Prez Evil Weenie, Formerly Prez Weenie, Formerly VP Logan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

197 replies to this topic

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2007 @ 5:11 PM

Tallulah2 technically we don't but M. Giant said that it was ok to do so as a courtesy to the folks who avoid the previews. I do so simply because I know there are folks (like my boyfriend) who try and avoid all previews. He channel surfs out of all Fox shows in order to avoid seeing 24 promos.

M. Giant Apr 12, 2006 @ 11:07 pm Report Post#3
Previews are not considered spoilers. Feel free to spoiler-tag them if you want to out of courtesy to other posters, but it's not required.

Revive

Revive

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2007 @ 5:11 PM

ProfCrash speculated that since it is revealed that Logan "wants something" and he's shown looking at a picture of Martha, he wants Martha. Maybe Kiefer will have to kidnap her!

M. Giant

M. Giant

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2007 @ 1:46 PM

Remember - you don't have to spoiler tag the previews.

Back Jawer

Back Jawer

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 27, 2007 @ 3:23 AM

Prof and Tallulah, I never watch any previews, and I won't watch any commercials for the next hour of 24, because I don't want to get ahead of the "clock." I like the sense of being in on the action with CTU as it occurs.

I know there are folks (like my boyfriend) who try and avoid all previews. He channel surfs out of all Fox shows in order to avoid seeing 24 promos.

Good man! The TV I usually watch doesn't have a remote, so when a commercial for 24 comes on and I'm not with somebody else, I do kid things like put my hands over my ears or at least start singing real fast. If I'm with someone else, I'm told I get all agitated and start talking all hyper over the commercial.

As for former president Logan and his bid for "redemption" (in addition to the redemption perhaps achieved by Assad's sacrifice), it seems that his "reconnection with his faith" is genuine, judging by the "one step [or 'day'?] at a time" pep talk he gave himself in the mirror. The Bible verse it was based on, which seems like it's from Psalms, is one to trust in God to continue to give you strength.

Checking the concordance . . . this must be the one:
"He drew me up from the desolate pit,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure." Psalm 40.2

There's "steps" again. The context, the verses before and after:
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry. . . .
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after false gods!" Psalm 40.1, 3-4

Jack was checking Logan's Bible out of curiosity and was positively impressed that this and other passages were highlighted. Immediately after seeing that, Jack told somebody on the phone (Buchanan?) that he thought Logan was sincere and they had to trust him.

When Logan said he understood how Jack might not believe his change in heart after "hating me for so long," did you notice the spatial relationship between the two? Jack was seated and looking upward with a searching, almost pleading look, and Logan was standing almost above him delivering these (and more) words of, you could say, reconciliation. It was almost as though Logan were administering a blessing to a kneeling supplicant, his words and countenance working peace on an introspective Jack who was questioning the hatred that had been festering in his heart.

It remains to be seen, of course, how well Logan can stand up to challenges as the day unfolds.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2007 @ 9:51 AM

I hope that we have a redemption story arc here and not a still evil trying to work an angle story arc. If Logan turns into Sherry Palmer I am going to be pissed.

Edited by ProfCrash, Feb 27, 2007 @ 10:33 AM.

Navin

Navin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2007 @ 10:16 AM

I think Logan looked like Saddam Hussein (pre-execution) last night.

Tallulah2

Tallulah2

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2007 @ 12:29 PM

When Logan said he understood how Jack might not believe his change in heart after "hating me for so long," did you notice the spatial relationship between the two? Jack was seated and looking upward with a searching, almost pleading look, and Logan was standing almost above him delivering these (and more) words of, you could say, reconciliation. It was almost as though Logan were administering a blessing to a kneeling supplicant, his words and countenance working peace on an introspective Jack who was questioning the hatred that had been festering in his heart.

Interesting point! I didn't notice that, but I'll go back and watch. Like ProfCrash, I hope that he truly is a changed man--it would be a new thing for 24. And it would be in character for Logan to do all of this partly to try and redeem himself in Martha's eyes. I do believe he still loves her. He can't have her, but he loves her. ;-) I do love the fact that Itzin is the kind of actor that always keeps you guessing as to his motives, though. He should keep things interesting as long as he's on. I just want Martha and Aaron to reappear soon.

