7-11: "Five Continents, 25 Cities And More Than 40,000 Miles" 2005.05.10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1172 replies to this topic

Wizzla

Wizzla

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:50 PM

http://forums.redfla.../cheesygrin.gif
A deserving team WINS!
Uchenna & Joyce

Side note: I'm glad Rob lost. Amber isn't bad, but Rob is an ignorant idiot, who's 15 minutes should have run out 16 minutes ago. CBS will keep milking them tho.
http://www.thecatsit...milies/barf.gif Rob & Amber's wedding? No thanks.

Edited by Wizzla, May 10, 2005 @ 10:05 PM.

dcgal

dcgal

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:51 PM

Ooops - sorry

Edited by dcgal, May 10, 2005 @ 9:53 PM.

drazen

drazen

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:54 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Once again, an inept team wins due to bullshit, late-in-leg bunching.

No more taping 'Scrubs' for me, that's for sure.

shortye

shortye

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:55 PM

Yah!!!! I love Uchenna & Joyce. Good things happen to good people. So gald Romber didn't win, those underhanded people deserved their second place and no money.

MasterLaura

MasterLaura

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:56 PM

Sorry, I have been a lurker for years. Ruh roh, now I have to get something off my chest.

First of all, Ron STFU, I have tolerated your numerous references to being in Bagdad and I was willing to let that “woman drive” comment last week slide but, you say you are not “emotional” because you were in the military. I respect your history but, I do know that “men” do get emotional…even in the military. I have seen “men” cry and have real “emotional” concerns (drunk or not…and yes, I could tell you some stories) as a medic IN THE MILITARY. You shouldn’t have gone there. You and Kelly deserve each other. Let’s just hope you don’t “breed”. P.S. If you don’t like her…tell her! It is the right thing to do. Maybe then, she will get the therapy she needs.

Rob and Amber, you have been blessed with a talent. A talent for…manipulation and notoriety. But, you could add a thank you and please to your vocabulary.

U and J, you’re the most awesome thing I have ever seen on television. You must be truly good people and I wish you the best of luck with your quest to find a child.

I know, I know…editing. But of course, if you never DID it, it would not have to be “edited”.

Ok, I feel better now.

ADD: I wrote all of this before I knew you won. U and J….YA’LL MADE ME CRY….and I don’t do that…<sniff, sniff>.

Oh, and KELLY, you are not the “typical woman”. I do not need a “husband” to meet my goals. You really need to see someone.

burnin8r

burnin8r

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:56 PM

That? Was AWESOME! I was losing my shit when they were scrounging money to pay for the cab before going in, but hey - good guys finish first, it seems!

On another note - what the living hell was up with Deana's hair? Finger in the electric socket much?

Aatrek

Aatrek

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:58 PM

I hoped Rob and Amber would win, but damn if I don't love Uchenna and Joyce. I'm going to have to call 'bullshit' on the bringing-the-plane-back-to-the-gate thing, though.

Edited by Aatrek, May 10, 2005 @ 10:01 PM.

dontgotooz

dontgotooz

Loyal Viewer

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best. Finish. Ever!

U and J pull off a huge upset to win the top prize. One of the most dramatic reality show finally ever. I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Hats off to Romber, though. They also ran a damn fine race as well and were classy at the end. May they now retire from reality shows forever.

As for Ron and Kelly, this once again shows that you don't go on TAR to test your relationship, unless you are U&J.

What a finish!

Mrsmom

Mrsmom

Couch Potato

YYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! In your face Romber!!

PanamaG8or

PanamaG8or

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:57 PM

At least it wasn't Ron and Kelly!

Geez, start the leg with zip and end it with $1,000,000. U/J finaly get a prize for first. ;)

video gal

video gal

Channel Surfer

Well, the ending was exciting although I would have rather seen Rob and Amber win. Oh well, I shouldn't be surprised, my teams never win.

Tripod

Tripod

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

YAAAARGH!

The best team lost.

Though, the best team won. U&J were class, so, kudos. I guess.

Lady V

Lady V

Fanatic

Congratulations on winning this U & J!!! That was a tough leg, and you rocked it, broke, begging, and nice people until the very end!

SWEEEEEET!

You got the prize that counts, team pink slip! Enjoy!

Edited by Lady V, May 10, 2005 @ 10:01 PM.

