SPOILER Discussion: Shining a Light in Dark Places

• Please log in to reply

3036 replies to this topic

Tarheel

Tarheel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2005 @ 9:55 PM

Casey Novak will be hit in the head by a softball and spend the rest of the season in an assisted living facility. When Casey discovers that the employees at her assisted living are eeeevil corrupt low-paid uncaring drones, Alex returns...again! in a shocking SVU twist you'll have to see to believe!

OK, so that's totally a faux spoiler that I just made up to get it started, but hope springs eternal! Any real spoilers in the house?

Sing1118

Sing1118

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 3:52 PM

Oh, Tarheel, I think I love you. You should flesh out that storyline.

So I know all we've been focusing on for tonight is Martin Short as Psychic, but isn't tonight also the girl who's auctioning off her virginity?

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 3:55 PM

I don't think we need spoiler bars in the spoiler thread. Yay!

I'm curious about the spoiler MH herself leaked, saying that a soon-to-be-aired script "finally" let her understand her character. Scary. More details on that would be great.

clear

clear

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 4:05 PM

I have nothing to add. But I love the thread title.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 7:51 PM

I'm curious about the spoiler MH herself leaked, saying that a soon-to-be-aired script "finally" let her understand her character.

That should be good. Olivia is a very misterious character and Mariska plays her very well indeed, since for six years everyone is carring on this ambiguity about Olivia. I do hope this spoiler is true and that the episode helps clarify somethings about Olivia.

Also, does anyone know a good site for spoilers of SVU?

I could never find spoilers of the show in Fan Forum and Fan Bolt.
Don't know where else to search. Can anyone help me?

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 9:00 PM

Also, does anyone know a good site for spoilers of SVU

Spoilerfix.com usually has spoilers on their "other shows" brief, which is updated every two weeks.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 9:21 PM

I'm curious about the spoiler MH herself leaked, saying that a soon-to-be-aired script "finally" let her understand her character.

Finally... the nude side of Benson.

So I know all we've been focusing on for tonight is Martin Short as Psychic, but isn't tonight also the girl who's auctioning off her virginity?

According to Spoilerfix.com... they're one in the same. I'd almost forgotten about that bit of weirdness. To pay for tuition or something? (Extracurricular eBaying leads to whoring, abduction, death.)

From CNN:

Martin Short goes for creepy (it's about time he realized his full potential) as a psychic who may have snatched a missing teen.

I'm strangely hopeful about Martin Short's guest-star turn. But, I don't know why.

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2005 @ 9:29 PM

So ... Angela Lansbury as a future guest star? Hilarious. I hope she plays Jessica Fletcher. Fin: "A murder happens wherever you go? That's messed up!" Casey: ... oh, it's just too easy.

Kansippian

Kansippian

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 5:23 AM

I'm curious about the spoiler MH herself leaked, saying that a soon-to-be-aired script "finally" let her understand her character. Scary. More details on that would be great.

Is this because she's a lesbian?

Okay, is that getting old yet?

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 12:56 PM

Here's the original quote Mariska gave to EW:

But here, in the Zenlike setting, the tough chick's eyes begin to fill with tears. The reason? The latest SVU script. ''It was amazing,'' says the 41-year-old actress. ''After six years I've finally figured out my character. Everything makes sense now.''

Okay, let's see. The magazine which contains the article is dated of march 04, 2005.
EW is a weekly magazine, so they probably did the interview between the last issue, february 25 and the night before it was released. So, she couldn't be talking about Ghost, since the episode had aired (february 22). Since the actors are mostly only two scripts ahead of the views, I'd say the episode is about to air.

But that doesn't mean, also, that the reporter wasn't working in that story for a month before the dead line. Some stories require more time, or could be an old story they heat up.

I don't really know how EW works, if they do work stories months ahead or they have a "one-week" deadline in all stories.

That's just my speculation and I would really apreciate some help. Does anyone have any clue what she's talking about?

If anyone is interested, the article can be read here

Edited by tereza, Mar 9, 2005 @ 12:58 PM.

Tarheel

Tarheel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 1:26 PM

I don't really know how EW works, if they do work stories months ahead or they have a "one-week" deadline in all stories.

I worked PT on a monthly magazine back when I was an undergrad, and those are in the works months in advance of publication. I'm not sure about weeklies. I'd guess that you are right, some of the major features can be in the works for awhile, whereas timely news blurbs and TV gossip type stuff are on a short deadline. If it was in the EW with the cover story on L&O, I think they were writing that around the time when they were filming Hooked since there was that production anecdote about the Stabler shirtlessness (mmmmmmm. That epi is repeating this week by the way!)

