House in the Media: "Portuguese Medical Journals"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

9736 replies to this topic

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 7:47 PM

Looking at Hollywood Actor Prep makes it pretty clear this is an amateur publication. The hard-to-read typeface, the overuse of capital letters. iitalics, and boldface, and the ugly layout make that clear. This is obviously someone's hobby.

I agree that House did morph last season into the "House and Cuddy Show." Instead of focusing on House, it focussed instead on how and whether House could become worthy of Cuddy. What the article fails to mention is that the "House and Cuddy Show" was a disaster. House's ratings dropped precipitously. Critics no longer promoted or wrote about it. That's a hugely glaring omission, and it makes the whole article rather dishonest.

I'd also agree that if LE were coming back as co-lead, she would be entitled to a larger salary than Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard et al. However, since the "House and Cuddy show" was a failure, she was not coming back as co-lead but as another supporting player.

I have a difficult time seeing LE as particularly hard done by, since she was given exactly what she lobbied for from the beginning. It didn't work out but them's the breaks.

Edited by QueenofCups, Sep 6, 2011 @ 11:43 PM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:41 PM

Official Fox promo for Season Premiere

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 2:30 PM

Unfortunately, I can't see the above promo because I'm not in the United States. Is it available elsewhere?

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 3:41 PM

EW.com - Official House art for Season 8

Hormyga

Hormyga

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 9, 2011 @ 4:27 PM

Thank you, LizDC. Queenofcups, there is a UTube link somewhere in the comments section of the same link from above.

Hormyga

Hormyga

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2011 @ 4:36 PM

Here are the scans of the TV guide issue:

Interview

I'm dreading the House/Wilson fallout but I can't really complain since I wanted to have a reaction from Wilson. BUT FINALLY! Hugh mentioned the words I've wanted to hear for years: True love + Wilson in the same sentence. Finally, finally!!

I'm very confused now as to which speculation belongs to which thread, so I'm covering the next bit: I'm beginning to think that Wilson is still the most probable candidate for DoM from the beginning. From this interview I'm expecting that his office will no longer be next to House's, and Foreman will most probably begin as the head of the Diagnostics team.

Last but not least:

New cast picture.

Edited by Hormyga, Sep 18, 2011 @ 4:49 PM.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:09 AM

Thanks for tracking this down Hormyga!

Interesting cast photo. I noticed immediately that Wilson has his back turned to House's photo and he's also furthest away from him.The visual message is very obvious. Wilson is alienated from House and House will have to win back the "true love of his life". Everyone is fully clothed and in a work environment - a big change from last season's cast photo where everyone was lying on one big bed with Cuddy snuggling up to House. I hope it means more medicine and less romance/sex.

I agree that it's not clear at all from the interview whether House is coming back as Departmental Head with Foreman as Dean of Medicine, or whether Foreman is Departmental Head and House will be a resident. Considering how Foreman purposely derailed a major research study, I don't think that realistically he'd been on anybody's short list for dean (but since when was House realistic?)

Edited by QueenofCups, Sep 19, 2011 @ 12:12 AM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 6:36 AM

TVLine.com - House's Omar Epps: As the New Boss, Foreman 'Will Have To Enforce the New Lay of the Land'

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 2:18 PM

This is now out in the general media so I guess its no longer a spoiler but it is a pleasant surprise;
13's time has come to an end on House!

Wow first Cuddy, now 13 is done. If House/Wilson finally declare their love and go to bed together then
my 3 House-wishes will have come true. In reverse order of importance but still.

AcesShowBiz Thirteen Is Not Coming Back

E!Online
House Says Goodbye: Olivia Wilde's Final Episode

Thank goodness. For me this was a character from being to end that was a complete misfire in conception, writing and execution. While OW seems a perfectly nice person, again for me, her acting skills can be summed up in two words. She's HOT! And occasionally she has a way with a funny comeback. But that was not nearly enough.
I don't even find her all that hot but whatever. I'd write thanks for the memories but I don't have any excepting boredom.

Enjoy moviedom while it lasts. Ciao!

Edited by fortuneshine, Oct 13, 2011 @ 4:52 PM.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Oct 13, 2011 @ 2:52 PM

I think OW is much better suited for "hot girlfriend of the action hero" roles than anything requiring actual acting chops. Her lack of talent won't be an impediment in the kind of roles that she's cast in and she'll be richer and more famous. She's made the right choice.

