3-17: "Finale" 2005.05.19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

929 replies to this topic

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:00 PM

The love I had for Tana all season vanished as soon as she said "It was MY idea to have a brochure look like a circle!!"

Kudos Kendra!

coastcat

coastcat

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:01 PM

Just when you thought Tana couldn't possible get more obnoxious and unprofessional, along comes the finale show.

HAAAAAAAATE.

Carolyn and George were too damn nice. I wonder if they regretted that after Tana's idiotic behavior at the show? Interrupting everyone to defend herself, what a twit.

Speaking of twits, thank goodness they didn't allow Craig to say anything.

The Apprentice musical? WTF?

vanegere

vanegere

Channel Surfer

Wow. Could Tana have embarrassed herself any more than that?

gjj

gjj

Tana is such a white trash bitch. When she was complimented at the beginning of the show, Kendra graciously applauded. When Kendra was complimented at the beginning, Tana did nothing. What Tana doesn’t get is what Kendra expressed so well: I disagree with my team behind closed doors, the clients see a united front.

Scary girl Kristen. Wow – the dyed hair – whoops, forgot the eyebrows. It reminds me of that old movie SWF. I just don’t know whose life she is trying to take over.

They treated Tana much nicer than she treated anyone else.

sacramentojones

sacramentojones

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:02 PM

At first I thought, hm—Tana and Kendra look pretty much the same as they did before. Then I remembered they hadn’t been on an island.

Edited by sacramentojones, May 19, 2005 @ 9:02 PM.

Knick

Knick

Video Archivist

So, now we have Trump as the "judge" in a fake little court, plus 20 minutes of filler at the beginning. No wonder the CSI season finale was so much more compelling.

Or maybe the courtroom setting was to make Chris feel more at home.

barkley

barkley

Fanatic

I didn't think I could hate Tana any more, and then she just keeps on coming with the idiocy.

Way to go Kendra.

DavidK93

DavidK93

Stalker

• Interests:TV (duh), movies, video games, RPGs, boys

Wow, filler-ific! Seriously, this show is the reason why I love my DVR. I put the show on at 9:17pm, and found that there was an extensive “previously” segment. FFing through that, I caught up with the live broadcast during the commercial before the new programming began. At 9:17pm! So I paused it and left for five to ten minutes to do my laundry. I came back, and still caught up again by 9:45pm! Good gollymama! This will be, like, a four-page recap.

I was surprised that Kendra didn’t point out that she certainly wasn’t trying to claim credit for Tana’s ideas, as Tana seemed to be trying to imply. I mean, they won that task, so it never came under scrutiny! And even if Tana was technically “right” about that, or whatever, could she have been more annoying and downright twerpy?!

In the end, the right decision was clearly made. Not that it was any surprise, considering how superficial the criticisms were towards Kendra, and how faint the praise was towards Tana. And Carolyn appeared to congratulate Kendra very warmly.

Benito

Benito

Man, Tana is stupid. She just made sure NOBODY will hire her now.

Dig dig dig deeper. I thought of the shape! I'm sure Pontiac shot her a commercial too!

Magsi2

Magsi2

Fanatic

WTF??!!!! Why did I feel let down when he finally said "your're hired"? This was definitely missing something. We didn't even get to see what the "employees" had to say when they went into the boardroom....was it that bad?! ARGHHHHHH!!!

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:03 PM

It was her idea to have a circle! In fact, she invented the circle! And if they had handed Pontiac a fucking blank piece of paper in the shape of a circle, they could have gone to bed at 6:00 and won in a walk! WOOOO HOOOO!

God, I thought I hated her twenty minutes ago!

depthfunction

depthfunction

Fanatic

Shut up, Tana! And go away now.

When did The Apprentice turn into a courtroom drama? Why were they in a courtroom set? I expected Tana to shout out, "I object, Mr. Trump!"

arena73

arena73

Video Archivist

I should never doubt Trump to top himself. He actually managed to create a finale that outsucked last year. It was half the length but he doubled the assiness. I know that he doesn't create it, that's Mark Burnett. But clearly he is a bad, bad influence on Burnett.

The whole set was shite. They were seated like the Supreme Court with Trump as Chief Justice, as if. The episode was more blantant pimping of Trump crap. I cannot believe that Trump Ice still exists and Kelly has the task of selling that crap. In fact, it looks like Kelly has 18 jobs with Trump. What is he? Jamaican.

And the two choices for the Apprentice's new job are lame-o. Miss Universe and an estate in Palm Beach!?!? They just look so wieny in comparison to what Bill and Kelly are doing.

This is just like last year being so lopsided and obvious that they were going to go with one candidate. I actually feel bad for Tana for all the heat she's taking on calling the stooges, stooges. And I don't like to feel sorry for Tana after her bitchy performance last week. Oh, wait, Tana just pimped herself and did the Arsenio's dogpound 'woof, woof'. No more pity. She had me until she pumped her fist in a circle. I'm glad the truth came out but did it have to be such a pathetic attempt.

Did Trump make kissy lips to Kendra when she shook his hand after winning?

leuvenator

leuvenator

Couch Potato

It was the fist-pump that made it art.
[/Josh Lyman]

mad_typist

mad_typist

Fanatic

• Interests:Rugby, writing fiction and poetry, world domination

Hooray!!!! Whew...they had me a little scared there for awhile. Thank God they went with Kendra.

