Challenge Chatter

• Please log in to reply

209 replies to this topic

Tegan Jovanka

Tegan Jovanka

Posted Jun 1, 2005 @ 8:55 AM

We've ranked just about everything but luxury items or boob jobs, but as I rewatched some of All-Stars yesterday, I kept thinking about something we hadn't had a topic on. Challenges. We can't rank challenges, since there are so many, but I thought it might be fun to have a thread to discuss some of our favorite or least favorite challenges, challenges we thought were unfair, whether challenges shaped our opinion of a season, whatever you want.

I'll start.

While good challenges can't save a wretched season, I think bad challenges can make a poor season even pissier. For every exciting challenge (like the infamous physical contact where Robb wrang Clay's non-existent neck) there were 2 or 3 pit stains like lugging stone pyramids, and fish-carting. Vanuatu had challenges which were so putrid I actually cursed at the TV - remember the match game? To their credit they also had one of my favorite challenge moments of all time, when Brady, Chad, the Johns, and other less awesome specimens of flesh had to grope each other in order to get across the beam.

Watching some of the early All-Stars episodes, they had some KICK-ASS challenges. So apparently good challenges do not = good season.

My favorite kinds of challenges are usually pre-merge, because I like the team aspect. The reward challenge in ASS episode 2 (where each team swam out with 5, then one dropped out to go to 4, then 3, etc. complete with shots of exhausted team members on the beach cheering on those still in the race - very high stakes) and the immunity in Palau episode 2 (pulling the lock box across the ocean floor) are great examples. I really like the group challenges that take everything out of the players physically but also involve strategy. If you pick one person to play in the wrong part of the challenge, then you're screwed (as Ethan proved in ASS).

My all-time favorite challenge moment was the reward challenge in Marquesas episode 6. Seeing the "loser" team of Neleh, Paschal, Kathy and Gina beat big, bad Rotu...Paschal beating Boston Rob in their leg of the challenge...seeing Maraamu win a challenge where they were such HUGE underdogs, it was just incredible.

My second favorite was the immunity in Pearl Islands episode 6. Andrew (with the most chiseled thigh muscles I've ever seen on a Survivor male) and Rhino outlasting Rupert/Shawn/Christa. Christa's astonishing display of will power - easily her most likeable moment in that season. After Morgan wins, Andrew falls to the ground in utter exhaustion, and Tijuana kisses his forehead.

I wasn't that fond of most of the season 1 challenges but one I never quite forgot was the episode 6 reward, when a member of each team had to run into an old bunker and grab an item (this was late at night). Pagong got their last item, and they won. But Kelly started to run back to the bunker. Jeff had to say, "Kelly, it's over", or something like that. It was one of the only times on Survivor that they really did seem to forget they were on TV, that this was all not just smoke and mirrors.

Quite Nutty

Quite Nutty

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2005 @ 1:29 PM

This season had some great challenges. I liked the ones that were super physical. My favorite ones were the Greco Roman Pillow Fighting one (the one where Coby beat James) and the one where they were fighting in the water over the rings (where Angie was dunking).

I think a perfect season would have a mix of super physical challenges like these, and challenges where the Survivors have to be smart.

Morrollan

Morrollan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 1, 2005 @ 5:54 PM

Going by each season:

Borneo: Fairly clever, although it had a few too many summer camp challenges (archery competition?). Bonus points for the "mud volcano" challenge, something unique that's never been repeated.

Australia: Ratcheted up the intensity for most of the challenges. "Butch Cassidy" was the most dangerous of all challenges, most likely. Did have the first puzzle challenge, so minus points for that, as well as the horrible screw up of the maze challenge, and that stupid "Don't Fence Me In" challenge in episode 8.

Africa: Oh, lord, the lame challenges came out in force. While "Stairway to the Stars" in Ep 2 was awesome, the giant fake boulder was stupid, and the "trivia on bleachers" smelled of an emergency backup challenge. More mental challenges than ever before.

Marquesas: Overall very good, although it repeated the stupid "distress signal" challenge from Africa. Also had the very bad "walking on stilts" challenge that nobody cared about winning. Bonus points for the "moving a rock underwater" challenge we saw repeated in later seasons.

