The Screen Savers Is Gone, Get Over It: Attack of the Show

• Please log in to reply

2736 replies to this topic

Sprout

Sprout

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2005 @ 5:43 AM

Honestly, Carboni struck me as the closest thing to a perfect fit that they're going to find. The next two guys are really going to have to bring it if they want to hope to succeed.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2005 @ 10:50 PM

So is Vanilla Ice really the new cohost?

Sprout

Sprout

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2005 @ 11:03 PM

Well, considering that he was only in the first segment of that show, and wasn't seen nor heard from again afterwards, I'd have to say no.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 24, 2005 @ 7:19 PM

Okay, colour me confused. I *thought* Kevin was asking him how he'd manage hosting this show and touring. I was under the impression he was hosting. I hope not. Lord, I hope not.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2005 @ 12:55 AM

I actually thought he may be the actual new co-host, too. So don't feel bad, Kid Dork.

That said, the most recent co-host whose name escapes me, really sucked. He just seems so uncomfortable in front of the cameras, and during interviews he just keeps saying, "mhm, okay," which was a little disconcerting.

Here's hoping he's not the permanent co-host.

P.S. Am I wrong or did last Tuesday's promo for AOTS say that they were announcing the new, official co-host?

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 26, 2005 @ 6:35 PM

So, is this Sean character the new co-host? He's into DC Comics, and just geeked out over 'Infinite Crisis', so he's okay in my books.

Wow. Sarah looks devastating in formal wear.

Sprout

Sprout

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2005 @ 9:36 PM

Sean is the fourth (and I think final?) candidate in the AotS host search thing. Forgot all about that didn't you? Honestly, I don't think they could have picked a worse time of year to do this, what with their schedule being so wonky due to G-Phoria and TGS.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 27, 2005 @ 3:36 PM

Are they still doing the host thing? Honestly. I like Sean the most--he lacks the 'I'm so kewl' arrogance some of them have displayed. "I only play Linux games that only three people have heard of" types.

Vanilla Ice was mentioned last night, but it seems this hosting thing was just a mass hallucination. Doesn't like bees, apparently.

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2005 @ 10:37 AM

I didn't think I liked Sean on that first day with the Megaphonies. I thought he was too comfortable, taking pot shots at the crew and stuff but I saw the first segment of yesterdays. (I'll finish tonight.) and I kinda like him. He doesn't seem as "cool" as Carboni but he still has the edge. He's dorky but not so dorky as Nar. He is 1000000 times more comfortable on his first day than Wil was on his last day. He's not Vanilla Ice. I'm not a comic book fan but I know a lot of AotS fans are so that's nice. I'm in support of all dorky passtimes even if I don't share them. What's "Infinite Crisis"?

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 28, 2005 @ 8:00 PM

I'm in support of all dorky passtimes even if I don't share them. What's "Infinite Crisis"?

'Infinite Crisis' is the super duper big DC Comics crossover comics special that really kicks in next month. It's a sequel to 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' that came out 20 odd years ago. And I'm probably explaining it too much. Suffice to say there will be lots of heroes, lots of grim looks, and probably a few fights,LambyToes.

But Sean thinks Kyle Rayner is better than Hal Jordan? To quote Raiden: 'Whatever!'

Did Wil ever relax? Nice enough guy, but he just radiated nervous energy like a leaking...nervous energy thing. His habit of cutting across Kevin or Sarah and then mumbling--so you never heard what he was trying to say--was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

And did anyone rewind last night's episode to see what the big countdown lead to?

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2005 @ 8:00 PM

AotS did a Serenity segment today. My favorite show just did a piece on my favorite curren obsession so I'm all good. Kevin said he's excited for the movie now too!

Also, I think I heart Sean. He's adorable and quirky. I think I like him best.

ETA: I watched my recording of it today and as far as I can tell they just dropped it when it ended. It didn't lead to anything.

Edited by LambyToes, Sep 28, 2005 @ 8:03 PM.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 30, 2005 @ 5:57 PM

I braved the G4 boards (I hate teenagers--I truly do) and learned that the countdown was just to something related to DVDuesday.