I was a little surprised that Tana came up with the idea of the shape of the Solstice brochure, but really, like Kendra said, there's a lot more to do with the win than just the shape. I loved the way Kendra handled it with class and grace. Brilliant.

Tana looked like a jackass doing the Arsenio Hall arm pump manuever.

Behind that mahogany desk with the American flag in the background, Trump sort of had this Judge Wapner vibe going on. Hysterical!

contradicto

contradicto

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:04 PM

Ugh! I soooo didn't care. Maybe next season I will just look away and not turn in. I will watch Martha though.

I'm on board with the Tana hate. At least Omorosa was sly and manipulative. Tana is just an idiot.

alynn

alynn

Fanatic

Lame. Lame. Lame. LAAAAAAAAME.

They didn't even show the employees in the boardroom stuff. Just a big ole waste of time. I'm not wasting my time on a finale for this show again. I didn't need to see an hour of Tana and Trump lying to themselves.

Oh, and Trumpy? If you hate crying so much, why did you tell Kendra that there was nothing wrong with crying. We all saw that last week, not to mention during the 20 minutes of filler.

Lame.

Smiley1130

Smiley1130

Loyal Viewer

God, I didn't think I could hate Tana any more, and then I watched this episode. She was crass and unprofessional. Yay, Kendra!

Also, is it just me or did Tana look a bit...mannish?

Carolyn looked so glam!

MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee

Fanatic

Confession: I figured Kendra was a shoe-in so I defected and watched the CSI-Tarantino extravaganza instead. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of the yoooge finale?

Isca

Isca

Video Archivist

I thought I just missed the "employee" boardroom talk by switching to (an amazing) CSI. Did they really not show any of it? Rip. Off.

televisionboy

televisionboy

Just Tuned In

"The People's Court" called. They want their set back.

Tana is pretty classeless. She acted like she was on the Jerry Springer Show.

What a horrible finale. Trump does about as well with live TV as he does avoiding bankruptcy.

tiggeril

tiggeril

Couch Potato

Suck it, Tana! HAHAHA.

I think the best part was that, except for a short glimpse, this finale was Assorama-free.

gymtastic

gymtastic

Couch Potato

Way to go Tana. You came up with the circle idea. Guess that's all the work you had to put in before you could go to bed. Seriously, what was she thinking? Just because it was a circle didn't make it good. If they had put the crap Net Worth had in theirs in it, it still would have been crappy.

Yay for Kendra. That line about 300-pound linebackers crying was great.

meowing

meowing

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:05 PM

As Shakespeare wrote, Tana, "methinks thou doth protest too much!"

I actually liked when Trump would tell us that they're going to a commercial. That's much better than Seacreast teasing us on AI and then saying "after the break." Seacrest out, indeed.

Good finale. Short and sweet. And Trump was a good host!

Edited by meowing, May 19, 2005 @ 9:17 PM.

EyelinerCrush

EyelinerCrush

Loyal Viewer

At first I thought, hm—Tana and Kendra look pretty much the same. Then I remembered they hadn’t been on an island.

LOL...that's hilarious.

Loved the look of indignation on Erin's face when Tana claimed credit for the brochure. Kendra should have also added a snarky little comment about how the shape of the brochure doesn't matter if the brochure does not get created because someone would rather sleep. But she didn't, since she's a better person than I am, and that is why they loved her.

Her boyfriend's ugly though.

growsonwalls

growsonwalls

Fanatic

I cant believe I said this, but I LOVED Chris tonight. Chris, where have you been hiding? The Chris that showed up tonight was firm and articulate, and I loved the look on Tana's face when Chris said he was "disappointed" in her.
I was surprised that both George and Carolyn were so soft on Tana.
But Kendra clearly had the job in the bag, and I think everyone knew it, so the finale had an incredibly dull, anti-climactic feel to it.

MMorningstar

MMorningstar

Couch Potato

Is it me, or did anyone else think the Trump jobs were a little "girly"--Miss Universe and overseeing (ie, decorating) a mansion?

Geea7

Geea7

Channel Surfer

The love I had for Tana all season vanished as soon as she said "It was MY idea to have a brochure look like a circle!!"

I thought that was EXTREMELY nervy! Kendra reacted with grace, and Tana WENT ON about this. How DARE she, instead of apologizing to Kendra, claim that it was HER who won that task because of the shape - sheesh!

Jodeci

Jodeci

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2005 @ 9:05 PM

That was the worst Apprentice finale ever. How many farkin commercials did they shove into it? Could Tana have been any suckier?

I mean, I'm happy that Kendra won, but this was the most unprofessional piece of live TV crap that I have ever seen. High schoolers with video camera's could have produced a better show than this. Awful, just awful.

I really wanted to jump into my TV and bitch slap Tana all the way back to Iowa. What an evil, nasty bitch. I hope no one ever hires you for anything, ever.

That said, Yay Kendra!!!

Spicy George

Spicy George

Channel Surfer

The Apprentice musical? WTF?

[Rent Ripoff] 525,600 applicants! [/Rent Ripoff]

Very WTF! And Go Kendra! Tana's behavior tonight was horrendous and I'm so glad she lost. The finale looked cheap, though.