Thailand: Too many puzzle challenges, and I can understand why people didn't like them, but I love 'em. Featured one of my all-time favourite challenge, Jail Break. Featured the second time Loved Ones got to participate, and this time they were on the island eating nasty stuff. Also had the most strenuous and painful F3 endurance challenge until Vanuatu (I still think this one was worse).

Amazon: Piranha Feast and Mud Bungee were awesome. Rest were fairly routine.

Pearl Islands: Good challenges, although a bit heavy on the strength side. Brought back my beloved Jail Break, but used it for the Outcasts (boooo!).

All Stars: Mostly brought back previous challenges, updated. Not bad.

Vanuatu: Very, very derivative, which was a bad idea following the intentionally derivative challenges of All Stars. Did feature the fantastic vertical maze at F4.

Palau: Wow. Just wow. Best challenges ever. Featured a fantastic blend of physical and mental, often within the same challenge.

Edited by Morrollan, Jun 1, 2005 @ 5:55 PM.

GenerationX

GenerationX

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 1:20 PM

In my mind, the title of Best Challenge Ever goes to the one in the Marquesas that involved cutting the other contestants' ropes until they were out. This brilliant challenge revealed the Rotu 4 core alliance to the otherwise clueless Paschal and Neleh and completely changed the outcome of that season.

These "reveal the pecking order" challenges have come up in other seasons, as well (most recently showing some of Gregg's strategy that he would have been better off keeping to himself). I seem to remember Rob C. purposely missing questions on one of these challenges in the Amazon, presumably to keep his cards close to his chest.

I was also a fan of the Vertical Maze challenge from Vanuatu - it just looked cool.

Edited by GenerationX, Jun 2, 2005 @ 1:25 PM.

Tipp

Tipp

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 2:14 PM

Some of my all time favourites are the Cannon Carry from the Pearl Islands premier (although the nudity was just stupid), the challenge in this season where the tribes were chasing each other with the backpacks and the Immunity Challenge from the second episode of All Stars (where they had to get the boats up from underwater, bail them out and paddle to shore).

In terms of seasons, I would totally agree that Palau was the best by far. I loved the sumo challenge, the one where they tied each others boxes up and then had to free them, and the F8 endurance challenge in the water.

I honestly don't remember much from before Thailand, so I'll start there - it sucked. I actually am a complete puzzle dork myself, but watching other people do puzzles is just not fun. The only interesting point was Robb strangling Clay. There was this individual immunity challenge that Clay won (I think it was the first one), that to this day I still don't understand. Oh, and there was that stupid breath holding challenge and the one where you had to be the team to capture the last flag.

Amazon was okay, it had one or two challenges that hadn't been done before and were fairly interesting, like the Go Fish style challenge with the bathroom stuff. The last two immunity challenges were pretty cool and I would have fond memories of them if not for...well, you know.

Pearl Islands was great. Aside from the cannon carry, I enjoyed the one where the teams were in the boats trying to sink each other, the Outcasts challenge, the tribal IC with the weights, and the greatest F3 challenge ever. Thanks of course, to what happened, not the challenge itself. I think the chess-like challenge in Episode 4 might have been good if Drake hadn't thrown it.

There's not much to say about All Stars, since it was nearly all old challenges.

Vanuatu was lame. The Concentration challenge sucked, as did the F5 IC with the story that everyone had to remember. The pig pen challenge was stupid, and the obstacle course in that same episode that Leanne fucked up was unbelievable boring.

El Guapo

El Guapo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 7:38 PM

Challenges are what I remember least about Survivor, but I have to say that Palau had some terrific ones, deceptively simple, and accomplished without bells and whistles: most memorably the knotted box, the drowning bars, and my favorite, the jogging with the sandbags (and Ian jumping on Ibrahim's back to end it).

Those of past seasons sort of blur together into one big puzzly mud maze, though I liked the one where you have to keep filling a bucket with a hole in it to keep it level for a fire, or something like that. Also liked the Pearl Islands sink the other guys boat dust-up.

Though Thailand was a sucky season, I give it credit for by far the best final challenge ever: squatting in yoga position on a rack while trying to prevent money from both literallly and figuratively slipping through yoiur fingers. That was brilliant. And it didn't take 12 hours to finish.