Whippy-frickin-skippy.

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2005 @ 9:37 AM

Until this week, I had not watched this show since about May. I forgot how enjoyable it is. I relish the geekiness of it all. I really want to go to the gun club that Brendan went to last night. Funny when they called him "BM." I had not thought of him being a BM before, but I find it funny because those are my initials too and I always get grief for it. Everyone seems to think they are the first to point out what my initials stand for.

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 2:08 PM

Can we get a new host? I mean DAMN!

Sprout

Sprout

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 2:36 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling that they've pretty much abandoned the whole host search thing. Which is a problem because we're inevitably going to get more situations like last week when Kevin was the only host not off on assignment and they had to bring in Chris Gore (who I don't mind) to cohost.

latenitepilgrim

latenitepilgrim

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 3:02 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling that they've pretty much abandoned the whole host search thing.

I don't think that's it. What might be taking so long is if they chose one of the guys from New York (Anthony or Sean, ), they'd need time to pack up, move, find a place, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the new host started in the next week or two, maybe even with today's show.

they had to bring in Chris Gore (who I don't mind) to cohost.

Agreed. Chris Gore rocks consistently. Second only to Seanbaby as far as guest hosts go (Morgan and Adam are tied for 3rd).

elmothefuzzy

elmothefuzzy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2005 @ 10:46 PM

Bumping show topic for people that watch Attack of the Show on G4.

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 12:53 AM

I love this show and I love the group dynamics of the hosts, frankly I really like AOTS being hosted regularly by Kevin Pereira, Sarah Lane and Brendan Moran. Each bring a unique trait to the show....Kevin is the "egomaniacal" geek, Brendon is the serious "conservative" geek (love the funny "serious" faces he makes) and Sarah is the hot cool chick. I don't mind if they have people like Chris Gore or Will fill in for one or two of those three when they are "on assigment".

This show cracks me up everyday I watch it, I love how Sarah and Kevin constantly banter and snark on each other. Two weeks ago they really went at it*during a "user created" segment, where Kevin snark on Sarah about 4 times almost consecutively in one segment!

Moments like Brendan's showing how "chunky" he got on Thanksgiving(this past monday's show) or yesterday when Will made the talk about his tech gadget into a eupehmism for his penis is why why I love this show so much!

The segments are great such as It came from ebay, the feed, The lush and fresh ink are really a plus not too mention live music friday, but in reality I tune in to see the banter between Kevin and Sarah, and Sarah and Brendan.

IMO this is the best show on G4 along with X-Play (cause I have a huge crush on Morgan).

Edited by HellfireClubGuy, Dec 2, 2005 @ 1:16 AM.

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 2:13 PM

What HellFire said.

Seriously, the best parts of the show are the unscripted ones and I think you have their personalities down pat. I loved when Sarah was like "I know your the star of the show and your so cool and blah blah blah..." She was taking Kevin to task for being so egomaniacal but it didn't even phase him. He does self-efacing as well. I loved when Wil was like "Cowboy up man!" and Kevin was like "No, I'll get my skirt dirty." They're all so good. I was so happily surprised that Wil was so good on his first day because he blew big nasty chunks his entire week long audition.

I think it too so long because Wil needed to pen a contract and he's probably still moonlighting for C-Net til they can get a replacement. Television shows and whatnot don't give a crap if you're living in your car, they generally want you to start working on ther time table, not yours.

latenitepilgrim

latenitepilgrim

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 3:39 PM

Sorry, Lamby, but this is from the AOTS G4 boards:

I'm not the so-called "new co-host." I'm just a guy who comes on the show to talk about technology, gadgets, and redheads ;-)

Wil

He also says he's no longer working for CNet. I think he's full-time at G4 now, just not the official co-host.

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 4:26 PM

BTW I loved Will's "how to impress chicks with cool gadgets" on wednesday..and I love how he seemed to be in some kind of intern posisition during the segment(he was bringing tea to Kevin and called him sir!, gotta bring that raspberry tea to the star of the show!).

