The Yard: The Meet Market

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9262 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:07 PM

Talky!

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:15 PM

Awesome! I knew this was going to make it in, but I'm still glad to see it.

I'm two shows closer to free Glarkware. Yay.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:16 PM

The Yard, hee hee. How appropriate.

HungryHippo2004

HungryHippo2004

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:16 PM

Seems like people were right in assuming 'Prison Break' would be added along with 'Rome' tonight. Loving the icon!

Can't wait for the show, already watched the first half of the pilot and it's going to be a huge hit.

smilepretty

smilepretty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:19 PM

I think I'm the only person who watched John Doe and I am very excited to see Dominic Purcell on my screen again.

I'm very excited for this show, it's the only new show I plan on watching this year. With my luck, it'll get cancelled. But I'm hearing good things about it, so here's hoping!

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:20 PM

Going out on a limb to say that Wentworth Miller is hot.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:22 PM

Yes. Yes, he is. So even if this show sucks completely, you can bet that I'll still be watching.

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:23 PM

Now that it is out I have to ask if any one caught that I put up "PB" on the site for about 2 hours about a month or so ago by mistake?

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

This is so freakin' awesome. I was pretty sure it would be recapped, but I am glad to know for sure now. This is one of the few new shows that has caught my attention, so I am really happy it's getting recapped. I can't wait until the show premieres and I can't wait to read the wonderful recaps. Oh, and I had a feeling Glark would name this thread "The Yard".

I think I'm the only person who watched John Doe and I am very excited to see Dominic Purcell on my screen again.

No, you're not the only one. I was a diehard John Doe fan and it's great to see Dominic Purcell again.

Is it considered to be going out on a limb if it's completely true?

Edited by Nikki125, Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:43 PM.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

I'm two shows closer to free Glarkware. Yay.

Me too! I doubt that I will watch Rome, but I might actually watch this show. It's not on against House, is it??

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:24 PM

Now that it is out I have to ask if any one caught that I put up "PB" on the site for about 2 hours about a month or so ago by mistake?

Didn't notice it. To bad though, would have taken some of the edge off the waiting game today. :)

Just from the previews these boys are looking good. Kinda makes me miss OZ though.

Edited by zombygirl, Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:26 PM.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:25 PM

Not me. My guess was totally based on scientific research, polls, & gut instinct. Or luck.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:26 PM

I think Rome will air on Sundays.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:26 PM

House and PB are both on FOX, jmilazzo.

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:27 PM

But...but....who is recapping?? The suspense lingers...

Romantique

Romantique

Fanatic

• Interests:Books, yoga, marathons, books, TV, movies, books, tennis, traveling, books, theater, museums...and did I mention books?

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:28 PM

I couldn't agree more, but I have to admit that when I recognized him in the very first "Prison Break" promo that came out, it signaled to me that "Joan of Arcadia" was definitely a goner. If his brief role on JoA was any indicator of his hotness, I am so looking forward to PB.

So...happy for Wentworth, sad for Amber.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:29 PM

Me too! I doubt that I will watch Rome, but I might actually watch this show. It's not on against House, is it??

It's on FOX, so I can't see how it would be. ;)

I kid because I love, jmilazzo.

I didn't, but figured it was going to be recapped anyway.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:31 PM.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:31 PM

No, but most of us figured it was going to be recapped anyway.

To me this was the absolute lock of the season just going off of the on-air promos because it looks. that. good.

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:33 PM

It's on FOX, so I can't see how it would be. ;)

I kid because I love, jmilazzo. It's great to know I'll be seeing you around so often!

Doh! This is the first season I've even known the new shows coming other than from some commercials. With DVR, I don't see those that often any more, so I'll have to research on my own. I haven't gotten around to figuring out shows, networks, & schedules. I'll have to do that soon & get the DVR fired up!

Griteye

Griteye

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:37 PM

Yay! I'm really looking forward to this show. Soooooo, when do we find out the recapper? /whine

Ooooh I just noticed it's on Monday nights, there's nothing on for me on Mondays, no conflicts then!

Edited by Griteye, Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:39 PM.

sinclair

sinclair

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:38 PM

But...but....who is recapping?? The suspense lingers...

Sobell is which makes me happy as I was afraid she was going to hang up her..uh.. remote I guess after CSI went to PH.

mishy

mishy

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:39 PM

He was the reason I was tuning in initially, but now that I have seen these promos for what seems like 6 months I might actually pay attention to the story. But if it isn't interesting... he sure is purty!

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:40 PM

Sobell's recapping?

Better polish off a CSI recap while I'm checking out the 6FU ones too. I have no doubt that she'll be hilarious though.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:43 PM.

Alikins

Alikins

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:49 PM

I did. I think it was around when House was added, right? I remember thinking, "What the hell is Prison Break, and if it's premiering soon, how have I not heard about it?" And then it was gone. I'm glad to see I hadn't imagined the whole thing.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:55 PM

I'm two for two! So looking forward to this show, and have picked it to watch over Surface, though I'll switch if it sucks since I'll still be able to read the recaps.

Melissa Rae

Melissa Rae

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

This show looks pretty decent, and I was happy to see that these shows are going to be on the lineup for this year

Nikki125

Nikki125

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:04 PM

I'm two for two!

I'm two for two, too. I am sure that will all change by tomorrow. I guess I will have to part with my hard-earned bucks for my Glarkware. Oh well. And no, I didn't see PB on the homepage a few months ago, but it was pretty easy to guess that this show would be recapped.

Edited by Nikki125, Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:05 PM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:11 PM

Yes! I am so excited to see that this show will be recapped. The promos make it look incredibly awesome.

Wentworth Miller? Hot. Dominic Purcell? Hot. It's all good!

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:23 PM

Mm, Dominic Purcell. Count me as another (the third?) person who watched John Doe!

And I am very glad it's airing on Mondays. There's never anything for me to watch on Mondays, so I wind up watching CSI: Miami at the end of the night just to watch something, and that show is not good for my health.

(And I just realized how incredibly dorky that makes me sound. Oh well.)

Also two for two!

AgentX

AgentX

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:01 PM

Ooooh I just noticed it's on Monday nights, there's nothing on for me on Mondays, no conflicts then!

Me too! I'm so glad this show is getting recapped, I wasn't excited before seeing hour 1, but after August 29th can't come fast enough.

One of the guys is the same one from "It's Like That" and "We Belong Together" music videos right? That's where I remembered one from. If I'm remembering my overplayed music videos correctly. This will be my first experience with Sobell, can't wait. Maybe I'll read some CSI ones first.

Two for two as well!