Lisa Cuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1456 replies to this topic

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:41 PM

She's mighty mighty, and lettin' all hang out every week at TWoP now!

Sars

Sars

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:08 PM

I didn't mention this in my recap, but I HAAAAAAAATED her on Felicity. HATED HER. And I thought it was the actress who bugged me, but she's really good, so in retrospect, I see that she was good on Felicity too and the character was what bugged me.

Also, they put her in really cute suits that I want to own.

Harrison Fjord

Harrison Fjord

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:15 PM

Also, they put her in really cute suits that I want to own.

Always nice to get a woman's opinion on that. I love her outfits myself, but I see a lot of people complaining about the amount of cleavage. That may be simply because she chooses not to button her shirts, and not the fault of the costumes themselves, but she rarely gets compliments on her wardrobe, so that makes me happy.

I so want to find out if that was really Cuddy in "Three Stories".

I'm glad they got Lisa to play the Inspector Lestrade part. HL and RSL of course bring the sexy in their own way, but LE is my choice for eye candy.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 11:33 PM

I caught the pilot of The West Wing the other day, and it was striking how much better Lisa looks now. It wasn't just the hair, makeup and wardrobe, though that helps -- I think she's gained just a smidge of weight, exactly enough to soften her face (but it doesn't show in her body at all). I am very, very jealous of her ability to age in reverse.

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 11:44 PM

it was striking how much better Lisa looks now. It wasn't just the hair, makeup and wardrobe, though that helps -- I think she's gained just a smidge of weight,

You mean she used to be thinner? Yikes!

Anyway, I adore Cuddy. I want to know so much more about her.

And yes. I still stand behind my desire to see one drunken night of snarky sex between her and House.

labyrinth

labyrinth

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 12:02 AM

I'm disappointed there's not more Cuddy love here yet, 'cause I think she's one of the best, if not the best, female character on tv right now. She's got it all...looks, power, intelligence, snarky wit, compassion, savvy, etc., etc., etc. In the old thread people were suggesting songs to go along with characters. I don't have one for professional Cuddy, but I can't help but think in her personal life that "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" would be appropriate! (which would be totally compatible with drunken snarky House sex, mujer!)

armadillos81

armadillos81

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:30 AM

I also love Cuddy, and find the fact that she chooses not to button her shirts hilarious! My roommate and I had been commenting (read- snarking) about this for weeks and (as she can attest to) I almost died of laughter at House's "funbags" and "whole foods" comments.

Dafna G.

Dafna G.

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 2:09 AM

Count me as another big big Cuddy fan. I've been a LE fan since "Relativity" and it's so nice to see her in a good show as a regular, not just a recurring.

I also covet her wardrobe, the slightly inappropriateness of which I see as a power thing. Like, she's the boss so she can dress any damn way she wants. I bet it was more toned down before.

In fact, less Cuddy time is the main reason I was so worried about Stacy. But now that Stacy's proven to be an adult, I'm fine with her. Now if only we could get a helicopter to drop on Cameron ...

Uber Beaver

Uber Beaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:30 AM

I love Cuddy. She can snark with the best of them, she's a capable doctor, and I too love her outfits. She's one of the few women on television that I love right now, and LE's portrayal of her is a huge part of that.

And yes. I still stand behind my desire to see one drunken night of snarky sex between her and House.

I agree. I see it as a knock out drag out struggle to see who's on top with non-stop banter from start to finish

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:34 AM

I see it as a knock out drag out struggle to see who's on top

HA! I love it! Somewhere in this, Cuddy is bound to make some sort of remark about House's cane. Whether it is his actual cane, or his *ahem* "other" cane, well...

flakewhite

flakewhite

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:48 AM

More Cuddy in S2! Please.

I, too love her wardrobe although I don't think any real woman would wear it to work as an administrator. Her clothes are so much better than the polyester jackets and fake men's wear that's worn like armour in Washington, D.C. I like the lack of armour look, and I like that it carries over into her personality, as well--a wonderful combination of snark and compassion dished out very nicely indeed.

beastiegirl

beastiegirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:49 PM

Someone in the old thread mentioned that Laurie actually dressed more conservatively (or at least, was more covered up) than Cuddy, which is both true and amusing.

