MSNBC

• Please log in to reply

5257 replies to this topic

Bony Prominence

Bony Prominence

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:52 PM

Thanks, StJoeShark! I guess he wasn't a Romney rep, just a conservative columnist. Fun to watch, either way.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

Woo! I knew I liked her! That is bad ass!

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:20 PM

Oh snap! She got him.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Is she attempting to follow in the footsteps of boyfriend Lawrence O?

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

I don't think even "boyfriend Lawrence O" could have shut that guy down like she did.

InnerCanuck

InnerCanuck

Stalker

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

Memo to Luke Russert: Saw you on at the end of Martin Bashir's show today, reporting on the trans-Atlantic flight which landed in Maine because a mentally disturbed passenger claimed she had an explosive device inside of her body.. It hasn't been all that long since you took the SAT, but I recommend you review the vocabulary lists or learn to use a dictionary, because "implemented" and "implanted" are two completely different words with two completely different meanings!

Lexx

Lexx

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 4:02 PM

It hasn't been all that long since you took the SAT, but I recommend you review the vocabulary lists or learn to use a dictionary, because "implemented" and "implanted" are two completely different words with two completely different meanings!

/facepalm

I can't describe how depressing it is that this moron started his career as a Congressional correspondent for a major cable news network, while I'm stuck looking for local newspaper gigs. I have to change the channel whenever he comes on.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

He was the newsreader on the Saturday Today Show. Next stop,Meet the Press.

Diane Chambers

Diane Chambers

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

Is Abby Huntsman now an official MSNBC political commentator? I didn't think anyone could make Meghan McCain look astute, but...

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Really? Another child of a politician as a commentator? At least when Fox signs someone for their name recognition they get the person who actually ran for office.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 9, 2012 @ 7:47 AM

No, the interesting thing about Abby is that she's often on CNN too.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 4:48 AM

Dylan Ratigan is leaving MSNBC. Martin Bashir will take over the 4:00 pm time slot.

My only hope is that Bashir doesn't inherit the insufferable duo of Toure and Andrew Lloyd Webber's daughter.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 5:21 AM

And who will be the new host at 3 p.m.?
http://www.politico....lot-125776.html

Please, not Luke.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 6:51 AM

Will not miss Dylan. Ron Reagan? That would be great.

snorca

snorca

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

Will not miss Dylan. Ron Reagan? That would be great.

Let me second Ron Reagan. I think he's fantastic!

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

Dylan is gone! Yesssss!

I third Ron Reagan.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 7:23 PM

And who will be the new host at 3 p.m.?
http://www.politico....lot-125776.html

Please, not Luke.

Oh, sweet baby Jesus...nooooooo!!!!

I hope it's Michael Smerconish who I simply adore. (Though I doubt it'll be him since he's tied into his Philly talk radio gig.) Barring him, I'd be happy with Ron Reagan, too.

sheetmoss

sheetmoss

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

I wouldn't mind if the slot was given to John Fuglesang, he was very good when he subbed for Eliot Spitzer awhile back.

Edited by sheetmoss, Jun 12, 2012 @ 11:40 AM.

ThomasAAnderson

ThomasAAnderson

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

I wouldn't mind if the slot was given to John Fuglesang, he was very good when he subbed for Eliot Spitzer awhile back.

Fugelsang is an asshat. When he subbed for Stephanie Miller over the winter break he said that Ron Paul and David Duke weren't racists, they just hold prejudice views. Really?! If he gets a permanent slot on MSNBC I will stop watching that network and downgrade my package (since you must upgrade to get anything more than FOX).

Every time he's on her show I ask on her Facebook page when he's going to explain these comments.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

Hooray again for Ron! If you caught him on Hardball yesterday, he was fabulous, as usual, when Michael Steele quoted Michael Regan. Chris got a good laugh too.

eurp

eurp

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:09 AM

I am so tired of MSNBC using Lockdown to fill most of the weekends. I think MSNBC should try showing some political movies instead. Other stations, for instance the History Channel show movies or programs of the topic their station is devoted to. Does anyone else think this might work as an alternative to at least part of the Lockdown shows?

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 4:49 AM

I am so tired of MSNBC using Lockdown to fill most of the weekends.

I am so tired of MSNBC using Lockdown to fill the weekends starting at 10 ET on Fridays, which is 7 where I live.

And with Maddow off the past two Fridays, it's like they've given up on Fridays, even though that's a big newsmaking day.

Anyways, it looks like they're going to rotate Steve Kornacki (whom I like), Ezra Klein Krystal Ball, S.E. Cupp and Toure in the 3 pm slot.

http://www.politico....ces-126414.html

As I mentioned in the Lawrence thread, about a month or 2 ago, Krystal Ball started suddenly appering in the first segment of Lawrence nearly every day. It was almost like she was a co-host or something. Maybe this will limit her apperances on Lawrence. (I don't mind Krystal Ball, but I do mind when I see the same pundit in the opening segment nearly every day. It gets tiresome.)

Edited by nowandlater, Jun 18, 2012 @ 4:52 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Is it most of the weekends? The duo of Chris Hayes/Melissa Harris-Perry has 8am-noon Sat & Sun & then Alex Witt has a show after that, I don't know for how long. But that's at least 10 hours, more if Witt's show is longer than an hour.

InnerCanuck

InnerCanuck

Stalker

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

S.E. Cupp? Is she to be their token conservative (yeah, yeah, Joe Scarborough blahblahblah) now? Yuck.

midwestmusician

midwestmusician

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

Me too. MSNBC used to have a good documentary series, "Time and Again", which was often shown on weekends. They have made some other decent documentaries, like the one on Jonestown. And there used to be an interview show with the late Tim Russert. I wish they would have more programming like that.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Yikes - who is Luke Russert?

Yeah, I know. But trying to be and sound like Chuck Todd and like he has a decade/s of experience under his belt?

Couldn't believe this morning when he said Obama arrived at 1:30am and probably needed a nap - and then said something like "take a nap." Who the hell does he think he is?

And dissing curried cauliflower soup, lol.

Seriously - who is he morphing into? I think he is too big for his britches at this point. I really can't take anything he says seriously. Just ask the questions and learn and gain experience.

Rant over.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

Luke needs to go into sports announcing and drop this shit. He sounds like he practices that sports guy voice.

I can't believe there's actually a person called Krystal Ball. Her parents should be humiliated.

Ball's father, Edward Ball, was born in West Virginia and has a Ph.D. in physics. Her mother, Rose Marie Ball, is an educator in King George County, Virginia. The name Krystal came from her father, a physicist who did his dissertation on crystals.[2]

OK, that doesn't make it any better... especially with that f'ed up spelling. It sounds like a trailer park name.

HyeChaps

HyeChaps

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

In addition to being a top Congressional reporter and fill-in news host, Luke does sports on satellite radio.

Mimi10022

Mimi10022

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

In addition to being someone's child and practicing his "serious voice", Luke also embarrasses most intelligent viewers of MSNBC.

snorca

snorca

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

especially with that f'ed up spelling. It sounds like a trailer park name

It's just one letter that's changed, so not too f'ed up. And my best friend's name is Krystal. I think that the "Krystal" part is ok, it's putting it together with Ball that makes it trailer-ish.