Questions from New or Forgetful Viewers: Can You Explain It to Me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

872 replies to this topic

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:20 AM

Can't remember in which episode a certain scene happened? Maybe you just started watching the new episodes, and don't understand what the lurchy redhead is doing pretending to be a lawyer? Or you've tuned in to the USA reruns and want to know if there was every any followup to one of the plot points? (Ha! Dick Wolf spits in the face of your followup!)

Or you're just curious: Where does Elliot live? What's Alex's middle name? Has Cragen ever punished one of his subordinates? Have Our Heroes ever played nicely with other officers?

Ask away.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:35 AM

Okay, I have two:

1) What was that scene where Olivia is sitting an a restaurante table in a bar with a black dress and Elliot arrives, using glasses, and orders the waiter a bear and "the lady whatever she's having". The waiter asks if she wants a vodka, she accepts. Then sees Elliot, thanks him and says hi. He drops his shoulder in the most cute matter, asks how she's doing. She says not bad and asks about him. He says "better now". GOD, so sexy!!!

2) When the line "I can screw you harder" or something like that was said by Olivia? It's in the quotes thread.

warmicewater

warmicewater

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:42 AM

I think the scene where Stabler orders Benson a drink is in Risk. They are both undercover to catch a drug smuggler or dealer.

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:45 AM

I think the scene where Stabler orders Benson a drink is in Risk.

Ah, yes. Greg and Donna (Undercover Bar Slut): hottest fake undercover couple evah. I love Elliot's little glasses. Risk was a great episode overall.

2) When the line "I can screw you harder" or something like that was said by Olivia? It's in the quotes thread.

I don't remember which episode it was, but Olivia says it in response to a perp yelling: "Screw you!" in interrogation.

Edited by Learned Hand, Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:46 AM.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:54 AM

Thank you for your answers, warmicewater and Learned Hand.

Ah, yes. Greg and Donna (Undercover Bar Slut): hottest fake undercover couple evah. I love Elliot's little glasses. Risk was a great episode overall.

I personally hate when man trow this stupid line, it sounds so phony and mostly friendly and harmless flirty but Elliot just says it in such a honest way that really sounds like he's really flirting saying it.

Plus, Elliot in glasses is sexy. I swear, if I was Olivia I would do him in that exactly moment.

Okay, now I have another question. Was in the Contagious episode that Elliot was so furious and Olivia was always trying to get him to talk about what was upsetting him, wasn't in this episode that he said he and Kathy were separeted? Also, If I remember correctly, he did blow Olivia off in this episode, didn't he? Saying something like "you can't understand how I fell".

Edited by tereza, Mar 14, 2005 @ 11:09 AM.

rosenatti

rosenatti

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 12:37 PM

Here's one, spinning off the Greatest Quotes thread: Who actually said, "Is this how you like it, you little freak?"

warmicewater

warmicewater

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 12:45 PM

I think Benson can be credited with the "Is this how you like it, you little freak?" line.

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 12:46 PM

Who actually said, "Is this how you like it, you little freak?"

Anomalys answered that already -- see her post for a transcription of the lines leading up to Liv's "Soulless" outburst.

Was in the Contagious episode ... that he said he and Kathy were separeted?

Elliot's separation is revealed (clumsily) in "Doubt."

Edited by Learned Hand, Mar 14, 2005 @ 12:46 PM.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 1:39 PM

I don't remember which episode it was, but Olivia says it in response to a perp yelling: "Screw you!" in interrogation.

What LH said. And it's from Prodigy. In an exchange with (yet another) early red-herring, I believe.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 3:10 PM

Who actually said, "Is this how you like it, you little freak?"

Even though I've seen Olivia say this, whenever I read it in the title of the quotes thread, I always hear Fin saying it in my head!

peliroja

peliroja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 4:33 PM

Here goes - Why is Cragen called Cap'n FooFoo? I am assuming it has to do with Little Bunny FooFoo, but I am just not seeing the connection.

