It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Join the Gang at Paddy's Pub

• Please log in to reply

3469 replies to this topic

enazni

enazni

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 8:04 PM

So will season 4 begin with Homeless Larry (? is that right) as the owner of the bar?

Nope. Larry was backed by Frank.

I am sorry but that was the funniest episode this season IMHO. I was hunched over laughing from the moment Rickety broke his legs in the Dance-off to the look on the Waitress' face when Dennis began to dance with her.

bluwater

bluwater

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 8:31 PM

I loved when Charlie tried dancing with the waitress and she was talking, but stopped to say "Stop." Then she goes "Don't touch me." Hee!! I love that Charlie's real life wife hates him so much on the show.

RXcowbelle

RXcowbelle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2007 @ 9:07 PM

I want Dennis to teach me the Rococo Bang.

Between "Take My Breath Away" and "Poison" --and the white hot cream of an 8th grade boy -- I practically had a flashback to every school dance and prom of my youth. Aaaah - the classics! Back when "Push It" was scandalous, and anything by 2 Live Crew was absolutely shocking - shocking! whereas now those tunes seem practically quaint.

The only thing I didn't like about last night's episode is that it made me go around singing "never trust a big butt and a smile . . . . " all day today. Actually, I guess that's part of what makes me love this show. (And the fact that it made me do a little psychoanalysis on myself to try to figure out what my "Jr. High self" would have thought of Charlie's "Jr. High self" - and his interpretive dance routine.)

Minkas1

Minkas1

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 17, 2007 @ 2:05 AM

My biggest laugh of the episode was coming off a title card to see the waitress with her leg up and around a homeless guy. HA!

xmanson

xmanson

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2007 @ 10:22 AM

"Just because you've never seen me wash my testicles, it doesn't mean I don't do it every friday"

Ew.

Great episode.

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2007 @ 5:30 PM

Also, since Charlie doesn't own a majority of the bar, can he really put it up for a prize in a dance marathon?

Or any really, if the conversation in "The Gang Sells Out" can be believed. I thought that would bother me, but thanks to the rest of the episode I quickly got past it.

And yes the Sklars were great picks for the DJs.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2007 @ 2:32 PM

Was that him clubbing the back of Dee's kneecaps from a board with wheels on it in the preview for next week's ep?

That's what I thought, too.

Oh my gosh! I was right!

If any other show had opened with a masturbating bum, I'd be horrified. Instead I just laughed my ass off.

What made it even funnier is that they stood there watching as they complained about it!

Have we seen this particular bum before? I am pretty sure he isn't the masturbating homeless guy from back in the alley.

I thought he was, or at least was a recurring character.

Kind of surprised the McPoyle's didn't show up.

As was I.

Perfect casting with the Sklar brothers as the DJs.

That was pretty funny seeing them there. Did they do anything besides Cheap Seats on ESPN?

AlbanyBranch

AlbanyBranch

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 18, 2007 @ 7:15 PM

Found this blog re: the Mac / Emerson College tee-shirt question:

http://megorious.com...s-always-sunny/

"Last spring in our Writing for TV class, we had a conference call with Rob McElhenney, the creator of Itís Always Sunny in Philadelphia. As a thank you our class sent him a t-shirt that reads ďEmerson College Football - Undefeated Since 1880.Ē (Emerson has never had a football team, hence the irony.) Well, on last nightís hi-larious third season finale, Rob sported that very same t-shirt. Much to my surprise, he did not cut the sleeves off. If youíve never checked out Itís Always Sunny in Philadelphia you should, itís one of the funniest shows on TV. Thereís also a brief write-up about the shirt on Emersonís VMA page."

Spadada

Spadada

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2007 @ 8:16 PM

I don't usually post here, but I love this show. And Rob McElhenney. He is one of the showrunners behind the Pencils2MediaMoguls campaign. So if you love Sunny and you support the WGA, buy some pencils.

Edited by Spadada, Nov 19, 2007 @ 4:16 PM.

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 19, 2007 @ 1:00 PM

Now I can't help thinking about wildly inappropriate guest stars for next season.
I was thinking the Olsen twins as long lost cousins of Dennis and Dee (OK, I admit it Kaitlin Olsen, Olsen twins is a bit obvious) ... maybe they could team with Dennis and Dee in a scheme to overturn mom's will that left everything thing to their other dad.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Nov 19, 2007 @ 2:49 PM

They're too tiny, although it would be cool to see them standing next to Devito to see who is smaller. If they stood on either side of him, it would look like 101.

You don't happen to live in Merrick, do you? That's where I grew up.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2007 @ 9:42 PM

I also love how the gang says "God-DAMmit!" Hee, it makes me crack up every time, especially when Mac says it.

The soft way he said it when the McPoyle's mentioned how great their sister's rack was totally did me in.

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 3:27 AM

You don't happen to live in Merrick, do you? That's where I grew up.

Nope, it's a little shout out to the now deceased Deadwood forum ... Merrick was the editor and publisher of the newspaper in the town and i'm a (sometimes) journalist.

overpaid

overpaid

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 20, 2007 @ 7:21 PM

Now I can't help thinking about wildly inappropriate guest stars for next season.
I was thinking the Olsen twins as long lost cousins of Dennis and Dee (OK, I admit it Kaitlin Olsen, Olsen twins is a bit obvious) ... maybe they could team with Dennis and Dee in a scheme to overturn mom's will that left everything thing to their other dad.