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 3:11 PM

I think they were writing that around the time when they were filming Hooked since there was that production anecdote about the Stabler shirtlessness

So that would mean she was talking about Ghost?

I was certally hoping about an episode that would open room for Elliot/Olivia.

Tarheel

Tarheel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 4:03 PM

Not necessarily. At the risk of sounding like a second rate mathematician, I think there are too many unknown variables here for us to figure this out. I'd say that the episode is yet to come if it's a Big!Benson!Revelation! that brought MH to tears. Things have been pretty Stabler-centric for the past few weeks, so perhaps an all about Benson pendulum swing is in the works for May sweeps. While we all may hope for bursting out of the closet as the key "figuring out her character" moment, my guess is that they'll be hauling out the child o' rape thing again or something like that.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 9, 2005 @ 8:15 PM

May sweeps, Tarhell? Do TPTB give away scripts to the actors this long in advance? Well, I do hope you're right.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2005 @ 3:08 AM

my guess is that they'll be hauling out the child o' rape thing again or something like that.

I think that's a sure bet. Afterall, it's the root of Olivia's whole raison d'etre. Totally entwined with her every action and reaction.

The casting-call just went out for their 23rd episode, Goliath. So, that's about where they're at with filming. Next week we get Intoxicated with Cathy Moriarity. In between the two are... Design, Blood, and Night.

Out of those possiblities... the title that seems the most O!livia anvilicious is Blood. Just going by the usual pot weasel obviousness.

captain sam

captain sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2005 @ 4:21 AM

The casting-call just went out for their 23rd episode, Goliath.

That definitely made me think of Davey and Goliath. How awesome would a stop-motion episode of SVU be? Little claymation figures done Wallace & Gromit style. Cracking episode, Gromit.

Learned Hand

Learned Hand

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2005 @ 7:57 AM

Out of those possiblities... the title that seems the most O!livia anvilicious is Blood. Just going by the usual pot weasel obviousness.

Heh. You know your stash well, anomalys! The only deader giveaway would have been something like "Detective Olivia Benson and her Genes of Hotness Yet Potential Violence."

"Blood" carries in the tradition of "Careless" from Season 5. We already had a "Care" in Season 3, which handled the same subject matter but did a much better job. So perhaps we can assume that "Blood" will pick up on "Bad Blood" from the first season, where long-haired Baby!Liv whispered "He's not my father..." while Elliot drove away (no doubt thinking, "Oh god, she's crying again...this is like baby-sitting Maureen...." I just hope "Blood" doesn't show anything but krispy kremes in her tummy. Sigh.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2005 @ 8:12 AM

That definitely made me think of Davey and Goliath. How awesome would a stop-motion episode of SVU be?

Now I'm imagining a claymation Casey. (Finally... the perfect format for her.)

Like "Pandora" from Season Four... the title "Goliath" is a noticeable departure from the more general one-word identifiers that the show has relied on since early Season Two. So, I'm definitely curious.

So perhaps we can assume that "Blood" will pick up on "Bad Blood" from the first season, where long-haired Baby!Liv whispered "He's not my father..." while Elliot drove away (no doubt thinking, "Oh god, she's crying again...this is like baby-sitting Maureen....")

Hee! I want to believe that they couldn't possibly be that lazy... but then I remember Seasons 5 & 6.

Edited by anomalys, Mar 10, 2005 @ 8:20 AM.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 12, 2005 @ 9:47 AM

About the spoiler that there's a future script that made Mariska cry and fully compreend her character, could this be it or is this an transcript of an rerun:

I found it in the USA Forum.

"AN EMOTIONAL CASE HITS CLOSE TO HOME FOR DETECTIVE BENSON WHEN SHE TRIES TO PROTECT A TEENAGER FROM HER HOSTILE MOTHER Cathy Moriarty guest stars as Denise Eldridge, a mother who reports a case of statutory rape in an effort to keep her teenage daughter away from her 21-year old boyfriend. The daughter, Carrie Eldridge, (guest star Danielle Panabaker) makes it difficult for SVU involvement when she claims that she and her boyfriend have never had sexual relations. After Carrie undergoes questioning, Mrs. Eldridge is found murdered in her apartment and detectives Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Stabler (Chris Meloni) first suspect Carrie's boyfriend. The surprising plot twist hits particularly close to home for Benson, as personal issues with her mother resurface. Diane Neal, Dann Florek, Richard Belzer, Ice-T and Tamara Tunie also star. "

Thank you

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 12, 2005 @ 6:39 PM

Well, I will just keep the ball running till someone comes play with me... Heheh

Can we also speculate in the thread?

