Bobby & Alex Sitting in a Tree…

• Please log in to reply

39 replies to this topic

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 1:00 AM

For discussion of the UST between Goren and Eames.

Edited by bogirl, Mar 8, 2005 @ 1:10 AM.

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2005 @ 5:56 PM

Well, OK...obviously, there are NO Bobby/Alex shippers other than me hanging out on the TWP boards. Heh. Or (more likely), they're just too intimidated to post.

So, here goes:

Generally, I prefer that my TV dramas not disintegrate into soap opera. The few times I have allowed myself to sail on one 'ship or another, and the writers have likewise put my peeps together in a romantic/sexual sense, the shows have raced swiftly downhill. Proving the point that UST is compelling, while the consumation of such is fleetingly rewarding but ultimately dull.

However, I can't seem to elude the sizzling onscreen chemistry between Goren and Eames. I can't fight it. I can't help picturing Bobby's arm going around Alex's shoulders when they're walking in tandem...or Alex reaching up to brush her fingers through Bobby's hair while they're intensely discussing a case. For now, I'm happy to simply imagine what might go on in the lives of Goren and Eames when we don't see them onscreen. (And reading boatloads of fan fiction.) But, dammit, on this show, I wanna see a little nookie, and I won't apologize for it! ;)

I realize that Wolf, Balcer, and Co. won't ever go that route...but what I wouldn't give to have the very last scene of the very last episode of the very last season dissolve into a passionate embrace between Bobby and Alex.

Edited by bogirl, Mar 18, 2005 @ 5:57 PM.

Divaah46

Divaah46

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2005 @ 12:03 AM

bogirl, that's fine that you want to see Goren and Eames hook up. I don't really see them together like that. Friends sharing a few drinks together after a break-up of relationships, maybe. But not dating each other.

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2005 @ 1:41 AM

Haha, don't worry bogirl. You're not alone.

Personally, I think that Goren and Eames work equally well as friends as a couple.

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2005 @ 3:11 PM

Thank you. Goren/Eames do seem to have pretty much the perfect partnership. The unspoken communication, the complementary skills, the understanding, the "knowingness." They're like soulmates. Which is why, I suppose, I want to see it taken to the next level.

So, although I should be doing something constructive today (like working on my taxes), I'm now off to view the TWWW "kiss" referenced in the "hottness" thread....imagining that it's actually Bobby locking lips with Alex.

Gawd, I'm pathetic. :)

canadagirl78

canadagirl78

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2005 @ 4:36 PM

I would cry if I ever saw them together. And like O!livia, it would be unpretty. All I ever want to see of either of Gorens or Eames' sex lives is hints and inuendos. Like have Goren answer the phone in the middle of the night, and there's a woman in his bed, and only her back is visible. That's it. Not a thing more.

Now, as for The Kiss, that's all good, all the time...

Edited by canadagirl78, Mar 19, 2005 @ 4:37 PM.

emzily

emzily

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2005 @ 2:06 PM

And like O!livia, it would be unpretty.

I would not only be crying unprettily at a Goren and Eames hook-up, I would Take!It!Personally! How dare they ruin my show. How dare they!

I could never ever imagine Alex and Bobby together. It would just screw everything up for me. And TPTB have already screwed it up enough by bringing Chris Noth back. ugh.

Bobby and Alex are, I think, closer than lovers. They know each other perfectly and are great friends and co-workers. And that's the way I like it.

Leevee

Leevee

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2005 @ 7:11 PM

I sort of agree, emzily. I don't think I want them together on the show - or, really, with anyone on the show.

But that's what fanfiction is for, isn't it?

TrinityWildcat

TrinityWildcat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2005 @ 3:20 AM

What I wouldn't give to have the very last scene of the very last episode of the very last season dissolve into a passionate embrace between Bobby and Alex.

Yeah, that's more or less how I see it, although I wouldn't be too bothered if it never happened. It's so rare for a show to show two people who actually LIKE working with each other, I'd hate to see that get screwed up. Usually once people hook up on a show, you're sitting there counting the minutes until it all goes horribly wrong, and I would just hate to see that. I'd rather see lots of nice affectionate snark between the two of them any day.

mariandrea

mariandrea

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 7, 2005 @ 2:14 AM

I don't think I'd like it if they got together, either. The show just works wonderfully with them being just partners, and I'd hate to see this show go down (like e.g. The X-Files, when M&S got together, it just ruined everything) because the main characters decide to take their work relationship a little further. I wouldn't mind seeing just a 'bit' more of their lives and relationship AS PARTNERS ONLY outside of work, though....

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2005 @ 5:23 PM

But the moment of the show:

Goren: Fidget Fidget pace pace

Eames: Books!

Goren to the books.

I love Alex. And I know she loves Bobby.

Edited by bogirl, Nov 20, 2011 @ 9:28 PM.

Peyton

Peyton

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 12, 2005 @ 10:55 PM

Eames and Goren?....No friggin way...I hate shippiness. She's snarky and bitchy and has really bad hair. She's a little too short for him too.

