Spoilers Only: "Oh, Magic Eight Ball"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

4057 replies to this topic

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

• Interests:Anime, Screenwriting, Reading, Drama

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:30 PM

It's still a bit early for them, but might as well get the thread up and running now.

Goodbye, black bars! Hello, spoiler thread!

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:30 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:32 PM

Aw, darnit...I was going to call this the Panty Peeler Thread. Who cares, House is getting recapped and I just can't feel bad today. :)

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:34 PM

Hee! But "panty peeler" already got used for Wilson's thread.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:34 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:36 PM

"So I see. As long as "panty peeler" has made it somewhere into this beautiful, beautiful board.

pitairie

pitairie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:05 PM

With all these new subforums I'm gonna have to quit my job! I'll never have time to keep up!

Anyway, soldiering on - can someone please parse the following out for me, because WTF?

quote from this week's TV Guide:

Q: Will Stacy be back on House?
A: ... expect House's true love to be around a little longer. As for Ward's on-screen husband, - he's still alive and will prove to be a worthy adversary for House. "He realizes what's going on between House and his wife," says executive producer Katie Jacobs, "and he is not going to go down easily." (my bold)

Edited by pitairie, Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:06 PM.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:12 PM

Well, I, for one, desperately hope that's not a double entendre. Threesome!

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:11 PM

Actually, that's not a spoiler. All things released by the media is fair game, last I checked.

Either way, that's an interesting tidbit. Not exactly what'd I want to see, but I trust these writers.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:14 PM.

amysusanne

amysusanne

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 8:02 AM

I trust the writers, too. I was worried when they leaked the whole Monster Truck "date", but I wound up loving it. I was worried about Stacy returning for the finale, but after watching it a zillion times, I think they did a great job. In spite of a couple of missteps, I have faith in them.

I do like the idea (and I guess I should probably take this to the spec thread) that Mark isn't going to be a doormat. They could have easily just pushed him aside and had House and Stacy having sex on the conference room table, but they're making him an actual character. I am completely behind the idea of a naked Hugh Laurie and/or a naked Sela Ward, but I'm more behind the idea of this guy not being an idiot.

And, again, happy spoiler thread. Happy "no more black bars" day!

Now, they just need to get us some real spoilers. Or fake ones. I'm not picky, I just need a fix.

KatalynJ

KatalynJ

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:04 PM

David Shore said it wasn't going to turn into a soap opera, but it's hard to see how House and Stacy yearning for each other as true loves who can never be together and Stacy's husband fighting being cuckolded isn't going to be bubbles galore. It makes House either a cad to be going after a sick man's wife or a wimp to want a woman he knows he shouldn't have. A two hour movie might be able to carry it off, 9+ episodes of a triangle seems impossible to avoid getting overkill. Even the Vogler arc was too long.

After how both Chase and Cameron were ruined midseason, I don't trust the writers so much any more. Chase turned into a weasel for no reason other than to advance the Vogler plot and then suddenly he's back okay again, and Cameron went from assertive and intelligent to cringe-worthy. The monster truck date worked for the one episode. By the time the second House/Cameron episode came in Control, it was getting bad. Add to that her conversation with Chase in Mob Rules, the scenes in Role Models and the negotiations in Kids, and by the time Love Hurts rolled around, Cameron was pretty much lost as an admirable character.

I don't want House himself wimpified, Honeymoon went farther down that road than I wanted to go. Now that House has replaced ER on the forums, I'd hate to see it go down the ER soap path.

Edited by KatalynJ, Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:43 PM.

wisteria

wisteria

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:56 PM

Now, they just need to get us some real spoilers. Or fake ones. I'm not picky, I just need a fix.

It's your lucky day! I just hit the motherlode of (fake) spoilers, and I simply must share. Next season...

-- In a winking nod to real life, Cameron and Chase start dating. The actors quickly get bored with the sappy storyline, though, so we get a five-episode "breakup" arc, complete with shattered beakers, threats of forced intubation, and "Omigod, will Chase quit?!?" drama.

-- February sweeps kicks off with A Very Special Crossover Event, when a bruised and battered Jack Bauer of 24 seeks treatment at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. He and House engage in a pissing contest over who's best at torturing people.

-- Stacy continues to monitor her husband's recovery, which quickly becomes boring. So she brushes off her Constitutional Law training and (not quite grasping the irony) sues House for violating patients' First Amendment right to determine their own welfare.

-- Cuddy's job is in jeopardy when she appears in the AMA's "Hot Babes in Administration" calendar.

