3-16: "Into The Stretch" 2005.05.12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1361 replies to this topic

Tonytigr

Tonytigr

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:01 PM

Wow! There can’t be any way they give it to Tana after that hideous performance.

What a fucking “executive” bitch!

She showed her true colors tonight. I can’t imagine how she’s going to be able to go back home to Toto in Iowa and sell stuff to people.

DCRob

DCRob

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:01 PM

Street smarts, my ass! Tana may say, “The streets are my bread and butter,” (bon appetit, Tana), but it turns out she has three years of college. What major do you take if you plan to be the Avon Lady?

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries & autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:02 PM

Go Kendra!!! After watching Tana, I’m still wondering if it comes down to who’s on your team, or management style? I do think that Tana did delegate too much, and whined way too much about her team, which was really unprofessional. However, do we really know that Kendra didn’t delegate too much? We really didn’t see much of Kendra’s prep. What we did see is, “Michael, hang these up.” Would things have been different if Kendra had to work with Tana’s team? What about if they could pick their own teams? Did Kendra get lucky just because she had a team that seemed to care about doing a good job?

*Kendra won that boardroom battle, in my opinion.

Edited by Bigwheels1971, May 12, 2005 @ 9:03 PM.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Tana learned everything from the streets. The streets outside the college she attended for 3 years. WHATEVER!

Kristin needs to be slapped for that brochure and Tana needs to be slapped for not looking over the draft.

Edited by ChocolateCherry, May 12, 2005 @ 9:04 PM.

jjohnson78

jjohnson78

Couch Potato

It's hard for one to write a post with no typos when one has gouged out one's eyes at the sight of shirtless Brian (somebody get a harpoon) and shirtless Chris. I'm suddenly very, VERY grateful that Brian was fired early and that Chris never answered the phone. Retch.

I don't see how anyone can pick Tana to win, especially not once the first commercial break came around. Kendra handled Aimee from Sony beautifully. That woman was such a dip. Playstation's sponsorship "was not in vain"? Lady, shut the hell up - you acted like Magna hammered all the consoles to crucifixes. Other than that, Kendra's event went over without a hitch and neither Erin nor Danny were seen at all during the task, for which I am profoundly grateful. Michael's still a shit, though.

I cannot believe Tana was actually stupid enough to think that the American flag was not necessary for the Olympic expo when it was the flag of the country that was hosting the damn event and that it was specifically requested. Words fail me at the stupidity of that decision - I think that was even worse than the Bedazzler fiasco. Thank God Tana never wanted to be a doctor - I can hear the exchange in the ER now:

Nurse: "Ummm, Dr. Tana? When we do a heart transplant, I think we need to put the replacement heart in before we sew the chest back up."
Tana: "Oh, shucks, that's OK - maybe he'll pop right up off the gurney when we're done anyway. (under her breath)Dumbass nurse. "

Carolyn, please get her. Thank you.

I even liked Kendra's attitude toward her team - she appreciated them and thanked them even though she knew Erin and Danny were incompetent and Michael was an ass. I think the fact that she was exhausted affected her emotions, but I still thought her gratitude towards them was genuine and sweet enough, especially compared to Tana. How I ever thought Tana had good people skills was beyond me.

I mean shit, no wonder this finale is only going to be an hour long - this is twenty times more of a no-brainer than the Kelly vs. Jen snoozefest. I don't think even Trump himself is dumb enough to believe we'd need 3 hours of deliberations to figure out which of these two to hire.

Knick

Knick

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:04 PM

Out of the two teams, Tana got screwed royally from her team--although I have no doubt that Danny and Co. are annoying, Kendra does not have to deal with the sheer malevolent incompetance of Chris, Brian and Kirstin.

Did anyone else sing:

"Children. Children.
Future! Future!
Children. Children.
Future! Future!
Children are our future!"

Ugh, Tana, a little too much hubris. Yeah, forgetting the host-country flag? Not so good.

Fight night is cool, but it's still no "Mike Tyson's Punch-out"

Hmm, pretty much a real difference in styles. Nothing wrong with getting a bit choked up, but ducking away from the "team"? Not so good. It's pretty clear that Tana is not so good with the tough leadership that she appears to have been tested for.