Aniwaya

Aniwaya

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 4:40 PM

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's because in the Little Bunny Foo Foo Song, the fairy is always giving out one more chance to Bunny Foo Foo...much like Capn Cragen always gives our intrepid detectives one more chance not to screw up.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 4:52 PM

This isn't the trivia-type of question people have been asking about so far, but people mentioning upthread a scene between Olivia and Elliot made me wonder when some people would point to the definite beginning of the HoYay! on this show since it seems that earlier on they were leaning more towards the HetYay! Or do people just acknowledge that as much HoYay! as there is, Olivia will always have a soft spot for Elliot? I've always wondered if the HoYay! that people always seem to talk about in relation to this show has been around forever or if it took awhile and I haven't watched enough of this show to form an opinion myself.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 5:00 PM

Why is Cragen called Cap'n FooFoo?

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure it's because in the Little Bunny Foo Foo Song, the fairy is always giving out one more chance to Bunny Foo Foo...much like Capn Cragen always gives our intrepid detectives one more chance not to screw up.

From the annals of Baby Lurches' frequently used expressions...

Little Bunny Foo Foo: tm Learned Hand, A nickname for Captain Cragen, which comes from his propensity to give the detectives "3 more chances" whenever they screw up.

If you haven't been to Baby Lurches... you're missing out. It's the hilariously essential guide to shallow viewing.

zooropa

zooropa

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 7:55 PM

What episode ended with a scene of Olivia in her apartment alone and refusing to answer Elliot's phone calls or answer the door when he went there? I think it might have been 'Control' but I can't remember for sure and it's been bugging me.

kel

kel

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 7:57 PM

What episode ended with a scene of Olivia in her apartment alone and refusing to answer Elliot's phone calls or answer the door when he went there? I think it might have been 'Control' but I can't remember for sure and it's been bugging me.

I'm fairly certain this is the end of Wrath.

Eliot

Eliot

Stalker

• Interests:What, you mean there's a world outside of TV?

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 8:11 PM

Oh! I know! I know!

Wrath.

Imagine...Elliot at your door....ringing insistently....and not letting him in?

That's messed up. [/Fin]

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 8:14 PM

There's a scene, I don't know which episode it's from. Elliot and Olivia are in a room with a perp (I think). He tries to get away, he struggles, so Olivia and Elliot holds him and Olivia trows him inside another room, closes the door and tries to keep it closed till Elliot locks it, I think. Then, another scene, from the same episode, where they are outside a bulding with an ambulance, I guess, talking the perp. Both are breathing hard, like they had to struggle a lot with the perp, and Elliot has an amazing sweat track going down his shirt.

Does anyone recall it?

zooropa

zooropa

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 8:26 PM

The part about Elliot and Olivia locking a suspect in another room sounds like 'Scavenger' where they put Becker in a dark closet to get him to give them the whereabouts of a kidnap victim. Not sure about the rest of your description though.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 8:41 PM

Thank you, zooropa

pretty in pinki

pretty in pinki

Couch Potato

• Interests:America's Next Top Model<br />So You Think You Can Dance<br />House<br />Supernatural<br />Passions (when it was on NBC)<br />SURVIVOR<br />Reality TV, in general<br />Candid Reality TV<br />annnnndd... other things besides TV.<br />Sometimes.

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 9:34 PM

I'm pretty much an on-and-off viewer, so I need someone to tell me how many kids Elliot has. I assume that he has one in high school, twins, but maybe another daughter in college? How old are the twins?

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 9:59 PM

I believe he has four kids. Two girls and the twins. Don't know his ages, but not a long episode ago there's a kid of his, a boy, who looked like a 6-year old.

Sing1118

Sing1118

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:07 PM

Well let's see. Maureen has now been at Hudson University for 3 years, Kathleen should be a freshman in college, and Lizzie and Dickie (that kid so needs a new nickname) are about 12. Is that right?

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:12 PM

Kathleen is still in high school, probably about 16 (see Hooked). The twins are definitely around 12 though.

