Prez Evil Weenie, Formerly Prez Weenie, Formerly VP Logan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

197 replies to this topic

shortyemi

shortyemi

Posted Apr 19, 2005 @ 2:24 AM

Is he on crack or something, his eyes kept shifting and he can't seem to think probably. It looks to me like he's a pointless character and probably will only get in Kiefer's way. A nu-clee-ar bomb was just stolen by terrorists and they have been attaching LA for 18 hours, a suspect that might or might not have information regarding the terrorist are in custody. But the only thing he could think about is to protect the suspect's rights? I'm just waiting for him to be killed off or at least 25th Amandement again.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2005 @ 9:41 PM

He constantly looks like he is going to poop his pants from all the stress or something.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2005 @ 11:38 PM

Someone mentioned in the episode thread that his first presendential duty was to crap his pants. It cracked me up.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2005 @ 8:17 AM

That line was from M. Giant's recap last week and it STILL has me giggling.

This guy appeared on Judging Amy last night...he looked a tad more competent as a bitchy lawyer.

Ankai

Ankai

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2005 @ 2:46 PM

While watching the scenes featuring him, for some reason, I kept imagining Snake from Escape from LA barging into the bunker and beating the crap out of him for being such a pissface. I don't know why; I haven't seen that movie in years, I don't remember much about it other than the fact that I didn't like it that much, and I have no intention of watching Escape from New York. And, yet, there he was, beating the crap out of President Logan.

Maybe this should have gone in the Kreative Efforts forum. Sorry if I goofed.

Edited by Ankai, Apr 20, 2005 @ 2:48 PM.

gallimaufry

gallimaufry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2005 @ 9:31 AM

Gregory Itzin is great! Really enjoying watch the president squirm. Looking forward to Palmer bossing him around. Although I wish I could see the first meeting between Logan and Keeler when the latter recovers.

It's a shame there isn't a strong, intelligent Secretary of Defence in 24-world who doesn't suffer fools and could advise the president from the perspective of the ground and from the perspective of DC. Oh wait...

Atticus

Atticus

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2005 @ 1:40 PM

You all realize, don't you, that Palmer's going to come in and make everything right, and the Veep is going to take all the credit and look like a hero, right?

BanjoSteve

BanjoSteve

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2005 @ 3:33 PM

How does anyone sign on to be VP in a world where presidents and presidential candidates are routinely targeted for assassination, and every few years or so, there's terrorist attack so massive that a plane hijacking, or the destruction of a federal building is merely icing on the cake, and yet be surprised and unprepared when he's actually called upon to do his only constitutional duty besides breaking ties in the Senate?

Gregory Itzin rules though. Where's his HITG profile, Wing Chun?

shortyemi

shortyemi

Posted Apr 27, 2005 @ 12:26 AM

I never thought I would say this but even George W. could do a better job. I'm going to give myself a time out and stand in the corner until next Monday.

whitechocolate

whitechocolate

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2005 @ 9:42 AM

It's scary to see someone in office who makes Bush Jr. look good, even if it is on a TV show.

shortyemi

shortyemi

Posted May 3, 2005 @ 12:47 AM

Please don't tell me he's running the show next week, we NEED Palmer badly.

sp1168

sp1168

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2005 @ 1:10 AM

Please, please! Jack....Palmer....Novick...somebody!! Please put this lame-ass President out of our misery!

VegasMax

VegasMax

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2006 @ 7:13 AM

Impeach Blogan!

dontgotooz

dontgotooz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 16, 2006 @ 2:44 PM

I have to start calling Logan the name he deserves - Mini-Nixon. Consider:

- Both Logan and Nixon have CA hidaways

- Both Logan and Nixon have whacked out wives (Pat Nixon was an alcoholic by the end of the Nixon administration)

- Both Logan and Nixon are ackward around people

- Both Logan and Nixon care only about how things will reflect on themselves

- Both Logan and Nixon are fixated on the Russians and

- Both Logan and Nixon are crooked as hell.

JuliaJellicoe

JuliaJellicoe

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2006 @ 8:52 PM

Gotta give Itzin props. He seems torn between caring for his wife and being exasperated by her, which is the most likable thing I've seen from the executive buttwipe.

Of course, if he's in on the whole Gaslight routine, he's a complete unredeemable buttwipe.

abs294

abs294

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2006 @ 10:06 PM

Ugh, I hate Logan more and more every week. I second the impeaching!

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2006 @ 10:34 PM

Can we skip impeaching and just beat him to death?

With a heavy, blunt object?

God. Who's his Vice President again? Is it that Mike guy who looks a lot (and scarily) like Cheney?

