The TV Land Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

123 replies to this topic

Jagged Angel

Jagged Angel

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 1:32 AM

Penny Marshall didn't look too happy to be there. And I was surprised that no one in the "Murphy Brown" cast mentioned Robert Pastorelli who played Eldin. A shout out to him would have been nice.

Man, the guy that played the kid Alex on "One Day At A Time" sure hasn't aged well. He looked older to me than some of the adults up there.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I was bummed at the lack of Eldin in the clips, which may have led to him being forgotten in the thank yous.

I have to admit the Pee Wee Herman part made me feel like a kid again. I may have been shouting along.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Paul Reubens was funny and incredibly gracious. Highlight of the night -- and I've never even (gasp!) seen PeeWee's Playhouse. But I loved PR's guest appearances as Amy's brother Russell in one episode of Everybody Loves Raymond and his turn as Prince Gerhard in the first season of 30 Rock.

Wicked Wonder

Wicked Wonder

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2012 @ 10:42 PM

Years late, I finally watched this. My thoughts:
Why are both of the musical acts just sad? B-52s and "Love Shack" were not getting along, although the rest of their songs sounded great. I got all hyped up for Aretha's performance, especially seeing her slimmer than most years. I turned up the volume on the computer and by the second verse, turned it back down.
I was happy about the Murphy Brown reunion, my god, 25 years ago they shot the pilot? I had a total "I'm old" moment, because we watched that religiously. I also was glad to see that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams did not rip each others' hair out. The "In Living Color" reunion did my cold heart good, too. Jim Carrey's Fire Marshall Bill could consistently make my mom laugh, and too see him acknowledge his roots raised his cred in my book. I'm a little too young to have emotions over "One Day At A Time" (aside from the Indianapolis thing) but it was so good to see Mackenzie Phillips doing so well. My absolute favorite? Pee Wee! How could I not?