SwiffyPortillo

SwiffyPortillo

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 8:23 PM

I'll list my favorites from each season:

Borneo: I really liked the one in the third episode where two people were taken out into the woods (Stacey and Colleen, I believe) and the rest of their tribe had to run out, rescue them, and carry them back to their tribal maps. I liked the holding your breath under water one, the one where they were connected to ropes (where Colleen won the BBQ for), and the mud volcano one.

Australian Outback: Butch Cassidy (cliff-jumping) was one of the best challenges ever! I also liked the one with the spinning wheel of gross food and when the strongest person from each team had to carry large buckets of water.

Africa: Rock'N'Roll (the one where they had to move the boulder) was the best one all season. There were a lot of puzzles this season and I'm not a fan of those.

Marquesas: Good challenges. Loved the removing rocks from boat one in ep. 2, the one where they were all blind-folded in ep. 5, and the one where Maraamu beat Rotu in ep. 6.

Thailand: Yuck. Too many puzzles. The only really good ones were the ep. 6 reward challenge (where they had one person to launch a ball and then the others in the field had nets and tried to catch the ball) and the F3 challenge.

The Amazon: I thought they had some pretty good challenges. I liked the very first one (especially when the girls beat the boys) and Log Jam was another favorite of mine.

Pearl Islands: Next to Palau, this season had the best challenges. I loved all of the pirate theme in each challenge. My favorite challenge was the one with the big boat obstacle course and they were split into teams of two.

All-Stars: Nothing new. They just repeated old challenges from prior seasons, but improved them somewhat. Better challenges than Thailand, though.

Vanuatu: With boys versus girls, it made the challenges very boring because of all the damn puzzles (though Amazon had some good ones, so why couldn't they use some of those for this season?). I did like the F3 challenge though since it was something new.

Palau: This season had the best challenges, by far. I loved Sumo at Sea, the one where Angie dunked Gregg (and hit Janu in the eye), the one where they walked in circles till the other tribe caught up to them, and the gun shooting. Loved these challenges.

So the best challenges came from Palau and Pearl Islands IMO and the worst came from Thailand and Vanuatu.

catrina

catrina

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 8:43 PM

One of my favorite repeated challenges is the auction. I know its simple. I know its just a device to give lathegic contestants more food so they'll stop being so lethegic, but its still amusing to watch. I only wish they showed more "fake-outs" where someone bids $200 bucks and gets riverwater. They have stopped showing contestants getting "the runs" after these kind of challenges which I believe happens nearly every time they have one.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 1:33 AM

when the strongest person from each team had to carry large buckets of water.

In the Outback DVD, Probst reveals that production hadn't expected this challenge to go on as long as it did, nor end the way it did, with Skupin's pole breaking under the weight of all the possible weight given to the tribes.

So since then, Survivor has employed a team of "Challenge-breakers." Their job is to find any possible flaws and/or cheats in a challenge so that they can be fixed before the Survivors do the challenges. I now wonder if the Challenge-breaker team is who we see doing the challenge during the demos.

lilac2000

lilac2000

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2005 @ 8:50 AM

If tribe members and/or loved ones are blindfolded I will watch. The "yellers" always lead at least one person into a tree or a bush and as long as no one is seriously hurt, that? Is funny stuff.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2005 @ 6:09 PM

If tribe members and/or loved ones are blindfolded I will watch. The "yellers" always lead at least one person into a tree or a bush and as long as no one is seriously hurt, that? Is funny stuff.

Oh, word. I loved it when they did that in Australia. I almost died laughing when Jerri was the "yeller". She somehow managed to get Keith and Amber away from the challenge and into the bushes. And she just left them there and let Colby and Tina try to finish the challenge by themselves.

Another one I liked was the one in All-Stars where they were blindfolded and had to carry big puzzle pieces around. That had plenty of slapstick humor in it. I especially remember Ethan banging Colby upside the head with a puzzle piece, Boston Rob ramming a puzzle piece into Kathy's stomach, and Colby drilling Big Tom into the ground with one. I cringed at first because it looked painful (especially the Colby/Big Tom one. Tom looked like he was getting hit by a car), but once they seemed uninjured, I had a laugh at their expense. Cruel? Maybe. But it was pretty funny.

