Voltron: Defender of the Universe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

136 replies to this topic

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2011 @ 6:40 PM

Daniel and Larmina are the two most annoying characters on television right now IMO. While Vince is a walking deus ex machina he doesn't annoy me to the same extent as those two.

Voltron Force doesn't compare to the new Thundercats but it could be more enjoyable if the writers could dial down the cadets.

Good heavens, yes. Is it too much to hope that Daniel and Larmina could be sleeper Manchurian Robeasts or something, so that the VF could have an excuse to stab them to death with the Blazing Sword at some point?

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2011 @ 6:00 PM

Pidge is Jem.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 11:42 AM

Pidge is Jem.

I nearly died when that was revealed! I thought, "Oh no! They're not going there are they??" They did.

I also was annoyed at the so called "security" at the event. No one has the futuristic equivalent of metal detectors or scanners to check for suspicious objects? We really needed to see Keith make a fool of himself with the concert goer?

And Rock and Roll is about all that exists in the musical world of the future? Really? No classical or jazz?

As usual, Larmina grated. I also noticed she was referred to as "Lady Larmina". I thought she had been "Princess Larmina" up until now? I supposed she was demoted.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 5:10 AM

Catching up...the speech Allura gave after Wade's defeat, clearly as the showrunners' proxy, grated like hell. "Voltron is always evolving, this isn't the Voltron I grew up with, but that doesn't make it bad." Bitches, please. What makes it bad is your continued insistence on inflicting motherfucking Daniel and Larmina on us and calling it a genius move. Just because you bought the rights to Voltron doesn't make your vision awesome by default. Awesomeness has to be earned, and those assy kids aren't doing it for you.

At least we finally got to see that Pidge does indeed have a Voltcom weapon and Forming Green Center. So it's only Vince whose Voltcom is gimped.

tjreess

tjreess

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 7:51 PM

I don't know. Vince can jack into any computer he comes across. And being able to call for an upgrade for Voltron as the plot dictates is quite the ability to have.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2011 @ 10:38 PM

But Pidge can supply nerdiness *and* is effective in combat without having to rely on the proximity of battle droids and whatnot. However useful Vince's cyberjacking plot device powers are, it's still kind of a shame he doesn't have an actual weapon like everyone else.

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2011 @ 12:08 AM

Just finished "Rogue Trip" since I have no Nicktoons and have to watch online.

Good lord, the showrunners of VF are basically trolling the old school fans now. The bad guy of the week was basically the nerd character from Robot Chicken driving a weaponized toy replica of the original model Voltron and who had the very vocal opinion that the cadets and everything else about VF sucked doggy balls. Not only did the Assy Trio predictably pummel him into thinking they were awesome, they also had the actual Voltron Force serving as mouthpieces for how invaluable the Mary Sue, the plot device, and fucking Larmina were. Well clearly, *fuck you too*, Voltron Force!

Also, the cadets' raggedy vehicles can now combine into an equally raggedy Voltron knockoff that looks like a Lego Technic T-rex with Voltron's face. They call it "Awesometron" because they're three douchebags.

tjreess

tjreess

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 18, 2011 @ 9:44 AM

If you...liked...last weeks episode, just wait until you catch this week's.

Three words: Ninja. Scientist. Zombies.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

Three words: Ninja. Scientist. Zombies

This ep was even more ridiculous than the one revealing Pidge as the brains behind a famous holographic rock band!!

For anyone interested, new episode airs tonight on Nicktoons at 8pm EST/5pm PST. The trailer did not look promising as it seems to rip off the tribbles of Star Trek.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 4:52 AM

Cute cameo/tribute to Voltron Girl at the con.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

For anyone who might still give a hoot....

The last few eps are enough to induce a migraine:

Daniel's soul gets sucked into Voltron. Hilarity does not ensue. Vince apparently was the only one who could go in and get him. The result was they can communicate telepathically with one another.

The following ep, Princess Allura is given an ultimatum: rule as Queen or pilot the Blue Lion. She chooses to be Queen. We are stuck watching her as she turns the key over to her neice, Larmina.

Next ep finds us in a galactic graveyard of ships. One of them has a holographic message from Keith's great grandfather (some BS about Voltron's ancient planetary origins). We learn Keith's family is in fact from Arus, not Earth! He was completley unaware of this as his grandfather and father moved to Earth some time back.

Latest ep has another "passing of the torch" as Pidge decides to give up his key to Voltron to Vince. Apparently during a clone war with Lotor, Vince had trouble keeping up with Pidge's constant weapons upgrades and Pidge decides he'd be better off in charge of security/computers, and let Vince pilot Green Lion. Then the question is posed... who will be the next pilot to go? DUN!!! DUN!!! DUN!!!!!!

This is merely speculative, but I'm guessing it will be Keith. His excuse will be to marry and rule alongside Allura. Daniel has been chomping the bit to get the Black Lion from the beginning anyway.

I really hate this show!! I've been quite tolerant until now!!

Shippaisha

Shippaisha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

I've actually been bad with keeping up with this show since the holidays, and now I'm kind of glad. Handing a lion over to one of those worthless kids permanently is the last straw, and they even did it twice. Forget you, Voltron Force.

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

This is merely speculative, but I'm guessing it will be Keith. His excuse will be to marry and rule alongside Allura. Daniel has been chomping the bit to get the Black Lion from the beginning anyway.

That fits with the flashback that showed his great-grandfather was from Arus - would keep ghostKing or Coran from objecting to a union with an offworlder.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Is the new one still airing? There's nothing for it on my Comcast OnDemand. I've never seen it, but would like to at least give it a shot.

It can't possibly disappoint me as much as the new Thundercats.

I have been watching the original on Hulu (sadly, Web only) and the Original Japanese version GoLion on Crunchyroll.

magicdog

magicdog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

The good news:

The season finale just aired and it seems Daniel lost the right to pilot the Black Lion. It seems he charged into a fight with a robeast and nearly cost the team their lives.

Yay!

The bad news:

To see the above happen we had to endure Mahoxx using the last available Haggarium to create a robeast out of Lotor's castle!

No, I'm not kidding.

King Alfor's ghost will no longer bother Allura, but leaves one "final gift". Castle Arus can now fly through space and fire lasers.

No, I'm not kidding.

The official website news reports a second season of the show is forthcoming.

No, I'm not kidding.

Daniel is apparently infected with Haggarium (happened a few eps back), and while piloting the black lion one last time, he turns on his teammates and goes to confront them in combat. Cliffhanger ending.

Fans in the official site's forums are actively hoping the past season was a dream and Allura will find Keith in the shower and no trace of the cadets.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

• Interests:I'm an easy going person and likes to hang out. I like to observe and learn things, and my passions are movies, TV and travelling. I could say that I believe in the soul, high fiber, good Martini, that the books of Chicken Soup of the Soul are self-indulgent crap. I believe in sweet spot, soft-core romantic drama, good food, and I believe in long-slow-deep-soft-wet kisses that last more than three days. I have a computer, a TV, a DVD player, a bathroom & pizza delivery. Why should I leave the house? Of course, unless you have a damn good reason to drag me out; like hell with fluorescent lighting. In other word: Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and have the time of your life.

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

King Alfor's ghost will no longer bother Allura, but leaves one "final gift". Castle Arus can now fly through space and fire lasers.

WHAT.

Shippaisha

Shippaisha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

To be fair, the Castle of Lions could always fire lasers. I'm just kind of surprised they didn't turn it into a giant transforming robot as well.

I still think the show would be better if those kids were sleeper Robeasts that could be destroyed.