Ratings and Scheduling: Vital Signs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2247 replies to this topic

Prothall

Prothall

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

I agree with QueenofCups - when Chase and Cameron weren't even in the 100th episode (and Shore/Jacobs didn't see why that was such a big deal), and we instead got 13's magical brain tumor, that developed and was cured in about one day of House time (if only the rest of the world's cancer sufferers could be that lucky!), the writing was on the wall.

I don't know what ratings the season 4 finale got, but that was really the last time House was can't miss TV - for me, anyway. Sometimes now I even forget it's on.

Edited by Prothall, Feb 16, 2012 @ 3:47 PM.

m3dix

m3dix

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

You know, QoC, your "crowd-pleaser" theory makes the most sense. It WAS a different show the first three seasons, and by S5, it was pretty much like anything else out there - "soapish." I think the "survivor island season" was the last original idea the writers had before they start culling story lines and situations from other mainstream shows. But they presented them in the "House" way: darker, crueler, more outrageously. What made it even more painful and confusing was Hugh Laurie's biannual announcement each season about the "outstanding writing" and how "proud" they all were of what they were doing, becoming more hyperbolic as each season progressed. It made ME feel like I was missing the point, or that everyone else was in on the joke, except me.

Edited by m3dix, Feb 16, 2012 @ 3:53 PM.

Ron Smith

Ron Smith

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

@m3dix:

I mostly checked out at season 4 because I felt that "survivor" plot was too gimmicky even for House, and it felt like even then that the POTW was more of a B-plot to House's zany pranks on Cuddy and/or Wilson.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of TPTB say that this was meant to be a three season show, or the the original ducklings' fellowship was only supposed to be three years? Whatever the case, they never properly transitioned the old team to the new team, and in the process ruined Foreman and Cameron's characters via apathy (Foreman) or crazy (Cameron). What's worse is that I think that since then they've been trying to recreate Cameron with no success only because Cameron was written great with her peers and Morrison worked well on screen with Epps, Spencer, and Laurie.

There have been some standouts as I've come to enjoy Taub on occasion, and some of the episodes were good...but as many have already stated, season 7 just felt like a disaster where as seasons one through three were perfect. I'll always treasure the first three seasons, though there were some aspects of season 3 I wasn't fond of, to be honest.

Edited by Ron Smith, Feb 16, 2012 @ 8:19 PM.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Please take seasons vs seasons discussion to the All Seasons thread. Thanks.

Artsda

Artsda

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

They just pre-empted House and Alcatraz for tonight for the Daytona 500.

lz1982

lz1982

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

And yet House's official Facebook page still has it airing tonight. No news on when it will air. Fox dropped the ball on this one. I understand they're contractually obligated to show NASCAR, but they should have done a better job getting the word out.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Why is NASCAR on Monday night? Isn't that a weekend thing?

Paint Chips

Paint Chips

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

Daytona 500 was rained out yesterday - they are running it now...blech.

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

It's airing in Canada. Is it going to air on the West Coast?

wej5541

wej5541

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

Well, there is always itunes tomorrow. Any news of rescheduling?

Bottle Rockets

Bottle Rockets

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Daytona was rained out yesterday and in the afternoon today. Which I believe is a first on both counts.

Thus, it's hard to say that Fox dropped the ball. They just didn't have that much time for a notice.

They'll likely draw better ratings tonight anyhow

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

If they had run Daytona in the rain they might not have so many fires.

If someone finds out when tonight's House will run on the east coast, please post. Would be nice if they put it on Hulu this week.

ETA: New from Facebook:

Due to the Daytona 500 race, Tonight's episode of HOUSE is preempted. Catch an all-new episode on Monday, March 19 at 8/7c.

Does that mean we won't see tonight's ep for three weeks?

Edited by Driad, Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:54 PM.

lz1982

lz1982

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

Bottle Rockets: I still say they dropped the ball because the news was posted here this morning, but was not on Facebook or on the official site until about an hour ago. When other channels preempt shows for sports, I usually see a news crawl, but didn't see anything on Fox.

karra

karra

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, reading, baking.

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

But it did air? Or at least it did here...

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

It didn't air on the West Coast, either.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

I wasn't sure if it was going to be on or not, but it ended up being aired here on the west coast of Canada. And I'm annoyed that I can't discuss it! lol It sucks that so many people couldn't watch it.

090108joanna

090108joanna

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

Has anyone heard for sure when "Love is Blind" will air? Will it now be the March 19th episode, or will they do it sooner?

Edited by TWoP Nikita, Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:26 AM.
boards on boards

wej5541

wej5541

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

"Love Is Blind" is currently downloading from itunes. You can see it there.

Looks like FOX pulled the episode from itunes.

eelpout

eelpout

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:34 AM

Looks like it will air a week from Friday. From my DVR software:

House
Episode: Love Is Blind
Airing: Mar 9, 2012 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Duration: 60 m
Channel: 242-USAHD
Description: The team works to save a blind man with a mysterious illness; House's mother makes an unexpected visit.
Category: Drama/Mystery - First Run
Original Air Date: Monday, February 27, 2012

Edited by eelpout, Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:38 AM.

090108joanna

090108joanna

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:46 AM

eelpout -- Thanks for the info. It seems very strange that Fox would allow this to air on USA, in the afternoon, before they air it on Fox in primetime, but, if true, I'm glad we don't have to wait until 3/19 to see it. It deals with a subject that's pivotal to the character, and many of us have been waiting 8 years to get an episode that gives us some answers about House's bio dad.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:50 AM

I bet that's going to be changed. Fox won't let a House episode air first on USA.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

Right - if they pulled it from itunes, they'll pull is from USA. Whether DVR scheduling info will be changed is another matter.

peggy06

peggy06

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

That had better not be right! I can't watch shows at 1 pm and don't have dvr. This is the first episode in a long time I was actually looking forward to, with Michael B. Jordan as one of the guest stars.

shtyrayumsugs

shtyrayumsugs

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:57 AM

Just an FYI, my cable provider, Comcast, is showing a repeat of Broken part 2 on 3/9/12 at 1PM.

BookWoman56

BookWoman56

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:46 PM

If anyone is interested, I was just able to watch Love Is Blind on Amazon's instant video. It was not available Tuesday, and had a notice that because of licensing agreements, it was not available to view. I hadn't checked since then until today, but it was there today and I was able to buy the episode and watch it. I still haven't seen anything on when it will actually air on Fox.

twinmom

twinmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

"Love is Blind" will air on March 19 when House comes back from the Winter Break.

tobiatoo

tobiatoo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

Does anyone have the episode air dates for the remainder of the season/series? Thanks!

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

I believe they start tomorrow and go 8 straight weeks with no interruptions.