Edited by thuganomics85, Jun 5, 2005 @ 8:14 PM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2005 @ 7:13 PM

Don't forget Scout's pathetic performance as the yeller in Vanuatu, one of the few high points of that season. M. Giant really nailed the whole thing in the recap, so I'll just give the defining moment: "1, 2, 3, SCOUT!!!!"

Bix Bender

Bix Bender

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 9:18 PM

My favourite challenge, hands down, was the Pirahna Meat-eating challenge from Amazon. There has never been a challenge quite like it, fore or since. Plus, it was appropriate to the locale, visually interesting (watching Heidi and Butch making out, anyone?), and challenging. I bet the castaways were quite tempted to eat some of that meat as they were ripping it off the bone, but to do so would have risked losing the challenge.

Other memorable challenges? Vanuatu's vertical maze, the Pirate challenge from Thailand (first to feature physical contact), the Outcast 3-way Jailbreak challenge from Pearl Islands. The Double Maze from Marquesas where Maraamu finally won one. Good times.

Also, trivia challenges are usually boring, but I really liked the Survivor History Trivia challenge from all-stars. It's interesting to see how much the competitors know about their own...I don't know...mythology, I guess.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 10:57 PM

Also, trivia challenges are usually boring, but I really liked the Survivor History Trivia challenge from all-stars. It's interesting to see how much the competitors know about their own...I don't know...mythology, I guess. Also, trivia challenges are usually boring, but I really liked the Survivor History Trivia challenge from all-stars. It's interesting to see how much the competitors know about their own...I don't know...mythology, I guess.

Although it was hilarious that Big Tom didn't even know which country of Africa they were in, even though he was in that season! Ever he was trying to throw the mission to help Amber, or he was too drunk to remember that they were in Kenya.

Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2005 @ 7:43 AM

Beginning at the end, one’s view of the F3 challenges comes down to whether one prefers endurance challenges with balance/fine muscle control elements (Africa, Kim J over Ethan/Lex, Marquesas, Vee over Neleh/Kathy, and Amazon, Jenna over Matt/Rob C.) or as pure tests of concentration/will (Borneo, Pearl Islands, Palau). I tend to favor tests of will exactly because they run longer and because they grind the contestants harder creating better conflict, but it is a matter of taste.

For humor value, it is tough to beat the goat herding challenge in Africa in E4 where Big Tom, who was a goat farmer, could not herd goats.

The challenges in Vanuatu have been taking some abuse. So, I’ll stick up for one I thought was well done. In E10 , the RC Sacrificial Lamb was a great obstacle course with human cargo (two teams of four, Scout/Twila/Julie/Leann and Chris/Chad/Ami/Eliza, push a bound team member through a series of rope obstacles). The shots of Julie and Eliza as the cargo being pushed and maneuvered through the course were both tense and sexy.

Puzzle challenges come in a surprising variety of stripes and flavors. Almost every season has featured a tile assembly (as part of an obstacle course, Amazon, or standing alone, Palau, Vanuatu) partially because it gives the Art Dept a chance to show off. Word games have often been formatted as word finds followed by a letter sequencing portion (For the car in Thailand, Burton blowing “liaison” in the Pearl Islands). My favorite, though, are the logic/reasoning puzzles. The best being in E6 in Thailand where each team had remove 1-3 pegs/logs in turns from a board containing 21. None of the 11 contestants correctly deduced the solution involving multiples of 4.

I feel for the challenge producers in that it is tough to make the challenges that we see every season interesting. It is getting harder to watch the Day 3 backbreaker, the gross food challenge, and archery/slingshot/shooting tile breaker for the eleventh time. I enjoyed the Day 3 courses in Borneo and the Outback. Africa seemed the hardest (with Ethan pinwheeling all over the course), and Amazon, Vanuatu, and even Palau felt pretty stale to me.

Yesmar

Yesmar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 7, 2005 @ 8:58 PM

Am I the only one that ever liked the Final Four Immunity Challenge where they would ask people Trivia Questions about their tribemates?

I was disappointed after they dropped it and was happy to see the Survivor Trivia Challenge in All-Stars.

