The Old CSI Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3709 replies to this topic

Bix

Bix

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:08 PM

Since there's no thread yet...

TitanTV says:

The fifth season concludes with one of the CSIs being kidnapped at a crime scene and buried alive in a makeshift coffin. A $1-million ransom is demanded in 12 hours, or the CSI will die. But it's against department policy to negotiate with terrorists and offer up ransom money, so Catherine turns to her father, Sam Braun, for the cash. Himself: Tony Curtis. Himself: Frank Gorshin. Gordon: John Saxon. Judge Stokes: Andrew Prine. Jillian: Lois Chiles.  (2005)
William Petersen, Marg Helgenberger, Gary Dourdan, George Eads, Paul Guilfoyle

Drama/Other
TV14, English

ETA: THANK YOU! I was just coming here to post the thread -- I got the starting/ending time confused. -- sobell

Edited by sobell, May 19, 2005 @ 9:18 PM.

Dagamuffin

Dagamuffin

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:09 PM

WOW.

I need to recover before I post more.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

Breaking out of my CSI lurker mode to say: that was awesome! Very well done, Quentin! A very intense two hours, to say the least.

Aatrek

Aatrek

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

That was an unbelievably amazing episode. I'm speechless.

leychilde

leychilde

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:12 PM

Oh, thank goodness someone put up a thread -- I was so sure I was just blind.

Frickin' Quentin Tarantino. Such an UNBELIEVABLY good episode ... with, you know, the freaky gallows humor and the psychotic episodes. RAH!

Beingewe

Beingewe

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:11 PM

Wow is right.

That was so good. I was almost crying watching Nicky cry. *Sniff*

Poncho!

Vivianne

Vivianne

Couch Potato

• Interests:Reading, Film, Drawing, Painting, Psychology, Archaeology, Astronomy, and Mythology. Oh, and television...

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:11 PM

Just wow!

Best episode of CSI evah.

Who knew Gil was a Roy Rogers fan! LOL

amberlynne

amberlynne

Channel Surfer

I realize that ending was supposed to show how awesome a person Nicky is, but the last shot of the episode should not have been that stupid @*#(@&#*(! woman. Gah.

But man, I haven't cried that much over a TV show in forever.

LTabora

LTabora

Just Tuned In

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:13 PM

Holy ... cow

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Where is the support group meeting?

JoJoGinger

JoJoGinger

Channel Surfer

Not a Tarantino fan; never watched CSI in my life. For some reason a "buried alive" plot directed by Tarantino intrigued me. So I watched.

That? Was some seriously well done shit.

I may become both a Tarantino AND a CSI fan.

Audra

Audra

Fanatic

Oh man that was so good but so painful to watch. Two hours of torture. But can someone explain the ending to me? What the hell was the point of ending it on the daughter?

LittleLabRabbit

LittleLabRabbit

Loyal Viewer

Damn.

That was amazing. I held my breath the entire time.

Thank god, Nicky's okay. Those fire ants looked painful though.

montferrat

montferrat

Fanatic

• Interests:Hiking, Swimming, European history, Gay Spanish Films, Coffee Table Books, and Bad Slash Fiction! Oh yeah, and TV too!

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:14 PM

Poor Poncho!

Good epi, had me on the edge of my seat, and I thank Jeebus that we didn't have to wait all summer to see if Nick survived. I liked the Tarantino-isms during the show,the freaky-deaky autopsy..etc...

I'd love to know what Nick said to Grissom into the tape recorder... imagine it was something along the lines of "I never told you....."

Anyhow,

I liked it, I really Liked it!

edited because I haphazardly capitolize letters...

Edited by montferrat, May 19, 2005 @ 9:17 PM.

Aredhel

Aredhel

Couch Potato

Poor, poor Nicky.

That was good. Much more like a movie than a procedural television drama. You could tell that Tarantino wasn't just some celeb who stood up and decided to direct the show. It really worked. I was falling to pieces inside just watching. Poor, poor Nicky.

Edited by Aredhel, May 19, 2005 @ 9:18 PM.

NikkiH

NikkiH

Fanatic

Um, Ants. ants. ants. Shudder.

I thought it was a pretty good episode aside from the "Nick's Dream" scene in the morgue. That took me out of the storyline completely. It was just not needed, IMO.

I'm sure we'll see a change in Nick next season such as him being a little bit nervous about being alone at a crime scene. Responding to a crime scene, etc.

Nice emotions from everyone. We really got to see how much Nick means to them all. Even Eckley.

Did I mention the ants?

Audra

Audra

Fanatic

Nick told Grissom that he never meant to disappoint you... and Grissom said that Nicky never did disappoint him.

