Weekends at the D.L.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

37 replies to this topic

ronleeseven

ronleeseven

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 25, 2005 @ 2:05 PM

What are you doing, Comedy Central? This guy looks like a deer in headlights and it gets worse every week. Apparently, the network cancelled 1 out of 3 shows per weekend but never made it public because they are obviously embarrassed at how bad this show is doing. DL has always been likable but doesn't he realize how high the bar has been set by his predecessors and how he is not even coming close? I can not believe that someone who deems himself a proud Black man would allow this stuff to air. It's not edgy--it's recycled sketches from innovative shows past. As someone in the comedy industry, I am continually floored that no one has intervened and put this awful mess out of it's misery. Please use that valuable airtime for something funny, not awkward and tired.

Clockstomper24

Clockstomper24

Fanatic

Posted Aug 27, 2005 @ 11:43 PM

For whatever reason, they bleeped the word "raped" last night, even though they've aired that joke uncensored in all the promos, even the ones that aired in the middle of the day.

ronleeseven

ronleeseven

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 28, 2005 @ 2:55 AM

Clockstomper24 For whatever reason, they bleeped the word "raped" last night, even though they've aired that joke uncensored

...Maybe they thought the bleep would actually make the joke funny.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 29, 2005 @ 12:43 AM

They also beeped out "pubes."

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 10:50 AM

Well, I have seen everything. Arianna Huffington talking about blowjobs on the show. Way too funny!

alizoom

alizoom

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2005 @ 5:06 PM

Arianna Huffington talking about blowjobs on the show. Way too funny!

I loved Bryan Cranston's "so you think Bush likes to eat (Condi) rice?" Classic TV! Man, that guy needs to be a TV writer because evey time I see him on a talk show he's always BANG-ON with the jokes and introspection!

18bored

18bored

Posted Oct 26, 2005 @ 9:01 AM

He has the best band in the world. I love the Dwayne Wiggins band. "It's the weekend... at the Deee ELLL." I love them. Anybody know if they put out an album.

ThingsHappen

ThingsHappen

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 8, 2005 @ 5:07 PM

Was there a season finale or did they simply cancel the show? I found it pretty funny most nights personally.