Run's House

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

772 replies to this topic

bookie85

bookie85

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2007 @ 7:18 PM

I found the Radio shirt on karmaloop.com

chrissy42188

chrissy42188

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I'm a college student. I enjoy comedies and playing video games. :)

Posted Dec 20, 2007 @ 11:25 PM

They have worked HARD and that's not fair.

This is a much better way of saying it, thank you. I just meant I felt bad for them having to stay up all night that time and they just barely had an idea in time....but many work for more than just one night to get their ideas. So yes, I am proud of them because they are so young, and are already working towards their goal.

Anyway, I don't like JoJo very much either,but he can be caring sometimes. Isn't the money from his daddy in his bank account? It is the thought that counts! (Not where the money came from, so I should hush up) Although I really like her, Angela acts the same way as him. Like when Vanessa thought her dog, Juicy, might be preggers, Justine walks in and Angela says "pregnant dog!" She sort-of acted like she wanted to get Vanessa in trouble! it was like ehhh stop ittttt. Sometimes I prefer Russy and Diggy to them because they seem to be more sensitive. Anybody see when Justine fell? And Diggy says "Are you okay mom? Please be okay." And how he wanted them to adopt a baby girl last season because babies are cuter. They literally make me say, "Aw!" Vanessa is never enthused by anything. Angela is excited for something and Vanessa tells her to not "live in the celebration", although she seems to expect others to do a back handspring if she is involved. Which may come from their mother since Rev is always like, "WOAHHHHHHH!" He is so funny!

Can someone let me in on the inside joke with the "Whatcha' gonna do" thing, my mother and I think it's hilarious but we really have no idea where it came from.

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2007 @ 4:25 PM

Anybody see when Justine fell?

Lawd help me, I laughed SO hard when she hit the ground. I fall over myself twice a day, so I don't feel so bad about laughing. She kept telling Diggy to let her go and he did. LMAO.

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Dec 22, 2007 @ 9:02 PM

On the Karma Loop site, there doesn't seem to a women's version of the shirt; I only saw it in men's.

Anybody see when Justine fell? And Diggy says "Are you okay mom? Please be okay."

Justine falling was crazy. I loved how she thought that maybe she could have pulled off an Ollie, and then the boys would've thought she was cool. I was like, "Yeah, Jus that Ollie isn't going to happen your first time skateboarding." I mean, she kind of did a reverse Ollie whereby she went flying forward and the skateboard went in the air, but so not how she wanted that to turn out.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 22, 2007 @ 11:44 PM

I know the show is generally scripted, but the whole thing with Justine falling looked pretty believable to me. I watched the episode a few times to see if it looked like a stunt person playing Justine, but the camera keeps on her for the entire time she's on the skateboard and you can see her face. So unless there's some other fancy business taking place that I don't know about, that was really her falling. And it looked like it hurt. So I really can't imagine the producers having Justine faking that fall. Maybe it wasn't something planned, but the cameracrew knew it was gold when it happened.

JoJo and his crew signing a contract with Latchkey was interesting. I didn't quite understand how these kids could be signing contracts as important as they were without a manager or another adult present. Jojo even told Rev that he was going down to the offices to sign a contract, and Rev didn't go with him. I know JoJo wanted Rev to keep out of his business and to let him "be his own man", but I still think Rev should have went, to protect JoJo.

Watermelon

Watermelon

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 4:16 AM

Isn't JoJo still 17? I think it's illegal for him to sign the contract. Rev Run would or JoJo's mom would probably have to come down and actually sign it or give approval for JoJo to sign it.

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 10:09 AM

I thought the boys going in without a rep or a lawyer was very weird. You could tell they didn't have a gotdamn clue what the record company was telling them; like when Jojo told his dad Latchkey said they'd give the group 50/50 of the profits and that's NOT at all what they said. They said every dime they would have been given in an advance would be put into their music. So the group would be making very little money off of their music, as many independent artists signed to indie labels do.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 3:23 PM

I admit I don't know much about record deals and labels, but I think JoJo and the crew were under the impression that, because the execs would be treating them more as partners and less like a random band, they would be sharing in the profits, 50/50. I don't think we can definitively say whether JoJo got this part of it wrong, though, because the contract may have entailed more than what we were shown.