LurkerNoMore

LurkerNoMore

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 10:30 AM

[small voice] I must be the only one who didn't like some of the Palau challenges. I thought a lot of them were too rough. e.g., where they were going across the rolling logs while opposing team members were trying to hit them with big bags. Ouch. [/small voice]

I did like the walk around the circle in the water Palau challenge. It required endurance and strategy.

Dislike any gross food eating challenge. Actually, any type of eating challenge.

The show the alliances/pecking order challenges are good too since they usually shake the game up. Most contestants just don't know what to do during that challenge.

Was it Vanuatu where they played the shuffleboard-like game where you had to get your piece on an island, but then other people could knock you off. Amy, Chris, Eliza , etc. I liked that one too since it was both skill and luck.

CletusMusashi

CletusMusashi

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:20 PM

As hooked as I've been since I blundered into the S7 premier accidentally, I am unforunately still not sufficiently familiar with most seasons to rank their challenges. But I like this thread, so of the recent seasons... let's see...
Pearl Islands: The keel-hauling race. Awe-inspiringly physical and exciting. Honorable mention: The elimination round where Rupert screwed himself by not taking out Burton.
All-Stars: What else could it be? The home-building competition was a perfect showcase for who was capable of making and carrying out complex physical plans and who was just digging into the beach randomly, hoping that there might be a giant pirate chest down there to live in.
Vanuatu: The bondage race, where they hogtied Julie and Eliza and raced them through all the obstacles...yeah, I know. I'm a perv. But I didn't invent the damn game; I just liked it!
Palau: The Sumo At Sea. Not a highbrow choice, but impossible not to love!

Edited by CletusMusashi, Jun 9, 2005 @ 8:23 PM.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 7:24 AM

I liked the Sumo at Sea challenge, too. I have to wonder, though, if it would have been as memorable if it weren't for James getting his scrawny ass handed to him by Coby....twice! It was a nice way for Coby to replace the memory of him in a previous challenge "centering" himself, as Peachy mocked it, then promptly falling.

Hailey

Hailey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 12:39 PM

All-Stars: What else could it be? The home-building competition was a perfect showcase for who was capable of making and carrying out complex physical plans and who was just digging into the beach randomly, hoping that there might be a giant pirate chest down there to live in.

Oh, that was one of my favorites too! (And not just because Rob kicks ass and looks smokin'.) It tested communication skills, team work, and a basic understanding of survival in the wilderness. I enjoy challenges that highlight the strengths (Rob) and weaknesses (Rupert) of individual players.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2005 @ 2:44 PM

Am I the only one that ever liked the Final Four Immunity Challenge where they would ask people Trivia Questions about their tribemates?

The challenge had to be dropped after they screwed it up in Africa, not realizing there were two potential correct answers to the question of which female cast member had no piercings at all, and screwing Ethan out of a point.

facethemusic

facethemusic

Posted Jun 14, 2005 @ 12:46 AM

Didn't they do that challenge in Marquesas? And Vee had the advantage over the others because she kept a diary. At least that's what I remember.

The Log

The Log

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2005 @ 3:41 PM

I won't comment on the challenges individually, but just have an observation regarding the pecking order challenges.
I think that they are great for RCs but TERRIBLE for ICs. I think that you should win an IC on your own strength and know-how and merit, rather than be picked off by your tribemates. It totally negates the whole idea of the IC, since you really need the immunity since you know where you are in the pecking order, but are denied the immunity by the very IC that you could win and save yourself.
The whole idea of the IC is that you can screw up the pecking order by winning.
But this type of IC makes it a lose-lose situation.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2005 @ 10:17 PM

I hear what you're saying, The Log, but fortunately we've had some less than logical outcomes with this. I say fortunately because it's much more entertaining for us the way it has played out. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the first time I remember this being played out was in Survivor: Marquesas, in the now infamous coconut chop challenge. The "Rotu 4" didn't even realize they were signalling their alliance and their preferred boot order to the OTHER FIVE. When the others realized what was up, and that five is more than four, it spelled doom to the Rotu 4. I can cut them a little slack in that this challenge hadn't been seen before, and they had no chance to stratergize prior to the challenge. But while alliance after alliance continues to be dumb enough to signal their plans while they're still outnumbered, this will be a favorite challenge of mine. Yeah, it's better for the lowest in the pecking order to realize this in an RC, instead of an IC, but these challenges tend to happen when numbers/alliances are relatively even in power or in flux. And that makes the game a toss-up, and interesting to watch. Will Rupert be stupid enough to piss off everyone not Rob or Amber (the diminishing reward food pick)? Will Ami/Julie/Leann be snotty to the other FOUR players? You give people enough rope, and some fools will hang themselves. That it's avoidable just makes it funnier, for me.