Poetry

Poetry

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 5:37 PM

This partnership is a huge improvement over Stabler/Benson, who basically fight or don't speak/ignore each other.

Peyton

Peyton

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 6:11 PM

I can go with the partnership, but please....don't ever, ever make them lovers...please if that ever happens, well I'll just open a vein PERIOD!

The shippiness is one reason I've moved away form fanfic. BLECH.

hesperides

hesperides

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 6:56 PM

Eames and Goren?....No friggin way...I hate shippiness. She's snarky and bitchy and has really bad hair. She's a little too short for him too.

A little snark is good...someone needs to put Goren in his place once & a while.
He needs to hook up with a tall, exotic, long-haired brunette. ;-) haha

Seriously though...I don't see any "chemistry" between them. They get along and seem to respect each other, but that's as far as it should go.

andiandi

andiandi

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 7:11 PM

but what I wouldn't give to have the very last scene of the very last episode of the very last season dissolve into a passionate embrace between Bobby and Alex.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I could see that. Passionate embrace cut to Alex sitting up abruptedly. She's fallen asleep and has been dreaming. Eyes the bodice ripper she's been reading with distaste, rises to her feet, walks briskly to her kitchen and tosses the book in the garbage.

ChelseaNH

ChelseaNH

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 10:32 PM

Goren & Eames? No. Logan & Eames. You betcha. Goren & Barek? Don't know, but it would be an interesting courtship.

sinclair

sinclair

Posted Oct 14, 2005 @ 11:21 PM

oh that would be a great first date*, twitching, mumbling and talking to ones self and thats before you ad in any other nervous tics that bubble to the surface in situtations like that.

You know I would actually enjoy a Logan and Eames relationship but only of we just got a little comment now and then, of you know, Logan knows a certain area or location because thats where he walks Eames dog. Because any more than that is too much-as SVU with the T!I!P! has proven.

*for us to watch.

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 5:02 PM

"In the Wee Small Hours"

Did you see the anguish on Alex's face in that courtroom? Did you see the look in Bobby's eyes?

They are SO having make-up sex right now. *g*

Cellist

Cellist

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:37 PM

eeewww. you didn't just suggest that!

Vivianne

Vivianne

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 6:57 PM

I see BFF there, not lovers.

JillieRose

JillieRose

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 3, 2006 @ 8:36 AM

Dude. 'In the wee, small hours' - was this the ep that launched a thousand fics, and burned the topless towers...err. Never mind.

See, I would hate hate HATE it to see them get together on the show. The reason it's so good to watch is that if there is any sexual tension it's all unresolved. UST is good. Trying to write a relationship between those two...it wouldn't gel. They're both too professional to get involved like that.

EarthMomma

EarthMomma

Posted Jul 3, 2006 @ 9:20 AM

Did anyone catch the rerun of The Postposthumous Collection? Oh my. Goren in street clothes.... smiling and flirting (openly?) with with Eames. I'm not much of a shipper, just a woman with a Goren/VDO fixation, but when Goren remarks about Eames' eyes... swoon! I could almost go the Goren+Eames route. He was definitely flirting with her.

bogirl

bogirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 10, 2007 @ 11:36 PM

In light of Frank's "take Eames to motel..." line, would anyone care to change their opinion as to whether Bobby & Alex have any repressed romantic/sexual feelings for each other? I believe that Frank sees it (Bobby's yearning for Alex)...and that's why he used that line to piss Bobby off rather than throwing out some other type of inflammatory remark. I think the writers have something in mind and are leading up to it.

And FTR, while I am a G/E shipper, I don't want to see a romantic relationship conspicuously played out on screen. I would, however, enjoy a suble acknowledgement between Bobby & Alex of their feelings for each other...a gradual shift in the way they communicate with each other...maybe building up to a full-on kiss in the final episode of the series.

Keenangel

Keenangel

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2007 @ 1:39 PM

With respect, i really hope that they don't go down that route.

I got the impression that Frank objectifies women as his father no doubt did. That's how he sees women and the comment he made to Bobby while i felt was a bit left field, i think was made to make Bobby react and it worked. Bobby was insulted, he was angry and insulted by his brother's inference (or is it implication?)

I really don't see them as a couple. She gets him, he trusts her but for me, they work better as a partnership, a work partnership.

I personally don't ship and i can't visualise them as a couple.

Capt. Mnemo

Capt. Mnemo

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2007 @ 4:18 PM

I don't ship them either. Frank's comment doesn't really change that for me. I thought he said that just because Eames is the only woman he knows that Bobby knows/spends any time with. I think Goren likes and respects Eames. He relies on her too, but I think it's platonic on both their parts.

kation

kation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2011 @ 6:33 PM

I've been discouraged to read so much distate towards an (eventual) Bobby/Alex hook-up or even suggesting that those feelings might be there. So much "ew, they're best friends, not lovers, etc."

And I must admit I'm surprised, because I don't see these two in this way at all. And I find I never understand when people say things like "oh, they're just soul-mates and best friends," but then ew @ romance. Like, really? Is that not what we all are looking for in a mate? Soul-mates, best friends and the occasional romp?