This is of course assuming that the whole contract thing wasn't something completely set up by the producers. That's actually what makes this show difficult to talk about -- knowing that much of it is scripted. I feel foolish discussing things as if any of it's real, when I know that much of it isn't. It's why I could never watch something like The Hills or Newport Harbor.

Oh, and I have to say that scenes with Vanessa and Angela are by far my favorite. The two of them, while sometimes coming off extremely entitled (and as bad actors), have a good chemistry together and are definitely amusing. When they seem to be ad-libbing and just acting the way they normally do, it's easy to watch and easy to chuckle with. I find that Justine and Run have the same sort of chemistry.

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 4:16 PM

they would be sharing in the profits, 50/50. I don't think we can definitively say whether JoJo got this part of it wrong, though, because the contract may have entailed more than what we were shown.

The execs told them they wouldn't be making any money if they signed the contract, so how exactly would they split any profits 50/50? All of the money that would have been given to the group would go straight to covering the cost to record the music. And Jojo knew all of this before he signed the contract (assuming this isn't scripted and filming is in sequence). The fact that Jojo said, "Um, I guess. I think" when his father asked him about splitting the profits 50/50 tells me the execs didn't tell him that at all and did not imply it. Maybe Jojo was confused. I didn't get the impression that they'd share profits equally at all, nor do I feel the execs were inferring such. If anything, they made it clear the group would not make much money if they made any at all.

Edited by AfroJo, Dec 23, 2007 @ 4:22 PM.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 4:51 PM

I thought the execs told the crew that there would be no advance (which JoJo was counting on) because all of that money would be going towards promoting the band and recording their music. That said, in the event that the band were to make even a small amount of money, there would have to be something in the contract about how much the band would receive and how much Latchkey would receive. So basically, the band would be getting no money upfront, but, because the band was supposed to be treated as a partner in the label, would receive the profits as a partner would.

But again, I know very little about record labels and the deals that they're involved in.

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 4:59 PM

So basically, the band would be getting no money upfront, but, because the band was supposed to be treated as a partner in the label, would receive the profits as a partner would.

That's not how I saw or heard it. *shrug* I figured that yes, they would make and receive profits, but no, it would not be close to 50%. But whatever.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 6:28 PM

Oh, hey, no disrespect. I wasn't trying to peeve you off or anything. I just thought it was an interesting discussion and a way of keeping the thread alive. Like I said, it was only what I had pulled from the few scenes we got, and I certainly don't claim to be well versed in the music industry. You're probably right in your assessment of the situation, I was just making a point in the way I saw it.

But yea, again, no ill will on my part.

Now who wants to see Justine fall again?

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 23, 2007 @ 8:03 PM

Stringer, you definitely didn't peeve me off. We were both giving out opinions and how we saw it that particular scene. LOL. Definitely no ill will on my part either. :)

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 6:18 AM

Ah, glad we cleared that up, AJ. :)

Also, I want everyone over at Run's House to know that their product placement worked. After seeing Angela and Vanessa using the sleek, black MacBook, I've decided I needed to upgrade my iBook to one. With my 21st birthday fast approaching (the 19th of January), it's what I've asked my parents for. So yea, I don't doubt that Apple gave it to the family for free as a way of advertising the product, and it did its job.

Oh, and if I didn't already have a Wii, I'd have probably bought one after seeing Russy and Diggy playing it.

I'm weak.

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 8:54 AM

Oh, and if I didn't already have a Wii, I'd have probably bought one after seeing Russy and Diggy playing it.

I'm weak.

So am I. I didn't even own a Nintendo, but I want a WII. Gaming Crack, thats what that is.

ninakix

ninakix

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 9:06 AM

isn't the point of having a famous rapper dad that he at least hooks you up during record deals with a good lawyer?

Or maybe jojo said he didn't want his dad there.

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 27, 2007 @ 6:18 PM

Here's something to look forward to:

Click here to see the new member of the Simmons family!

Love the hat on little Miley!

