Season Three Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3317 replies to this topic

Heathen

Heathen

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2005 @ 6:36 PM

Okay, here's where to come if you've got spoilers about season three.

PLEASE do not come here just to guess what might happen; this is for posting concrete spoilers or hints, and discussing how those may or may not bear out.

I'd love it if everyone worked together to make sure this doesn't devolve into speculation about the show that's based on people's personal wants and not on actual information leaking out.

Thanks in advance for helping this thread toe that line.

browan469

browan469

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2005 @ 11:36 PM

I guess I'll start it off with the general season 3 spoilers from spoilerfix:

05/23 - I know Caleb really is gone for good, and the jury's still out on Trey. The younger peeps were nowhere to be found at Fox's upfronts, but I did chat with Melinda Clarke, Peter Gallagher and our beloved Kirsten, all of whom claimed to know nothing. Hmph. However, Melinda did say that Tate Donovan will be back next season. Hurrah! And that "I think now, what will be really interesting is to see Julie Cooper stand on her own two feet, WITHOUT a man, for once. She's going to be a force to reckon with. Source: Kristin on E!Online

05/21 - When the series returns for season three, Seth, Summer, Ryan and Marissa will celebrate their senior year at Harbor High. And the return of JIMMY COOPER (Tate Donovan) to pull his family together after the emotional events of this season will see one family grow strong again – while another is challenged as the Cohens face Kirsten’s problems head-on in THE O.C. Source: FOX (Thanks Ashlee for the tip.)

05/10 - Regarding plans for next year, Schwartz says, "Year three, for us, is going to be senior year, so obviously that's a huge event in these kids' lives, and for their parents as well. So we'll be dealing with all sorts of things, like what does the future hold, college, graduation, all those kind of gigantic, kind of epic events in high school life." Source: Zap2it

Edited by browan469, May 29, 2005 @ 11:37 PM.

Gella

Gella

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2005 @ 11:06 AM

Does this mean Ryan will have to decide on college? And I wonder if the Cohen's will offer to pay or he will try to do it on his own?

americana19

americana19

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2005 @ 11:25 AM

Melinda did say that Tate Donovan will be back next season.

Does anyone know if TD will be back as a series regular again or as recurring?

MethodActor05

MethodActor05

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 12:36 AM

So we'll be dealing with all sorts of things, like what does the future hold, college, graduation, all those kind of gigantic, kind of epic events in high school life."

Only really it should have been done this year, because is no way they were in 10th grade during the first season! Not that I'm better or anything, because they took them from being in my (superior!)Class of '05 to the (stupid!)class of '06 or anything.

I really hope there's actually going to be a continual storyline about applying to college...instead of just the, "Oh, we're all going to UC Irvine. How nice!" It's so not natural, for anyone in Gen Y, where the massive amount of competition for college makes even slacker kids like me pile on extracurriculars, to not be stressed out about applying for college. I wanna see them take the SAT's. Visit colleges. Take AP Classes and wanna die. Deal with the annoying guidance counselor that wants everyone to go to college, whether they want to or not. Deal with some of them burning out early. See the competitive battle alot of kids wage with each other over what college they go to. (For example, in my own life, I got told that going to a private 4-year liberal arts college was shitty, from this guy that got into U Penn. I, in turn, comfort myself by saying at least its not community college.)

Edited by MethodActor05, May 31, 2005 @ 12:41 AM.

minneapple

minneapple

Stalker

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 2:59 PM

Oh, yay. I can't wait for the unrealistic college application process THAT NO TV WRITER CAN EVER SEEM TO GET RIGHT.

Imrahil

Imrahil

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 3:03 PM

I wanna see them take the SAT's

Shoulnd't they have done that as juniors or was that just me?

alexxx

alexxx

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 7:31 PM

I wanna see them take the SAT's. Visit colleges. Take AP Classes and wanna die. Deal with the annoying guidance counselor that wants everyone to go to college, whether they want to or not. Deal with some of them burning out early. See the competitive battle alot of kids wage with each other over what college they go to.

That sounds like the most boring television show ever.

Imrahil

Imrahil

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 8:06 PM

As someone who has taken 5 AP classes (and only got college credit for 2, what a great use of money...anyway...) I can asure you that will be boring. Unless, that is, if in AP Physics (which Seth has already taken) something gets blown up. That never happened in my AP Physics class.

I'd like to add that based on the fact that this post about AP's was so boring, a season of AP classes would be exponentially more boring.

Edited by Imrahil, May 31, 2005 @ 8:07 PM.

browan469

browan469

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 12:00 AM

Interesting...

ExaltedOne

ExaltedOne

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 3:54 AM

Oh that sounds so good! A flashback episode. It's one thing to hear about the shitty life Ryan endured but to see it? Angsty-goodness overload!

With this news, Trey is definately a goner.

Spud14

Spud14

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 7:30 AM

I wonder if they're going to get the same kid from the premiere. I know it's been said, but he looks crazily like BMck.

JoshGraves

JoshGraves

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 5:58 PM

I'm very glad to hear that he says we won't even have time to blink from where it starts up again. I would hate if it started a month, or a few weeks later.

rightfielder21

rightfielder21

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 8:23 PM

That's good news... They can strech out the series, possibly end the season around Christmas/New Years, and season 4 could be the end of senior year into the final summer before college...