"Tana?" "Tana?" "Nana?" "Nana?"

Oh, "Lo and Behold, we are down to a street-smarts and a book-smarts" well, gosh, I wonder how that might have happened. They might have done a slightly better job of not completely telegraphing the end result. I am somewhat squicked out by the conversation of Tana's family, although it appears that Trump did cut off that line of reasoning.

No, Phil is amazing. Tana and Kendra are merely. . . there. Heh, what the hell was that? They had commercials, then a fifteen second ckip of Robin telling Trump that the employees are here, and then. . . COMMERCIALS! For God's sake!

oswaldsgirlfriend

oswaldsgirlfriend

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:03 PM

Wow, I never realized how completely ugly Kendra is until tonight. And her voice makes me want to stick sharp objects into my ears. But I'm sure she'll win. It wouldn't make any sense for her not to, given tonight's show.

Edited by oswaldsgirlfriend, May 12, 2005 @ 9:08 PM.

karra

karra

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, reading, baking.

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:03 PM

Maybe she can bedazzle Toto and sell him!

There is no *way* she can win.

I loved the look on Kendra's face when she heard about the brochure. How the hell does that happen, anyway?

MarigoldSkye

MarigoldSkye

Fanatic

Damn. Tonight must be my "switch favorites" night. First I went from Ian to Tom on Survivor, and now I've gone from Tana to Kendra on TA3. There's no way I want Tana to win now, she has shown an egotistical side I don't particularly care for. I think Kendra's got this in the bag, and I'm fine with it. I don't want Tana and her self proclamations of being "the boss". She couldn't walk her employees to their SUV? Ass. She thinks proclaiming that Kendra is alone and she has a husband is going to help her case? Trump would love an Apprentice that can curl up at night with tons of paperwork, and not an Apprentice who won't give the job undivided attention. Idiot!

Did laugh at Kendra calling "Tana? Tana?" from the toilets.

Edited by MarigoldSkye, May 12, 2005 @ 9:07 PM.

Tonytigr

Tonytigr

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:05 PM

Kristin needs to be slapped for that brochure and Tana needs to be slapped for not looking over the draft.

Don't forget blowing off the Governor of NY and then not having the US flag after he asked for it! She was just in her own little universe there.

abba21

abba21

Couch Potato

"I have a husband and children to go home to. Kendra has nothing but bitterness and a vibrator."

I may be misquoting, I am going from memory. Tana SUCKS!

crystalsage

crystalsage

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

I hate Tana with the heat of a thousand nuns. "I have a husband and two children and Kendra - she has nothing!" And, "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." Go Kendra.

visamom

visamom

Channel Surfer

Wow! There can’t be any way they give it to Tana after that hideous performance.

What a fucking “executive” bitch!

She showed her true colors tonight. I can’t imagine how she’s going to be able to go back home to Toto in Iowa and sell stuff to people.

\

WORD. In addition, I don't think Trump can handle having an employee with an ego bigger than his!

Kendra, start packing your bags! You will have a new job come this time next week!

Edited by visamom, May 12, 2005 @ 9:16 PM.

jesus206

jesus206

Couch Potato

Holy crap. What a piece of great editing. It was like watching one of those old Bette Davis- Joan Crawford movies. Ha ha. You take the worst of Jennifer M and Kelly P from last season, put them together, and you will come up with a more likable and deserving finalist than Tana. And remember, last season was really the lesser of two evils among a truly unlikable group of candidates. Tana's fall really started
the week she didnt give a crap about the car brochure task. But who could have foreseen a total meltdown? Chris is not smart. But the guy was at least making an effort. The way Tana treated him was the worst we have seen by a candidate not named Ivana, Maria or Kristen. Tana was actually Omarosa like at times. And worse for Tana, teamwork was her only major asset other than sales early in the season and she blew that this time.