Edited by anomalys, Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:21 PM.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 10:13 PM

You should probabily have it more accurate then me, Sing1118. I am terrible about telling kid's ages and sizes. I have no fucking clue.

medicminx

medicminx

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2005 @ 12:37 AM

Ahhh, Risk! Not only does Olivia get to be the Undercover Bar Slut, she gets to impersonate a straight housewife... running the gamut from A to B!
ETA: 'Baby Lurches' is pretty much required reading; more information, hilarity and snark than you can shake a rag doll at!

Edited by medicminx, Mar 15, 2005 @ 12:39 AM.

pretty in pinki

pretty in pinki

Couch Potato

• Interests:America's Next Top Model<br />So You Think You Can Dance<br />House<br />Supernatural<br />Passions (when it was on NBC)<br />SURVIVOR<br />Reality TV, in general<br />Candid Reality TV<br />annnnndd... other things besides TV.<br />Sometimes.

Posted Mar 15, 2005 @ 12:46 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm like tereza, I have no talent when it comes to guessing ages. I saw Elliot's son and guessed he was about eight, but twelve seems a bit more reasonable.

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2005 @ 9:38 AM

Kathleen is still in high school, probably about 16 (see Hooked). The twins are definitely around 12 though.

Kathleen was 11 around the time of the famous Soccer Game of Virginal Heart to Hearts. Was that Sophomore Jinx? Or Hysteria? Anyway, when Elliot tells Olivia that one of Kathleen's friends is pregnant, I'm 90% certain Olivia replies: "Kathleen is eleven!" So she should be 16-17 now. I'm also fairly certain the twins were in kindergarten in the pilot, when Elliot and CK meet with their teacher. If they were 5-6, they'd be 11-12 now. And Maureen should be 20-21 now, since she was 15 in the first season. Aw, Mo.

Not sure about the rest of your description though.

You're right, zooropa -- all the descriptions are from Scavenger. O-livia smashes the lightbulb and splays herself shallowly across the heaving closet door, and a very sweaty Elliot wraps his arms around a very lucky EMT and helps him break open the chamber to rescue the victim. Lucky, lucky guy.

JustCybele

JustCybele

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2005 @ 10:18 AM

Okay, so, this may not be the subforum on which to post this question, but I have been going nuts. Does anyone have, easily to hand, a link to the "we're laughing at you, not with you" picture of Diane Neal in the Floral Headdress of Doom? I just went through three hundred pages of the old thread before I gave up. Either it's way earlier than I thought it was or I somehow missed it. Anyway, if anyone either has that downloaded to their computer and can photobucket it, or knows what the link is, I would be forever grateful.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 15, 2005 @ 10:40 AM

There's a site that has information about Elliot/Olivia moments. Can someone clarify tom me if they are accurate?

For instant,

In "Russian Love Poem", Olivia looked jealous when Katya Ivanova was flirting with Elliot.

True? Like girlfriend kind of jealous or just partner/sibling protective kind of jealous?

In "Lowdown", Elliot offers to go to an anonomous HIV testing center with Olivia.

Why would Olivia go to an anonomous HIV center? She got tested? Why?

In Privelege, Olivia and Elliot get really close to each other during the re-enactment of the crime.

How close? What kind of close is he talking about?

In "Disrobed", Elliot and Olivia share a look after Elliot says that the area where the victim was murdered was a hot spot for people such as coworkers to have sex.

Really? There was an subtext message in that comment?

In "Wanderlust", Elliot looks slightly uncomftorable when Vriginia says "It's every man's fantasy to have a young girl want him.".

How does that get off by being an Olivia/Elliot moment?

Throughout "Redemption", Olivia gives Elliot comforting looks.

Was there anything especial about those comforting looks? Wasn't just another partnership kind of moment?

Thank you for all your help

If anyone wants to check out the site, it's here

But, at least with me, only works in IE.

Thank you for all your help.

Edited by tereza, Mar 15, 2005 @ 10:41 AM.