I understand that a lot of the time a man and a woman are just friends. I have a few male friends I could never imagine being in a relationship with (though I wouldn't object to banging them on occasion, so sue me).

In terms of Bobby and Alex, yes, they are probably very good friends, work well together, probably get along well outside of work, are practiced at handling stressful situations and stress in their personal/professional relationship. And, personally, when I look at their interactions, I see a definite attraction there. It is, of course, repressed, probably even by their own selves, but I see it in the way they react from time to time.

So, what's the problem? I find it hard to believe Goren, at his age and, let's face it, level of tenuous sanity, is going to find a woman to settle down with that's prepared to put up with all his shit. He's socially inept, doesn't date often, emotionally scarred and difficult to deal with on occasion.

And Alex? We can see she's emotionally invested in Bobby, and really I don't see her being able to uninvest herself in order to engage in a relationship with another man.

Really, when it comes to the two of them ending up together, I don't see it ending any other way. What, they're just going to go their separate ways and never speak to each other again once they no longer work together? I don't think so.

Anyways, I've just finished a LOCI binge and I love this show so much I had to comment. It's always nice to find shippers because I feel they really get this show. It's the X-files (can you tell I'm a fan) without all the parascience.

Well Manicured

Well Manicured

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 20, 2011 @ 7:37 PM

And I must admit I'm surprised, because I don't see these two in this way at all. And I find I never understand when people say things like "oh, they're just soul-mates and best friends," but then ew @ romance. Like, really? Is that not what we all are looking for in a mate? Soul-mates, best friends and the occasional romp?

Haha, exactly. I've noticed that it's usually frowned upon because people think it's juvenile (the "an adult man and woman can be just friends" explanation as you've pointed out), and/or they're one of those women who think of Goren/D'onof as their tv boyfriend...so of course they're going to get heated when the subject comes up. Then there's the people who are anti-soap, watch-for-the-cases Law and Order purists - and I feel sorry for those people because Criminal Intent got stale towards the end.

Anyway, I completely agree with you. I was neutral very early on, but I also see Goren and Eames eventually coming together in the end, as I think Bobby will make some headway in his therapy. I've always thought that he would've had to have been gay if he hadn't thought about Eames in "that way" at some point. She's attractive and seems to love him almost unconditionally. They're adults...but they're also human. I think the end with the long looks between them signaled that they were definitely into each other, but not ready to go there just yet.

Anyways, I've just finished a LOCI binge and I love this show so much I had to comment. It's always nice to find shippers because I feel they really get this show. It's the X-files (can you tell I'm a fan) without all the parascience.

I'm an TXF fan from way back, and I know exactly what you mean. They're almost uncanny in their dynamic, right down to the height difference and the inexplicable mutual, years-long singleness.

Winston Wolfe

Winston Wolfe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

Anyway, I completely agree with you. I was neutral very early on, but I also see Goren and Eames eventually coming together in the end, as I think Bobby will make some headway in his therapy. I've always thought that he would've had to have been gay if he hadn't thought about Eames in "that way" at some point. She's attractive and seems to love him almost unconditionally. They're adults...but they're also human. I think the end with the long looks between them signaled that they were definitely into each other, but not ready to go there just yet.

As a long-time Goren and Eames Shipper, I just have to weigh in here. There's no way that anything but Goren and Eames getting together could be the end-game if the show had continued.

I'm somewhat Goren-esque in age, temperament and lack of social skills, although nowhere near as brilliant as he is (although my degree is in Psychology). As another poster stated, there's no way that the average woman of the same (or younger) age is going to take Goren and his issues on for the long haul. Eames and Goren are in each other's head in a way that transcends physical intimacy. The only other person that even came close to "getting" Goren the same way Eames does was Deakins. Goren understands this, and realizes that he's probably not going to find that kind of un-conditional acceptance anywhere else at his age. The show has made a point of demonstrating that the only other women he could consider equals (Nicole Wallace and Leslie LeZard from the "Smile" episode) who were into him were murderous psychopaths. Alex is Bobby's last, best chance at having a normal male-female relationship. And he knows this, either consciously or sub-consciously.

Alex, for her part, has been around for the long haul. She respects Goren as a peer, values his friendship and has forged a strong emotional bond with him. She knows who Goren is, how he got that way, and what he struggles with. She knows the respect and admiration/adoration is mutual, diminishing her interest in forming a romantic relationship with anyone else.

But they aren't ready to go there yet. One of them would have to retire from the force or transfer to another division before they pursued a romantic relationship together.

Edited by Winston Wolfe, Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:15 PM.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Winston Wolfe , I think your post is totally on point. Especially this, even though it gives me sadface:

But they aren't ready to go there yet. One of them would have to retire from the force or transfer to another division before they pursued a romantic relationship together.

Despite absolutely adoring the pair, I was never a shipper. Now, having had some time to marinate helped along by those longing finale looks, I'm totally on board.

It's been said much better by the above post and many before it, but it breaks down to no one else ever being able to hold the place each has in the life of the other.