to Friday nights.

Wentworth Miller had a great, albeit, short stint as the Devil's Advocate on the now cancelled Joan of Arcadia but the role I'll always remember him from was when he played a fish monster on BtVS.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:52 PM

Ha! That was him on Buffy?

So. . .anyone know when FX will replay that episode? ;)

radioreverie

radioreverie

Fanatic

• Interests:Radiohead, Olivier Messiaen (and modern classical music in general), jazz, psychology, linguistics, traveling, 'avant garde' music/art/film/literature, piano, photography, secular humanism/atheism, liberal politics

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:52 PM

It was on Buffy that I noticed that he had some very English inflections in his line readings, and I felt very vindicated when I looked him up on the IMDb that day and discovered that he was born in England.

Edited by radioreverie, Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:53 PM.

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

Dominic Purcell was in an episode of House ("Fidelity") where he played a husband whose dying wife had cheated on him. He was very good in that.

Wentworth Miller is someone I had never heard of prior to seeing him in that Mariah Carey video (“We Belong Together”) about a week ago, sad to say. I have also read that he was in a film where he played the younger version of Anthony Hopkins called The Human Stain. He is supposed to be pretty good in this film, so I will have to check it out.

I also learned today that Peter Stormare is in this show. He is one of my favorite H!ITG actors. He was in two of my favorite films, Chocolat and Fargo and he was great in those roles.

Edited by Nikki125, Aug 22, 2005 @ 11:47 PM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:00 PM

Wentworth Miller has also been in not one, but two recent Mariah Carey videos for "It's Like That" and "We Belong Together."

Dominic Purcell guest starred on House as a jogger whose wife had African sleeping sickness. My fiancee then dubbed him "Big Thick Man."

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:02 PM

Dominic Purcell guest starred on House as a jogger whose wife had African sleeping sickness. My fiancee then dubbed him "Big Thick Man."

I remember him on House. He was great there.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:02 PM

Good ear, radioreverie.

So. . .anyone know when FX will replay that episode? ;)

If FX airs two episodes a day, give or take, I would estimate the last week in September or the first week in October.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:05 PM

Thanks, Warden! I must keep an eye on the guide so I can FauxVo it.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:50 AM

Dominic Purcell was also in the last BLADE movie - Blade: Trinity. That's the only thing I've seen him in.

dandieandie

dandieandie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 8:52 AM

I'm like you, patty1h, that's the only movie I've seen Purcell in. I think I spotted Wentworth in "Underworld". It took me a while to figure out why one of the young doctors looked so flippin' familiar, then after repeated viewings I realized if you shaved the guy's head and took away his glasses, he looks an awful lot like Wentworth. If that was indeed him, that's the only thing I've seen him in. I'm pretty much going into this knowing absolutely no one in the case, except Robin Tuney.

superfreq

superfreq

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:02 AM

Peter Stormare was also nice and creepy in Minority Report as the doctor who does Tom Cruise's eye surgery.

SunMoonStar

SunMoonStar

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:26 AM

Who could forget Wentworth Miller from Popular as Adam Rothchild Ryan... I almost feel like pulling out the DVDs... That's who he'll always be to me, yep yep.

He's also going to be in the premiere of Ghost Whisperer (in which he looks sometimes scary and sometimes yummy from what I've seen in the promo).

loudninjette

loudninjette

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:37 AM

Who could forget Wentworth Miller from Popular as Adam Rothchild Ryan... I almost feel like pulling out the DVDs... That's who he'll always be to me, yep yep.

Thank you SunMoonStar. I peeked in this forum and was shocked, shocked it took a full 12 hours for someone to mention his roll as a Male-azon!

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:38 AM

Peter Stormare was in Watching Ellie, and I don't care what anyone says, the first season of that show was great. After that, though, it took a nosedive.

Griteye

Griteye

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 9:53 AM

Wentworth Miller has also been in not one, but two recent Mariah Carey videos for "It's Like That" and "We Belong Together."

Ah thank you, I was wondering why he seemed so familiar. He also kinda reminds me of Campbell Scott for some reason, only better looking.

CinemaGoddess

CinemaGoddess

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Way too many to list here

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 1:52 PM

Just because no one's brought it up: Peter Stormare was Lev Andropov, the Russian cosmonaut in Armageddon... He could teach John Malkovich a thing or two about Russian accents. :) He was also one of the Nihilists in The Big Lebowski. As far as I'm concerned, Stormare can do no wrong.

Stacy Keach, like anyone needs a lesson, was in American History X and Up in Smoke playing two highly different characters, and I have always liked him in anything I have seen.

Robin Tunney is officially the new FOX premier girl. :)

public defender

public defender

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 2:16 PM

Don't forget Stacy Keach as Papa Titus. Best dysfunctional father ever!

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 2:50 PM

He also played Mike Hammer in the series of the same name and he played this character in a bunch of TV movies as well.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 2:58 PM

Did anyone waste their time watching Dinotopia and see Wentworth Miller in a main role?

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 3:57 PM

He also played Mike Hammer in the series of the same name and he played this character in a bunch of TV movies as well.

I remember seeing those in reruns somewhere. The role that I found a bit out of place or odd rather was when he was in Escape from L.A. and he had a ponytail.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 5:09 PM

Keach also played Jim Jones in a TV movie about Jonestown, so the man can bring the creepy like no one's business. (I think it's the harelip.)

andeely

andeely

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, books, movies...and yes, my reality is totally fictional ;)

Posted Aug 24, 2005 @ 11:44 AM

I'm so excited to see DP in a new show. I miss John Doe, he was great as that character.

Dinya

Dinya

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 24, 2005 @ 5:38 PM

Dominic Purcell was also on the last dying days of North Shore. I too loved him in John Doe and was very displeased with FOX when they cancelled it. I'll be watching the show 'cause he's pretty to look at plus to listen and see if any of his Australian accent slips out.

aujoshh

aujoshh

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 24, 2005 @ 7:13 PM

Did anyone waste their time watching Dinotopia and see Wentworth Miller in a main role?

::raises hand::

Dinotopia the Miniseries was actually decent television. I never watched the subsequent TV show (seriously, Thursdays at 8, against Friends and Survivor?), but it looked all kinds of awful.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 24, 2005 @ 7:37 PM

Now that I think about it, Robin Tunney was in House as well. She played Miss Rebecca in the Pilot episode.

bren3019

bren3019

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 3:29 PM

That's who he'll always be to me too. "Is Mary Cherry retarded?" is one of my favorite quotes ever.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 4:39 PM

I was so disappointed that Adam Rothchild Ryan didn't end up as a regular character on Popular. He was the only thing going for it, and then it turned into a disaster. He was great in the role, especially with the "JAZZ HANDS!"

totell

totell

Posted Aug 26, 2005 @ 5:44 PM

Dinotopia the Miniseries was actually decent television.

ITA. I've only seen Miller in Dinotopia and the Buffy ep. But, both he and the John Doe guy seem to be interesting young actors. And, the Prison Break previews weren't bad, so, I'll give it a look.

Juneboy

Juneboy

Posted Aug 27, 2005 @ 10:54 PM

Sarah Callies was in the short-lived Tarzan on WB.

MSat

MSat

Fanatic

• Interests:Likes: Funk music, cooking, wine and people who hate Paris Hilton<br />TV: Reno 911!, Dirty Sexy Money, The Office, Free Radio, American Idol, 24

Posted Aug 28, 2005 @ 9:29 AM

Don't forget Stacy Keach as Papa Titus. Best dysfunctional father ever!

"Wussy!"