HoYay: Just What the Doctor Ordered

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

7950 replies to this topic

manic

manic

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:53 PM

You know this one has to be here.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

I've been searching the 'net for the exact words of House's "are we breaking up?" quote to Wilson to use as a title here. Can't even remember what episode that was.

I always just smile and nod when HoYay! is brought up, but sometimes you just can't avoid it. Like Clark and Lex. Or Reed and Trip.

House and Wilson beat them all by a mile. Especially after the scene where House prepares for his date with Cameron and Wilson is helping himself to House's kitchen. I mean, there's surface HetYay! with House getting ready for a date with a girl, but c'mon! He and Wilson are such an old married couple in that scene.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

• Interests:Improv, Mojo-Kickball, Kickboxing, Cooking, Baking

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:02 PM

Yes, yes! That was part of the whole monster truck rally episode, wasn't it?

ETA: In reference to the "Are we breaking up" line.

Edited by aquarian1, Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:09 PM.

manic

manic

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:03 PM

Wilson says he'll fix House's tie for him, and then crashes on the couch to wait. Let's not forget ditching Julie for House over Christmas, Smithers and Mr. Burns have nothing on House and Wilson

kel

kel

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:17 PM

House/Wilson=OTP.

Forget about Wilson's "wife," I spend more time yelling, "Oh, just KISS ALREADY!" at the TV than is healthy.

Is there any way to add the "Are we breaking up?" line to the title? It's most appropriate. Or something about tie-fixing.

Edited by kel, Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:20 PM.

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:23 PM

Damn, I was hoping the thread title would be "HoYay: Just What The Doctor Ordered"

Anyway, yes, there have been many occusions in whixh I was screaming for House and Wilson to kiss.

Edited by The 2nd Evil, Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:23 PM.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:26 PM

Personally, I want to see House grab Chase's ass.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:27 PM

Bwah!

And yet, ew. If only because I've always loved the whole "Chase transfers his daddy issues to House" theory. So much so, that my mind immediately shouted "incest"!

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:27 PM

Yes, DC and he has mentioned it more than a couple of times too.

Edited by aquarian1, Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:28 PM.

DarknessReigns

DarknessReigns

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:38 PM

"I've got no kids, my marriage sucks; I only have two things that work for me: this job and this stupid screwed up friendship, and neither mattered enough to you to give one lousy speech."

You don't get lines like this on ANY lame Hallmark card.

Nothing says HoYay like a 'screwed-up' friendship!!

KatherineO

KatherineO

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 9:40 PM

Ya know, I dig the House/Wilson HoYay, but it's my perfect HoYay: Beautiful on it's own, with the added bonus of being able to believe in the HetYay as well.

This is probably because I adore the House/Wilson moments (Wouse? Hilson? Ew.), but I also find House/Stacey or H/Cuddy or even H/Cameron appealing. Ok, I probably just love House himself, with a side of anything. Ahem.

This post really made very little sense.

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:16 PM

OK, being that we're all giddy with happiness, I think this is the time to finally ask (and that you'll forgive me) for asking such a stupid question, but I have to. Yes. I must.

WTF does HoYay stand for/mean? For weeks I’ve been trying to figure it out but was afraid to ask. Sorta like sex. I think I've pretty much guessed what it's all about (Alfie) ...

Need the info. (Please, put the tomatoes down!)

Edited by mujer, Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:19 PM.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:19 PM

It's "Homoeroticism Yay!" Generally, it's used when the homoeroticism in question is subtextual, like House & Wilson, who we have no real reason to believe would be gay for each other, but HL and RSL make it so easy to read between the lines.

Britomart

Britomart

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:25 PM

This show (happily) hasn't given an occasion for it yet, but mujer, you don't even want to ask about InYay! ::shudder::

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:30 PM

So long as House never grabs Chase's ass, that shouldn't be a problem, Britomart.

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:29 PM

Harrison Fjord, Britomart, thank you for educating me. I now officially feel in the know. And yes, you've got me curious about "InYay," but that's for another time.

manic

manic

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:29 PM

The 2nd Evil, you really nailed the topic title. Glark was kind enough to change it. Kudos.