I didn't like the character at first because it felt like they were going to take her in the direction of the stereotypical humourless administrator (I think I'm one of the few who found that whole "philosopher Jagger" exchange to be really lame and unfunny). But I think she's great now.

I never watched Felicity, but I liked Lisa's work on TWW and after I discovered Sports Night I liked her there, too. The only thing that freaks me out a bit about her is how uneven her eyes are - she's got the whole Shannon Doherty thing going on. But she's got a face that's probably going to age really well - great bone structure.

rivki8699

rivki8699

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:53 PM

DDP

Edited by rivki8699, Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:56 PM.

rivki8699

rivki8699

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:55 PM

I love her. And I'm really not sure why. But she's smart and snarky and secretly compassionate and what more could anyone wish for? Oh, and ITA about the night of House/Cuddy action. I need to at least see them kiss, even if it's a dream/hallucination sequence. But yeah, I think they'd be hot together.

evendelae

evendelae

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 1:59 PM

Here to declare the Cuddy love as well! I'm sort of a closet House/Cuddy shipper, but I really don't see them in a relationship. Like mujer said, drunk snarky sex would be a very good thing. A very, very good thing.

Meems

Meems

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:57 PM

I love Cuddy too. And I'm a closet House/Cuddy shipper as well (of all the women on the show, I think HL has the best chemistry with LE), but I don't want them to get together until the very end of the show.

However, I'm of the opinion that they totally hooked up at some point, and I'd be all over them showing a flashback of the hot snarky sex.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:41 PM

I love Cuddy too. And I'm a closet House/Cuddy shipper as well (of all the women on the show, I think HL has the best chemistry with LE), but I don't want them to get together until the very end of the show.

However, I'm of the opinion that they totally hooked up at some point, and I'd be all over them showing a flashback of the hot snarky sex.

Word on all counts.

I really hope Shore keeps his promise and goes deeper into the characters he's neglected, like Cuddy. I really love how she keeps in step with House and never lets him walk all over her.

I've also never seen a problem with her outfits. Granted, I watch Charmed (insert mocking "Ha ha!" here), so I may just be oblivious to cleavage now.

vagabond

vagabond

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:25 PM

First, eejm: Awesome thread title. I like it even better than the one you came up with for Foreman.

Now, about all this House/Cuddy shippiness (or one-night-stand-ness): I'm not so sure I want either of those plot developments. There's some chemistry between the two characters, sure, but after "Three Stories," I prefer to think of them as two people who have forged a professional and personal -- but not THAT personal -- comradeship. And their shared penchant for snark derives, in large part, from their understanding that the only way to deal with the tragedy of House's leg is to make jokes, to pretend that things aren't as painful as they really are. And personally, I'd prefer it if one of the three main female characters on the show wasn't in love with or attracted to House -- just respected him as a doctor and a human being.

But Cuddy/Wilson? That I'd love to see.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:34 PM

Something occurred to me: When we've talked about Cuddy and House having a one-nighter or a fling or some such, we've kind of assumed it was a while back. Is that because we can't imagine him snarking on the sex with her too close to the event, because that would be too harsh? But with a little distance, it's alright?

movable nu

movable nu

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 11:56 PM

s that because we can't imagine him snarking on the sex with her too close to the event, because that would be too harsh? But with a little distance, it's alright?

Actually, D.C., my theory is that they're having clothes-tearing quickies in the supply closets on a daily basis. House & Cuddy's sexual snark is a) throw others off the trail and b) freakin' hot foreplay.

Makes perfect sense. Also partially explains Cuddy's suits (which I love) - easy access!

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2005 @ 9:36 AM

Something occurred to me: When we've talked about Cuddy and House having a one-nighter or a fling or some such, we've kind of assumed it was a while back.

Yeah, I definitely see this as a very "way past" and one-time thing only. In the old thread some of us also thought that one time probably didn't turn out too great, but provided laughs during. And yes, because so much time has passed they can make quips about it now.

