Actor: Hugh Laurie

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9919 replies to this topic

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:15 PM

Never mind!

Edited by eejm, Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:23 PM.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

• Interests:Improv, Mojo-Kickball, Kickboxing, Cooking, Baking

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:18 PM

Cool! I lurve me some HL! Sorry. I just wanted to post more than "cool". Let me dig up a couple of choice pictures and edit this post.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:23 PM

Dammit! Never mind, aquarian1. I realize that I misread Sars post. Nothing more to look at here!

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 4:24 PM

Hey - we're back up and running with a HL thread. Yay!!!!

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 4:26 PM

Yea! Hey, so it's up and running again ... eejm, wanna come up with one of your clever opening remarks that you've done so well in the beginning of other threads? aquarian1 wanna find some new fabulous photos of HL to put up in herrr?

Sara M

Sara M

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 4:35 PM

By all means, go for it. Just make sure the images aren't from third party sites or are copyrighted material.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 5:07 PM

aquarian1 wanna find some new fabulous photos of HL to put up in herrr?

If you insist... <g>

How's this for a start?

http://i15.photobuck...1/hughintee.jpg

http://i15.photobuck.../HLairpiano.jpg

I will post more later. Need to spread out the beauty.

Edited by aquarian1, Jun 20, 2005 @ 5:08 PM.

Elen

Elen

Stalker

• Interests:Reading, sleeping, hanging out out with friends, nature, music, the usual.<br /><br />TV-wise, I'm a BIG fan of House, Scrubs, and The Office, and I've been known to watch a little ER and Law &amp; Order.

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 5:44 PM

I will post more later. Need to spread out the beauty.

aquarian1, you are so wise. Wouldn't want to hurt ourselves the first day in our new thread, would we? :P

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2005 @ 10:48 PM

Well, I see that didn't get us going far. How about this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 8:13 PM

Yum. Nice pics.

lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 9:58 PM

Those pictures ... completely YUM!

It's so hard to believe that it's the same guy that played that doofus prince in Black Adder.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 10:40 PM

Test your compatibility with HL at celebmatch.com. It made me very, very happy since I was 98% Compatible with him!

physical: 96%
emotional: 99%
intellectual: 99%
Total: 98%

lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 10:57 PM

Huh, I only have about a 60% compatibility with HL. However, I'm 100% compatible with Marcus Allback. Whoever he is.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 10:59 PM

Aw, I got 97% emotional, 92% intellectual but only 77% physical (89%). Guess we'll just be great friends with (3/4) benefits. (My best matches: Gary Payton 100%, Rhys Ifans 99%, Clay Walker 98%, Matthew Perry 98%, Steve Vai 98%... Who are #1, 3 & 5?? Oh, but it turns out I'm 100% physically compatible with Brad Pitt. Does that make me equal to Angelina Jolie?)

Edited by Shelwood, Jun 22, 2005 @ 11:09 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 9:43 AM

Oh goody. One of my best matches was with Glenn Quinn who's DEAD. (I've got a 97% for Joseph Finnes, however, which is nice.) Anyway, I've got an 80% match with HL - 85% physical, 97% emotional, and 58% intellectual.

Countbeans

Countbeans

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 11:49 AM

Sadly, I'm not much of a match with HL, but if Cal Ripken ever becomes available we were apparently made for each other. His eyes are almost as purty as HL's!

MsJ

MsJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 12:49 PM

I saw this HL quote online and thought it was funny, so I thought I'd post an excerpt (it's from a "Stuart Little" interview).

Did you have any trouble with your American accent?

I watched a lot of television - that was my training. Pretty arduous it was too. Jonathan (Lipnicki, who plays George Little) had a dialect coach and I used to borrow her every now and then because you never want to bother the other actors. I didn't want to go to Geena 'Just say cylindrical again for me.' That would be annoying. The first film I just stayed American all the time on the set because going in and out messes up your ear. Plus, if you're living in America, it's easier to go and buy milk as an American. If you go as an Englishman you've got to say everything twice.

I wonder if he asks anyone on the "House" set to pronounce stuff for him--RSL, maybe?