Also, I so want one of those AI bars!

ETA: Another great moment this week was on monday, during the last segments(when they take questions from the chat rooms) and during the first question(something about Mr. Miyagi) led to a quick discussion about waxing on and off(or something) Sarah then says she waxes off and Kevin says "we know" (in that funny sexualize way) and winks at the camera and Brendan says "what does that even mean? and gives her and the camera a big WTF? look. It doesn't seem that funny in wiriting but it was hillarious in the show.

Edited by HellfireClubGuy, Dec 2, 2005 @ 4:36 PM.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 8:02 PM

Brendan checking out Sarah's rack with his Helmet Cam was also a high point this week. Not that I like Sarah or anything. Much.

HellfireClubGuy

HellfireClubGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2005 @ 10:24 PM

I just remember another good one, twoo weeks ago during a segment(not the last one) where people where asking questions to Sarah, one of the questions was what kind of instruments she played in High School.

She mentioned a few and then Kevin said.."no..rusty trombone?" Sarah gave him this sarcastic laugh and from there on they were snarking on each other heavily through that episode.

Then of course this week during lush, Kevin again mentions Rusty trombone....something you want to tell us, Kevin?

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2005 @ 1:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up latenitepilgrim and "Yaaaaay!" because I liked Wil and wanted him to suceed I just didn't want to be subjected to him everyday on AotS now we will get one of the other boys I did like. With my luck it will be Nar, the one I liked least next to Will. I wonder what his job is. I should go to G4 but their pop ups like to crash my jurrasic computer.

LambyToes

LambyToes

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2005 @ 2:53 AM

It's been a week.

At ths point I'm beginning to think that Brendan purposely messes up as "his thing" because that lan party snafu was priceless as was Kevin saying he was trying to break the entire show.

If he's not doing it on purpose I'm surprised the suits havn't tossed him long ago.

ColonelT

ColonelT

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 10, 2005 @ 10:28 PM

As I guy who actually auditioned for the show, I'd like for them to definitively proclaim one way or the other whether or not they're hiring a co-host. Closure is healthy.

I'm reminded of when Andy Richter left "Late Night" and Conan announced they'd be doing a sidekick search...but after a while they realized that Conan is plenty entertaining all by his lonesome. Along those same lines, I think AOTS clicks with just the three of them and the occasional guest host. (It'd be great to see Victor from JD show up one day, but I'm thinking that'll never happen.)

Sprout

Sprout

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2005 @ 11:21 PM

Well, in the little ad spaces for the show on G4's website there used to be a picture of Kevin, Sarah, Brendan, and a black person-shaped space with a question mark in it. Now it's just Kevin, Sarah, and Brendan. That, coupled with the fact that they haven't mentioned the host search in about 2 months, kinda tells me they've ditched the idea.

latenitepilgrim

latenitepilgrim

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 7:38 AM

I think the new host will probably debut when they come back from their winter hiatus.

ColonelT

ColonelT

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2005 @ 7:20 PM

I think that ad for AOTS had Kevin P, Kevin R, and Sarah, then when Kevin R left it was just Kevin P, Sarah, and the black person shape. I don't remember Brendan ever being in that ad. If he's there now, maybe he's it and the show's moving on. Fair enough.

Kid Dork

Kid Dork

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 12, 2005 @ 8:44 PM

I think the new host will probably debut when they come back from their winter hiatus.

I think you're being optimistic, latenitepilgrim. Knowing G4, AOTS will be cancelled over Christmas and replaced with a show on really, really rad skateboards.

Enjoyed tonight's show. Brendan's chest waxing was horrifying to watch, and his shout of 'happy ending' made me wonder how he spends his off hours, the dirty weasel.

The 'First Time' segment bombed, but did we expect it to go otherwise?

Sarah looked radiant. And even Kevin didnt' grate on my nerves as much as he usually does, but it is only Monday, after all.