There's some chemistry between the two characters, sure, but after "Three Stories," I prefer to think of them as two people who have forged a professional and personal -- but not THAT personal -- comradeship. And their shared penchant for snark derives, in large part, from their understanding that the only way to deal with the tragedy of House's leg is to make jokes, to pretend that things aren't as painful as they really are.

vagabond, I absolutely see your point and agree. But I also think she could (or someone like her) "deal" with him. We see her do it all the time, granted she takes a lot of shit from him in the process, but eventually she gets through. It's tough, but so is she. Cuddy obviously has some of the qualities Stacy has, but she also has compassion, something I don't believe we've seen in Stacy (well, I don't think as far as she and House, but I'm soley basing this on only two episodes. But that could very well change being she's going to be in 7 more episodes). I could see House/Cuddy's professional respect for each also work in a personal relationship. Don't get me wrong; I do not want to see House and Cuddy in a relationship. I want House to stay as crabass and angsty, but to get a grip on why he's this way, and take tiny baby steps in correcting some of his issues (namely his drug problem, which I think could get worse -- moving on to other substances?). Anyway, one of those "baby steps" could be Cuddy. And I'd like to see -- the possibility of that -- when the series ends.

Edited by mujer, Jun 11, 2005 @ 12:29 PM.

vagabond

vagabond

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 11, 2005 @ 9:41 PM

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, mujer. I wholeheartedly agree that Cuddy has shown tremendous compassion and saint-like patience with House, esp. when she defended him time and time again to Vogler. And though I'd prefer for them to remain friends, I could get on board with the "baby steps" scenario you described that could end (at the very end) with a romantic relationship.

Still...I'd much rather see her with Wilson. IMO, he needs a strong, honest woman to turn his life around much more than House does.

Zips off to the Wilson thread....

mujer

mujer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2005 @ 10:09 PM

Oh, I forgot (failed) to give props to Meems for making the same (original) statement in this thread:

I think HL has the best chemistry with LE), but I don't want them to get together until the very end of the show.

cuz that's what I said but didn't acknowledge her post (sorry Meems!).

Also, I thought I had commented on this:

my theory is that they're having clothes-tearing quickies in the supply closets on a daily basis. House & Cuddy's sexual snark is a) throw others off the trail and b) freakin' hot foreplay.

movable nu-- you? Are naughty. (I love it!) This has never crossed my mind, but I must say, sounds like effing fun (pun intended)! Nothing like snarky sex. In a closet!

Still...I'd much rather see her with Wilson. IMO

Hmmm ... I do see your point. Certainly. And a very interesting combo (I adore me some Wilson!). However ... still on that "baby step" Cuddy/House thang. :-)

Edited by mujer, Jun 12, 2005 @ 11:04 AM.

njpoz

njpoz

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 3:00 AM

I have to admit, it was my attraction to Cuddy that initially got me to sit down and watch an episode of House. Everything else about the show was great too, so now I'm hooked.

movable nu

movable nu

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 3:02 PM

movable nu-- you? Are naughty. (I love it!) This has never crossed my mind, but I must say, sounds like effing fun (pun intended)! Nothing like snarky sex. In a closet!

Ah, mujer, I blush!

But as much as I like this scenerio (and the requisite flashbacks & cutaways), I'd also be happy with any other House/Cuddy ship or non-ship that plays out. As long as Cuddy consistently gets lots of screen time with House and the others, I'll be happy.

KatalynJ

KatalynJ

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 3:44 PM

I'd rather see her with Wilson too. She's a lot like Stacy and House himself, and it would be too much like House/Stacy all over again.

Whereas Wilson needs someone strong and snarky. And who doesn't mind green ties.

But I'm wondering if she'd like to hook up permanently with anyone at all. Maybe she prefers short-term liasons and gives her heart to her job rather than to a fickle man.

Enigmatics

Enigmatics

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 6:07 PM

Does anyone else see a resemblance between LE and Connie Sellecca or is it just me?

flakewhite

flakewhite

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 6:54 PM

Enigmatics, it may just be you. I've never seen anything but a still photo of Connie Selleca so I may be misled, but LE projects more intelligence and wit than Selleca's still photos do. Also, LE's face is thinner.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 7:22 PM

I was thinking: Does anybody (at TWoP, that is) not like Cuddy? Thre are people who can't forgive Chase and think he's too ambitious, there are those who can't stand Cameron, there are even some people who don't like House himself, but who doesn't like Cuddy?

Lizzim

Lizzim

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2005 @ 8:24 PM

Enigmatics, it may just be you.

Eh - when LE wears her hair straight, I can see it a little. They have the same coloring and their eyes are similar. I can buy it, but it doesn't hit me over the head.