Wow first Cuddy, now 13 is done. If House/Wilson finally declare their love and go to bed together than my 3 House-wishes will have come true. In reverse order of importance but still.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2011 @ 9:41 AM

Charlene Yi was on Conan last night (10/24). I'm sure you can watch the interview online. For people who never saw her before House, it's a good chance to see how quirky she is in real life.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Nov 2, 2011 @ 3:42 PM

New interview with Hugh Laurie. He mentions a mysterious "big event."

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 9:37 PM

An article on House that includes HL's thoughts on House the man, DS about the future of House the man & show and RSL on HL and their relationship with a sweet throw away line nodding at the H/W shippers that is sure to be appreciated. :)

"The doctor is in the House" - Canada.com

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 6:50 AM

Thanks, fortuneshine. I'm grateful to have an article about House that doesn't mention Lisa Edelstein or Cuddy. Unfortunately, that isn't true for this article about Odette Annable, where the first four paragraphs talk about the "terrible void" created by LE's departure:

http://www.nypost.co...YHIVzNfVI5n1K/0

If you don't want any hints of possible spoilers, don't read the article. I'll spoiler bar my next comment, just in case. The article says that Shore wants to bring back LE for an "undetermined number of episodes." I hope not.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 1:03 PM

Re the spoiler in the above article: For the love of God, David Shore, no! Please don't try to whip that dead horse back into life! If the series finale is House riding off into the sunset with Cuddy (on a zombie horse), I'll throw up.

Although her castmates may miss Lisa Edelstein, as a viewer, I don't feel a "terrible void" because of Lisa Cuddy's departure. I think Omar Epps fills the role of Dean of Medicine quite adequately. As for LE's role as House's designated romantic interest, because House M.D. consistently bungles romance so atrociously, I'm quite happy for House to do without.

Honestly, with all her experience going back to early childhood, I would think Odette Annable would make more of an impression as an actress. She's forgettable.

fortuneshine

fortuneshine

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2011 @ 1:42 PM

I'm going to hope that DS is just talking out of his bum (though I do see a tiny morsel of sense in it) and that the NYP writer here put a bit more emphasis on it than is actually there as she chose LE/Cuddy's departure as bookends for a piece that's actually about the new "pretty" girl in the cast. I'm betting she could have just as easily mentioned OW.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2011 @ 10:57 PM

Someone mentioned a video including cast nicknames, but I haven't seen a link posted. It's here.

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 12, 2011 @ 11:13 PM

This week's Fox Trot comic: http://www.foxtrot.c...11/12/12112011/

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 6:36 AM

Thanks, Nikita! I wonder how many non-House fans there were who didn't get the joke.

Edited by HyacinthBucket, Dec 13, 2011 @ 6:38 AM.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2011 @ 1:41 PM

An article from a university newspaper diagnosing what ails House - House Can't Cure Formulaic Structure.

I don't agree with everything the author writes. I don't think that the loss of Lisa Edelstein was a huge blow to the show. In fact, I think that House M.D. would be a stronger, better show now if LE had left at the end of the third or fourth season, and the whole Huddy mess, which so dominated the show for many seasons, had been avoided.

I think that Odette Annable (not Odetta Yustman) is the weak link in the cast, not Charlyne Yi. IMO, she inherited the title from Olivia Wilde. The author describing Charlyne Yi as an "alien presence" is an unfortunate choice of words. Apparently, only leggy Caucasian brunettes are welcome in House's world.

I don't agree that this is House's worst. season. ever. (That dishonour, IMO, belongs to last season, much of which I found unwatchable.)

However, I think the author is correct about the lack of energy or narrative drive this season, even if I disagree very much about the causes.

Edited by QueenofCups, Dec 13, 2011 @ 3:25 PM.

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2011 @ 4:26 PM

E! Online - Is This the Last Season of House? Hugh Laurie Says: "It May Very Well Be"

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2011 @ 1:03 PM

I'm a little bit surprised that Barbara Barnett is still writing about House, M.D. I assumed that she would stop when Cuddy left, since she is/was a fervant Huddy fan. Here is her discussion of her favourite episodes of 2012.

m3dix

m3dix

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 1, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

QoC: That is precisely why she continues her "reviews;" it gives her the perfect opportunity to continually smack us (and anyone else who is paying attention) over the head about Cuddy, Huddy and LE herself, and the huuuuuuuuuge mistake NBC/Universal/FOX made in letting the little darlin' get away. Barbara Barnett's Fan Girls want "closure," not realizing, of course, that by not giving House (or us) closure, David Shore is actually staying true to House Canon. Life rarely affords us closure and we are all, at some time in our lives, beset with guilt and regret over our action(s) with no way of setting things right. I think that is the most "realistic" philosophy ever adopted by Shore and Co., and I hope they stay true to it.

