Nick Cannon Presents Wild'n Out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

112 replies to this topic

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2006 @ 11:25 AM

When Kanye West made an appearance I felt as though they were totally kissing his arrogant ass too. All of his comebacks weren't any of comedic nature to me--just long drawn out corny ass ramblings of freestyling.

I honestly don't think that Kanye West even has a sense of humor. It's like whenever he tries to be funny he just ends up looking like an ass.

rly723

rly723

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 18, 2006 @ 3:10 PM

supposedly its an improv show , but i'm skeptical..it seems like thy prepare and acteo ut some of the ksits before hand, especially when using props or when a couple of people are in the skit...especially the battle rap parts some seem urehearsed, but other sound like thy memorized it...i thought it was a cool show at first, but some parts seems planned out thats all

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 1:30 PM

some parts seems planned out thats all

It is MTV after all where almost every reality show they air is partially scripted so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

gritty

gritty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2006 @ 11:54 PM

Anyone catch the show tonight? Katt Williams got Spanky. It was so fucking funny....something to the effect of,

You don't like my hair, I can wear a hat
But you're fat and ugly and you cant put a hat on that.

Damn, I almost pissed on myself.

Mike Jones' performance was underwhelming. Next week, Busta is on and Charlie Murphy!

SpiitakeMshroom

SpiitakeMshroom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 7:10 PM

Yes! He fucking mashed Spanky, who I can't stand.

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2006 @ 10:15 PM

It's about time they had that Goodman girl contribute something to the show instead of standing in the background dancing.

gritty

gritty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2006 @ 3:15 PM

Goodman girl

Is that the chic whose ass came out of her pants when trying to do a Cameron Diaz impersonation? I agree that she's been pretty useless thus far.

And is it me or do most of the previews reflect the only funny moments on the show. Sometimes everything else is just ...blah.

grimy

grimy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2006 @ 6:39 PM

I don't like it when they make fun of the people in the audience. The rest of it I find funny but they could cut that part and I wouldn't mind a bit. But I guess since they're paid, it's a part of the job. I still can't figure out what that lady standing next to DJ D-wrek is for.

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 11:41 AM

Well, she's a "Wild'n Out Girl" she's there just there to look pretty like the rest of them.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 3:55 PM

I rented the first season of Wild N Out. The special features consist of a bunch of games not shown on TV, a lot of WildStyle (including the complete unedited games with Kanye & Ying Yang) and extended sketches.

Some things you learn:
* Spanky is even less funny than the show indicates.
* The Indian girl is probably gone from the show because Nyima kicked her ass after WildStyle.
* Some of the Wild N Out girls look like drag queens - proof of this is the game with the water w/ two of them instead of Nick and the guest.
* It would be scary to be inside Mikey's head. The guy can get really strange.

Edited by mooncreek, Mar 21, 2006 @ 4:02 PM.

SpiitakeMshroom

SpiitakeMshroom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2006 @ 7:35 PM

More about the fight!!!

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 12:07 AM

* The Indian girl is probably gone from the show because Nyima kicked her ass after WildStyle.

I didn't even notice she was gone.

What's with the white girl doing all of those New Orleans jokes?

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 12:35 PM

It's about time they had that Goodman girl contribute something to the show instead of standing in the background dancing.

While she has been participating more, the only thing I can remember is her twice showing her shorts. Which I guess works on some level. If you aren't making us laugh, you can still make us happy by pulling down your pants.

BoofishFontaine

BoofishFontaine

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 5:48 PM

Nick Cannon - Love Child of Wayne Brady and unfortunately he inherited his father's sense of humor. I have yet to see an episode of this show that stands out

You don't like my hair, I can wear a hat
But you're fat and ugly and you cant put a hat on that.

That was one of the FUNNIEST lines on the show. SUPERPERM is the funniest one on the show

Those Wild N Out girls are running neck and neck with the women on Flavor of Love for the most useless Hoes in the Universe

Edited by BoofishFontaine, Mar 22, 2006 @ 5:50 PM.

grimy

grimy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2006 @ 9:14 PM

most useless Hoes in the Universe

I think somebody just came up with an idea for a pilot.

[dramatic voiceover]
They've all come here but only ONE will leave the show as....The Most Useless Hoe in the Universe.
[/dramatic voiceover]

fashionista79

fashionista79

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2006 @ 10:54 PM

That's it! Tonight's show just proves that the title (and concept) should be changed from "Nick Cannon Presents Wild'n Out" to "Katt Williams and Charlie Murphy Present Wild'n Out." Those two killed it. I laughed so much whenever they were both up. I loved the bit they had to do by trying to make the other laugh. Charile Murphy cracking up at Katt William's (and vice versa) was too much.

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2006 @ 11:42 AM

Is Charlie Murphy officially a comedian, or do they just have him on shows involving comedy?