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2006 @ 11:12 AM

I actually like the guy this time around. During Season 4 I loathed him as an incompetent boob. But this time around, now that we see his wife in the picture, he actually seems more human.

He was put in a very difficult position during the past four hours, and he refused to give in. I liked that he had backbone, but I also think he relies too much on others to compensate for his inadequacy. Screaming at Mike to "FIX IT" isn't going to help the situation.

He's a lot more interesting this season; the addition of his home life adds many layers to the character.

What kind of accent is he supposed to have? There's definitely some bit of Southern twang that comes out. Every now and then it seems more pronounced.

DiePhoebeDie, I don't think Mike Novick is his Vice President, is he? Mike Novick was Palmer's Chief of Staff and I thought he had a similar position with Logan.

Edited by blackwing, Jan 17, 2006 @ 11:14 AM.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2006 @ 11:54 AM

He was put in a very difficult position during the past four hours, and he refused to give in. I liked that he had backbone, but I also think he relies too much on others to compensate for his inadequacy. Screaming at Mike to "FIX IT" isn't going to help the situation.

I thought he was going to cave. The only reason he didn't was Mike and Walt telling him that CTU would get the hostages out safely. Then the dick takes credit for authorizing the rescue operation.

Serious, serious hate.

dwhite10701

dwhite10701

Posted Jan 17, 2006 @ 2:18 PM

I have to say I looove Pres. Logan. He is such a weasel that I can't help laughing whenever he appears on screen. It's like having Barney Fife as president.

CheekyCricket

CheekyCricket

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2006 @ 10:02 PM

have to start calling Logan the name he deserves - Mini-Nixon. Consider:
- Both Logan and Nixon have CA hidaways
- Both Logan and Nixon have whacked out wives (Pat Nixon was an alcoholic by the end of the Nixon administration)
- Both Logan and Nixon are ackward around people
- Both Logan and Nixon care only about how things will reflect on themselves
- Both Logan and Nixon are fixated on the Russians and
- Both Logan and Nixon are crooked as hell.

AND, Logan even combs his hair like Nixon.

Wonder if Logan will acquire a dog named "Checkers"? Or maybe it will be "Chess," heh . . .

LotusN

LotusN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2006 @ 9:39 AM

Logan my ass. I hate the guy and how he treated Palmer in the last season finale. The guys absolutely incompetent and has no idea how to handle his job. Plus, hes a total ignorant. Basically if ya told him the sky was purple hed believe you.

In the beginning I just thought he was one of the bad guys now he just comes across like some sort of clown. Argghh.

henry8

henry8

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2006 @ 11:03 PM

The 24 writers like shocking moments so how about having imPOTUS do something important in a totally competent manner.

Partly

Partly

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2006 @ 11:43 PM

I think that's the point of Logan. He can't handle the important stuff because he's so focused on appearances; because he's weak. I love to hate this guy. I also love that fact that Logan has been consistantly weak in all of his appearances. If he does manage to do something important in a totally competent manner, I want it to be for all the wrong reasons because that would be consistent with his character.

blackwing

blackwing

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2006 @ 11:27 PM

I actually thought he was great tonight. He was forceful with Mike, calm and rational with Jack, and supportive and appreciative of his wife's help.

SBC

SBC

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 1:13 AM

I'm not so sure he is really supportive of FLOTUS; time will tell. He may just be shining her on.

Back Jawer

Back Jawer

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 2:59 AM

blackwing, I agree: Everything about Logan tonight showed strong character--authoritative forcefulness without bluster; no sniveling, no whining about himself and his legacy; seemingly true compassion for his poor mate.

You may be right, though, SBC. Logan may end up yielding to Mike's advice to cover up this Walt thing, now that Marty got her moment of First Ladylike collaboration out of her system.

Of course, Scummings's death may mean all bets are off, anyway. I don't know how he could have hanged himself in the hallway, not even in a holding cell or room, unless Agent Pierce gave him a little "help." Now even Marty may have to agree to hold everything until this White House mess is all sorted out and the nerve gas crisis is over.

Snowman

Snowman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 7, 2006 @ 8:29 AM

The look on his face, before the slap, when he thought he was out of the woods and back in FLOTUS' good books again was priceless. It was "Good, I've dodged that bullet" - wrong! :D

Erich M

Erich M

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 9:26 PM

I loved the look on Logan's face in tonight's episode when FLOTUS made it clear she wasn't going to back off telling Cummings' wife the truth. It was like "Why didn't she fold? *I* would have!"

tonnaree

tonnaree

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 13, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

Logan's main expression this whole episode seemed to say "please god, you don't really expect me to make a decision."