What would happen is Dennis and Mac would fight over them, with the end result being that Dennis gets slapped for trying to get both of them into bed at the same time while Mac and Dave Coulier are getting Comet drunk.

Edit: Wow, I know way too much about Full House.

Edited by overpaid, Nov 20, 2007 @ 7:22 PM.

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2007 @ 6:16 PM

I was bouncing around on TouYube looking for clips on a different show when I came across this. It looks to be a scene from the original unaired pilot from back when the show was about actors and set in LA. Funny shit, and god bless Artemis, though it looks a little out of place if this was supposed to be part of the original "Charlie Has Cancer," but on the bright side it's almost like discovering new Sunny all over again and that's always sunny.

swhite

swhite

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2007 @ 11:31 PM

Do we know when/if Sunny will be back in the Fall?

Rock42

Rock42

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2008 @ 11:55 PM

"Serpico" was on HBO2 tonight. Of course, I immediately thought of Charlie!

Trampopoline

Trampopoline

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 3, 2008 @ 11:13 PM

Just giving this thread a little bump and to say that this show is freakin' awesome. It's started playing in Australia at the moment at 10:30 on Monday nights on Seven, and the first episode I ever saw (about four weeks ago) was the "Charlie Has Cancer". Me and flatmates watched it, and instantly fell in love with these horrible, horrible people. As soon as I saw Dennis uncomfortably run out of the room after Charlie says he has cancer, I knew this show with its inappropiate humour was filling the hole that Arrested Development left. I then when and tried to acquire some episodes over the internet and lucky for me the first episode I could get was "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person". That of course meant me having to watch the Nightman scene three times because I was laughing so hard I missed half the lyrics.
Now I've got all of Season Three, watching the Season One episodes on tv and considering buying Season Two on DVD. This show is gold!

And I've developed a massive thing for Mac.

wckjrr

wckjrr

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 11:50 AM

I'm going to jump in quickly and see if you very knowledgeable TWOPers know anything about a Season 3 DVD. I've gotten a few of my friends hooked on this amazing show with my Season 1 and 2 DVDs and now they're just dying to see the rest of it.

Anybody know anything about a release date?

identityless

identityless

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 2:47 PM

I can't imagine that a season 3 dvd will be out anytime soon considering that the first and second season dvd set only came out in Sept, and season 3 only finished in November.

Although they could make my year and bring it out next week :)

I turned my younger brother onto this show, he thinks it's the greatest thing ever, had to stop him from taking my dvd set away with him when he left after Xmas. At least I've got his present sorted out for his birthday now!

Cypher21

Cypher21

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 3:54 PM

Well the delay for first batch of dvds was due to S1 only being a handful of episodes, as it was a midseason replacement. Money-wise it makes more sense to pair it up w/the full second season than release a half-season and charge more. I just ordered my season set today, so I can't wait to watch the first season over again.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2008 @ 10:40 PM

It probably won't be for awhile. Networks like releasing the DVDs to coincide with the new season and with the writer's strike, S4 might be delayed for awhile.

wckjrr

wckjrr

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies everyone. *sigh* I pretty much expected a long wait. I've been dying for my friends to finally get to hear Day Man from Charlie and Dennis themselves, but I guess we'll have to be patient. Hopefully we'll be able to get by on our Season 1 and 2 episodes.

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2008 @ 12:52 AM

Just saw a rerun today of ER with Glenn Howerton as a new med student, missing the Sunny more than ever because he was pretty much the opposite of his character on Sunny.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2008 @ 6:22 PM

Does FX even play this play anymore? I need a fix, dammit!

bonnie77

bonnie77

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

Can anyone tell me if the Season 1 & 2 DVDs are subtitled in English? I am deaf and need the subtitles in order to watch anything on TV. I want to get the DVDs from Netflix but they only say it's subtitled in Spanish. I've never seen this show before but I hear it's really good. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cypher21

Cypher21

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2008 @ 1:36 PM

Just looked at my set, and it is subtitled in English. Most official tv-dvd releases are subtitled in at least English, just for future reference.

HJordanC

HJordanC

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 5, 2008 @ 4:29 PM

RENEWED! Season 4 bitches!

IASIP Season 4

Kaitlin862

Kaitlin862

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2008 @ 11:50 AM

Best news ever!
Also it poped up that they are reruning some episodes at midnight saturday (into sunday) Which is good news since I have been going though withdraws.

HJordanC

HJordanC

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 6, 2008 @ 12:55 PM

Looks like they are rerunning Saturday night/Sunday morning starting with season 1. According to Tivo, this week ("Gang Gets Racist" and "Charlie Wants an Abortion") starting at 1 a.m. and next week is a three-fer starting at 12:30 a.m. ("Underage Drinking", "Charlie Has Cancer" and "Gun Fever".) I can't wait until they get up to Season 3 because I've only watched those episodes maybe 2 or 3 times each.