And the truly delusional way she kept repeating how she was the apprentice to people not connected with the show at the ceremony? How freaking stupid was that? Then that whole thing with the bye byes???? Could a person be more retarded on camera? And why didn't she hire a temp instead of Kristen to take care of brochures or at least proofread brochures? Instead of badmouthing all three of them classlessly so many times, why not just fire Kristen and get done with it early on. SHE DID HAVE THE OPTION TO FIRE THEM. I know I would have fired Kristen the first minute itself. Carolyn and George told her that last week. The time she wasted bitching about her teammates, she could have easily done the tasks herself or had some temp help her. I assume she had a budget. Why didn't she lay out a schedule of menial tasks and assign Brian and Chris to finish those.

And the most hilarious part was the way they showed Tana's reactions in the suite with Kendra. Even Joan Crawford would be proud. The way her eyes lit up when Kendra said she was crying mistakenly assuming Kendra's task went bad. But then when she realized it was tears of joy, the change in Tana's demeanor. My god. Ha ha. I have not see such stuff in movies. Then the way Tana left Kendra mid conversation when she couldn't take any more good news about Kendra's task.
WOW!

And MOST SHAMEFUL OF ALL. The contrived way George and Carolyn were trying to act like it was a close call between Tana and Kendra at the very end. Give it up folks. There is no suspense here. NO matter how biased the editing could have been, there is no way you can hire Tana after that performance, and don't think you are fooling us. You are just insulting our intelligence. Ha ha.

Kendra is the new apprentice.

ETA: The thing about comparing the difficulty levels of the two tasks. I assume Tana and her team weren't asked to do every single thing just as Kendra and her team of 4 didn't have to do everything in their task . Tana's team did have a bigger task. But Tana did have a lot of support people not part of her Street Smarts team. Tana showed an embarassing amount of cluelessness when dealing with them. The donut crack she made with the mayor's assistant was laughable. The one good thing Chris does, she actually interferes and makes it worse.

Edited by jesus206, May 12, 2005 @ 10:11 PM.

My Way

My Way

Stalker

• Interests:Jensen Ackles.

Damn, what a gyp! I hadn't been reading the spoilers/media so I thought tonight was it. And how diabolical of them to put off talking to the team until next week.

First of all, Tana's outfit in the final boardroom was not a suit. It was separates. It was barely suit-like. Her streak of poor wardrobe choices continues. And although I already thought I hated Tana, this episode confirmed that I really hate her.

Also, I love Kendra! She was so sweat being proud of her team, although I did start saying "no crying in the boardroom" for a while.

Why the hell did they give us that no-imput from George and Carolyn chatter? All Carolyn has to say about Tana is that she's "nice". First of all, Carolyn, she is Not nice, she is an undercover bitch. Second, "nice" is not a job qualification. If Kendra does not get this I will be floored.

ETA, I almost forgot how in love I was with Kendra's shocked face when they read Kristen's brochure. That is so what I would have done, because I have no poker face.

Edited by My Way, May 12, 2005 @ 9:08 PM.

Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

Fanatic

If Kendra weren't already a huge favorite to win, she most certainly was after this episode. It's clearly Kendra's to win at this point.

I'm guessing the way the QVC head loved Tana that she has a on-air position waiting for her at QVC if she wants it, assuming Kendra wins as she almost certainly will next week.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

I have a new vocabulary word for the editors: subtlety.

Carolyn doing the boxing moves was very cute.

crazy_girl

crazy_girl

Fanatic

Tana was horrible. Dismissive, condescending, disorganized, insulting . . . my list goes on.

And that was super bitchy to imply that Kendra hasn't sacrificed by moving to NYC for the show just becuase she's not married and has no children. Kendra left her job, her family and her friends. She sacrificed. Way to be a mean-spirited bitch, Tana. I've had to move for a job and left behind all of that and if anyone implied it wasn't a sacrifice, I would have scratched their eyes out.

Sheesh. And I actually liked her until now.

And to keep the mayor waiting? And then when his staffer implied that was not at all what should be done she was like "Oh, does he need a donut or some coffee?" No, Tana, and he doesn't need any of your fake country charm either. He needs a schedule.

Edited by crazy_girl, May 12, 2005 @ 9:09 PM.

valny

valny

Stalker

OMG!! How was I so wrong about Tana! She actually told Bruce Jenner that she is going to be the next Apprentice!!! We all have attacks of ego now and again, but now is not the time....