Edited by riley702, Jun 18, 2005 @ 10:19 PM.

Svenska Flicka

Svenska Flicka

Posted Jun 27, 2005 @ 5:06 PM

I felt that the Water Walk at Palau was the best challenge ever.

I have always been impressed by the ones where Survivors had to stand on something for extended periods of time (either on land or water).

And I still remember the guys (was it Savage and Rupert? Am I remembering that correctly?) having to hold weighted objects on a long stick suspended across their shoulders...and as others dropped out, they'd hang THEIR objects onto the pole. So the last guy/s standing had increasingly heavy poles, and it was just brutal. Yes, it was sexist & impossible for any normal woman to compete in, but I was just amazed at those guys.

But, really, my favorite all-time challenge was the one where Rupert stubbornly built the House of Quicksand...and then sat inside of it hosting his very own pity party when he finally had to admit that it was a ginormous failure. Oh, good times, good times!

Tipp

Tipp

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 2, 2005 @ 10:01 AM

Nice challenges so far this season. I loved this weeks IC, the Mayan Ball Game. My only beef with it being that since it's called Courtball, they probably didn't play it on a net. But anyway. I was also glad to see the return of the blindfold challenge, but honestly, it was a fairly tame affair. I wanted them to assemble the whole tent blindfolded.

Nothing too special so far, but at least it's new stuff and not, as one forum poster put it, "Obstacle Course with Balance Beam in the middle V89.0"

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2005 @ 2:35 AM

Challenges I don't like-
When you build something out of millions of tools they give you.
When they make your loved ones eat stuff.
Obstacle courses that don't vary much.
I bet having to be the one filming endurance challenges must be boring/annoying as hell. Except for the Amazon Peanut Butter one.

Challenges I somehow love-
Fallen Comrades.
Anything involving some hearty wrestling.
Ones where you have three lives and knock other people's faces out.
Blindfolded games.

Tipp

Tipp

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 20, 2006 @ 4:06 AM

With the recapper topics gone, I couldn't think of which topic to ask this in. I think this is the best place, though: Miss Alli, I just read the recap and was wondering when you interviewed the challenge guy? And on behalf of which site/publication? Is it still around anywhere?

FlippinChipmunk

FlippinChipmunk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2006 @ 10:47 AM

I haven't seen all the seasons, but from what I've read in the recaps & seen for myself, I think I can pick some good challenges.

I really enjoyed the RC in the second episode of Guatemala where the bags were hanging to the rope web & the contestants had to climb underneath it to get them. I thought it showed how athletic everyone was that season, plus it was just neat. Watching Judd fail was great, & watching Cindy catch up to & then pass the person that went before her was great.

I also enjoyed the Courtball IC.

The IC where Rafe barely beat Cindy was good, I think it was the episode where Jamie was voted out. They were attached to ropes that were looped around different obstacles. When it moved to the vertical part of the challenge, watching Cindy weave around in it was great.

The IC in Borneo the episode that Joel was voted out. It was the military themed obstacle course. That was a good challenge!

I also liked the RC in episode 2 of Exile Island with the snake wranglers.

The episode 3 IC of Australia where everyone was tied together & had the obstacle course.

Edited by FlippinChipmunk, Apr 22, 2006 @ 10:48 AM.

DoneThoo2

DoneThoo2

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 23, 2006 @ 4:14 PM

Hey guys, new to the forum and I have a few questions. I am in the Coast Guard Stationed in Burlington, Vt on Lake Champlain. In May we do a moral day out on one of the islands, and I thought it would be fun to do some challenges similar to ones on Survivor. I'm not a regular viewer so any idea would be appreciated. The island is very rocky with a few trees, and no beach but has some places to do water activities.

Thanks