LotusN

LotusN

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2007 @ 5:35 PM

I think Logan looked like Saddam Hussein (pre-execution) last night.

Fuck me. That's what I was thinking!

ChicagoTim3123

ChicagoTim3123

Couch Potato

• Interests:Baseball (Chicago Cubs), basketball, 24, Veronica Mars, The Shield, Prison Break, music, movies, reading, nutrition, wellness, the power of the mind

Posted Mar 5, 2007 @ 11:35 PM

Regarding Logan's alleged turnaround, in Season 5 he had to do evil things for a cause (aka Henderson's 'pandora's box'), the source of which has not been revealed and for which Logan was going to commit suicide. Is Logan's 'redemption' solely for the evil things he had to do? And if so, is he still all about the pandora's box?

Dr Alice

Dr Alice

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 3:15 PM

If Logan really is a goner, I'm going to be pissed at the writers. Not for having him die per se, or having him still be in love with Martha, but the manner in which he died. All the wonderful ambiguity we've had for the last few episodes -- is Logan good or is he still a conniving weasel?-- just went right out the window. What we've got now is a martyr. A well-meaning, interfering guy who found religion and got himself killed by his crazy ex-wife (and this episode didn't do Jean Smart's character any favors, either, but that's another story).

Feh. Me, bitter? You bet.

Edited by Dr Alice, Mar 13, 2007 @ 3:34 PM.

LotusN

LotusN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 5:33 PM

If he's a goner then so'll be it. What I dislike is the way he was sent off. It was completely wrong of Martha to stab him and be remorse-free about it.

They distroyed her character and as far as I'm concerned Logan should be rotting in jail but that's neither here nor there.

mallory54

mallory54

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2007 @ 5:07 AM

What I dislike is the way he was sent off. It was completely wrong of Martha to stab him and be remorse-free about it.

She's insane. Or emotionally disturbed. Or something. I don't know what her condition is, but she was pretty spooky through much of season 5, and time has not calmed her.

Vijay

Vijay

Fanatic

• Interests:I like House and 24. More like i'm obsessed with House and like 24. I also like Monk and Psych. But TWoP only has House and 24. That's OK though. I also like my computer, my video games, basketball, and my friends.

Posted Mar 17, 2007 @ 10:48 AM

What I dislike is the way he was sent off. It was completely wrong of Martha to stab him and be remorse-free about it.

She's insane. Or emotionally disturbed. Or something. I don't know what her condition is, but she was pretty spooky through much of season 5, and time has not calmed her.

She's mentally ill. And she wasn't remorse-free. She was going hysteric after it happened. It was just spur-of-the-moment craziness. And she was compensating by acting as if she was a savior for doing what she did.

LotusN

LotusN

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2007 @ 10:26 AM

And she wasn't remorse-free. She was going hysteric after it happened.

And about 5 seconds later she complained about the fact that she couldn't understand why they treated her that way, meaning she didn't get why they would hand-cough her. She's not mentally ill. She might have some problems but she isn't menatally ill.

Doug325

Doug325

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 10:08 PM

Bumping up this thread. It looks like former President Logan is going to make a comeback. I wonder where he has been/what he has been doing these past few years

Elena Donaghy

Elena Donaghy

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 14, 2010 @ 7:04 AM

That slimy Nixon is back alright. He's involved somehow.

I hope they bring out the whole conspiracy from s5/maybe Wilson's group too...and have Jack finally kill Logan like he should have back in season 5.

Either way, Jack is finished now. He doesn't have a care in the world. Everyone should take note, especially Logan and Dana.

Wallyhorse

Wallyhorse

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 12:06 AM

So Charles tries to kill himself and fails miserably in the end. Probably was fitting for him to do so.

tennyoaisu

tennyoaisu

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2010 @ 9:38 AM

Originally I was mad because I just wanted him to die for being such a coward, but then I guess it means he'll suffer for the rest of his life.