Happy New Year to you all!

QoC: That is precisely why she continues her "reviews;" it gives her the perfect opportunity to continually smack us (and anyone else who is paying attention) over the head about Cuddy, Huddy and LE herself, and the huuuuuuuuuge mistake NBC/Universal/FOX made in letting the little darlin' get away. Barbara Barnett's Fan Girls want "closure," not realizing, of course, that by not giving House (or us) closure, David Shore is actually staying true to House Canon. Life rarely affords us closure and we are all, at some time in our lives, beset with guilt and regret over our action(s) with no way of setting things right. I think that is the most "realistic" philosophy ever adopted by Shore and Co., and I hope they stay true to it.

Happy New Year to you all!

LizDC

LizDC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

TVLine - Fox Boss Offers House Renewal Update: "It is Going to Be a Close Call"

SteveWright

SteveWright

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

I think they should allow it to go. End it right and give it the send off it deserves. I think all of those shows should go, even FRINGE, which I love. But, I think the comment about losing money shows that they are already greasing the wheels with the FRING fanbase to prepare us for cancellation.

extracat

extracat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

I think it would be a shame if they canceled House. After a couple of seriously lousy years (Seasons 4 and 5) and a lousy focus on Huddy last year the show improved and has finally gotten really good again this season. With Olivia Wilde, the worst actress I've ever seen, gone and Huddy gone, things are really cooking again. FOX hasn't had much luck with finding dramas that can gain and maintain and audience (Lie to Me, Human Target) so it would be stupid of them to let go of one that's still consistently pulling in viewers even if it's not pulling in 20 million an episode like in the glory days of Season 3.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

After a couple of seriously lousy years (Seasons 4 and 5) and a lousy focus on Huddy last year the show improved and has finally gotten really good again this season. With Olivia Wilde, the worst actress I've ever seen, gone and Huddy gone, things are really cooking again

I think LE unintentionally did House an enormous favour by leaving, since I'm sure if she were here, much time would be spent on House trying to atone and Cuddy being morally superior and hurt. Huddiness would linger like the odour of old fish. I'd be more thrilled about OW's departure if she hadn't been immediately replaced by Odette Annable, who honestly doesn't seem to be much of an improvement.

The problem with this season for me is that there doesn't seem to be any narrative drive or ambition. Though the individual episodes are definitely improved since last season, there's no compelling reason to watch the next episode to see what is going to happen. Maybe having a definite end date could be good for the show if it gives DS a push and forces him come up with an over-reaching storyline to bring to conclusion.

QueenofCups

QueenofCups

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 3:08 PM

Barbara Barnett's interview with Kath Lingenfelter, one of the writers for House, about The Better Half and the rest of the season. Interesting news for people who want to see more of Chase, and Barnett actually manages to wait till the very end of the interview before she makes her inevitable plea for LE's return. May contain spoilers so read at your own risk!

Edited by QueenofCups, Jan 22, 2012 @ 3:10 PM.

deekay

deekay

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2012 @ 4:48 PM

House, via former writer Larry Kaplow, donated items for an auction benefiting Kids Help Phone:
  • A House water bottle plus an autographed picture of Hugh Laurie
  • A Houseisms tote, House flashlight and pen, plus and a season 5 finale script autographed by the cast of the time: Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein, Robert Sean Leonard, Olivia Wilde, Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer and Peter Jacobson.
  • A t-shirt with "Normal's Overrated" plus an autographed picture of the current cast: Hugh Laurie, Robert Sean Leonard, Jesse Spencer, Omar Epps, Peter Jacobson, Charlyne Yi and Odette Annable.
  • A House cap
Bid here: www.tv-eh.com/auction.

HyacinthBucket

HyacinthBucket

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 8:02 AM

I actually enjoyed the Kath Lingenfelter interview, right up until the moment when she said that "Cuddy made it look easy, " when it came to controlling House. I'm trying to think of a time when Cuddy made it look "easy," but since I happened to watch "Living the Dream" this weekend and watch Lisa "Sweet Sauce" Cuddy cave in again to House's unreasonable demands, nothing is coming to mind right now. Maybe she thinks tripwires and shut-down elevators are a good way to control him. I know the writer is fairly new, but didn't she watch the previous six seasons?

On the positive side, I am glad to hear that those lose threads from Chase's background are going to be picked up. I'm hesitant to discuss it further on this thread since the article itself warned readers of spoilers for future episodes. Should I take it to the Spoilers thread? I'm not sure which side of the fine line I am on!