Spud14

Spud14

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2005 @ 9:38 PM

Maybe it will be like Gilmore Girls season 5, where they skip a few months between the first and second episodes.

calidub

calidub

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 12:46 AM

I doubt they'll make all of the episodes stretch out into real time. They'll probably find some way to skip months ahead between the first few episodes. Otherwise, Kirsten should be in rehab for much of the season... and unless Kelly Rowan is pulling a Noah Wyle, I doubt that's the case.

browan469

browan469

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 1:32 AM

I think they'll have to skip ahead a couple of months. If season 3 is going to be all about their senior year, they have to finish junior year! (well.. their second junior year.)

skippingpunk88

skippingpunk88

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 5:38 AM

i hope they don't. I hope they pick up season 3 from somewhere after season 2 finished, because i don't want to see kirsten in rehab for most of the season, i though Josh was suposed to be getting back to 'the original oc...'???

Navi Rawat said in an interview:

"Josh had approached me with a script in his hands, and I was anxious to see what happened next...I think for viewers it is going to be an interesting approach on what Theresa and the baby's standing is...The Cohens are in for a rough year...which will make for interesting actions from the viewers, but Josh said over-the-top drama is on a down slope for this season, after such a dramatic season 2, he thinks it is time to return to the "original OC!"
(From http://www.imdb.com/.../flat/19502986)

caro51980

caro51980

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 11:54 AM

If they have a short summer season starting in August like was implied with that interview between Kelly Rowan and Dennis Miller, then I can see them dealing with the immediate finale aftermath, then speed up time during the baseball hiatus.

browan469

browan469

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2005 @ 4:52 PM

Hmm. Anyone know how reliable the magazine Dolly is? Because if the rumor they wrote in theiir June 05 issue (I'll write the little article below) I am going to be SO.HAPPY.

Olivia Wilde
"Well, who was the little minx at Newport Beach this year? It was Alex. She had Seth going all bad boy to impress her, then fell for Marissa- who tried playing for the other team but was dumped cold. Don't give up on Olivia yet, though; word is Alex will be back to create more heartache..."

mel39

mel39

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 5, 2005 @ 4:56 PM

Don't give up on Olivia yet, though; word is Alex will be back to create more heartache..."

If that's the case, then I don't think Ben Mckenzie knows. He was just interviewed on T4 in Britain (shown today)and when asked if she'd be back, he said he didn't know as she was doing movies and stuff and he wasn't sure they could get her back even if they wanted to.

puddytat

puddytat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 9:30 AM

browan469: Hmm. Anyone know how reliable the magazine Dolly is? Because if the rumor they wrote in theiir June 05 issue (I'll write the little article below) I am going to be SO.HAPPY.

I haven't read Dolly in about *counts on fingers* five years or so, so things may have changed, but I wouldn't bank on them being correct. They could well have accurate information, but in my experience mags like Dolly usually published spoilers well after they had become fairly common knowledge on the net.

americana19

americana19

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 10:13 AM

Oops. Never mind.

Edited by americana19, Jun 6, 2005 @ 10:13 AM.

tvjunkie2008

tvjunkie2008

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 12:37 PM

Back to the thing about a lot of the season premiere taking place in Chino, here's what I think it is. I think it'll be a lot of Ryan reflecting on his earlier memories of Trey and how they interacted before the series began. I hope this is the case, because I'd like to see more background on Ryan's pre-O.C. life.

scooby1471

scooby1471

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2005 @ 1:34 PM

Me too - I think there are a lot of opportunities for the pre-OC storyline...not just with Ryan and Trey, but also - with Ryan's mom... Remember when they were sending Kirsten off to rehab and Ryan said something about his own mother never getting the help she needed....could have been foreshadowing...

liz26111

liz26111

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 9:39 AM

I live in Rhode Island and Josh Schwartz speaking at his alma mater today at graudation. He did an interview in the Providence Journal. The article is nothing too interesting expect for a season three hint. It is about how Ryan's dad would cause a big issue for Sandy.

Here is the link so you can read the rest of it
http://www.projo.com...tz.1bd26e5.html

Edited by liz26111, Jun 10, 2005 @ 10:23 AM.

jnr927

jnr927

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 9:43 AM

I put this in the Media thread, but thought it might be a semi-spoiler, so I thought I'd at it here.

Kristin said in this weeks column on Eonline.com that she spoke with Navi Rawat about coming back to the O.C. and this is what Navi had to say:

"The thing about that show is I'm not contractually obligated to it in any way," Navi tells me. "They just kind of call me if they need me. They called and wanted me to do the one that was on a few weeks ago [where Ryan runs into Theresa in Chino], and they left it so open-ended, I feel like they'll have me back again to wrap up that storyline. I love doing the show. The people there are really nice, and Mischa and I are good friends. So, I would definitely go back."

The whole "wrap up the storyline" makes me wonder.... If it is "wrapping up" that means ENDING it, which means Ryan may not be a baby daddy.

Edited by jnr927, Jun 10, 2005 @ 9:43 AM.

liz26111

liz26111

Stalker

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 10:20 AM

never mind

Edited by liz26111, Jun 10, 2005 @ 10:21 AM.

ifrossard

ifrossard

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:57 PM

"Ben McKenzie was on a local television show in Seattle called Northwest Afternoon today.
It was a very indepth interview ranging from information about the OC to his new movie JuneBug.

Regarding the OC, he mentioned very little about the upcoming season but gave a few minor hints:

1) THEY ARE NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL NEXT SEASON (He was not sure how Josh was gonna put them in college, but they are done with high school.)

2) THE THERESA PLOTLINE COMES BACK HEAVY (He knew very little about this, but when they go back to shooting in July that's one of the main storylines.)"
From another thread...

Edited by ifrossard, Jun 10, 2005 @ 6:57 PM.

browan469

browan469

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

Hm, considering Josh has talked about Season 3 being about their senior year I find the above post hard to believe. What happened with their graduation? They also went to the junior prom this year.

I wouldn't be surprised about the Theresa thing kicking into full gear next year, though.