Anyway, already doing it... Does anyone think that this whole Elliot and Kathy separation thing could be a set up to something bigger?
I don't see Elliot and Kathy getting back together. Do you?

I read a rumor in the TV Tome forum that someone is leaving the show this season.

Also, Mariska said in an interview that she wants to get pregnant right away.
How do you think they will work that into the show?

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2005 @ 7:08 PM

Spoilers on two upcoming episodes courtesy of spoilerfix.com.

03/11 - Episode 6.2? - Black: The interrogation of a couple who contracted to adopt the baby of a trial witness suspected dead leads Benson and Stabler to a sperm bank where a doctor claims to be injecting women with the sperm of genuses.

03/11 - Episode 6.2? - Blood: A 21-year-old woman is attacked by two men at a club who then steal her car and toss her baby out the window while getting away. Drugs in her baby's systems lead to an investigation of an elderly woman who might be selling her pain medication.

Edited by Brandon, Mar 12, 2005 @ 7:09 PM.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2005 @ 7:39 PM

Tereza... it's good to familiarize yourself with the "Dos & Don'ts" of the Forum FAQ. The Mods prefer that you don't double post... edit your previous message instead.

Thanks for the Spoilerfix update, Brandon. But it always sounds so convoluted and ridiculous in two sentences or less.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 12, 2005 @ 7:41 PM

Thank you for your input, anomalys. I didn't know that. It won't happen again. Promise. Don't wanna mess with the moderators.

Edited by tereza, Mar 16, 2005 @ 10:25 PM.

Sing1118

Sing1118

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 1:42 AM

There's a poster on IMDb whose sn is nealbaer and he posted about Alex Returns! in the first or second week of December, way before we found out, and he has a weird habit of deleting his posts a few hours after posting. emma2000 over there believes it is Bore, but I never saw any of his posts before... anyway, I'm rambling, but it's in regards to the authenticity of what I'm about to post. He's at it again- he posted, what, two hours ago? I ran straight here with this spoiler and now it's already been deleted from IMDb.

There was a thread about Casey and nealbaer posted this:

just wait... you'll really see something with Casey Novak in the episode starring Alfred Molina, Angela Lansbury, Rita Moreno and Bradley Cooper... and the finale of the season... wow...

I know we're not supposed to speculate, so I just thought I'd throw it out there and we can chew on it and then comment when we find out more. Plus... Molina, Lansbury and Moreno in one episode? Huh.
Anyway, I checked spoilerfix and didn't see any mention of any of the SGS's, so we'll just have to wait. Or someone with better connections than I might have found something already?

Edited by Sing1118, Mar 21, 2005 @ 2:08 AM.

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 1:46 AM

Ok, let's see. Bradley is the psycho killer who takes Casey out by placing objects in her path and sharp objects on the floor. Alfred Molina is his defense lawyer. Angela Lansbury is Casey's graceful grandmother, who -- it turns out -- ordered the hit because she couldn't be associated with One More Lurch.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Edited by mrsdalgleish, Mar 21, 2005 @ 1:47 AM.

kel

kel

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 10:22 AM

I can confirm the Angela Lansbury, Rita Moreno and Alfred Molina appearances. They talked about all of them at the Paley Festival and they were excited about it.

I hadn't heard about Bradley Cooper, but he's sure making the rounds this year.

tereza

tereza

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 10:43 AM

Well, I don't know if that helps, but the only forum with SVU spoilers that I can see it's a little more up to date is Mariskafans.com's section about SVU's spoilers.

They don't have much info, but at least they have more discussion.
Still they have nothing about this finale and all the guess starts and Casey's storyline.
So far, haven't found a very good spoiler's site for this show.

Poetry

Poetry

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 11:20 AM

I can confirm the Angela Lansbury, Rita Moreno and Alfred Molina appearances

Did they mention if they were all in the same episode?
Talk about putting all of your eggs in one "sweeps" basket.

kel

kel

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 11:28 AM

Did they mention if they were all in the same episode?
Talk about putting all of your eggs in one "sweeps" basket.

I'm almost certain that AL and AM are in the same episode. They mentioned Rita Moreno when someone brought of L&O/Oz actor crossovers. So, I'm not sure.

Also, there will be a TBJ/SVU crossover in May, maybe this is that episode?

Poetry

Poetry

Posted Mar 21, 2005 @ 12:12 PM

Thanks for info kel. Alfred Molina should be brilliant. He always is. To bad there is a possiblity the episode might center around Casey.