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 3:25 PM

Yeah, he does stand-up tours, but he's more of a comedy writer.

KaitlinM

KaitlinM

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2006 @ 3:34 PM

You don't like my hair, then I can wear a hat.
But you broke and you fat, there ain't no hat for that!

Pricelessss

grimy

grimy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 12:25 PM

Nick Cannon's got some kind of contest where you can win a chance to be a wildin' out girl. (Warning - Nick Pic of him trying to be LL from 1986 at the link)

pearlie

pearlie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2006 @ 2:07 PM

Didn't the guy with the straightened hair once appear on Comic View as Sexy Bologna? I haven't seen him since! Am I the only one who remembers S.B. - and more importantly, is that him?

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2006 @ 10:59 AM

Is Katt Williams aka Money Mike?

Katt Williams is featured on Vibe's website.

Charlie Murphy is a spokesperson for some clothing line.

I used to like Nick Cannon. Now? Not so much.

The show? I've never watched it b/c I was afraid it was going to suck and that it would be too painful to watch.

thenewdanger

thenewdanger

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 1:12 AM

Yes nicepebbles Katt Williams is Money Mike. To be honest, I fall behind on the show and catch back up. I know he catches guff here, but in my mind, he opened for Dave Chappelle on his comedy tour from a few years ago, so he must have something to him. He's just caught in a position where he's trying to be loyal to his younger fans he got him to where he is, but also being the grown ass man he is. He isn't as raunchy as some of the other funnier comedians.

Anyhow, I think the funniest people are Mikey, Affion and Katt, of course. He deserves his own show because he's way too funny to appear sporadically. I do see that unlike last season, Nick realizes he's probably the funniest guy he has so he tries to put him in as many shows as possible. I do notice he mostly has him on his team though, probably because Katt can win a show by himself if he has to.

Charlie Murphy and Wayne Brady were two good consecutive episodes which has plagued the show. It wouldn't be too bad if they could string together some funny episodes and have the duds as outliers. I think the unfunniness comes when Nick tries to incorporate rappers/singers into a role that should be filled by a comedian. Also, Rasika and Nyima had some sort of fight? Anybody got anymore info about it? That Cameran girl is sort of funny, I'm not sure about Christine Lakin (Sam from Step by Step) she didn't do much. All in all, it's a pretty good show. Nick isn't as funny as some of the best, but he can bring it if he needs. I think he was on top of his game in the the first season epis against Orlando Jones and Christina Milian. I think it helps if he is actually friends with the guest and isn't just inviting them on for some nonsensical reason.

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 11:06 AM

Christine Lakin (Sam from Step by Step)

Is that who the white girl with the hat on was???

mightymos

mightymos

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 1:04 PM

Why were they being so mean to Wayne Brady? I mean it was beyond just clowning they (especially Katt Williams) was going for the jugular.

I'm probably in the minority (heh) but I really like Wayne Brady. I think he's hands down one of the most talented people in the business. But I don't understand why he gets so much hate in the community. Especially after he was able to take the piss on Chapelle show.

Anyway...

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 4:07 PM

I suspect the Chappelle episode is the only reason they agreed to have Wayne as a guest. This despite the fact that Wayne was once spotted in the audience and that this show is a ripoff of Wayne's old gig.

Katt has some good lines in the middle of Paul Wall's video for "Girl"

Sweetxcape

Sweetxcape

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 4:38 PM

I like Wayne Brady too. I think he is very talented and understands his role in the entertainment industry and most importantly, he does not take himself too seriously. He seems very down to earth, without the supersized ego.

And Wild n' out is a blatant rip-off of "Who's Line Is It Anyway". This season seems to have spawned a few new games, but every time I watch the show I say to myself "I've seen this before... I've seen that before." Between Nick ripping the games off Who's line, ripping his look from L.L., his comedic styling (and I use that term very loosely) from Will Smith....sigh.

And to think I loved him in Drum Line.....

Edited by Sweetxcape, Apr 5, 2006 @ 10:55 AM.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Apr 4, 2006 @ 4:39 PM

Didn't the guy with the straightened hair once appear on Comic View as Sexy Bologna? I haven't seen him since! Am I the only one who remembers S.B. - and more importantly, is that him?

Yeah he appeared on Comic View, but he made a joke about Bologna. He was doing a joke that was parodied after Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck jokes called "You Might be a Blackneck if..."

Mr. Shanks

Mr. Shanks

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2006 @ 10:38 AM

He was called Kat in the Hat on the ComicView episode you're talking about.

I think people like to mess with Wayne Brady because of that whole thing about how he's "not hood".

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 10:45 AM

I can't believe Wayne Brady got through a whole show without a choke-a-bitch reference.

Do you now, or have you ever had a Grandfather?

Yes.

And you're welcome.