It's never the time to be so cocky like that. I thought I wanted her to win weeks ago but she just made it easier for me to hope that Kendra wins.

"You're looking at the next Apprentice."
-Tana

"I have a husband and children to go home to. Kendra has nothing

Harsh and cold Tana!

Too bad for you we're looking at the wrong person T.

TiffanyNichelle

TiffanyNichelle

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:07 PM

Damn Tana turned out to be a nasty piece of work. The nonstop complaining about her team to everyone within earshot. The snotty "I'm the boss, the executive, so those peons should walk before me." She completely disappointed me. She had no control over anything and I think Vinnie was going to start yelling at her.

Kendra however has turned out to be a star. She keeps getting these job offers left and right. She got her team to work without having to beat them with their own shoes the way I might have.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle, May 12, 2005 @ 9:09 PM.

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:08 PM

I hate Tana with the heat of a thousand nuns. "I have a husband and two children and Kendra - she has nothing!" And, "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." Go Kendra.

Way to sell yourself Tana. Why not just say "Kendra can pick up and go anywhere on a business trip at whim, you have to find me a job in Iowa so I don't have to pull my kids out of school."
I really think Tana is attempting to torpedo herself so that she can get the runner-up publicity and job offers without having to work for the Donald. If that's her plan she's a genius.

Edited by ChocolateCherry, May 12, 2005 @ 9:11 PM.

Mech5

Mech5

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:08 PM

Darn you Burnett!!!!

Just when I thought I had my freedom for Thursday nights for a while, you pull this on me! At least there's only one more week to go...

Now, Tana is not going to win this. I could tell as soon as the footage started focusing on her too much - although I can understand her frustration, as anyone who is remotely human would be annoyed by Tana's bunch of crazies.

Interesting that Danny roped the execs into his sing-a-thon...seriously, all we need now is Danny's lyrics subtitled for us so we can sing along...it's yooge, ridiculous and tacky - perfect for the Donald.

Oh, and shirtless Brian and Chris - if anybody has brain bleach or one of those mind-clearing devices from Men in Black, please pass it to me. I need to sleep tonight.

I can tell Kendra's gonna take this, and I wish her the best of luck in the Trump Organization. She's gonna need it.

ETA Brian and Chris...uggh....

Edited by Mech5, May 12, 2005 @ 9:10 PM.

who me

who me

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:10 PM

They should have just ended it tonight. I mean really what else is there to do.

Tana is so unprofessional so even if the event was the best thing ever, her comments are enough not to be hired.

Edited by who me, May 12, 2005 @ 9:09 PM.

MediaGenius

MediaGenius

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:09 PM

This was all bogus. I think both these women suck, but this was just another task that was stripped of most of the meat. Was this really the final task? Why do I feel like we saw so much more of what the Final Two were responsible for in the last two seasons?

And why does it seem like Tana had a much more involved task than Kendra did? Like...MUCH more. The brochure, the Governor, the athletes. It just felt like her task was more intricate.

Not only that, but it felt like everything was already pre-determined for Kendra and she just had to exceute already set plans, whereas Tana had more sub-tasks to do within the main task?

With TA1 and TA2 didn't we see much, much more of the execution of each task? Did anyone else feel like we got the Cliff Notes version?

And, at this point, is there really any suspense over who will win? Wow, they botched this finale but good.

Oh...and Kristen? Shut. Up.

NightBaron

NightBaron

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:09 PM

Oooh... the suspense. Seriously, is there any way that Kendra can lose this?

growsonwalls

growsonwalls

Fanatic

Wow, I'm was no Tana-lover, but even I was shocked at the sudden raging bitch Tana turned into tonight. Suddenly even that gushy, "Ooh I'm soooo excited!" voice seemed so fake and bitchy. It's one thing to have doubts about your staff, but it's another thing to completely lay the blame on them for every bump in the road, which is what Tana did. That's just unprofessional, and downright mean. I also loved how Tana ran away from the conversation with Kendra once she figured out that Kendra's task went well. What a two-faced bitch Tana is.
But I think the main difference between Tana and Kendra was how they delegated the tasks. Tana dumped huge tasks on her staff, like asking Kristen to make the entire brochure, with no help from Tana AT ALL. Kendra, OTOH, was also saddled with a somewhat incompetent staff, but she gave them very specific tasks, like clearing up the PS2 room or roping off an area. She also treated her staff with respect, unlike Tana. The group hug at the end seemed genuine.
This is a no-brainer. Kendra all the way.