3rdTimeThru

3rdTimeThru

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 10:00 PM

Another underserving win by distasteful people. That's TV.
Sure, bringing the plane back makes for good drama, but the way U and J acted, hard to be excited about the win.

Knick

Knick

Video Archivist

This whole "trip around the world" conceit is increasingly shaky. For Christ's sake, why are they actually winging their way back?

I would suggest that Kelly is Jennifer lite--poor Ron has to figure out how awesome Kelly is, and show that he is worthy. Blech.

I think they should have had Rupert there to teach the racers how to build a raft. Really, that would be a masterful piece of stuntcasting. Please don't ban me.

Miss Alli should give Kelly lessons on how to swear. "Smart-A". For chrissakes. We could call this episode the "Decline and fall of a Beauty Queen." It could be like a Hogarth print. I'm only sorry that Ron did not slip down the slope and smoke Kelly.

Sing it now! Laaaa!! Montego Bay!! Laaaa-la-la lala lala lala laaaaa!

So what the hell is the mugging at the last pit stop? Dirty pool, I say. Especially in the middle of the night. C'mon! There better be some mondo bunching. Heh. I think Ron was channelling half the posters when he told kelly to shut up through the door.

Yeah, it's not so unbelieveable that Rob and Amber can't get tickets TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES before a flight. (See, Kelly? Swearing!)

Ron did that jump in exactly the right way--jump first, think later. Definitely an unusual screw-up for Rob and Amber. I like them, but don't really want them to win--mostly because I don't like stunt casting. Except for Donnie and Alison two seasons ago--that was just funny.

Okay, that was the bestest, ever comeback from the two people who most deserved it. Heh, I kinda suspected at the commercial break.

Awww, was that the theme for Miami Vice? They are really laying on the stereotypes, aren't they?

Hee. What's the Spanish for the "tire King"? That's downright funny.

Once again, I hand it to the editors--the tensest ending since Chip and Kim. Wow, that was great--good triumphed, evil was defeated (hung on its own petard--"Turn left! No, your other left!"). And yes, Rob and Amber added a wonderful competitive streak. Boy, they do love each other.

Other notes--that's some unfortunate facial hair on the brothers. Alex and Lynn--"Do you think Rob and Amber are coming? oooh, I hope not. . ."

Edited by Knick, May 10, 2005 @ 10:02 PM.

lovefool1978

lovefool1978

Video Archivist

Uchenna and Joyce are my heroes. This was the highlight of my week.

Petuni

Petuni

Man, I thought that I was happy when Chip and Kim won. When Uchenna and Joyce crossed that line, I just LOST IT and cried.

Once again, an inept team wins due to bullshit, late-in-leg bunching.

When you run a marathon, you don't have to be ahead for the first 26.1 miles...just the home stretch. R/K and R/A were STUPID. They were both too worried about each other and they both got reamed in the end. And I for one say...GOOD! Uchenna and Joyce had no money, no resources and they still pulled it off? What the hell does that say about the other racers? U/J were MORE than worthy of that money.

And can we talk about how they wouldn't even cross that line until they paid the cabbie? I don't know who I want to marry more - Uchanna or Joyce! Talk about your good people! Wait...it's Uchenna. He was looking GOOOOD in those shorts.

Nice guys finish first!! Take that, Blob and Rambler!

Edited by Petuni, May 10, 2005 @ 10:09 PM.

Like Herod

Like Herod

The team I wanted to win out of the three did. Awesome. Nail-biting, I was getting scared they wouldn't find the cash to pay their cabbie. Although, if Romber showed up, they could have just dashed for it.

How lame is it that I was pretty touched at the end there? Awww. I'm happy for them.

arena73

arena73

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 10:01 PM

I can't stop crying. What a race! What a finish!

This has been a really up and down season and thank god there was a satisfying finish. I've really loved U&J since the beginning because their story is really compelling. So glad they have renewed their commitment to each other, their marriage and the developing of their family. Can't wait to see them on TES tomorrow.

Woo, I love TAR!!!!

AmyAnne

AmyAnne

Loyal Viewer

In a word.... YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! Will comment more after the beer buzz wears off!

rune

rune

Video Archivist

YEAH!!!! Go U & J!

And holy cow, the finish line was about 1/2 mile from where I used to live. COOL! Of course that meant that I was screaming directions at the TV all the way to the line. ...snork...

Boober F.