CalliopeIrja

CalliopeIrja

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 4:22 PM

I only got a 61. I am sad.
Off Topic, but, am I too young for the estrogen brigade? {ME=14}

kcolor

kcolor

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 5:22 PM

it's easier to go and buy milk as an American. If you go as an Englishman you've got to say everything twice.

Ok, I'll bite. What is the word for milk in English?

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 5:32 PM

Off Topic, but, am I too young for the estrogen brigade? {ME=14}

No, because I'm in it, and I'm the same age. So what if he's old enough to be our fathers? He's still hot and talented.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 23, 2005 @ 5:34 PM.

Elen

Elen

Stalker

• Interests:Reading, sleeping, hanging out out with friends, nature, music, the usual.<br /><br />TV-wise, I'm a BIG fan of House, Scrubs, and The Office, and I've been known to watch a little ER and Law &amp; Order.

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 5:37 PM

Oh good...I've got almost 3 years on you two, but the fact that he's older than my dad mademe a leetle bit worried with myself at first.

ETA: Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can confuse 'two' with 'too'!

Edited by Elen, Jun 23, 2005 @ 6:01 PM.

Adri

Adri

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 7:36 PM

Damn, now I really want to hear his "natural" voice.

RacerX

RacerX

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 8:02 PM

Ok, I'll bite. What is the word for milk in English?

Milk.

praeceptrix

praeceptrix

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 8:55 PM

My overall compatibility with Hugh is 89%: physical 77%, emotional 90%, intellectual 99%. Bizarre. But I take comfort in the intellectual -- after all, the brain *is* the sexiest organ, right?

My "best' matches: Wierd Al Yankovic 99%, Sam Raimi (who?) 99%, Victor Reinier (who?) 98%, Benjamin Bratt 98%, Brad Pitt 98% (wow, according to them, I too am 100% physical match & 100% intellectual match -- I think the former would horrify Brad & the latter is a bit, er, insulting to me!).

If I switch-hit, my perfect match is Meg Ryan -- 100% across the board. I suspect it is because we share a birthday.

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

praeceptrix, don't sell yourself short -- as far as the physical match with Mr. Pitt. But I have a feeling Mr. Pitt isn't dumb. An intellect? Well, no, probably not. I think he's fairly bright -- aside from his alleged infidelity. (Oh Lord -- Benjamin Bratt!!! Oh Lord -- Weird Al??)

And I can't get onto that site to do the compatibility test! If this is based on birthdays, then I'm guessing I'm not a good match with HL. : ( (Well, if it's based on birthdays, then I'm going with horoscopes ... I'm a Sag he's a Gemini. Bad match.)

Edited by mujer, Jun 23, 2005 @ 11:11 PM.

armadillos81

armadillos81

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 9:18 PM

Only 70% Boo.
The people I match the best with have last names like LuaLua and Coco. Does that mean I'm in trouble?

lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 10:04 PM

Sam Raimi (who?) 99% - praeceptrix

He directed Spiderman. Supposedly very respected.

And I sympathize with all those who have bad matches of either gender. I've never heard of any of my male matches and with female matches... they matched me with Charlize Theron at 98%. Dear God. Perhaps it's my fervent loathing of Charlize that has made me a match. Blah blah blah she was good in [/I]Monster[I] (so they say). I guess I should just be happy it wasn't Nicole Kidman.

praeceptrix

praeceptrix

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 10:47 PM

Sam Raimi (who?) 99% - praeceptrix

He directed Spiderman. Supposedly very respected.

Thanks for the clarification lostdwarf. That is even a movie I have actually seen! And liked. I feel better now. And then I remember Wierd Al...

lostdwarf

lostdwarf

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2005 @ 12:16 AM

If it makes you feel better, he was really cool in the early 90s.

Not so much now, but at least he had the 90s.

Auditrix

Auditrix

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 24, 2005 @ 7:11 AM

My Hugh index: overall 66%; physical 46%; emotional 43%; intellectual 99%. And I'm just going to have to take comfort from that since this site tells me that I'm merely 56% compatible with Ioan Gryffud (56%). Might as well do the whole Sense and Sensibility trifecta and share that my index for Hugh Grant is 69% (shrug) and for Alan Rickman is 85%....