-- His marriage now a complete failure, Wilson trawls the nursing staff for Wife #4, with House providing helpful dating tips. Unfortunately, this results in an episode devoted to sexual harrassment training.

-- The season premiere shocker? A patient actually has vasculitis!

-- And in what will certainly be amysusanne's favorite episode, House appears naked! Alas, he's undergoing a decontamination shower after he joins the Ducklings when they go to "investigate" a patient's house. Still, if anyone can make a steamy scrubdown sexy, it'll be HL.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:01 PM

*chokes on soda* "Hot Babes in Administration" - ha!

And may your final "spoiler" prove to be the one that actually happens. Please?

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:12 PM

I do not mind the last one happening at all. And I don't think anyone else would either.

arlykeeno

arlykeeno

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:56 PM

Except I want Wilson to stay married to a Julie, since that's my name. I know it's ridiculous, but... True. So, anyway, if he loses this Julie, can he find another one? It would be funny if Wilson only married women named Julie.

Sara M

Sara M

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 8:26 PM

Real spoilers in here only, please.

KatalynJ

KatalynJ

Posted Jun 11, 2005 @ 9:09 PM

From the Daily Mail article:

At the end of this month he starts filming again 14 hours a day, six days a week and won't finish until next Easter.

Casting sides out the week before... so actual spoilers in two weeks?

amysusanne

amysusanne

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 1:29 PM

Edited by amysusanne, Aug 16, 2005 @ 5:49 PM.

bewarne

bewarne

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 3:04 PM

Where do you check for these casting sides?

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 4:14 PM

They're on an LJ, right?

Mr. Excitement

Mr. Excitement

Fanatic

• Interests:Posting on message boards, watching television programs, posting on message boards about television programs, it's a full life...

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 4:48 PM

Yes, I believe it's the house_md Journal; I believe someone there has a subscription to Showfax, which offers downloadable casting sides for a fee.

amysusanne

amysusanne

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 6:09 PM

edited.

Edited by amysusanne, Jun 23, 2005 @ 9:53 PM.

KatalynJ

KatalynJ

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 6:41 PM

After my disappointment at the sides for Honeymoon (only one new one and a scene that didn't make it into the final re-write at that), I'm not going to get my hopes up for another two weeks so that, like the pessimist Benjamin Franklin, I can be pleasantly surprised when they do show up. But my evil genius expects the first sides any day now if they're going to start filming in two weeks. Numb3rs has already started with the first two.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 6:57 PM

It all depends on the patient really. If the premiere's a regular PotW episode, we should have some nice sides. If it's "Honeymoon Part II", with focus on Stacy, Mark, and House, we probably won't have much since the parts have been cast.

As it is, I'm hoping for the former. As long as I'm indulging myself in the spoilers I tried so hard to avoid in the first season, I might as well wish for a lot of them.

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 13, 2005 @ 6:57 PM.

amysusanne

amysusanne

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 8:56 PM

Edited by amysusanne, Aug 16, 2005 @ 5:51 PM.

DumbBrunette

DumbBrunette

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

Maybe someone should ask Sara M if we can post them here?

Chase is jail bait. I love him, but BWAH!

Edited by DumbBrunette, Jun 20, 2005 @ 9:52 PM.

freebie

freebie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 9:45 PM

Last one, I think.

Edited by freebie, Aug 16, 2005 @ 10:10 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 10:21 PM

I can't get into the web group. It won't accept either of my emails. Grrr. Would anyone be willing to share?

freebie

freebie

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 10:40 PM

Before I get too carried away, we can *discuss* spoilers in this thread, as well as post them, no? I know other shows have separate threads for spoiler discussion, but it doesn't look like we have that (yet) in the House forums. And I definitely don't want to traumatize anyone reading the speculation thread.

Edited by freebie, Aug 16, 2005 @ 10:11 PM.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 10:48 PM

I took it to email, so if posting spoilers from the sides isn't kosher, that's cool. Thanks for what you gave me, freebie!

arlykeeno

arlykeeno

Stalker

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 11:35 PM

This is the spoiler thread, not the spec thread, so posting spoilers ought to be dandy. I can't get into the yahoo group, either. Anybody want to email me or post some summaries here or something? So far I've gathered Chase goes to jail for something and Cameron is crying. I need more, people! (Okay, pathetic whining ends now.)

labyrinth

labyrinth

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 20, 2005 @ 11:38 PM

any spoiler posts you might have contributed or any posts where you discussed spoilers should probably be removed

...explanation found in this post.

post deleted as a precautionary measure

Edited by labyrinth, Aug 16, 2005 @ 10:02 PM.