Edited by growsonwalls, May 12, 2005 @ 9:14 PM.

Londovir

Londovir

Channel Surfer

Am I the only one who thinks these two tasks weren't even close to being the same difficulty to manage? Look at the prior seasons: TA1 (Golf Tournament vs. Concert), TA2 (Polo Match vs. Charity BBall Tournament). At least both events required a lot of planning and many people to have to accomodate.

But tonight? What did you have? You have one event (NYC2012) that had about 1000 athletes (didn't they say earlier?) plus tons of local dignitaries, multiple venues (swimming, track, gymnastics, etc), and so forth. There was organizing, programs, brochures, scheduling, and so forth.

Then you have the Fight Night 2 tournament. I don't want to knock on Kendra, but how is that even close to being the same size/magnitude as Tana's task? You have a venue that will only involve, what, 200 people tops (prolly not that much). It's confined into a small two/three story building. You have EA providing the machines and software, Sony providing all the kiosks for the building. The only thing Kendra really had to do was direct the cleanup of the building, telling the delivery/installers where to put up the kiosks, and that was about it.

I'm sorry - I think no matter who wins, Tana tanked her assignment. But I also think there wasn't even a close enough comparison in level of challenge involved in the tasks. Kendra had a creampuff job that even I could probably have winged if I had a gun to my head. I'm royally disappointed that she had such a relatively easy challenge compared to the 4 tasks from the first 2 seasons. How did it stretch her skill level to prove herself?

AlmondEyes

AlmondEyes

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2005 @ 9:11 PM

After tonite's abominable performance by Tana, will it really take Trump a whole hour to decide who'll be the Apprentice?

George and Carolyn keep saying Tana is a "nice person." Really? Because all I saw was a two-faced bitch on wheels tonite. I don't know about Brian and Kristen, but Chris was working his ass off and really wanted to help Tana as much as possible. I wanted to reach through the tv and throttle her when she snotted to the sponsor about Chris deciding that issue about the athletes cool-off time, or whatever that whole thing was. I was sick of her bitching about the idiot team she was stuck with and sick of seeing her treat them like shit. Bottom line - Tana was in waaaay over her head.

And what the fuck was with that whole 'let the employees be employees and I'll be the boss and leave in all my glory?' Peeking around corners to make sure her team left in their little SUV? Words cannot express how fucking delusional Tana must be to think she did a great job. And she's sooooo fantastic, of course she did everything herself!

How shocked was she when Kendra actually spoke positively about her team and how hard they worked for her? Way to be a bitch there, Tana.

Again, I must ask - and this hiring decision will take an hour, because . . . ?

eta:

And to keep the mayor waiting?

crazy girl, Pataki is actually our Casper Milquetoast governor, not mayor. Which makes her breezy, not-getting-it, dismissive attitude towards his staffer all the worse, IMO.

Edited by AlmondEyes, May 12, 2005 @ 9:13 PM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

I do like Tana, but I had some serious issues with how she handled some aspects of this challenge. I don't like Kendra, but agree that she recovered well from some initial missteps. However, I do think that Kendra had the slightly better team in terms of their ability to get along and to work for her.

I really don't see the glory for NBC in admitting that a 2-hour finale was too long and had too much filler only to turn around and split it into two one-hour slots and leave us expecting a 'grand finale' with lots and lots of... filler. Because, really, what are we going to get besides the teams giving their reports and Trump making the announcement?

well, at least the announcer didn't call it a 'yooge grand finale'.

Knick

Knick

Video Archivist

"I have a husband and children to go home to. Kendra has nothing but bitterness and a vibrator."

That or a cucumber.