Edited by AndieMatt, Dec 27, 2007 @ 6:22 PM.

chrissy42188

chrissy42188

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I'm a college student. I enjoy comedies and playing video games. :)

Posted Dec 29, 2007 @ 12:48 PM

After seeing Angela and Vanessa using the sleek, black MacBook, I've decided I needed to upgrade my iBook to one

I thought I was the only one! They make everything look like so much fun, and look so wonderful. I feel the same way about their clothes. Vanessa's "I'm a mess" t-shirt is the next thing I want to buy.

sapphireprima

sapphireprima

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 29, 2007 @ 1:41 PM

She is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not too keen on the name Miley though.

Suga Wuga

Suga Wuga

Fanatic

• Interests:Laughing, Snarking, Watching TV (yeah, so I'm in the right place)<br /><br />My new Little Wugette<br /><br />Naps<br /><br />Snacks

Posted Dec 29, 2007 @ 11:00 PM

In response to last tagged post:

I agree. In and of itself, it doesn't sound bad, but if the origin is what I think it is, it's excessively trendy.

AfroJo

AfroJo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 30, 2007 @ 9:57 AM

Where do y'all live? LOL. The name isn't that trendy.

Does this need to be spoiled still? The pictures are all over the net and US magazine.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2008 @ 10:51 PM

Does anyone know what's up with MTV airing new episodes of RH back-to-back? It makes me think they're trying to burn off the episodes as quick as they can, which worries me. I wonder how the ratings are. Although, if MTV is trying to get rid of the show quickly, why does it seem that they love to air reruns. I think I watch this show at least 4 times a day, either on MTV or MTV2.

Anyway, the last two episodes were hilarious. My favorite part between both of the episodes was the kids dancing in the kitchen after Justine announced she was going to be selling Brown Sugar Jewelry on HSN.

KTngirl2006

KTngirl2006

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 9:13 AM

I am so glad they are getting a baby and it is a girl. Justine needs a little girl. I mean the 2 girls were older when she met Run and she had 2 boys.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 6:01 PM

I don't know of too many Miley's being thrust upon the world as of now, but with the success of Hannah Montana, I can see it catching on. I wonder if that's where they got the name from.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 7:20 PM

Can't say I'm surprised to see that this week is the season finale. You could definitely tell that's what they were building up to with Vanessa and Angela getting ready to fly back out to California and with the new baby arriving. And I'm looking forward to seeing JoJo upset as his sisters leave. It's about time he shows some emotion. It has to be tough for him to have the two family members whom he probably relates to most moving away.

justaskme

justaskme

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2008 @ 6:46 PM

I don't know of too many Miley's being thrust upon the world as of now, but with the success of Hannah Montana, I can see it catching on. I wonder if that's where they got the name from.

It would be funny if Miley becomes a baby name trend especially since Miley Cyrus' real name is actually Destiny Hope Cyrus. (Yes I watch and retain too much Jeopardy!)

AndieMatt

AndieMatt

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2008 @ 9:17 PM

A friend of my mother's (who's in her sixties) has that name.

I remember thinking it was the weirdest name ever when I was a kid. Who knew? LOL

Does anyone know what's up with MTV airing new episodes of RH back-to-back? It makes me think they're trying to burn off the episodes as quick as they can, which worries me. I wonder how the ratings are. Although, if MTV is trying to get rid of the show quickly, why does it seem that they love to air reruns. I think I watch this show at least 4 times a day, either on MTV or MTV2.

I hope the adoption isn't going to be the series finale. : (

steavi

steavi

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 10:36 PM

I thought the last episode was tear-jerking. I cried more than once. But maybe I am PMSing.

The baby was so cute. It was kind of predictable that Vanessa and Angela would be there for the new addition. JoJo being so sad about his sisters leaving was a bit shocking, but made me cry none the less.

Can Diggy be any cuter...talking about how Barney is a good show. Come on now. But he is still soooo cute.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 10:37 PM

For some reason I thought there were going to be two episodes tonight (as there have been in past weeks), so I was surprised when we only got the one. If that was indeed the series finale (which I kind of feel like it was, even if MTV is calling it the season finale at this point) I'm happy with it. I felt like things have come full-circle, with Miley entering the house, the death of Victoria being truly acknowledged and fully accepted, Angela and Vanessa on their way (or almost) to California; things seem like they've truly evolved in a good way for this family.

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 10:38 PM

I want Angela's red epi leather Speedy...

And I laughed at Jojo crying like a baby...it was cute, but still funny considering how hard he tries to act.