Agent Sculder

Agent Sculder

Couch Potato

That was a very sick and twisted two hours. And it had everything: bugs, bubblegum, guns, explosions, suffocation, and freaky dream sequences! Y'all are going to think I'm a complete ghoul, but I laughed during the Davids' autopsy of Nick. I think I needed the release at that point.

jynni

jynni

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:15 PM

That was a complete and total waste of two hours. What a load of crap.

nerdyduck

nerdyduck

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:15 PM

Dear Quentin Tarentino,

From now on, please direct every episode of CSI.

That was beyond mind-blowing. 'Wow' doesn't begin to cover it.

willows22

willows22

Channel Surfer

WOW, that was the best season finale of all time on any show. I cried so much Nicky really pulled at the heart strings. The whole team working together to save him. So much tonight happened that I don't even have the right words to describe so I will leave it with The Best Damn Script ever with The Best Damn Actors ever. I love Cath and to me she is always the best and tonight by doing everything in her power to help save Nick she is my hero. Goodnight all

Curare

Curare

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:16 PM

That was the best season finale I've ever seen. Seriously. It was beyond awesome. I can't get over how much I loved it. Nicky broke my heart and so did Warwick with saying he would have pulled the trigger. And Grisome saying he want's his people back...sniff.

ETA: jynni, could you please expand on your post. Thanks.

Edited by Curare, May 19, 2005 @ 9:19 PM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Nice emotions from everyone. We really got to see how much Nick means to them all. Even Eckley.

Ecklie's heart grew three sizes that day...

I too didn't understand why the episode ended on that girl's face in the prison.

I love how Gil said "Give me my boys back."

nicepebbles

nicepebbles

Fanatic

First time poster in this thread. Have been a fan for awhile but never felt the need to comment until now.

Wow! Just wow! Fucking wow! I almost cried. This just reaffirmed my Nick love! Will post later when I fully recover. QT? YOU ROCK! But then I knew that already since Resevoir Dogs is one of my favorite movies.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

I realize that ending was supposed to show how awesome a person Nicky is, but the last shot of the episode should not have been that stupid @*#(@&#*(! woman. Gah.

ITA. After Grissom demanded his crew back together, that should've been the end. Right. There!

But hey! Thank God that the original plan to wait until October or whatever wasn't to be. I would've never made it through the entire summer!

Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:17 PM

Speechless doesn't begin to cover how...speechless I am.

Did anyone else cry when they found Nick? Or was that just me? George Eads is an amazing actor. And Quentin Tarantino? Most kick-ass director ever, although I was a bit grossed out by Nick's dream when he was on the autopsy table and they started pulling his intestines out...Ugh.

And yeah...the ants? Ew. By the way, can anyone tell me what happened in the first 30 minutes?

elsncy

elsncy

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:18 PM

I read something on tvguide.com today with Tarantino-he said something about the scenes that were so gory they were going to have to show them in black and white....and now I get it. My stomach was turning during the dream autopsy scene-can't think I'd have been able to watch if it had been in color.
And those ants...oh my god those ants.
I'm a bit claustrophobic, so it was hard to watch Nick in that box. Not sure I wouldn't have used that gun.

Texaswonder

Texaswonder

Need explanation. Okay, so he wanted the mil to save his daughter.....then, why blow himself up? Did I totally miss something? Figures.

Great episode and the humour was just enough and not too much. Loved the emotion and the biting my knuckles suspense. Bravo CSI and QT.

Agent Sculder

Agent Sculder

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:18 PM

George Eads and Gary Dourdan both did great jobs in the acting department with this episode. I really hope GE gets an Emmy nod, because his freak outs were amazingly believable. And when Warrick said he wouldn't have made it that long . . .powerful stuff.

Aurelian

Aurelian

Fanatic

Lurker coming out of the woodwork to say that was a damn good episode of television, and I really think it would easily stand against most of modern Hollywood's fair if they cut the commercials and released it in theaters.

I don't know how much of the character stuff was brought by QT and how much was put in by the regular characters, but I have to assume that at least some of it was QT, and it shows that he's really a fan of the show. Everyone was nicely done.

The autoposy....classic Quentin.

I must admit, I was wary at first because of the similarity to Kill Bill Vol. 2 and that Alias episode this season, but I'm a believer. He made that whole situation a lot more scary and dangerous in this episode than I've ever seen.

Need explanation. Okay, so he wanted the mil to save his daughter.....then, why blow himself up? Did I totally miss something? Figures.

He never wanted the million. He never expected them to pony up the million. The ransom was just a way to bring someone to him. He wanted to show them what he felt like, and make their anguish that much more when he blew himself up and (seemingly) made it impossible for them to find Nick and made it so they could only watch him die. He blamed them for slowly killing his daughter in prison, so he was going to slowly kill one of their own.

Edited by Aurelian, May 19, 2005 @ 9:20 PM.