Boober F.

Sooooo glad to see U & J win! What a stressful last leg.
Starting a leg with no money has never really been a problem until tonight. That was hell.

loud

loud

Loyal Viewer

Woooohooo!! Mr. Loud and I jumped up and down and went nuts with that utterly satisfying ending! This ending did prove however how disgusting the Non elim muggings are - imagine if U and J had lost the million because they couldn't cover the cab fare? Still, it looked like Rob and Amber were quite a ways behind..but the possibility of that horrific outcome had us screaming at the TV!

Of course, we also looked at each other and said "TarCon must be drunk and screaming right now"!

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 10:02 PM

I'm just glad that Ron & Kelly were last! Hopefully these two will never get married.

Go Uchenna & Joyce! I thought for sure that the cabbie would kill their chance at winning.

Now onto the Romber wedding!

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

"Versus the black couple"? Like that's the only thing that distinguishes them? Shut up, Rob.

"Ahhhh. The smell of a third world country again."? Shut up, Ron.

How funny that it wasn't technically a Fern, but when Rob and Amber needed directions most, they got 'em from someone who didn't know what in the hell he/she was talking about.

This week on "When Bad Things Happen to Good People," Uchenna and Joyce's taxi gets a flat tire, and they lose all their money and belongings, which sucked, until . . .

the American pilot came back to the gate to let Joyce and Uchenna on the plane. He's my hero. It's almost like he singlehandedly decided to make up for the Kris/Jon debacle by helping them out. My boycott of American Airlines is now over.

Only Joyce and Uchenna would almost miss crossing the finish line first to make sure the cab driver is taken care of. Unbelievable, but it just shows what kind of people they are. I totally would have run off and sent the guy a check. I'm so glad the Luck of the Non-Evil came out to play today.

This is only the second time a team I liked actually won the race, but it's the first time I ever cried at the ending, when Joyce and Uchenna thanked all of their competitors. That was so sweet. Love. That is all.

Edited by kenyaj, May 10, 2005 @ 10:04 PM.

scrounge

scrounge

Couch Potato

BULL-FUCKING-BULLSHIT. Conspiracy, my slightly fat ass. Yeah, they just happened to open the door to that plane. And after a late stage mega-bunch. Uh huh...

Still, congrats to U&J. They deserved it. Anyone else and I would have been totally pissed. I like them, but that was BULL-FUCKING-BULLSHIT. No better racers than Rob&Amber, they kicked everyone's ass but some BULLSHIT BUNCHING and BULLSHIT PLANE HOLDING and some bad luck, and they are second. Oh just to see the faces of Patrick and Lynn&Alex would have been so delicious.

BULL-FUCKING-BULLSHIT.

tiggeril

tiggeril

Couch Potato

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

YES! I love Uchenna and Joyce and am soooo happy that they made it!

How much do I love that Ron and Kelly self-destructed at the finish line? What a moron she is. Why the hell did she decide to have the relationship talk while still racing? Hate.

Rob and Amber? Indifferent. They fell in the middle, between the Uchenna and Joyce love and the Ron and Kelly (but mostly Kelly) hate, so meh.

But woo. :)

AlmostRabbi

AlmostRabbi

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 10:03 PM

That...Was...Awesome!!!

I love Romber, but boy am I glad U&J won! talk about class...

After Kris and Jon lost last time I've badly needed a happy win. Yay!

growsonwalls

growsonwalls

Fanatic

God, the bunching in this race has gotten out of control. I don't mind it in the earlier stages, but when it happens in like five different spots in the last episode, it's annoying.
I'm happy for Uchenna and Joyce, although I was rooting for Romber. I liked how in the end the #1 and #2 had strong loving relationships. I admit I almost cried when Rob said that he didnt win, but he "had Ambuh."
Kelly and Ron? The relationship needs a good shot of euthanasia, because their nonstop sniping in that flat whiny drawl was really getting to me. I used to think Kelly was a whiny princess, but this episode really showed how much Ron needed to STFU. Being in the military doesnt give you the right to act like a condescending, conceited jerk.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Fanatic

Uchenna and Joyce were such class acts, I adored them. Glad to see they pulled out the win.

Too bad Rob and Amber had to be so close behind them, though. Those two deserved the dreaded Guido edit. Well, karmically, they really deserved to be Philiminated in the first episode, but you can't have everything.