Britomart

Britomart

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:44 PM

So long as House never grabs Chase's ass, that shouldn't be a problem, Britomart.

This? Made me laugh so hard I snorted like a pig. Despite that confession (and mental image), Harrison Fjord, will you marry me?

JoHL

JoHL

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 12:07 AM

Nothing says HoYay like a 'screwed-up' friendship!!

Yes!

And the fact that Dr. Panty-peeler has never been seen with a woman in that way in all of S1 (nurses, wives, etc. are Veras), & that the two actors are the show's best, with the best exchanges, & the best chemistry, & RSL has had a 'fiancée' for a decade...

manic

manic

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 3:11 AM

Over at the "official site" at Fox.com it shouldn't surprise any of us that "neither" is winning by a whooping 82% as the official choice for "who's the perfect woman for House?" over the choices of Cameron or Stacy.

Those silly network execs should know better than to doubt the HoYay!

anybodysfool07

anybodysfool07

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 4:34 PM

Oh, blessed, blessed HoYay! thread, this is where I will be hanging out for the next few seasons.

Wouse? Hilson? Ew

Hm. We do need some sort of name for the House/Wilson ship. Any suggestions?

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 4:44 PM

" Night Riders? Riding in Cars with Boys (for riding around in the 'vette at night). Ok, I know that's not what you're asking, it's just the first things that popped into my head, along with "crazy, screwed up friendship".

Let's see... for real... Hou-son? Hilson? (Wilouse and Wouse just don't work for me).

edited for correct spelling

Edited by aquarian1, Jun 10, 2005 @ 4:45 PM.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 5:04 PM

Go with their first names: Grimmy.

aquarian1

aquarian1

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 5:08 PM

Or for that matter a combo of first and last, like Grouse. Oh wait, that's Greg and House - same person. Grilson? Jouse? Ok, Ok, sticking with both first names: Jimory?

ETA: Thinking and saying "Jimory" has lead to me hearing Dick Van Dyke singing "Chim- chimory, chim- chimory, chim chim charoo" in my head.

Jim-jimory, jim-jimory, jim jim jaroo

ETA: Should we also come up with a House/Chase name?

Edited by aquarian1, Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:59 PM.

Magwitch

Magwitch

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 8:26 AM

House/Wilson=OTP.

Can anyone doubt it, when you just need to look at that warm and fuzzy Christmas and Chinese food scene at the end of "Damned If You Do"? I think that's as close as the writers of this show have ever gotten to sappy territory.

Edited by Magwitch, Jun 13, 2005 @ 8:26 AM.

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2005 @ 7:17 AM

Haven't seen you HoYayers post lately, so here's a little somethin' for you I found on TV Potluck. Enjoy!

Edited by mujer, Jun 23, 2005 @ 6:51 PM.

kc2win

kc2win

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2005 @ 6:05 PM

Two guys who have failed miserably with women find comfort in their deep friendship... The classic coverup for subliminal Ho Yay! And whatever Het Yay that may rear its head would have to compete with their established rapport. I do hope there will be no stupid "rift" ahead to make them hate each other...

skyegazer

skyegazer

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2005 @ 7:58 AM

I bet I'm the only one who saw Foreman/Marty Hoyay, huh? Something about their early scenes made me think they were flirting, and when they discussing Foreman's job over dinner, I really thought those two were on a date at first.

Aileithyia

Aileithyia

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2005 @ 9:55 AM

I bet I'm the only one who saw Foreman/Marty Hoyay, huh?

Nope. Even House was all 'I'll get the oil'. I guess 'lube' would have been just a little too risque.

eyeroller

eyeroller

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2005 @ 12:36 AM

So, I forced a friend who's staying with me this weekend to watch a TiVo'd episode, which ended up being Maternity.

At the end, before House spots Wheezing on Bears, when Wilson leaves, my friend said "Those two are going home together, right?"

Apparently the HoYay doesn't take long to sink in.